We broke in the Deluxe Dining Plan...with lots of PICTURES! I finally finished one!!!

Oh and I missed this...after we had breakfast we did some princessy things...like saw Ariel, rode the carousel, you know things like that. We ended up in Liberty Square around 11:30am and wanted a drink so we grabbed a blue powerade (Ty is a Powerade freak), a bottle of Iced Tea, and a Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Of course no pictures. The smoothie was really good...we fought over it until it was gone and the others were as you would expect.

I am going to guess for the three snack credits we used we got $8.00 worth of drinks.

The second stop on our Princess tour was Akershus at 2:20pm for lunch.

mickeys213.jpg

We have had dinner here before so it was not entirely new but the menu had changed a little since we ate there before and we were hoping for some different princesses.

They do not let you check in early here. I believe, and I don not know this for sure, it is just my theory, that they seat in groups...so you have essentially a group reservation. So we got there and checked in and had a minimal wait.

We were taken in to see Belle in the lobby.

mickeys214.jpg

mickeys216.jpg

We were seated just off the main isle right in front of the cold buffet.

mickeys235.jpg

See how enpty it was?!?!?!

Anders was our waiter. He was kinda on the cold side but we were not there for him so it did not really matter to us. We placed our usual drink orders and went for food at the buffet. The kids like the fruit and the cheese and lunch meat type offerings.

mickeys217.jpg

Both of them had the cheese pizza.

mickeys219.jpg

They both dug in and ate it all...I think Tyler had to help Skye finish.

I had the BBQ sandwich with potato salad.

mickeys218.jpg

It was pretty good. I only finished about half of it though. The potato salad was different than what I think of as potato salad but was very good and fresh tasting. The roll was very soft and went well with the meat on it.

Then our community dessert tray was brought.

mickeys225.jpg

It had the Princess Cake, Rice Cream, and a coffee flavored cake. We really liked the Princess Cake all the way around...I liked the Rice Cream...but we were definately disappointed with the change to the coffee flavored one. None of is drink coffee but even outside of out tastes, that seemed like an odd cange to make on a shared dessert tray...coffee is a very distinct flavor and a very specific one too.

So while we were eating, just about when we were done at the cold bar...which is another reason I thing the schedule ADRs in a group...so they can seat the tables and then allow enough time for those people to get to the cold bar and be seated before the princess start rounding...it all just seems to work out so perfectly to not be intentional.

First was Ariel...the whole reason for being! The only reason she was not dressed like Ariel was because I was not springing for an Ariel dress in The World and the fishy one she had did not seem too practical for all day wear. And her Jasmine one was so pretty!

mickeys223.jpg

mickeys224.jpg

Then we saw Aurora.

mickeys227.jpg

mickeys230.jpg

Then Jasmine...she was very excited to she her Mini-Me...

mickeys233.jpg

mickeys234.jpg

And then Cinderella...

mickeys236.jpg

mickeys237.jpg

mickeys238.jpg

They were all very nice and talked up a storm with Skye about being a princess. They had plenty of time because it was still pretty empty...in fact, they were taking walk-ups.

mickeys239.jpg

That is the end of our meal. It really was that slow. We were there for about an hour. Our bill was $56.42 but only three credits for us.

We have so far done dinner and lunch here. Breakfast seems like a lot of money for what you get but I am sure we will make it there some day. We have liked everything we have eaten there and the first time we were even told that is an adult did not find anything to there their liking they could make a kid's meal into an adult's meal for them. Even Lou did not need that. There is an abundance of princessed here and they seem to come around more that once usually. We really like it here and we are your average American family, some picky and some not so I think if we can appreciate the food here, anyone should be able to.

Try it...you might be surprised!

Great reviews! One question: what's in princess cake?

Tyler is a great sport! I have two DDs and I'm not sure my older one (DD12) would be smiling as much as Tyler after a day like that! :rotfl:

Loving the reviews so far. Can't wait for more.

How's that!

Sherry-Great updates!!!!! Love the face paint!!!!!! I had to do the multiple eyed Jack to my son for Halloween this past year, 3 times for 3 different parties!!!:upsidedow It looks awesome on Tyler!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews!
Kim
momofdbsdca

WOW...that sounds like a lot of work! Tyler loves the attention it brings him!

Great reviews! One question: what's in princess cake?

Tyler is a great sport! I have two DDs and I'm not sure my older one (DD12) would be smiling as much as Tyler after a day like that! :rotfl:

Oh, don't let him fool you...he loves every minute of it! When he was about three Snow White left a big red lip print on his forehead and she was his new girlfriend. I have an awesone picture of him with Aurora a couple of years ago in mid kiss...it is adorable. And when I was trying to print it for an autograph book I accidentally made it 8x10 and he turned about six shades of red. As BOY as that boy is, he definately likes girls! And I think even as sporty as he is, he would secretly love to be in a musical some day...I'm just sayin'!

This is my first post to the DIS forums but I wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your dining reviews! We are planning our Disney trip for May and this is our first time doing the dining plan (only our second time at DW). I am LOVING your reviews! They are very helpful and I love the pics! I hope to read more before our trip, although I have to make all my AR on Sunday for the 90 day window! I may have to make some changes later!

Grat posts - breakfast at Ohana looks great. Can't wait to try that one.

Your kids are just so adorable! That little one in the chair getting her BBB treatment is just so cute! That is really funny about dipping the pasta....my nieces are the same way, do not put sauce on stuff, we ordered them pasta at the CR CS and I didnt know it was Italian Little Ears (orichette) and they kids didnt want to eat it, until I told them how cool it was to dip it into the pasta like chips and salsa...then they were all for it! The couldnt believe I let them eat with their hands that night...anything to avoid a meltdown!

That is wild about the Princess Lunch, I would have thought it would be packed! I know breakfast sure was!

This is my first post to the DIS forums but I wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your dining reviews! We are planning our Disney trip for May and this is our first time doing the dining plan (only our second time at DW). I am LOVING your reviews! They are very helpful and I love the pics! I hope to read more before our trip, although I have to make all my AR on Sunday for the 90 day window! I may have to make some changes later!

Glad to help! I love the reports with lots of pictures because someone can describe things in their words but to see it may make you think another way! If you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

Grat posts - breakfast at Ohana looks great. Can't wait to try that one.

It really was. I mean, it wasn't a huge buffet but it was fresh and just enough choices for all of us!

Your kids are just so adorable! That little one in the chair getting her BBB treatment is just so cute! That is really funny about dipping the pasta....my nieces are the same way, do not put sauce on stuff, we ordered them pasta at the CR CS and I didnt know it was Italian Little Ears (orichette) and they kids didnt want to eat it, until I told them how cool it was to dip it into the pasta like chips and salsa...then they were all for it! The couldnt believe I let them eat with their hands that night...anything to avoid a meltdown!

That is wild about the Princess Lunch, I would have thought it would be packed! I know breakfast sure was!

Thank You! She is just so girly but at the same time can haul off and slug her brother...or start rocking out with her biker jacket on banging her head to her daddy's AC/DC or something like that! We try to tell her that heavy metal and ballet really do not mix but she doesn't care! She's really funny!

My kids have not found a noodle they will not eat...it is the sauce they have a problem with usually...I think it is more of a power struggle to tell you the truth! Hey, it's vacation, if eating with one's hands is part of keeping it fun, no harm done.

Ya, you could not tell that it would be so empty in there from looking outside the place but I think that has todo with seating a group at a time basically.

But that whole January trip was pretty great crowd wise. I mean we had to deal with some cold weather initially but crowds were great. We used to like Thanksgiving thru the first week in December but after our last trip at that time (you'll have to tune in for that one) I may have changed my mind...crowds were crazy for all of the 14 nights we were there except the first three (we arrived the Thursday before Thanksgiving). the crowds were crazy last year!

First and foremost...

Happy Valentine's Day!

...to everyone!

After a hike in the rain half way through Epcot sheltering Skye's new "Mint-Mint (that's Figment fr those of you that don't speak cutie pie) under the stroller's rain coat, we arrived at the Grand Floridian again! We had 8pm ADRs for dinner with the royal family. We had not had dinner her before...but as you have already heard, we have had breakfast a lot of times and after the change in line up was announced, I just knew we had to go! We were a little wet but we were prepared fr it so it was mostly our feet. We arrived about five minutes early and did not wait too long...but there was a small wait. It seems that everyone wants to check in early when it is raining outside! We were seated in the main dining room along the wall in a half booth. I do not have our actual receipt so I do not know out cost, our waiter, or what time we left on this one.

Here are some plates...

mickeys252.jpg

Skye's cucumbers, pasta, and bread.

mickeys253.jpg

My strawberry soup.

mickeys254.jpg

Some salmon and rice dish (I don't know what it was).

mickeys255.jpg

A dessert plate for Skye and me...Tyler usually got his own plate of cookies but Skye usually was game to try most of the desserts even if she did not want to eat the whole thing so she just shared with me unless there was something she really liked.

The kids had the usual selection and it was fine for them...they ate and it was good. For me, it was ok. I mean we usually find dinner buffets to be a bit not our tastes and we were tired and it was really crowded in there. So, maybe there were contributng factors to it's ok-ness. The selections were neat if not a bit odd. I mean I liked all the different types of cuisine but is was a bit weird getting them all from the same place. Nothing other than the strawberry soup and the desserts stood out to me. That being said, I would go back...particularly when on the dining plan...especially the deluxe dining plan. The food was simply ok but the characters were wonderful. Skye was more excited about seeing Anastasia that Cinderella...and that was before she had seen Cindy at lunch. She loves Anastasia from the movies after the original Cinderella. The step family was great and in character. And then after Anastasia, Prince Charming was the next one she was excited for and he was perfect.

mickeys268.jpg

mickeys267.jpg

mickeys262.jpg

mickeys270.jpg

mickeys261.jpg

mickeys265.jpg

mickeys264.jpg

mickeys269.jpg

mickeys257.jpg

And this is Skye's Step Sister face...

mickeys271.jpg

So I believe our bill would have been about $65.00 but cost only three meal credits. I don't know how long we were there but I do know it was not that long because we were tired.

This was a fun meal even if the food was just ok. We will return.

This was a water park day so we slept in a little, we needed it by this point, and headed for our 10am ARD at Cape May Cafe. We had never been here before but we wanted something outside a park and that we had not done already. So we chose Cape May. We checked in early, I believe, and were seated right away. It was pretty empty there. We were seated close to the buffet in the first area you walk into.

mickeys277.jpg

mickeys281.jpg

We had our usual breakfast drinks and then hit the buffet. It was great. There were some different options and the usual. I really liked the yogurt bar set up. It is basically a big square in the center of the room. Everything was still full and hot. Tyler had Mickey waffles, cinnamon rolls, and hard boiled egg whites (he does not eat the yellow parts?!?!?!).

mickeys278.jpg

I had yogurt...

mickeys280.jpg

and this is one of my other plates...

mickeys279.jpg

It had breakfast potatoes, asparagus, breakfast pizza, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, and an egg casserole of some sort.

And here is a dessert type plate...

mickeys287.jpg

Looks like a piece of blueberry bread, a chocolate chip muffin, and some other item I cannot place.

I do not have Skye's plates but I am sure she had more of the same. It was all very good. We really loved it. We saw Goofy...

mickeys283.jpg

Minnie...

mickeys284.jpg

And Chip...

mickeys285.jpg

It was weird not seeing two chipmunks but they were all fun and actually sat down with us and colored on the table paper with the kids...

mickeys288.jpg

We all had a fun time and were full of good food. We were there for about an hour. Our waitress was Holly and she was good...not around too much but was around enough. Our bill would have been $43.64 but was three credits. We left a $5.00 tip and were on our way to our first experience with Typhoon Lagoon!

Great fun, good food...GO!

We were going to head to Planet Hollywood to use our $15.00 coupon we had but the kids just wanted plain old Mc Donalds so I figured I'd oblige since we had been eating so well for so long...and still had more to come. We left Typhoon Lagoon just as it started drizzling and headed to Port Orleans French Quarter where we caught a boat over to Downtown Disney. Skye lost one of her favorite silver flip flops on the boat so we had to buy her new Mickey Crocs at the frst store we saw...ya, she was heart broken for about 2 seconds! We ate around 6pm. We had over priced Nigget Happy Meals and a Fish Sandwich meal. It was Mc Donalds...what else is there to say? Except that it cost more than it would have at home in Burbank, Illinois.

No pictures and no receipt, but you probably have a good idea...

We got back to Movies around 8pm and decided we wanted a snack. We decided on a banana (one snack credit) and a Nacho Supreme with an apple juice and an ice cream sandwich (one meal credit). Tyler ate the ice cream sandwich (vanilla and chocolate chip cookies) and Skye had a little of everything. Our mistake was we took it back to our room to eat and by the time we got there, the ice cream sandwich had to be eaten mostly with a spoon and the nachos were soggy as nachos get after a while. We were aweful at taking pictures of our non-table service food so I do not have any of this but it was ok for a before bed snack. We were in bed and sleeping shortly after reaching our room so it was exactly what we needed.

It was about $20.00 total but only one snack and one meal credit.

Has anyone done a "Grand Gathering" ? There are going to be 10 of us. It will the 1st time we are all going at one time. I have heard about the different ones but haven't found any reviews or comments about them.

We were up nice and early for our 8:40am ADR at Tuskerhouse. Let me tell you, morning is not usually our thing so all the early mornings we had on this trip were a completely new thing for us. We really had a nice walk into Animal Kingdom with no one else around. We checked in and were seated very quickly. On the way we stopped for pictures and were told the story of the family living upstairs again. The buffet was explained to us again and we were seated almost in the same place we had had lunch earlier in the week. Our waiter was Billy and he was very good. He took our drink orders (OJ, apple juice and their special juice) and explained how the characters would come around. We headed up to get food and we had our usual...eggs, waffles, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, fruit loops, bacon, potatoes, etc... I only have a few pictures of the food though.

mickeys322.jpg

mickeys323.jpg

I assure you, we ate more than that and walked out stuffed. It was very good and lots to choose from. I really like the set up of the buffet here. There is a lot of room to move and easy to find what you are looking for.

We met four characters...

Donald

mickeys325.jpg

Mickey

mickeys330.jpg

Goofy

mickeys335.jpg

and Daisy

mickeys333.jpg

At one point they have a celebration parade and all the kids get to come up and get an African inspired instrument to play as they walk around the tables.

mickeys327.jpg

The kids had lots of fun soing that with Mickey. As soon as Tyler got back to the table Billy came with a birthday cupcake for him.

mickeys329.jpg

He and Skye managed to make a good dent in that too...junk food is not their problem with food at all!

While the characters were a little more quick here, we did not feel rushed or like they were in a hurry to move on to the next table. Our waiter was great and we had a great meal. We were there about an hour and our total was $43.64, or three meal credits for us. We left Billy a $10.00 tip so he much have been good but I cannot remember why.

While we were initially sad to see the counter service Tuskerhouse go, I have to say, we are not missing it anymore...we love the new Tuskerhouse and will probably visit at least once every trip...the problem may be trying to decide if we want breakfast or lunch...maybe we should just do both!

Yay! I just finished looking at all your dinners so far and they are wonderful! Thanks for takin time to do this!

came across your reviews as I am writing my own. SO glad to see someone who loves Citricos. Narcoossees, and GF Cafe as much as I do! they are the best! enjoying your reviews :thumbsup2

We had a fun morning and then headed over for our 12:30pm ADR at Yak & Yeti. I think we were still not starving becasue of our big breakfast but we had the credits and we were a little hungry so we headed over. We arrived right at our ADR time and we were seated right away. It wss pretty empty and we were seated to the left along the windows. It was a great seat because we could watch out the window while we ate too. The kids were very impressed with the menus and chop sticks on the table when we got there. They had fun eating with their chop sticks.

mickeys387.jpg

Our waiter was Jose and he knew is stuff. He was very efficient, in fac too efficient maybe, but he was not very friendly, kind of matter-of-fact. We ordered our usual drinks and when he came back he insisted that we order our whole meal...which was not a problem for us but it was the only place we were forced to do so. My appetizer came out pretty quickly...

mickeys391.jpg

It was the Lettuce Cups. I was not sure what to expect as I have never had them before but they sounded good and they were one of the most ecpensive items on the appetizer menu so I figured what the heck. they were really good and HUGE! Tis was definately enough to share or to have as an entree. Too bad my kids woudl not even taste it. I was hoping I was eating them correctly and didn't look like a moron but it tasted good so that was all I was concerned with in the end.

For entrees, there really was not much of interest to the kids so they both ordered the kids chicken bites and fries for both of their sides.

mickeys390.jpg

There were about seven chicken bites and lots of fries. Skye liked eating her fries with her chop sticks.

mickeys389.jpg

I had the Sweet & Sour Chicken with rice.

mickeys392.jpg

There was a ton of food there! But, it was not the best I have ever had. Not the worst either. I think it was probably the same chicken from the kid meal with sauce on it. Some of it was tough. The rice was good and the chicken was ok. It was not bad enough to reflect too poorly on the venue but it was enough that I don't think I'd order it again.

The kids both had the ice cream for dessert.

mickeys393.jpg

It was ice cream, what else needs to be said.

I had the Fried Wontons.

mickeys395.jpg

Ooooohhhh, were they good! It was a nice, light, flavorable, yummy dessert...and a great way to end the meal!

All the good stuff being said, we did have a couple of down sides to the meal. First was our waiter...he just was not very friendly...and by now you guys know, I do not need nor want an overly friendly talky waiter but this one was just cold. Then, our entrees were brought out very soon after my appetizer (in fact you can see it on the table as I was taking my picture of my appetizer and it was unouched so it apparently all came at about the same time) was so if I had been wanting to eat my whole appetizer, my food would have been ice cold by the time I ate it. We were forced to order all at once, which is probably why our food was brought too close together. And our bill. Now, I do not have the receipt with the breakdown of the food we purchased on it but when I got it I had to ask for an explanation (and this is after nine days of dining at this point. It had all of our food on it and then a service charge (I think is how it was worded). No where else did this. By my figuring from the menu online, I figure our food was about $60.00 but our bill was for $74 and some odd cents. So there was about $14.00 extra added to our bill. Now, it was not a huge deal to me because I was not paying for it but it just struck me as odd...especially since I did not encounter it from anywhere else. I found myself wondering if this was something they did when the tip was included to boost the tip earned. And when I asked about it all I was told was that it is something they do for Disney and I did not need to worry about it. I thought as a diner, I had a right to know what was being billed on my check.

So anyway, we left there about 1:30pm so it was about an hour for our meal. It was around $74.00 or 3 meal credits for us. We left a $7.00 tip. Overall, we liked the food and would return, I just would order a different entree. The place is decorated wonderfully and it was pretty and fun to look at. There was a lot of room between tables so we did not feel crowded.

We will be back, you should give it a try!

Yay! I just finished looking at all your dinners so far and they are wonderful! Thanks for takin time to do this!

I'm glad you are enjoying them...I really love doing them. It is kind of helping me get over the fact that it may be a while before we get back. I have helped my parents plan and they are leaving in three days so it is also helping me not be so sad that we are not joining them this time!

came across your reviews as I am writing my own. SO glad to see someone who loves Citricos. Narcoossees, and GF Cafe as much as I do! they are the best! enjoying your reviews :thumbsup2

I know, I have been reading your too! Oh yes, I am starting to think we need to just move into the Grand Floridian and we'd never have to leave!

Thanx for reading guys!

Are we crazy?!?!?!?

Well, we love, love, love Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boma. We could not not go. As sad as we feel when we are there but our room isn't, we cannot not visit our favorite Disney hotel ever!

We had 7pm ADR. Animal Kingdom had EMH until 8pm so we were able to stay around if we wanted. I think we got to the Lodge about an hour early. We were surprised to find the check in desk up in the lobby now. We were told that we probably would not be able to be seated early but they checked us in and we took our pager to relax on the wnderful couches in the wonderful lobby watching wonderful Disney catoons. Until our pager went off about 45 minutes later. We knew we might be looking as a wait because we knew we were early but we enjoyed just being there. We headed bown stairs and we seated along the the windows.

mickeys424.jpg

We ordered our usual drinks. I do not have our receipt from here so I do not know our waitresses name but I find the wait staff at Boma to be exactly what I would expect for a buffet....drinks are full, plates were cleaned, and not much else unless asked for...that is fine for us.

I wish I could remember everything we ate but, alas, I cannot. I have some pictures and if anything jumps out at me I will mention it.

mickeys426.jpg

Tyler's nuggets, fries, and pasta.

mickeys427.jpg

Skye's pasta.

mickeys428.jpg

Skye's mac & cheese.

mickeys425.jpg

I believe this is Carrot Soup.

mickeys429.jpg

I think this is the seafood soup.

mickeys423.jpg

And that is one of my plates.

And here is one of our desset plates...

mickeys430.jpg

I am actually in the "don't see the big deal about zebra domes" camp. I eat them and they are good but I just don't understand all the hype. Tyler believes that the reason anyone should go to Boma is for the great chocolate chip cookies...I believe his record is 12. Hey, we're on vacation...as long as he eats some real food first, I'm good!

We love Boma. All of us. Even Lou, my somewhat picky husband. There is so much for everyone there. Everything is soooo good and even if it is not something that is our normal food item, it is always fun to be able to try new things. The buffet is always full and hot and fresh. The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxed even with how busy it is in there. And you can't miss going to the Lodge!

It would have cost about $53.22 had we not been on the DDDP. It was three meal credits for us. We left a $6.00 tip.

It's great...give it a try!

Subbing! I am going to be alone with my two boys on my trip and we have the Deluxe DDP (which a lot of people are saying is not the wisest choice with kids) and my oldest's name is Tyler too! I've already got some good info I asked about Citrico's earlier and whether or not its a stuffy snooty place for kids thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter