• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Got No Troubles; Life Is The Bubbles! 04/18 - Complete!

Loving your trip report!Those chocolate muffins are VERY chocolaty. We shared one and loved it but it was very rich. I just love walking down Main st. It's a great way to start off a trip :)

:hyper: Good grief!!!! Reading your TR is making me wish I was there RIGHT NOW!!! :goodvibes Thank goodness I only have 12 1/2 days!!! Loving your TR!!!

Hi...I am joining in!

Love all the pictures! Wow loving the LM room, cool bathroom and bed. Ummmm...may have to try it one day.

Touring the world while it is raining is not really exciting but don't stop us from having fun. Hope you did too?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian!!

I am excited to read more....
:welcome: And I hope you're enjoying a long weekend and some yummy turkey!
We usually ignore the rain and tour as we would have anyway, it never stops us from having fun! (until we have to go to a meal soaking wet and the a/c makes us freeze! :rotfl2:)

Well, I'm FINALLY here, which means that I'm thinking about starting my own TR tonight. You took some amazing shots! (not that I'm at all surprised about this) I was worried about the trek from LM section to the main building when we went over the night of Hoop Dee Doo but I think because it's so full of detail it makes the walk seem much less of a pain in the rear.

Can't wait to see all 5000 of your pictures! :rotfl2:
Start your TR, you!!

Well first off, awesome that you got your King Bed request. :cool1:

I'm in love with the room already and all I've seen so far is your one picture!

That shower is amazing! I want it in my house.

That's awesome that they have H2O stuff at all of the resorts now! For the longest time, they only had it at the moderates and deluxes, not at the values. That's great if they've expanded it to all of the resorts.

Your "tasted porky" comment reminds me of my cousin. We ate at restaurant Marrakech years ago, and my Dad ordered the lamb. She's not a fan of lamb, so she wanted to try it. So I asked her "what did you think", and she says "well.....it's lamby!" :rotfl2:
I'm glad that they're making the values a little better. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to come up to deluxe level, that's why we pay less! But a few little extras are nice.
If your cousin can call something lamby, then porky is a good adjective too! :rotfl
:

I think it would have been nice if there would have been a small mix of each type of room for each resort theme...

OK - so I was anxiously awaiting your TLM room photos - and they did not disappoint...

I LOVE THAT BED!!!! :cheer2: It is so cute!!

And that shower... I love that too!!!!

I love all the colors of the room, and the brightness of it and the resort - it's so awesome! Even if we don't stay there - I am going to have to plan a day to go explore. :thumbsup2

Hmmm... I may have to rethink TLM section... It's adorable!

D~
The room is freaking adorable, it was really awesome. The resort is so colourful, it really is exactly what I would want out of a Disney hotel!

That room looks AMAZING! I love how Disney thinks of every detail, how could you not love it? I definitely should have made the boys stay there, oh well there's always next time!

Isn't it funny how Disney rain is different than regular rain? I would change my plans at home for a drizzle, but a downpour doesn't bother me there (except the time we walked into Crystal Palace with blue skies and walked out with a drenched stroller, It wasn't supposed to rain!!!).

Did you find the fridges took away any storage space? I think we used every inch of our room, even all the shelves. I am going to love having it, but am worried about the room feeling cramped.
Yikes, never having toured with kids I wouldn't ever think about coming out to a soaked stroller, that sucks!!
The fridges definitely took away a LOT of storage space. We found ourselves hanging clothes and using shelves where normally everything for the two of us fits easily into the 6 drawers. But I'd rather have the fridge, so I'll make use of the hangers and shelves!

Happy Thanksgiving Hon! We had our family dinner yesterday at my sister's as my BIL had to leave this morning for a week in Denver at a conference. It was super yummy!

Love the pictures of your room and the shower.....WOW! I wondered about the walk but heck, you walk everywhere in Disney so what's a little longer walk to your room when that's the scenery yet get to see:thumbsup2
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving meal! I had mine yesterday, a small affair with Johnny, mom and dad. It was also super yummy! ;)
We went there with our minds set on NOT hating the long walk and we mostly accomplished it. A few nights it seemed overly long, but any walk would have when we were that tired. And you're right, the scenery was so lovely that we almost never minded.

AWESOME photos!

That LM room is beyond adorable! Now I want Ariel's grotto in MY shower...leave it to Disney to come up with something that unexpected (at least to me) and imaginative!

Ah, the Florida rain...a necessary evil if you wanna go to WDW!
OMG, I want to paint my shower like Ariel's grotto too!! :rotfl2: Disney is just so amazing with their details, just one more reason why I love it there!

Wow, the LM room looks so cool! I love how discreet the lamp above the bed is, and that shower is designed perfectly! I'm so in love with AoA! I need to show my DH your pictures, because right now it's only feasible to stay in the LM section, but he swears up and down that it's too girly for him. :confused3
Awww, you should put him in contact with my DH! He didn't find it too girly at all! Also, he just wanted a place to shower and sleep, so he probably wouldn't have cared if the walls were pink and the bedspread frilly! :lmao:

How cool that you were able to get a king bed! Such a rare treat in the values!
We were very happy to have it, that's for sure!

Okay, I admit, I'm one of those folks who complain a little about the resort walks. But only because I'm used to the All Star resorts, where everything is literally right next to each other. After staying at Pop, I was a little surprised at how far away our car was from our room. But with AoA, I imagine it couldn't have been too bad, what with all the amazing sights to take in! :goodvibes
I've never been to the All Star resorts, I should take a jaunt over some day. I didn't realize that everything was closer together there! Having only ever stayed at Pop, I guess I was fairly prepared for the walk at AoA, but the sights during the walk definitely made it even better!

Hmm, sorry the Pulled Pork sandwich wasn't fantastic, at least now you know for the future.

Aww, that sucks that rained on your first park day; hopefully it cleared up quickly and you two were able to enjoy Magic Kingdom!
The sandwich was ok, but yeah definitely not fantastic. But I was just proud of myself for trying something new! :rotfl:
The rain did not bother us much, we got a lot done! :thumbsup2

Wow the Little Mermaid room is beautiful! I LOVE that shower! I feel like I'm going to need "Part of Your World" playing in the background when I shower in there, since I can't sing to save my life...I'm gonna have to arrange that somehow! :rotfl2: The food court sounds really good too, I can't wait to stay there!!! :banana:

I've never done the Magic Kingdom on the first day of a trip! I'd like to someday, but it's hard when I'm obsessed with Epcot! :rotfl2:
Oh gracious, I can't sing worth a dime either but since only Johnny (who's heard it before) and possibly some random strangers (who wouldn't know which guest was doing the caterwauling) I just let it all out. Had a blast. :p
I usually do Epcot, this trip we saved Epcot for last :-)scared1: Horror of horrors!) and it was like a huge relief when we finally saw SE!

Happy Thanksgiving! :grouphug:

My parents are in Orlando as I write this, and will be until Thursday. Today they went to USO/City Walk, where they will also go tomorrow. On Wednesday though, they are going to AoA, in a Little Mermaid room! :cheer2: I'm so excited for them now that I've seen your room photos! I think they'll enjoy the resort, even if they're just there overnight. I'll tell them to be cautious of the pulled pork, lol, but that the pizza is a safe bet :thumbsup2

That sucks about the rain, but I'm glad you guys weren't scared off because of it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I hope you had a great one! Gosh, your trip is coming up so close which means your wedding is too! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Your parents are in Orlando? How awesome that they get to stay in a LM room! I hope they love it, even if it's just one night!
A little rain can't scare us! :rotfl:

Loving your trip report!Those chocolate muffins are VERY chocolaty. We shared one and loved it but it was very rich. I just love walking down Main st. It's a great way to start off a trip :)
Sharing one of those muffins would have been a good idea, we both only ate half I think. Next time!
They really did so much right in MK, that walk up Main St. just puts you right in the mood to enjoy everything in the park!

:hyper: Good grief!!!! Reading your TR is making me wish I was there RIGHT NOW!!! :goodvibes Thank goodness I only have 12 1/2 days!!! Loving your TR!!!
12 days!! Woo hoo! (well, less now!!) I hope you have a great time!

It has all been said, but what an amazing room. I agree with you- that shower/grotto is just out of this world!!!

Now you have me intrigued to see the resort at night.

Glad you could find something you wanted at the food court. I was blown away by menu pictures MEK posted in her TR. There are really some interesting options.

Putting refrigerators in the value rooms was a really nice addition.

I'm happy to see you decided to brave the rain and head to MK- that is usually our first stop, too. A great start!

Loved your update!:thumbsup2

The LM rooms are adorable!! Glad you got your king bed request!

Aww...there is nothing better than walking down Main Street.:lovestruc

Sorry it was raining though...at least you were determined to make the best of things.:goodvibes (hope it cleared up quickly!)

I can't believe how adorable the whole resort and LM rooms are:goodvibes I love the inside of the shower and wish I could have that at my house.

I was surprised at all the different options at AOA food court. I was expecting it to be more like Pop. Since we are pretty boring eaters I think I would stick with the make your own pasta or something. I'm always afraid of trying something new and hating it. I do think if we had a long stay at AOA we would end up at Pop's food court half the time, I love that food court.

OMG look at that room *swoon* I'm in love!!!!!
Oh I was too! Love at first sight!

It has all been said, but what an amazing room. I agree with you- that shower/grotto is just out of this world!!!

Now you have me intrigued to see the resort at night.
I had seen some pictures on the net before I left, but seeing it in person was awesome, and the shower was just too cute.
The resort at night was so pretty, Disney really thought of everything for every time of the day!

Glad you could find something you wanted at the food court. I was blown away by menu pictures MEK posted in her TR. There are really some interesting options.
For a more adventurous eater, the place is really cool. For a scaredy cat/picky eater like myself and Johnny, it was fun to look at and there were still some really simple options. :thumbsup2 They did well imo!

Putting refrigerators in the value rooms was a really nice addition.

I'm happy to see you decided to brave the rain and head to MK- that is usually our first stop, too. A great start!
I loved having a fridge, it was nice to wake up in the morning and have cold water or some small breakfast things like apples or such!
We are always much more willing to put up with things like rain at the beginning of our trip when we're dying to get to a park! :rotfl:

Loved your update!:thumbsup2

The LM rooms are adorable!! Glad you got your king bed request!

Aww...there is nothing better than walking down Main Street.:lovestruc

Sorry it was raining though...at least you were determined to make the best of things.:goodvibes (hope it cleared up quickly!)
When I first saw the room it didn't even register that we got our King bed, so when it sunk in I did a little happy dance! :cool1:
Walking down Main St., as it turns out, is the perfect way to start a vacation! Even if it is in the rain!

I can't believe how adorable the whole resort and LM rooms are:goodvibes I love the inside of the shower and wish I could have that at my house.

I was surprised at all the different options at AOA food court. I was expecting it to be more like Pop. Since we are pretty boring eaters I think I would stick with the make your own pasta or something. I'm always afraid of trying something new and hating it. I do think if we had a long stay at AOA we would end up at Pop's food court half the time, I love that food court.
Omg I want that Little Mermaid shower at my house too! :rotfl2: Johnny told me if I can paint it, we can do it when we renovate our basement!
We're pretty boring eaters too, but we knew there were enough options at AoA to keep us happy, we rarely eat at the resort anyway.
But I also love Pop's food court!

Am I still fashionably late?

I can't get over the lobby of AoA. Amazing!!!
You're not late at all! I only just got to the first park ;)
The lobby of AoA is the perfect way to start a Disney vacation. Big, bright, colourful and full of Disney characters!

Hi again everyone! How's things?

It's a lovely blistery fall day here today. Leaves are turning bright colours and the wind today knocked most of them down. I've got the horses tucked inside and most of the barn doors closed for the first time since early spring! The cat is in the house and the dogs are content asleep on their beds. I love fall. :lovestruc

We left off last walking down a rainy Main St. Before we start, this whole evening I was armed with my little point and shoot camera and it was raining. That means? Blurry photos! YAY! :lmao: :rolleyes2 :crazy2:

Sunday, September 16
"Just a Little Bit of Pixie Dust"

We made a plan this Magic Kingdom day. We planned to completely finish Tomorrowland. 1 - because we knew our time in MK might be limited and we wanted to make the most of this evening and 2 - because most Tomorrowland attractions are indoors, away from the rain!

We headed in that direction. Can you guess what our first stop was?

8076823629_bcb49e72d9_c.jpg

8076814734_1faaefc7b4_c.jpg

My man has a small bladder. Also he loves to drink liquids. It's not a great combination.

Whew! After the bio break, we headed to an old favourite:

8076810810_d1440523d3_c.jpg

Oh dear. That's blurry. Try again?

8076813766_897fe9899c_c.jpg

Oh. Never mind. Apparently it wasn't my night for photography!

It was a 25 minute wait but we didn't mind. It was so early in our trip that our good moods could not be diminished!

We were behind a mother and her very tiny daughter in the line. The little girl was so adorable, she kept us entertained. At one point she picked something up off the floor and gave it to her mom. I didn't think much of it, but the mother turned to us and said;

"Hey, would you guys like these? We won't use them!"

I looked and saw four fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

"They're almost up," she said "but you might get there in time!"

I looked closer, indeed we had only 20 minutes until the return time closed and we were only 3/4 of the way through the Buzz line. We thanked her very much and said we would try to make it!

We hopped on Buzz feeling a little buzz of excitement ourselves. Surprise fastpasses! Sweet! Some Disney pixie dust already! pixiedust:

We had a very fun ride with Johnny kicking my bottom, as usual.

My score:
8076820617_a92d230801_c.jpg

Johnny's score:
8076811822_fef3f331a0_c.jpg

We hopped off Buzz and looked at each other, making a split second decision. We had 10 minutes and an entire park to cross. We were going to give it a try! Fastpasses in hand, we got ready to make a break for it.

8076797210_f5d3c9247f_c.jpg

We walked out the door and stopped dead. Now there was something we didn't think about that could significantly slow us down --

The POURING RAIN!

:scared1:

Cont. in next post!

Without stopping to take a single picture, raindrops the size of golf balls falling on our heads, weaving around thousands of tourists stopping in their tracks to don their ponchos, and slipping around in soaking wet sandals, we rushed as fast as we could to Frontierland. We made it with two minutes to spare and jumped in the fastpass line before anyone could double check their watches!!

We had almost no wait at all and before we knew it we were in view of the trains!

8076817461_eb9a112b4b_c.jpg

Here comes our train! Wish it were a little more dry... :rolleyes2

8076816305_3b187d9501_c.jpg

So this is where I decided that since I had only my little crappy camera, I would just take random shots while on the coaster and see what it got me. I didn't even delete the bad ones. I laughed my head off during the entire ride and these bad but silly pictures make me very happy remembering this.

Ready?

8076815061_dd1949597d_c.jpg

Here we go!!

8076814027_4b918e1e8b_c.jpg

8076805250_9d7c8679a5_c.jpg

8076900944_3f9b5d7959_c.jpg

8076811021_a08f9845c4_c.jpg

8076801528_a9d2439f1e_c.jpg

8076808141_8d5b78bae9_c.jpg

8076807021_303e324ff8_c.jpg

(My favourite!)

8076805961_1ddfa44113_c.jpg

WOOOHOO!

I can honestly say that despite the rain, it was the most fun we've ever had on BTMRR. We laughed ourselves silly!

So with the rain still coming down and our plan to attack Tomorrowland gone out the window, what would we do next??

Stay tuned to find out!

My DH always kicks my butt in Buzz as well. I am so bad at that game!

I can't believe you guys made it to BTMRR! I probably would have been like, um nevermind. It is my favorite attraction though. :flower3:

Sounds great so far... can't wait to hear more! Bummer about the rain, but BTMR looked like so much fun! :goodvibes

Ugh I'm so terrible at Buzz! I really don't know how people do good! :confused3

Yay for the surprise FP's! :cool1: Don't you love when that happens? Sounds like an amazing time on BTMRR, even with the rain!

Way to haul it over to Frontierland in record time, in the rain! On the bright side, at least it wasn't pouring when you were riding BTMRR! :rotfl:

Score on the FPs! That is some great pixie dust on your first day. Love it!:thumbsup2 And your random pictures turned out great. I loved seeing pictures from BTMMR. It really is one of my favs and makes me last every time!

Loving your report!! My husband and I are Disney freaks too! I am counting down the days till our 10-year anniversary trip for new years!!! Art of animation looks gorgeous, LOVE that shower!!

Loved the update!

I was so sad that BTMRR was being refurbed while we were there in March (thankfully it wasn't Splash)... So, it was great seeing some pictures of it.

We were trying to decide between March 2013 and October 2013 for our next trip, then when I heard that Splash is being refurbed (I've heard a few date combos) Feb 1 - Mar 19, Disney made the decision for me to swtich to October for sure... Which means that BTMRR will probably be refurbed during that time, because it seems to be in refurb status when ever we go - it's only been open during one of our trips.

D~ <--- Who is still drooling over your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter