We Got No Troubles; Life Is The Bubbles! 04/18 - Complete!

So sad your TR is over but yay for a new PTR soon! :cool1:

Love your souvenirs! I always buy Disney kitchen stuff on trips, and ornaments too, it's an obsession!

I loved your review of AoA! I only stayed there that one night but I really liked it, however, this might sound strange, but I think I prefer Pop! If I was going to do one or two nights in a value, I would do AoA but if I was going to do a whole trip, I'd definitely pick Pop, and get a preferred room! The distance from the LM rooms to the main area is just too far!

I was ready to plan our Oct. 2015 trip until we decided on one for this year! Now I've already got my first three PTR posts written and saved for when I finish this one!
It's a sickness! :rotfl:

Yes it is a sickness...::yes:: and I think all of us on the Dis have it...:rotfl2:

I think that that "glitch" before Illuminations would have been unnerving... but a lot of people might not have noticed it as much as you since they may not be as familiar with the flow of the show...:thumbsup2

Wow... you guys really had to get up early for your departure... I'd have been slap happy and chugging the coffee down... How long is your actual flight?

Your kettle and towels really look great in your kitchen...:goodvibes I've seen a couple of other kitchens with red cabinets and I think that it's really attractive and cheery... and in your case very Disney ;)

I'm coveting that retro Magic Kingdom mug... I hope that's still around this summer... & the Jurrasic Park mug as well... Ahhh love me some Jurrasic Park... nothing like a good Dino going after people to keep you entertained... not to mention Jeff Goldblum's awesome one liners (especially in the original)...

:grouphug: for your good wishes to Boston ... I'm still processing the whole thing but it's such a senseless, awful tragedy... I spent a lot of time back and forth there years ago for work as has DH and I'm particular fond of the City... it's really a great place with great people... It's so incredibly wretched but the people of Boston are a tough, spirited group and not only will they get through this (with the support of the nation and its friends) but they won't be bullied into staying in their homes fearful... so whatever whoever did this intended the consequences to be... they won't get what they want...:sad2:

Love, love, love your recap of Art of Animation! We also stayed in a Little Mermaid room and I didn't find the walk that bad (and that was with an 8 year old and 3 year old). Unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the pool since it was chilly the week we were there (great for touring the parks though;))

Looking forward to your PTR now since we'll be traveling the same time. :cool1:

The teapot, and the two dish towels. I said on OrangeJuice's new PTR that I know I'm a Disney lover because I made my kitchen to match Mickey. White walls, red cupboards, black counter top. taa daa! Johnny and I saw that teapot online and basically needed it. It was sold out online! So we made it our mission to get it in the park and we bought it our first day. It's adorable, it sounds like a steamboat when the whistle goes off.

How cool - I have the exact same colours in my kitchen too :cool1: except my cupboards are white and the walls are red

I got the dish towels as well when I last went in 2010 - desperately wanted the teapot as well but it was going to be too much to put in my luggage all the back to New Zealand (not that I thought so - but my travelling companions did:confused3)

Thanks for the AoA review, we are staying in a Little Mermaid room for a couple of nights in December so this was super useful
I've really enjoyed your TR and am sad to see it come to an end :(

Love your souvies - especially the tea pot. that is just SO cute!!!!!! Love how your kitchen is all white and red and black. Awesome!

Thanks for the wonderful AoA review. I really want to stay in the LM room. I don't care about the walk. I just have to stay there and swim in those pools. Salt water filtration? Interesting. I need poolrat Pat to comment on that. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Can't wait to hear what you finally decide on for your next stay. I love Pop, too.

I really enjoyed your TR. I know I probably missed some updates while away, so I'll have to check back but am trying to get quickly caught up on TRs.

Wendy- thanks so much for your thoughts and kind words for the people of Boston and for sharing the story of the bond between Boston and Halifax. As I'm sure you know, every year Halifax sends thanks to Boston, along with a huge beautiful Christmas tree, which is displayed at the Prudential Center, less than a mile away from the marathon finish line.
I did know that. It's in the newspaper every year announcing which tree farm the special tree came from. It's quite an honour. :goodvibes

It truly is a small world, and although I haven't heard that anyone I know personally has been injured, I just learned on Facebook that one of my friends went to school with the father of the young boy who was killed.
How incredibly awful. My heart really breaks for that man.

The only comfort from something like this is remembering that there is far more light in the world than darkness.
It's true, and sometimes hard to remember. I like that Mr. Rogers quote about looking for the helpers, that makes it easier to cope with tragedy.

I enjoyed your wrap up and very thorough review of AoA. It really looks like a wonderful place to stay and immerse yourself in Disney surrounds. If my heart was not totally committed to another resort, I would be seriously considering a stay here.
You!? Committed to another resort? I wouldn't have known! :rotfl:

Art of Animation looks amazing but I think that if it wasn't for the pool I would still pick POP over it. I really liked our preferred rooms at pop for our honeymoon. That being said, I might change my mind once we try AoA. Thanks for the review :)
I would probably pick Pop preferred too, but that pool at AoA is really cool too!

So sad your TR is over but yay for a new PTR soon! :cool1:
I can't wait to start the new one!

Love your souvenirs! I always buy Disney kitchen stuff on trips, and ornaments too, it's an obsession!
Hahaha glad to know I'm not alone! I smile every time I use my whisk or spatula. :thumbsup2

I loved your review of AoA! I only stayed there that one night but I really liked it, however, this might sound strange, but I think I prefer Pop! If I was going to do one or two nights in a value, I would do AoA but if I was going to do a whole trip, I'd definitely pick Pop, and get a preferred room! The distance from the LM rooms to the main area is just too far!
I think I would also pick Pop preferred. I loved AoA but it was a bit of distance. I didn't mind it most times, but when I was coming back really tired... it wasn't fun!

Yes it is a sickness...::yes:: and I think all of us on the Dis have it...:rotfl2:
True! That's why we all gather together.

I think that that "glitch" before Illuminations would have been unnerving... but a lot of people might not have noticed it as much as you since they may not be as familiar with the flow of the show...:thumbsup2
I've seen fireworks catch like that before around here one time when a local fireworks display went a little wrong. Most people thought the fireball was really cool. :rotfl:

Wow... you guys really had to get up early for your departure... I'd have been slap happy and chugging the coffee down... How long is your actual flight?
So, so early. We left Florida at 8:00am, got home at 6:30pm (our time, 7:30 Fl. time) so 12.5 hours travel time. That's three flights though, Florida to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax, Halifax to Sydney. :sick:

Your kettle and towels really look great in your kitchen...:goodvibes I've seen a couple of other kitchens with red cabinets and I think that it's really attractive and cheery... and in your case very Disney ;)
Thanks! I do love my red Disney cupboards! :lmao:

I'm coveting that retro Magic Kingdom mug... I hope that's still around this summer... & the Jurrasic Park mug as well... Ahhh love me some Jurrasic Park... nothing like a good Dino going after people to keep you entertained... not to mention Jeff Goldblum's awesome one liners (especially in the original)...
I didn't see the MK mug around everywhere. I got it at The Art of Disney store in DTD...

:grouphug: for your good wishes to Boston ... I'm still processing the whole thing but it's such a senseless, awful tragedy... I spent a lot of time back and forth there years ago for work as has DH and I'm particular fond of the City... it's really a great place with great people... It's so incredibly wretched but the people of Boston are a tough, spirited group and not only will they get through this (with the support of the nation and its friends) but they won't be bullied into staying in their homes fearful... so whatever whoever did this intended the consequences to be... they won't get what they want...:sad2:
It's absolutely horrific. I couldn't concentrate yesterday at work, I just kept refreshing CNN. Hopefully everyone can heal themselves and their families.

Love, love, love your recap of Art of Animation! We also stayed in a Little Mermaid room and I didn't find the walk that bad (and that was with an 8 year old and 3 year old). Unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the pool since it was chilly the week we were there (great for touring the parks though;))

Looking forward to your PTR now since we'll be traveling the same time. :cool1:
Too bad you didn't get to try the pool, it's so fun! Are you writing a PTR? I'd like to follow along :goodvibes

How cool - I have the exact same colours in my kitchen too :cool1: except my cupboards are white and the walls are red

I got the dish towels as well when I last went in 2010 - desperately wanted the teapot as well but it was going to be too much to put in my luggage all the back to New Zealand (not that I thought so - but my travelling companions did:confused3)
I love my teapot! You can sometimes get it online, I don't know what shipping would be to New Zealand though! hehehe

Thanks for the AoA review, we are staying in a Little Mermaid room for a couple of nights in December so this was super useful
I've really enjoyed your TR and am sad to see it come to an end :(
I think you'll enjoy your LM room at AoA, we sure did. It's a beautiful resort!

Love your souvies - especially the tea pot. that is just SO cute!!!!!! Love how your kitchen is all white and red and black. Awesome!
I love my little kitchen! Hehehe all my Mickey Mouse things make me smile. :goodvibes

Thanks for the wonderful AoA review. I really want to stay in the LM room. I don't care about the walk. I just have to stay there and swim in those pools. Salt water filtration? Interesting. I need poolrat Pat to comment on that. I didn't know there was such a thing.
We didn't mind the walk most of the time, some times it was certainly a pain though! The salt water filtration is lovely, no harsh chlorine on your skin!

Can't wait to hear what you finally decide on for your next stay. I love Pop, too.
;)

I really enjoyed your TR. I know I probably missed some updates while away, so I'll have to check back but am trying to get quickly caught up on TRs.
I rushed through the end a little in an effort to more quickly start my PTR~! :rotfl: I'm almost there!

Well folks, I am ready to wrap this one up. It was a fantastic trip and both Johnny and I said afterward that it might just be our most magical yet. We had lots of pixie dust, good luck, great experiences, and lots of firsts.

Thank you all so much for hanging around here with me and following along. You all made this so much fun to relive.

Now I hope you might be inclined to join me in my brand new shiny PTR;

"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?"

It will be a story unlike any of my previous ones.

Hope to see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter