We Need a Redo! A Fall 2012 PTR: NEW 11/11 Trip Report Link!

I'm a little late, but I'm joining.

That's so awesome about your weight loss. I've been on a similar trajectory and am about 1/2 way there. You are absolutely right, it's a lifestyle change. I bet you feel pretty amazing though too. :goodvibes You look great!

I'm a little late, but I'm joining.

That's so awesome about your weight loss. I've been on a similar trajectory and am about 1/2 way there. You are absolutely right, it's a lifestyle change. I bet you feel pretty amazing though too. :goodvibes You look great!

I'm so glad that you came over!!! I have to admit, I have been quite the lurker on your DLRP TR. :thumbsup2 I'm always happy to have a fellow Chicagoan as well! Although, I'm not sure I can technically call myself a Chicagoan, I'm more of a suburbanite. My DH works in the city, though. Does that count? :laughing:

I have not been as diligent as I should be about my calorie counting. I pretty much have my frequently consumed food calorie counts engraved in my brain; an apple is 80, 2 tbsp. of PB is 190, 1/2 c. of lowfat cottage cheese is 80, and so on. :laughing: I worked out Sunday-Thursday last week but today marks day 3 of no exercising. Time for some cardio tomorrow AM!!! Congrats on your success. I am getting pretty comfortable in my skin. I think once I lose about 40 more lbs. I'll probably be content. Just gotta get rid of this belly! Darn PCOS!!!

I'm so glad that you came over!!! I have to admit, I have been quite the lurker on your DLRP TR. :thumbsup2 I'm always happy to have a fellow Chicagoan as well! Although, I'm not sure I can technically call myself a Chicagoan, I'm more of a suburbanite. My DH works in the city, though. Does that count? :laughing:

I have not been as diligent as I should be about my calorie counting. I pretty much have my frequently consumed food calorie counts engraved in my brain; an apple is 80, 2 tbsp. of PB is 190, 1/2 c. of lowfat cottage cheese is 80, and so on. :laughing: I worked out Sunday-Thursday last week but today marks day 3 of no exercising. Time for some cardio tomorrow AM!!! Congrats on your success. I am getting pretty comfortable in my skin. I think once I lose about 40 more lbs. I'll probably be content. Just gotta get rid of this belly! Darn PCOS!!!

Lurk away, that's fine! :lmao: I've lurked on so many TR's too, it's hard to keep track of all of them.

I'm technically not a Chicagoan anymore, I am a suburbanite too. But Chicagoland sounds so much better than most other cities we have in the area.

I'm not always the most diligent with calorie counting, but I have my limits too. I have to, otherwise I go crazy!

What I want to lose and what I probably will lose in the end are two different things I know, but I want to set my goal high. I've been doing Couch to 5K training, so that's where I've been getting the majority of my cardio. It's hard, but everything we do will be so worth it in the end. I'm back at the gym tomorrow after work. :thumbsup2

Hello! :wave2: I'm still out here but playing catch up after my trip!

You are going to LOVE the new Fantasyland. We were soooo lucky that we got to check it out while we were there. We rode Under the Sea twice - the first time was at night and we were in the outdoor part of the queue during Wishes - AMAZING! Then we rode again on our last day. We fastpassed it and made it through the line much quicker. The ride did break down 4 times but luckily the first 3 times were short. The last time they had to close it down and evacuate everyone. But we were at the very end of the ride (the clammobile in front of us was already empty before it stopped).

On Sat night (13th) Be Our Guest wasn't open but we got to walk through it on Sunday (14th). We stopped at Gaston's and sampled the new drink, LeFou's brew. Yum! We also did the Storytime with Belle attraction. It was so cute. I'm glad I did it because my boys probably won't like it. The only thing we didn't do was the Meet & Greet with Ariel.

As far as F&W - I'm picky and haven't really sampled anything from the F&W booths on previous trips during that time. I'm so glad I took the time to try some new things this time. We had a lot of fun. On our first day, Wednesday, we went to Canada and I got the filet - YUM-O!!! I also had a few Dragonberry Coladas - maybe my new favorite Disney drink! I also tried the Slider in Hawaii - I didn't like it so much. I enjoyed the beef skewer - I think from Argentina? - with the potatoes!! I had the ravioli in Italy which was very good too. On our second F&W day I actually ordered a DOUBLE Filet in Canada! I knew there wouldn't be too much else I would like at the booths we had chosen for that day so I wanted to fill up. It was soooo good!

We also did the 3D Dessert Party. A bit overwhelming in there but it was pretty fun. Not sure we'd do it again but we had a good time. I also wasn't feeling great that night (caught a cold down there) so that might have contributed to be not loving the event. The fireworks were so cool with the 3D glasses!

We'll be doing a TR so I won't give away too much more but I think those are the things I wanted to share with you. :goodvibes

I always do online check in, and I always make room requests. I know some people say not to, but it hasn't seemed to matter for me, we usually get most of our requests. If not, you can always ask for a room with your requests and wait for it. :confused3 The reason I like online check in is because our room is almost always ready when we get to the resort, which is really important to me! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you're in single digits tomorrow! I'm at 17 LONG DAYS today! :crazy2:

Lurk away, that's fine! :lmao: I've lurked on so many TR's too, it's hard to keep track of all of them.

I'm technically not a Chicagoan anymore, I am a suburbanite too. But Chicagoland sounds so much better than most other cities we have in the area.

I'm not always the most diligent with calorie counting, but I have my limits too. I have to, otherwise I go crazy!

What I want to lose and what I probably will lose in the end are two different things I know, but I want to set my goal high. I've been doing Couch to 5K training, so that's where I've been getting the majority of my cardio. It's hard, but everything we do will be so worth it in the end. I'm back at the gym tomorrow after work. :thumbsup2

I ran my first 5k in September, we did the Firefly Run. It was an awesome feeling! My goal was to finish in less than 45 minutes and not to walk at all. I did it in 36:54. :) I also should tell you that when DH and I started working out regularly in March, I thought I was having a heart attack. :laughing:

Hello! :wave2: I'm still out here but playing catch up after my trip!

You are going to LOVE the new Fantasyland. We were soooo lucky that we got to check it out while we were there. We rode Under the Sea twice - the first time was at night and we were in the outdoor part of the queue during Wishes - AMAZING! Then we rode again on our last day. We fastpassed it and made it through the line much quicker. The ride did break down 4 times but luckily the first 3 times were short. The last time they had to close it down and evacuate everyone. But we were at the very end of the ride (the clammobile in front of us was already empty before it stopped).

On Sat night (13th) Be Our Guest wasn't open but we got to walk through it on Sunday (14th). We stopped at Gaston's and sampled the new drink, LeFou's brew. Yum! We also did the Storytime with Belle attraction. It was so cute. I'm glad I did it because my boys probably won't like it. The only thing we didn't do was the Meet & Greet with Ariel.

As far as F&W - I'm picky and haven't really sampled anything from the F&W booths on previous trips during that time. I'm so glad I took the time to try some new things this time. We had a lot of fun. On our first day, Wednesday, we went to Canada and I got the filet - YUM-O!!! I also had a few Dragonberry Coladas - maybe my new favorite Disney drink! I also tried the Slider in Hawaii - I didn't like it so much. I enjoyed the beef skewer - I think from Argentina? - with the potatoes!! I had the ravioli in Italy which was very good too. On our second F&W day I actually ordered a DOUBLE Filet in Canada! I knew there wouldn't be too much else I would like at the booths we had chosen for that day so I wanted to fill up. It was soooo good!

We also did the 3D Dessert Party. A bit overwhelming in there but it was pretty fun. Not sure we'd do it again but we had a good time. I also wasn't feeling great that night (caught a cold down there) so that might have contributed to be not loving the event. The fireworks were so cool with the 3D glasses!

We'll be doing a TR so I won't give away too much more but I think those are the things I wanted to share with you. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to see the New Fantasyland! The Enchanted Tales with Belle was filled but I'm not sure DH would enjoy that very much. I'm not sure he's going to like the M&G with Ariel any better, but hey, what can you do? :confused3

I remember you saying that you are a picky eater but you know what you like! :) I'm so excited to try the filet. The potatoes with the beef skewer from Argentina are amazing! Yummmmmmm! Unfortunately, I can't drink any alcohol on the medicine I am taking but there's a good chance that I won't be taking it anymore by the time we go to Disney next week. I'd rather keep taking the medicine than be able to drink alcohol, though. We'll see what the doctor says.

I always do online check in, and I always make room requests. I know some people say not to, but it hasn't seemed to matter for me, we usually get most of our requests. If not, you can always ask for a room with your requests and wait for it. :confused3 The reason I like online check in is because our room is almost always ready when we get to the resort, which is really important to me! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you're in single digits tomorrow! I'm at 17 LONG DAYS today! :crazy2:

I realllllllly want a king room!!! The double beds just aren't comfortable for DH and I to sleep in together. Granted, we've lost over 100lbs as a couple since March, but I doubt we'll be comfy still.

We're not going to be checking in until after 10PM, so I'm not too concerned with our room not being ready.

I'm so ready for this vacation, you have NO idea!!!

Care to SINGLE DIGIT DANCE WITH ME?!

:dancer::mickeyjum:dogdance::dancer:

Just 9 more days!!!

As far as ‘real life’: We had an eventful end to our weekend. I woke up early Monday morning with stomach pain and it wouldn’t go away. My stomach felt extremely sore and the pain was radiating through to my back. After an hour, I asked Greg to take me to the ER. I had several tests done, including a CT scan and they diagnosed me with GERD, or acid reflux disease. What’s even worse is that poor Greg ended up getting sick while at the hospital with me! We think that we must have eaten something that didn’t agree with our stomachs and both had a touch of food poisoning and b/c of my medicine, it affected me differently. I have to follow up with my PC doctor this week and I’m hoping I’ll be able to continue the medication, just on a lower dosage. If not, which could very well be the case b/c my liver enzymes are slightly elevated (this medicine is to blame for that, too), there’s not such a bright future in terms of Greg and I having a baby on our own. God must have a plan but it’s going to take me a while to accept it I think! Enough of this sad stuff!

On the trip front, I decided against online check-in. We’ll call next Monday to make a room request directly with Pop and keep our fingers crossed!

I’ve been playing around with our ADRs a bit but I don’t have solid plans as to what we’ll do each day so they are all subject to change while there. I’m hoping we’ll be able to walk up to many restaurants. (No guys, not ‘Ohana, Le Cellier, etc., I’m a DISer, I know that most likely wouldn’t happen!) Park hours were extended just a little bit but it gives us more flexibility in our days.

On the weather front, Accuweather is calling for the following (it changed since last night and I’m much happier with this forecast so I hope it’ll stay similar to this):

Fri: 80 and cloudy
Sat: 83 and partly sunny
Sun: 81 and partial sunshine
Mon: 82 and rain
Tues: 72 and considerable clouds
Wed: 77 and abundant sunshine

One day of rain is doable so long as it’s not like the rain we had at the end of our fall trip last year where not even a poncho could keep you remotely dry! The forecast for our trip last week and into the beginning of this week was calling for low-mid 70s and lots of clouds. I would love to spend some time by the pool and high 70s-low 80s is perfect!

Woo hoo, single digits!!!

:banana: party::jumping1::drinking1:rainbow::sulley:

I'm officially jealous! I don't even know when I'll hit single digits...I guess next Tuesday since I'm a week behind you!

I hope you get the king bed you want, we never request a king bed because there are other requests more important to me (like an upper floor and certain buildings, if that applies) so sometimes, Brandon and I will sleep in separate beds on vacation. I know, it's weird, but it's sooo nice to have all that room! :rotfl2: Having a king bed would be awesome, but I don't want to add another request to the list!

Hope you are feeling better! :goodvibes

Woo hoo, single digits!!!

:banana: party::jumping1::drinking1:rainbow::sulley:

I'm officially jealous! I don't even know when I'll hit single digits...I guess next Tuesday since I'm a week behind you!

I hope you get the king bed you want, we never request a king bed because there are other requests more important to me (like an upper floor and certain buildings, if that applies) so sometimes, Brandon and I will sleep in separate beds on vacation. I know, it's weird, but it's sooo nice to have all that room! :rotfl2: Having a king bed would be awesome, but I don't want to add another request to the list!

Hope you are feeling better! :goodvibes

It makes me jealous to think that when I come back, you'll be all excited b/c you leave the next day AND you're staying for over a week!!! So there! :rotfl:

We slept in separate beds our first night at Pop last fall. It wasn't horrible but I'm so used to waking up next to Greg, that it would just be weird!

I'm feeling better. Just worried about my white blood cell count and liver enzyme level. I know when I go to the doctor on Friday, she'll just run blood work and I'll have to wait until early-mid next week to get the results. I might call tomorrow to leave a message with her and follow up, maybe she won't be concerned and I can just skip the appointment. Fear of the unknown is what gets to me!

Joining in the dance! :dance3:

Single digits, awesome!

On a side note, I hope you're feeling better. :guilty: Not feeling well before a trip is never fun.

Joining in the dance! :dance3:

Single digits, awesome!

On a side note, I hope you're feeling better. :guilty: Not feeling well before a trip is never fun.

Thank you for dancing with me! Aside from you and Jen, no one else was in the celebratory mood I guess. :confused3

I feel better physically, but mentally I'm still worried about the results of follow-up blood work that I'll have done in a couple of weeks. I know, I'm Type A, have anxiety, and I'm a hypochondriac. Not a good mix. But I promise I'm a fun person. :rotfl2: Wednesday evening was real bad, but I have less anxiety as the days go by. :)

5 more days!

What did I do to celebrate being just 5 days away from being in my happy place? Cancelled all of our ADRs.

Yep!

Well, if you want to be technical, I cancelled all but one, I kept a breakfast at Captain's Grille b/c we're meeting Greg's family there.

I decided that I don't want to be bogged down by a schedule or an ADR. We'll do walk-ups and if we can't walk up to our first choice, we'll find another. Either that or I'll make reservations for the day once we figure out what we'd like to do.

I'm pretty excited about it and I'm definitely excited for the trip report. Everything we did will be a mystery! ;)

Thank you for dancing with me! Aside from you and Jen, no one else was in the celebratory mood I guess. :confused3

I feel better physically, but mentally I'm still worried about the results of follow-up blood work that I'll have done in a couple of weeks. I know, I'm Type A, have anxiety, and I'm a hypochondriac. Not a good mix. But I promise I'm a fun person. :rotfl2: Wednesday evening was real bad, but I have less anxiety as the days go by. :)

I just found your report; you must be SO excited your trip is so close!! I'm also a Chicagoan, though on the northern end - we're about 30 minutes from the Wisconsin border. Used to fly a lot out of Milwaukee.
Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and let you know you've got another follower!

I just found your report; you must be SO excited your trip is so close!! I'm also a Chicagoan, though on the northern end - we're about 30 minutes from the Wisconsin border. Used to fly a lot out of Milwaukee.
Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and let you know you've got another follower!

Hi! I LOVE having new followers (especially those that come out of lurking *hint*hint*cough*cough*). :)

I am EXCITED! Tomorrow is packing day and I can't wait!!!

5 days?! Aaaahhhh! So exciting! I can't wait to hear about the trip with no adrs, should make things a lot more lose and easy going!

Wow I can't believe you cancelled all of your ADR's! :dance3: It would be nice to do that, but there are too many places I'm looking forward to eating, like Le Cellier and 'Ohana, and I know we'd never get walk-ups there! Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip!

I can't believe you cancelled them all! I could never do that. I love the popular places just too much! OUr trips are coming up:thumbsup2 So stoked to be there!

5 days?! Aaaahhhh! So exciting! I can't wait to hear about the trip with no adrs, should make things a lot more lose and easy going!

I hope so!

Wow I can't believe you cancelled all of your ADR's! :dance3: It would be nice to do that, but there are too many places I'm looking forward to eating, like Le Cellier and 'Ohana, and I know we'd never get walk-ups there! Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip!

I can't believe you cancelled them all! I could never do that. I love the popular places just too much! OUr trips are coming up:thumbsup2 So stoked to be there!

Well, I wasn't able to get 'Ohana (it was never available for any of the nights we're there). Le Cellier isn't a must do for us and although I might like to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, no times were available either. So, it's okay! :) I do have a list of restaurants that I'd like to eat at this time:

Chefs de France NEW
Raglan Road NEW
Boma (breakfast)
San Angel
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Narcoossee's NEW
Wave
Rose & Crown
Tutto Italia NEW
Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast)

There could be more but I'm not sure. :confused3 :laughing:

Guess what?! Only 3 days left!!!

(BTW-I hope all of my DISers who are being affected by Sandy on the east coast are safe and sound, relaxing in their homes! :) )

Today went by so fast! I was super productive at work, came home and baked at least 5 dozen cookies for a bake sale at work tomorrow, and worked on my 3-month evaluation for the job I started this past summer. Phew! I still want to get my carry on packed this evening. I have a feeling the rest of the remaining days are going to go by just as quickly, too.

After work tomorrow, I'm going to get my nails done (I always treat myself to this before a trip) and then I need to come home and do laundry.

Wednesday, I work both jobs so I'll be at one library in the morning/early afternoon and at the other library in the late afternoon/evening. (Have I mentioned that it's a good thing that I LOVE my jobs otherwise I would be one unhappy person working all the time!)

Thursday, I work until 3 and then we're off to the airport! :cool1:

If you want to follow me on Twitter, my name is @RachaelDab. I have security locked down pretty good on my Facebook but I'd love to have you guys as a friend, if you PM me the email attached to your FB account or your name, I can look you up. :) I'm not sure how often I'll be updated while in Disney, but I'm sure it'll be at least a few times! :)

Yay 3 DAYS!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I followed you on Twitter! I'm @minnie_ears, if you want to follow me! :thumbsup2

Hope the next couple of days fly by for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter