We Got No Troubles; Life Is The Bubbles! 04/18 - Complete!

Joining in, that resort looks amazing! Keep up all the great pictures! 2 people with seven cameras thats a bit extreme don't you think? Do you have an extra hand!:rotfl:

Totally stalking your TR for your room pics! ;)

I went to the website and put in a quote for AoA - solely because of your pictures thus far... I dunno??? It's a beautiful resort, but I am not sure I can justify the price of a suite (because I would definately want the Cars section) for just the 3 of us? Especially since we fit in a "regular" room just fine, and for the price of a suite, we can easily stay Deluxe...

So, I guess, I am waiting for you to really 'sell' me on it. ;) LOL

D~
Well I won't be selling you on a suite, they're too expensive (and big!) for me too. I'd have to be going with a group of 6 to justify the suites! Our Little Mermaid room was nice though, barely more than a Pop Century room and with the added bonus of being on the new resort!

Joining in, that resort looks amazing! Keep up all the great pictures! 2 people with seven cameras thats a bit extreme don't you think? Do you have an extra hand!:rotfl:
Haha I need an extra hand, that's for sure! 7 cameras sounds extreme until I justify each one (an SLR for each, a water proof, a point and shoot each, a phone each, etc.) We love our pictures and need a camera for each job! :rotfl:

To all my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

thanksgiving.jpg

I hope you find yourselves with lots to be thankful for, I know I'm feeling extra thankful this weekend.

We left off just a mere 5 days ago, just swiping the key and opening the door to the Little Mermaid room.

So? What did we see?

Sunday September 16, 2012
"A Part of This World"

8059119098_666b303971_c.jpg

Well first off, we got our King bed request!! :cool1:

I "AWWW!"'d out loud when we opened the door. How adorable is this room? I was in love with the headboard and reading light, the framed picture of Eric was so nice, the carpet was too cool.

Flounder and Sebastian were on the wall:
8059142556_28d6c4b626_c.jpg

(Crappy phone pic!)

A Mickey was waiting for us:
8059118650_9191589386_c.jpg

So happy to have fridges in all the value resorts now:
8059120743_e696738a3c_c.jpg

I wandered into the bathroom and found my favourite part of the room:
8059120385_486083dcc0_c.jpg

8059119867_4795c81851_c.jpg

The shower is Ariel's grotto! How adorable!

8059109179_ed131255e8_c.jpg

Didn't know they had the H2O+ stuff in the resorts now. Cool!

I was itching (almost literally) to get in the shower so I put my camera away and dug into my carry on. Got out some essentials and a change of clothes and I was off to the grotto! I may have sang Part of Your World in there a little. :p

When I was finished we decided to head down to get something to eat and then head out to a park!

So, what did we think of the resort and room?

*Resort Review Alert!*

First Impressions:
The resort is laid out almost exactly like Pop Century, so it certainly wasn't hard to find our way around. The themeing was excellent. A lot of people were concerned about the long walk from the Little Mermaid rooms to the busses and main building, but we found the walk not too long and so pleasant that it went by even more quickly.
Some things have changed since our last Disney stay including fridges in all value resorts -- we thought that was great, but can't deny, we missed those three extra drawers it took up. We had to hang a lot of our clothes and there weren't enough hangers. So next time, we ask for more hangers and all will be well. Also free wifi -- I thought that was great. We could use our phones (since data roaming in the States is wayyy too costly for us!) and my iPad, many people found the wifi service bad but I personally found it very good. It was a little annoying to have to agree to their policies every time I opened something on the net, but other than that, great service.
Our room was simple, but enough for our needs.
Also something I noted was that they did a good job trying to "gender neutralize" the room. Knowing that it's a Little Mermaid room sounds pretty girly, but the walls were blue, lots of Prince Eric, Triton and Ursula. Minimal Ariel.
I'll have a more in depth review of the place at the end of the report, but that was my initial impression of the room.

Continued in next post!

We grabbed our little point and shoot cameras and were on our way. We weaved back through the Little Mermaid section, stopping for a few quick pics:
8059116257_1647d95fe9_c.jpg

8059115439_2998ec8ab9_c.jpg

8059111814_c3f9f0d375_c.jpg

8059111158_7461a6e0c8_c.jpg

8059113249_462f8ec17d_c.jpg

We got to Landscape of Flavors and we were very hungry. I was dying to try out something new on their very interesting menu, but as always, I chickened out. Everything looked so scary! :lmao:

The sandwich selections did look really yummy...
8059109634_5f4cbc0888_c.jpg

Johnny headed for his absolute favourite Disney food and I ventured a toe out of my comfort zone. So what did we both end up with?

8059108758_ff2d3c180a_c.jpg

Pizza and Cesar salad for Johnny (seriously, he loves Disney pizza) and pulled pork sandwich and home made chips for me. We both had the chocolate muffins.

*Dining Review Alert!*

Johnny said his pizza was good, as usual. My sandwich was ok. I thought the meat was a tiny bit dry (which could be a good thing too as it was less messy). I have a BBQ pulled pork recipe home that I couldn't help comparing to, and came out thinking mine is much better (ahh. The problems with being a good cook! :lmao:) The pork was well cooked and there was no fat or nasty bits of meat (which I'm very picky about) but the flavour itself was a bit bland, just plain BBQ sauce. It also seemed as though the sauce didn't seep all the way through the meat as sometimes it tasted very porky. Is that the right word? Dining reviews aren't my forte here! :lmao: I wish the bun had been toasted too. It was ok and it filled a hole in my tummy. I would eat it again if in the mood for something different on a sandwich. I'd rate it a 3/5. The muffins we both agreed on -- too much chocolate! :rotfl: They were hard to finish because they were so very rich. They were extremely yummy though.

After scarfing down our food we skipped to the bus stop. It was roughly 3pm and we were already headed to our first park! We were full, we were happy and we were raring to go.

8059110425_7736c2d731_c.jpg

Oh... well that could dampen our spirits a little. The rain was pouring down in sheets.

We decided to go anyway. It was hot out, Florida rain never lasts for very long and we wanted to see a park! So where did we go?

I heard once that if you're going with a first timer, you should always make Magic Kingdom your last park to visit, because after seeing the castle, nothing really measures up. But what if you've been there a few times?

8059116220_d2372a7752_c.jpg

Why, you do Magic Kingdom first!

My self painted manicure:
8059115726_8670cc4771_c.jpg

See? All ready for Mickey!

8059115124_d9050835c9_c.jpg

Hmmmm... is that blue sky coming or going?

We didn't wait more than 2 minutes for a bus. We were on and seated in no time!

8059126133_f132386422_c.jpg

We got there very quickly. We were so excited, so very happy to be heading to a Disney park and we leaped off this bus as soon as it stopped. No more waiting at the back of the bus for us!!

8059122732_3a4b7546d8_c.jpg

What a glorious, magical sight! We were there! We were really, really there!

8059123633_93ac79497e_c.jpg

Castle = glorious.
All those ponchos = less than glorious.

But we were determined to make the best of it! We decided to try to get Tomorrowland done tonight, so we headed in that direction.

Up next: A monkey wrench in our plans and the magical evening at the Kingdom!

Wow - OK - I seriously love that room. Yeah - its a little girly, but it IS the little mermaid. doh! How awesome that you got a king bed. A king bed in Disney is definitely a treat.

I love the bathroom. Hmmmm - the grotto might be a tad claustrophobic, but is very cool. The shower curtain is adorable.

The pool looks great. I'm sure the walk was nothing. Why do people always complain about resort walks (she says after just complaining about the walk to the BW parking lot - NOT the same thing :rotfl:)?

I do think you need to get more adventurous with your food choices. :rotfl: They did have an amazing menu there.

Can't wait to see the Halloween decorations. Yeah for the MK!

All caught up on your TR! We loved the wireless too...especially since we had NO phone service whatsoever, which we found annoying. We had to turn our phones on airplane mode when we were in our rooms!

Ah! Your reaction to the bathroom/shower was the exact same as ours! I'm pretty sure Paige and I both jumped in the tub and started singing! HA! We also agreed that on the ceiling above the shower, there should be the top of her grotto, with the little hole of light at the top. Haha.

Boourns to the rain, but I do agree that it passes pretty quickly in Disney, it's the same as Alberta, a monsoon will come out of nowhere, and be gone in 10 minutes haha. That, and after living in Vancouver for a bit, a little rain down in Florida is nothing haha!!

We were definitely at MK while you guys were there! As if! :thumbsup2 I'm excited to read more!!

I am loving your report. I just love little Mermaid room and can't wait to be there next year:cool1: Thanks for a great report

Oh Wow, that shower is so cool! Thanks for the great update and photos.

Happy Thanksgiving to you from Alberta!:wave2:
Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canadian! ;) I hope you have a great weekend!

Wow - OK - I seriously love that room. Yeah - its a little girly, but it IS the little mermaid. doh! How awesome that you got a king bed. A king bed in Disney is definitely a treat.
I was pretty happy about the king bed, but seriously, anything in that room would have been fine! I was happy just to get to stay in an Ariel room! :rotfl:

I love the bathroom. Hmmmm - the grotto might be a tad claustrophobic, but is very cool. The shower curtain is adorable.
I am quite claustrophobic and I didn't mind the shower much. Actually I minded it less than my own stand up shower at home which I can barely stand! Something about having the length of the tub negates the narrowness of it.

The pool looks great. I'm sure the walk was nothing. Why do people always complain about resort walks (she says after just complaining about the walk to the BW parking lot - NOT the same thing :rotfl:)?
Hahaha I just read about your walk and it sounded pretty crazy. From what I hear, the moderate and deluxe resorts mostly have wayyyy longer walks to their bus stops, the only thing with a shorter walk really would be a preferred room at Pop Century. :confused3 It was bad at times, but those were the times that we were so tired that any amount of walking would seem like a marathon!

I do think you need to get more adventurous with your food choices. :rotfl: They did have an amazing menu there.
I do, that's for sure. I'm so picky and finicky that I miss out. I always promise myself that next time I'll be more adventurous and then I chicken out. But seriously, if you knew what my parents ate, you'd call me downright brave!

Can't wait to see the Halloween decorations. Yeah for the MK!
Hehehe if you can't wait for the Halloween decor, I've got a little surprise you might like later on! :thumbsup2

All caught up on your TR! We loved the wireless too...especially since we had NO phone service whatsoever, which we found annoying. We had to turn our phones on airplane mode when we were in our rooms!
We also switched to airplane mode, we had no service either (not that we wanted it, too expensive! lol) but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the wireless was fine, most people on the AoA threads thought it was pretty bad! :confused3

Ah! Your reaction to the bathroom/shower was the exact same as ours! I'm pretty sure Paige and I both jumped in the tub and started singing! HA! We also agreed that on the ceiling above the shower, there should be the top of her grotto, with the little hole of light at the top. Haha.
Yes! I totally reverted to a 6 year old version of myself in there. It was a blast. I thought that the ceiling should have looked like the top of the grotto too!

Boourns to the rain, but I do agree that it passes pretty quickly in Disney, it's the same as Alberta, a monsoon will come out of nowhere, and be gone in 10 minutes haha. That, and after living in Vancouver for a bit, a little rain down in Florida is nothing haha!!
Here in Nova Scotia, generally if you wake up to rain, expect it all day or at least for the next 8 hours. :rotfl:

We were definitely at MK while you guys were there! As if! :thumbsup2 I'm excited to read more!!
How cool! We must have crossed paths so many times and never knew it. I'm going to watch for myself in your pictures! :rotfl2:

I am loving your report. I just love little Mermaid room and can't wait to be there next year:cool1: Thanks for a great report
Thanks! :goodvibes Awww I think you'll love your stay there, I know we really did!

Hi...I am joining in!

Love all the pictures! Wow loving the LM room, cool bathroom and bed. Ummmm...may have to try it one day.

Touring the world while it is raining is not really exciting but don't stop us from having fun. Hope you did too?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian!!

I am excited to read more....

Well, I'm FINALLY here, which means that I'm thinking about starting my own TR tonight. You took some amazing shots! (not that I'm at all surprised about this) I was worried about the trek from LM section to the main building when we went over the night of Hoop Dee Doo but I think because it's so full of detail it makes the walk seem much less of a pain in the rear.

Can't wait to see all 5000 of your pictures! :rotfl2:

Well first off, awesome that you got your King Bed request. :cool1:

I'm in love with the room already and all I've seen so far is your one picture!

That shower is amazing! I want it in my house.

That's awesome that they have H2O stuff at all of the resorts now! For the longest time, they only had it at the moderates and deluxes, not at the values. That's great if they've expanded it to all of the resorts.

Your "tasted porky" comment reminds me of my cousin. We ate at restaurant Marrakech years ago, and my Dad ordered the lamb. She's not a fan of lamb, so she wanted to try it. So I asked her "what did you think", and she says "well.....it's lamby!" :rotfl2:

Well I won't be selling you on a suite, they're too expensive (and big!) for me too. I'd have to be going with a group of 6 to justify the suites! Our Little Mermaid room was nice though, barely more than a Pop Century room and with the added bonus of being on the new resort!

I think it would have been nice if there would have been a small mix of each type of room for each resort theme...

OK - so I was anxiously awaiting your TLM room photos - and they did not disappoint...

I LOVE THAT BED!!!! :cheer2: It is so cute!!

And that shower... I love that too!!!!

I love all the colors of the room, and the brightness of it and the resort - it's so awesome! Even if we don't stay there - I am going to have to plan a day to go explore. :thumbsup2

Hmmm... I may have to rethink TLM section... It's adorable!

D~

That room looks AMAZING! I love how Disney thinks of every detail, how could you not love it? I definitely should have made the boys stay there, oh well there's always next time!

Isn't it funny how Disney rain is different than regular rain? I would change my plans at home for a drizzle, but a downpour doesn't bother me there (except the time we walked into Crystal Palace with blue skies and walked out with a drenched stroller, It wasn't supposed to rain!!!).

Did you find the fridges took away any storage space? I think we used every inch of our room, even all the shelves. I am going to love having it, but am worried about the room feeling cramped.

Happy Thanksgiving Hon! We had our family dinner yesterday at my sister's as my BIL had to leave this morning for a week in Denver at a conference. It was super yummy!

Love the pictures of your room and the shower.....WOW! I wondered about the walk but heck, you walk everywhere in Disney so what's a little longer walk to your room when that's the scenery yet get to see:thumbsup2

AWESOME photos!

That LM room is beyond adorable! Now I want Ariel's grotto in MY shower...leave it to Disney to come up with something that unexpected (at least to me) and imaginative!

Ah, the Florida rain...a necessary evil if you wanna go to WDW!

Wow, the LM room looks so cool! I love how discreet the lamp above the bed is, and that shower is designed perfectly! I'm so in love with AoA! I need to show my DH your pictures, because right now it's only feasible to stay in the LM section, but he swears up and down that it's too girly for him. :confused3

How cool that you were able to get a king bed! Such a rare treat in the values!

Okay, I admit, I'm one of those folks who complain a little about the resort walks. But only because I'm used to the All Star resorts, where everything is literally right next to each other. After staying at Pop, I was a little surprised at how far away our car was from our room. But with AoA, I imagine it couldn't have been too bad, what with all the amazing sights to take in! :goodvibes

Hmm, sorry the Pulled Pork sandwich wasn't fantastic, at least now you know for the future.

Aww, that sucks that rained on your first park day; hopefully it cleared up quickly and you two were able to enjoy Magic Kingdom!

Wow the Little Mermaid room is beautiful! I LOVE that shower! I feel like I'm going to need "Part of Your World" playing in the background when I shower in there, since I can't sing to save my life...I'm gonna have to arrange that somehow! :rotfl2: The food court sounds really good too, I can't wait to stay there!!! :banana:

I've never done the Magic Kingdom on the first day of a trip! I'd like to someday, but it's hard when I'm obsessed with Epcot! :rotfl2:

Happy Thanksgiving! :grouphug:

My parents are in Orlando as I write this, and will be until Thursday. Today they went to USO/City Walk, where they will also go tomorrow. On Wednesday though, they are going to AoA, in a Little Mermaid room! :cheer2: I'm so excited for them now that I've seen your room photos! I think they'll enjoy the resort, even if they're just there overnight. I'll tell them to be cautious of the pulled pork, lol, but that the pizza is a safe bet :thumbsup2

That sucks about the rain, but I'm glad you guys weren't scared off because of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter