• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Need a Redo! A Fall 2012 PTR: NEW 11/11 Trip Report Link!

44 days to go!

Greg and I are really looking forward to this trip. He's been really busy at work lately (like working 10+ hour days every day) and since I have two part-time jobs, I work nearly every day. Luckily, we both enjoy our jobs or else we probably wouldn't be very happy people to be around. ;) (But seriously...) Should I get out my violin now? :rotfl: :charac2:

We do have a long weekend this coming weekend because we're going to visit our friends in Texas. Yee ha! I'll still be checking in on the DIS though, thanks to my iPhone app! :thumbsup2 (I may or not be slightly obsessed with my iPhone.)

This update isn't complete nonsense, I promise! What's happening on the trip front? Well...

A few weeks ago, Greg and I got 'some' pins (you know, just 50...:rolleyes1) we ordered from Ebay and we had fun dividing them up.

IMG_0840_zpsc139d20b.jpg

He's a lot more into than I am, so I let him have more but he still hints occasionally that he wants me to order MORE! We're only there for 5 days babe! :rotfl: On our 'Orlando' trip back in March/April of this year, we bought him a pin binder to keep his collection in. This is getting serious! I knew that he would love collecting and it's my fault he got started. (I bought him his first pins for his birthday last year.) Oh well, I like to collect, too! :)

Today I had to make a Target run so I could finish up my packing for this weekend and I picked up a few travel-related items for Disney:

IMG_0924_zps7c72418e.jpg

Yes, sadly, that is Tide. I'm one of 'those people' that likes to come home with as little dirty laundry as possible. There's nothing like coming home and having 5 loads to clean! Ugh... :(

I also worked on a touring card for our 2nd day:

WDWNov12Day2_zps209b7778.jpg

I'm waiting to hear back from Greg's aunt about when (and if) she'd like to get together for brunch/lunch on Sunday and then I can plan our day around that. It'll be fun to be with family on property, if only for a little while. :)

What do I have left to do to be ready for this trip?

-Packing list
-Shopping for trip items
-Purchase/prepare 'gift bag' for Greg? (I kind of want to surprise him with a new t-shirt b/c many of his Disney t-shirts are too big now, the Hidden Mickey book b/c he's been wanting it for a while and more pins to open the first morning of our trip.)
-Finish touring cards
-Purchase Early Bird check-in for our flight home (I really don't want to have to worry about checking in on our last day in our happy place, talk about DEPRESSING)
-Purchase new hipster? (I'm tired of the pattern that I have now. Hey, if Greg gets fun things for the trip, I get some too, right? :))
-Call Pop directly to request king room + building request (the only time we actually had our king room request granted was when we spoke with concierge on our trip last fall)
-Put ADR numbers into phone
-Print touring cards, daily schedule & res. numbers (prepare trip binder)
(I'm sure I'll think of more but it's nice to have my initial thoughts collected.)

I definitely want to do a countdown of some sort for this trip. I think it would be fun to do a countdown with things we love/are most looking forward to. So stay tuned!!!

More Wonderful plans!! I actually bought a Pin lot from eBay a few weeks ago. It was 100 pins!! I'm set to go!!

Just a note: Kim Possible is no more. Instead it is Agent P
When you post your planning cards on the DIS you may want to block out your confirmation numbers... Not sure if anyone would try and steal your ADR or not but better to be safe!

I LOVE seeing your weight loss ticker!! You are doing AWESOME!!!

smile4stamps said:
More Wonderful plans!! I actually bought a Pin lot from eBay a few weeks ago. It was 100 pins!! I'm set to go!!

Just a note: Kim Possible is no more. Instead it is Agent P
When you post your planning cards on the DIS you may want to block out your confirmation numbers... Not sure if anyone would try and steal your ADR or not but better to be safe!

I LOVE seeing your weight loss ticker!! You are doing AWESOME!!!

I forgot to block out my ADR number! Thanks for the reminder!

No more KP? What is Agent P? Must find out...

Thanks! I started Metformin this week. It's been an interesting week...

I can't believe you're down to 43 days already! I'm at 50, it seems like it's almost here, but it also seems like it's forever! :rotfl2:

I've been thinking about buying some pins from ebay to get into trading, I'm not sure I'd be ok with walking up to a complete stranger, even if it is a CM, but I'd really like to try!

Haha, I do laundry at Disney on every trip too, I just have to, when the dirty clothes start piling up, I get so anxious...I need to have everything clean! :rotfl:

No more KP? What is Agent P? Must find out...​

Agent P? From Phineas and Ferb, Perry the Platypus! KP was replaced by a similar game, but now it's with Agent P! I can't wait to try it, I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! :banana:

I can't believe you're down to 43 days already! I'm at 50, it seems like it's almost here, but it also seems like it's forever! :rotfl2:

I've been thinking about buying some pins from ebay to get into trading, I'm not sure I'd be ok with walking up to a complete stranger, even if it is a CM, but I'd really like to try!

Haha, I do laundry at Disney on every trip too, I just have to, when the dirty clothes start piling up, I get so anxious...I need to have everything clean! :rotfl:

No more KP? What is Agent P? Must find out...​

Agent P? From Phineas and Ferb, Perry the Platypus! KP was replaced by a similar game, but now it's with Agent P! I can't wait to try it, I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! :banana:

I had a feeling it was from Phineas and Ferb. Unfortunately, I find that show just LITTLE bit annoying. (I'm sorry!!!)

You should definitely order some pins! We paid about $25 for 50 pins! I am kind of shy about it. I make Greg do the initial asking most of the time and then I'll join in. :)

I had a feeling it was from Phineas and Ferb. Unfortunately, I find that show just LITTLE bit annoying. (I'm sorry!!!)

You should definitely order some pins! We paid about $25 for 50 pins! I am kind of shy about it. I make Greg do the initial asking most of the time and then I'll join in. :)

$25 for 50pins?!!? that is AMAZING!!! I got 100 pins for $100. I thought that was good!!

I forgot to block out my ADR number! Thanks for the reminder!

No more KP? What is Agent P? Must find out...

Thanks! I started Metformin this week. It's been an interesting week...

Opps.. Meant to quote this too!

You are welcome ont he reminder... I thought I had seen you cross out the others...

The Agent 5 question has already been answered...

Yeah I imagine the week on Metformin has been interesting.... I remember starting out on that (and my memory sucks so if I remember it you know it was BAD!)

Hi, :wave2:

Congratulations on your weightloss. :cool1: I've been struggling BIG time with trying to lose weight. I've been stuck at 13lbs for over a month now. I'm so frustrated and mad at myself because I know I'm the only one to blame. My motivation has been our upcoming trip in November. ((I'd like to fit on some rides and NOT be miserable when I'm walking all day long)) :rolleyes2 If I can get REALLY serious about this this NOW, I'm hoping to lose 15-20 lbs before we leave. This is nowhere near my goal weight, but 30lbs off of my joints will make a big difference for walking about the parks.

As far as your PCOS.. (((LONG STORY SHORT))) My BFF and I were trying to conceive at the same time. I had no problem getting pregnant with my daughter and wasn't expecting to get pregnant the second time around. My BFF however was diagnosed with PCOS and we were worried that it was going to take her forever if at all. She ends up getting pregnant first try, and it took me a year. I was devasted month after month. ((Jayden was worth it though)) I ended up finding out I was pregnant on the day my BFF gave birth to her baby. :goodvibes Things happen for a reason I guess. :scratchin

Your trip plans sound GREAT........... I can't wait to read more.

I hit the 50 day mark today for our trip! :cool1:

reyasmommy said:
Hi, :wave2:

Congratulations on your weightloss. :cool1: I've been struggling BIG time with trying to lose weight. I've been stuck at 13lbs for over a month now. I'm so frustrated and mad at myself because I know I'm the only one to blame. My motivation has been our upcoming trip in November. ((I'd like to fit on some rides and NOT be miserable when I'm walking all day long)) :rolleyes2 If I can get REALLY serious about this this NOW, I'm hoping to lose 15-20 lbs before we leave. This is nowhere near my goal weight, but 30lbs off of my joints will make a big difference for walking about the parks.

As far as your PCOS.. (((LONG STORY SHORT))) My BFF and I were trying to conceive at the same time. I had no problem getting pregnant with my daughter and wasn't expecting to get pregnant the second time around. My BFF however was diagnosed with PCOS and we were worried that it was going to take her forever if at all. She ends up getting pregnant first try, and it took me a year. I was devasted month after month. ((Jayden was worth it though)) I ended up finding out I was pregnant on the day my BFF gave birth to her baby. :goodvibes Things happen for a reason I guess. :scratchin

Your trip plans sound GREAT........... I can't wait to read more.

I hit the 50 day mark today for our trip! :cool1:

Thanks! I finally think I was in the right mind set to lose the weight. I still want to lose another 60+ lbs but that'll come in time. It was a lot to take in for the first couple of months. My biggest advice to you is to let yourself indulge at least once a week. It helps not to feel like you are depriving yourself.

I'm hoping that this Metformin + Clomid will work. I'm trying to be optimistic but we've been trying for so long it's disheartening.

What are your dates???

smile4stamps said:
Opps.. Meant to quote this too!

You are welcome ont he reminder... I thought I had seen you cross out the others...

The Agent 5 question has already been answered...

Yeah I imagine the week on Metformin has been interesting.... I remember starting out on that (and my memory sucks so if I remember it you know it was BAD!)

Yeah, I won't be able to fix it until Monday at the earliest so NOBODY take my Les Chefs ADR-or else. Haha

It's been on and off, today wasn't so good and tomorrow I double my dosage. Ahhh!

smile4stamps said:
My # 1 advice for the metformin is DO NOT drink Alcohol! I got SO sick! It was a BAD BAD choice!

I'm worried to try it. I'm in Texas visiting friends for the weekend and I'm sure I'll want to enjoy a couple but I am going to have to sip first and wait to see what happens.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your itinerary cards! Those are right up my alley! I have no fun trip planning sheets this time. I have seriously slacked! :confused3 All of your plans sound great! :thumbsup2

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE said:
Oh my goodness, I LOVE your itinerary cards! Those are right up my alley! I have no fun trip planning sheets this time. I have seriously slacked! :confused3 All of your plans sound great! :thumbsup2

Thank you but I can't take credit, I got the idea from someone else's PTR.

Thanks, of course I will end up changing them.

Here's our day 3 plans:

Day3Plans-1-1.jpg

We're meeting with Greg's aunt, uncle, cousin and his wife for a late breakfast at the Captain's Grille. The rest of the day is pretty up in the air. We might go to Hollywood Studios, we might just go back and hang out by the pool or we might go resort hopping and spend some time exploring. Who knows??? :confused3 I'm pretty sure we'll head to DTD in the evening b/c it's the only time that seems to work well with the schedule but we'll see.

Update: What do I have left to do to be ready for this trip?

-Packing list
I'm currently working on this.
-Shopping for trip items
Done! (I went through toiletries, park items, etc. this morning and then went to the store so hopefully I won't need anything else.)
-Purchase/prepare 'gift bag' for Greg? (I kind of want to surprise him with a new t-shirt b/c many of his Disney t-shirts are too big now, the Hidden Mickey book b/c he's been wanting it for a while and more pins to open the first morning of our trip.)
I definitely want to buy the Hidden Mickey book but I'm thinking that I'll hold off on the shirt (he mentioned yesterday that he wants a new one but I think he'd like it more if he could pick it out) and I'm not convinced he needs more pins...
-Finish touring cards
I have 3/6 complete, hoping to finish the rest in the next 2 weeks.
-Purchase Early Bird check-in for our flight home (I really don't want to have to worry about checking in on our last day in our happy place, talk about DEPRESSING)
Still need to do!
-Purchase new hipster? (I'm tired of the pattern that I have now. Hey, if Greg gets fun things for the trip, I get some too, right? )
Have a trip to the outlet mall planned soon and there's a Vera Bradley store there! :goodvibes
-Call Pop directly to request king room + building request (the only time we actually had our king room request granted was when we spoke with concierge on our trip last fall)
This will be done on Monday/Tuesday before the trip.
-Put ADR numbers into phone
I still need to do and I'm going to wait until the weekend before the trip b/c I'm sure I'll be changing my ADRs a bit.
-Print touring cards, daily schedule & res. numbers (prepare trip binder)
I'll do this at work Tuesday/Wednesday before the trip.
-Hash out a food & souvie budget
Still need to do.
-Make souvie list (B/c I'm always thinking of odds & ends that it would be nice to have but I can never remember when I'm there!)
Still need to do.
-E-mail DH's aunt to confirm breakfast
Still need to do.
-Empty iPhone & SD card of pictures
Still need to do.
-Check out books from the library to read on the trip
Still need to do. (Need to make mental note to have at least 3, I brought 2 to Texas this weekend and it wasn't enough!)
(I'm sure I'll think of more but it's nice to have my initial thoughts collected.)
-Check-in for flight to MCO
Do on Wednesday before the trip.
-Pack
Do weekend before the trip.
-Straighten & clean house
Do Tuesday before the trip.
-Shop for groceries to have ready while we're gone
Do weekend/Monday before the trip.

Wow, 36 days, it's getting so close! :banana:

Haha, I have to do some of the same things as you, like buy my Early Bird Check in (which I should do right now, actually!) and buy a new Hipster! (Again, I should just do it right now!) I'm still 43 days out and while it seems so close, it still seems so far! It feels like it will never get here! :rotfl: I'm so ready to go!

I love your planning cards. Which program did you use? I need to do something and am hoping to put them in a 4 x 6 photo album, but don't know where to start.

Just an update from my last response-I got off the DISboards yesterday and immediately ordered a new hipster, booked my Early bird check in, AND got a pretty decent car rental rate with Alamo! I've been putting that stuff off for so long, and I got it all done within minutes! All because of your PTR! :rotfl2:

Wow, 36 days, it's getting so close! :banana:

Haha, I have to do some of the same things as you, like buy my Early Bird Check in (which I should do right now, actually!) and buy a new Hipster! (Again, I should just do it right now!) I'm still 43 days out and while it seems so close, it still seems so far! It feels like it will never get here! :rotfl: I'm so ready to go!

I'm at 33 days now, looking forward to Monday when I can say 'I'm going to Disney NEXT MONTH!!' :cool1:

I love your planning cards. Which program did you use? I need to do something and am hoping to put them in a 4 x 6 photo album, but don't know where to start.

Thanks!!! :) I can't take credit, I got the idea from another PTR. I actually just used Microsoft Word. It's not very user friendly to create things like touring cards with all of the text boxes but I don't have Publisher at home. I would use Publisher if you have it, because it's much easier to move the text boxes around.

Just an update from my last response-I got off the DISboards yesterday and immediately ordered a new hipster, booked my Early bird check in, AND got a pretty decent car rental rate with Alamo! I've been putting that stuff off for so long, and I got it all done within minutes! All because of your PTR! :rotfl2:

Shut up! Now you make me look like a slacker!!! I need to book the early bird check-in. I'm going to do it tonight. I'll be getting a new hipster next Sunday hopefully, so that takes care of two things. We're not renting a car but if we had an AP and could park for free, I might actually consider it. Well, maybe not, I loooooove starting our trip on the Magical Express! I feel surrounded in the Disney bubble from start to finish. :goodvibes

Look what we got in the mail today!!!!!!

IMG_09821.jpg

I knew it had to be coming so I was very excited to check the mail this week. :goodvibes

I'm planning on typing up the packing list this weekend and hopefully finishing up the touring cards. I also want to think of an idea for the countdown, which I think I'll start at 10 days. We'll see, I just finished a 6 day work week and tomorrow I plan on doing my cooking and meal prep for the week, so we'll see how things go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter