We broke in the Deluxe Dining Plan...with lots of PICTURES! I finally finished one!!!

Great updates Sherry! You are giving lots of great ideas for our next trip! And ones to possibly rethink!!:rotfl:

Thanks Again!
Kim
momofdbsdca

After a day of mask making and passport signing (and losing and finding only to lose and find it again) we headed to our 5pm ADR at Chefs de France. On our first trip with Tyler (and my mom) back when he was two we stopped here. We did not have nor need ADRs back then and we stopped in for Onion Soup and dessert. Lou was not a fan because he had no idea what he was ordering and truth be told, he was much less cultivated than he is now...if that's possible, and believe me that is not tooting any horn! Lou got some dessert and my mom and I got soup. I believe Tyler ate a roll. that was it...and it was before I had found this world of enlightenment (or any other for that matter!)...in fact, we stayed, dare I say it, OFF PROPERTY...that's how un-DISsed we were! So needless to say, for all extensive purposes, we had never been here. It is also some place Lou claims to never want to go...did I really marry that man?!?!?!?!

So we were seated right away...we had the first seating. It was nice to see the restaurant clean and empy. We were seated up towards the front windows but a table back.

Our waiter was Marc. He was very nice and a bit difficult to understand but we did ok. The kids shared again. We were each brought a roll…

crunchy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. They did not want another salad so I decided to get the cheese pastry to try.

It was not what I was expecting and none of us liked it. It was much drier with less cheese than I expected. I had the Soupe a l'oignon gratinee or onion soup…

this would bring me back if nothing else! Lots of bread and cheese on the top and even when you got through that, the flavor of the soup was great! I liked the soup and while shy, am more adventurous in eating than Lou is…so again, this was one of those things to take advantage of now! For enteers the kids shared chicken strips with pasta.

Each piece of this was enough to be a meal so they had plenty! And they ate it all! I had the Demi poulet fermier roti, pommes puree au basilic et tomate braisee which is Half of an all natural roasted chicken, basil mashed potatoes and braised tomato.

It was good but a little dry for my tastes. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy with it but I don’t think I would order it again….I would want to try something else. I just tend to like my meat a bit more juicy that it was…it is probably an issue with making sure he chicken is cooked completely because I ran into it later in the trip also. For dessert the kids had Biscuit au chocolat which is a chocolate chip cookie.

It was a huge, thick cookie with huge chunks of chocolate in it. They were also given two drinks again at no charge. I had Tarte au chocolat which is a chocolate tart with strawberries and coconut, praline sauce with chocolate ice cream.

It was very good! All-in-all, we really had a good time here and will return. We are planning to make Lou come here and get over his issues with language/culture barriers. Our bill here was $58.15. Service was so good, we tipped $15.00…so those of you who have been privy to my opinions on tipping…see I do tip well when it is appropriate! It only cost us 2 meal credits. This meal was also about an hour and one half long.

Contrary to what I keep hearing, we did not feel crowded at all. We felt the tables were a decent way apart. We were not forced to eaves drop on the table next to us. The kid's menus were a chef's hat for the Ratatouille promotion...kinda like the cardboard Burger King crowns. They thought it was cool because they were getting tired of the same menus everywhere.

Don't be afraid of things that are different and don't not go just because someone else said it was a bad experience...GO, you just might like it!

Now this is one of those places we like...contrary to popular vote. The first time we went here was on Skye's first real trip (she was there when she was two months old but that does not really count) when she was 20 months and in love with Jojo. I think we have made it back every trip since. We like breakfast the best though...as is with more of the buffet/character meals for us. Our family is a big breakfast family and I always know the kids will eat well at a breakfast buffet. So that coupled with the great, unique characters here, makes a winner in our book!

We have never had a wait here and the place never seems full...in fact, it is usually the exact opposite of full. So we get to see characters many times and the kids get to play as much as they want. I do not actually even remember ever having someone right at the table next to us. the service however is usually relatively non-existant...but in a good way. Drinks are filled, plated are cleared, and bill is brought with little in between. For us, that is good service and all we need at a buffet. We also generally like a late breakfast seating because they will start changing over to lunch and you get brunch for the price of breakfast!

On this morning our ADR was not until 11:15am.We were sort of in between attractions and hungry so we decided to ask at the check-in desk if we could be seated early…”Sure, no problem!”. So we were given a pager and told to have a seat and we’d be seated shortly.

Just after we sat down a lady with a basket of plastic fruit came by and just sort of stood near us. All of a sudden, she tripped over her basket that was sitting on the ground and knocked all the plastic fruit all over the walk way. She was looking for someone to help her pick it up and since Tyler and Skyler were the only two there, they helped. She had some “grabbers” and they got to work.

It was kind of weird but they had fun so that’s all that matters. Soon other kids were coming along to help and our pager lit up. We were on our way into Hollywood and Vine for our breakfast with The Playhouse Disney gang!

The kids had their usual….Mickey Waffles, fruit, cinnamon rolls, donuts, hard boiled eggs, and Ice cream.

005_5.jpg

004_4.jpg

I really liked the breakfast taco section…I enjoy anything wrapped in a tortilla! At this point I discovered that my camera was not working…later to discover my strip was full (that everyone told me would not happen!). Luckily, we had Tyler’s camera. So we saw June,

DSC03934.jpg

Goliath,

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

(this is where I noticed my camera was not working correctly...later to find out my strip was full...everyone told me I would never fill it all and we're only on day 5!!!)
JoJo,

002_2.jpg

and Leo

002_2.jpg

…the kids danced and sang and ate. We were in a great seat near the buffet but not on top of it. It was not empty but certainly was not full in there today…I think we saw everyone at least twice. The total here was $67.39 because it was holiday pricing still…but was only three meal credits. We left a $5.00 tip, which is standard for me. We were out of there by 10:48am.

With the camera trouble throwing me off I did not get very good food pictures...sorry. I know this buffet gets a bad rap most of the time and I will not argue about lunch or dinner but we love breakfast here and have never had cold or old food and the trays are always full. The room is not usually very crowded and the buffet lines are set up good. So, I guess I am saying make your own opinion because not everyone dislikes this one!

Really enjoying your reviews - makes me wish we were getting the Dining Plan for our next trip but there are so many other places we want to eat as well as at Disney that it wouldn't be worth it for us.

Im SOO glad i found this thread! I am currently planning my families next trip in May and this is totally helping!! I especially love the big pictures to go with everything :)

Your doing a great job with these reviews! :tink:

Im SOO glad i found this thread! I am currently planning my families next trip in May and this is totally helping!! I especially love the big pictures to go with everything :)

Your doing a great job with these reviews! :tink:

Great...I love to hear I am helping out! I love the big pictures but unfortunately the little ones were my first time playing with Photobucket and I did not know how to change them...I think as soon as I get back to the next batch that I uploaded we will have the nice ones back...what good is a picture iof you cannot see it?!?!?!

You've definately helped me decide, we'll do Deluxe on our next trip! Keep those reviews coming..:thumbsup2

Oh, we love it! It is a lot but it is so much fun being able to try so many different things...just adds to the vacation in my opinion!

Loving your honest reviews.....keep them coming!!!

Thanx! Lou thinks I am nuts because I spend so much time going over things like this but I assure him that there a lot of people who will appreciate it!

Really enjoying your reviews - makes me wish we were getting the Dining Plan for our next trip but there are so many other places we want to eat as well as at Disney that it wouldn't be worth it for us.

You mean...OFF PROPERTY??? Oh man, I don't know if I could bring to do that!!!

Loving your reviews! Can't wait to read more. Thanks!

Thanx! I cannot wait to write more...it's this darned job...they expect me to work here!

Now let me preface this by saying that the last time we were there was on our first trip to the World with Tyler when he had just turned two. We were less than impressed…I do not remember details of why but we have kind of been scared off all these years. We needn’t have worried…we really enjoyed ourselves.

We were seated right away against the back wall. Our waiter was Sam. I ordered the Artisan breads (freshly baked breads served with an arugula and chive pesto, sun-dried tomato, roasted vegetable and roasted garlic spreads)

025_25.jpg

for an appetizer…The kids snagged a lot of the breads but they were not going anywhere near the spreads. They do not bring bread or rolls with you meal so since I was undecided on an appetizer, I chose this. It was pretty good but we do not normally eat that sort of thing so I don't know that I'd order is all the time...but I would consider ordering it again. The kids both ordered Minestrone soup.

023_23.jpg

Not because they woudl eat something horrible like soup but because they were not interested in anything else so I figured. I'd eat it. I ate theirs, they ate mine…at least the breads in mine! They both had the kid’s pizza

022_22.jpg

which they ate all of so I guess it was on par with the rest of The World's pizzas. And for dessert they had sundaes.

026_26.jpg

I had the chicken parmesan on spaghetti.

024_24.jpg

Skye helped me eat the spaghetti. The chicken was good but here again it was a bit dry for my tastes. Skye would have eaten more spaghetti but we cleaned the plate. It was a good meal. I had the crema limone (no sugar added lemon custard topped with fresh whipped cream and berries) for dessert.

027_27.jpg

It was really good! I would definately get this again.

Our server was good and kept our drinks full. We did not feel rushed or like he was in a hurry. We were not doing the Fantasmic Dining because we had spent the afternoon at Blizzard Beach and I did not want to take the chance that we'd miss our ADR and incur charges for that.

Our total here was $51.79 but only cost three meal credits for us. Our meal was about 45 minutes long…just right for us!

So the next morning we had ADRs at Ohana at 8am. We were up and out to catch the early reservations bus. It was still dark and steam was coming off of the pool. We had never been here before but the kids were looking forward to seeing Lilo and Stitch.

We got there with plenty of time to spare but the place was packed. So we checked in (which was really the longest part). They were telling people to only have one member of their group stand in line because the line was getting a bit long. We sat in some comfy chairs in the lobby and waited.

032_32.jpg

We waited for maybe ten minutes when we were called. The inside was completely not what I had expected! We were each given lais. Then we were walked around to the area near some windows, straight back tpo the left. Our hostess picked up our basket of cinnamon and pineapple breads on the way.

035_35.jpg

Oh, that pinapple bread was good! I could have just eaten that and been happy! The kids liked both of them. Our water, Nelson., took our drink order (their special juice, an OJ, and an apple juice) and then they brought out the fresh fruit plate with grapes, pineapple, watermelon, and honeydew meln on it.

036_36.jpg

Skyler polished off a good deal of that. It was very good and fresh. then the hot plate came out with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and biscuits.

038_38.jpg

The kids ate a little of that but what they wanted came around next...the Mickey waffles! All of the hot fod was great and hot and fresh. We were there early so I expect that is why but I do hope they are this good all the time. Nelson brought Tyler a tropical cup cake with a candle in it too.

039_39.jpg

We saw Goofy...

046_46.jpg

Mickey...

047_47.jpg

Pluto being silly...

045_45.jpg

044_44.jpg

And Stitch...

040_40.jpg

041_41.jpg

Lilo was sick...the kids were a bit disappointed. I mean really, it is their breakfast...how do they not have them both there??? Oh well, if that was the most disappointing part of our meal, we were doing really well...and we were! They kids had fun with the parade around the restaurant and meeting the characters in the tropical garb. And the food was really good! I admit, I did not expect much but we came our very pleasantly surprised! We loved it and would return in a minute.

The total for this meal would have been $43.64 but only cost us 3 credits. We were out of there in about an hour on on our way.

Very good meal!

A couple of hours later we stopped at The Lunching Pad for a Frozen Coke to share. No picture was taken...we see to have forgotten when it came to snacks.

It was good and one snack credit.

So, at about 12:50pm we headed to our 1pm ADR at Crystal Palace. As usual, there was a line to check in and a wait to get called in. We waited about 15 minutes...which was not bad considering all of the people waiting around. We were seated near the windows to the left side. John was our waiter and he was sufficient. We placed our usual drink orders and headed up tot he buffet for food.

Skyler's plate it the one with the mac & cheese and Tyler's is the pizza and nuggets...

085_85.jpg

They did go up for more but it was pretty much more of the same. This is one of my plates and I have no idea what is on it...

086_86.jpg

I am sure there was more than one plate but this is the only picture I have.

Then there was dessert...Tyler had ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

090_90.jpg

This is Skye and my plate. Dessert is one place that Skye will be adventurous...if it is junk, most likely she will love it!

109_109.jpg

We saw Tigger...

082_82.jpg

Eeyore...

084_84.jpg

Piglet...

087_87.jpg

And Pooh...

089_89.jpg

088_88.jpg

Now it is a bit off topic but somewhere while we were eating Tyler began taking pictures. And I do not know if he was doing it on purpose or if he was unaware that he was doing it but I found these hilarious! it is a series of about 15 pictures. I will not put you through all of them but just put yourself in my place when reviewing the pictures on the computer and seeing 15 different slides of this...

092_92.jpg

096_96.jpg

108_108.jpg

OMG, I was laughing my butt off! I just did not have the heart to delete them. I fully intend to put each and every one in sequence into a scrap book one day (if I ever got caught up to this trip...ya, right!).

Ok, so back to our review. We liked lunch much better than dinner a few years earlier but not nearly as much as breakfast. We would return but probably because of lack of better venues in the Magic Kingdom. If there were more, we probably would not return for lunch. It's not bad. But it is just not our kind of thing as much as we would like it to be for the money. Did that make sense. We did not hate it...it was ok...we would go back but probably not unless we were desperate for another meal in this park. Ok, good.

The total would have been $47.90 and we left an $8.00 tip. We were there about 45 minutes.

Eeehhh!

Sherry-Great updates!!!!! Love the face paint!!!!!! I had to do the multiple eyed Jack to my son for Halloween this past year, 3 times for 3 different parties!!!:upsidedow It looks awesome on Tyler!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews!
Kim
momofdbsdca

Funny how this day turned up and Lou and Tyler are watching Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End right now...I keep hearing parts of it and Skye telling them in her best Elizabeth Swan voice..."King!"

So after a fun day in the Magic Kingdom, we headed over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We had an ADR for 7pm. When we arrived we visited the smelly bathroom again and then checked in. It was pretty empty and we walked right in. We were seated in a half booth along the left side wall just inside the restaurant.

mickeys150.jpg

Our waiter was Simon and he was efficient if not a bit absent. I mean he was nice and did what we needed but if we were people who liked a lot of attention from our server, we would have been disappointed. We had our usual drinks and he brought us some bread...and the kids made it disappear.

mickeys151.jpg

Since I had not had my favorite appetizer in a while, I got Crab Cakes...

mickeys152.jpg

Ooohhh, they were good... and honestly, I could not tell you whose were the best! The kids did not get an appetizer but both got cheese pizza and fries. I do not have any pictures of their food but it was the same as the kid's meal pizzas every where else. They liked them as usual. I had what was billed to me as the Land & Sea but it was only the land part...

mickeys153.jpg

Which I believe was a New York Strip and mashed potatoes. It was really good. In fact everywhere I had steak, my medium rare was perfect.

I had the New York Style Cheese Cake for dessert.

mickeys156.jpg

And it was almost up there with Narcoossee's and Citricos...almost. And with out the dilema of "is it too pretty to eat" or not! Skye ended up eating part of it too because she ordered the Worms in Dirt...

mickeys155.jpg

Now, my kids do not do pudding. I explained to her what it was before she ordered it but she insisted. So it comes and she looks at it like it is throughly gross! She picked out all of the worms and would not eat them...even though she loves gummy worms when they have not been playing in the dirt first. She ate a little of the mud but decided she liked mine better. Now Tyler would not touch the mud (he is even picky with his junk food!) but the worms...

mickeys157.jpg

...were a different story! And Simon brought Tyler a birthday cupcake.

mickeys154.jpg

It was one of those big, fluffy, soft ones with too much frosting that we all love and Mickey Sprinkles. Skye picked off all of the Mickey Sprinkles...yep, eating his ears first and then Tyler are his most of the cupcake.

We went into this not knowing what to expect, becasue this is another place that does not have a lot of fanfare but it was super good. I am really thinking we need to stay at the Grand Floridian because some of our favorite restaurants are there. I would put this up in the top of the one credit meals we had. We were there for about an hour. Our bill would have been $60.47 but we paid three credits. We left a $15.00 tip.

We really, really liked it here. We would return anytime. I'd love to try more of their selections. It is a nice place but not stuffy.

Go and enjoy!

Today was the big day!

This was princess day!

Skye and Tyler had an 8am appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle. Tyler got a Cool Dude for $7.50 and Skye got the Crown Package for $49.95. She had been waiting for this for a long time and she enjoyed every minute of it. We were the first ones taken in and they had a personalized invitation for her. Everyone was great!

Here's some pictures cause she's just so darned cute!

Picking out hairstyles with her fairy godmoter in training...

mickeys171.jpg

Getting the hair ready for the princess do and some make-up...

mickeys184.jpg

How 'bout some nail polish...

mickeys189.jpg

All done...

mickeys191.jpg

And the back...I love this Mickey barette...

mickeys194.jpg

And Tyler's cool dude...

mickeys179.jpg

He really wants someone to spike his hair in a mohawk but it is just oo long and we have not figured out how yet!

Ok, now back to dining...

Ok, so that really did have a huge influence on our dining today...so it really does fit here.

After she was done, we were still in the park before it opened so we had a lot of photopass photographers at our disposal. We stopped along our way back up Main Street towards Exposition Hall to have Skye's pictures taken and put on our PhotoPass. We were the only ones there...no waiting and they played around with her a lot. When we were done the park still was not open yet so we stopped at the Main Street Bakery for a light breakfast. I had been hearing about this place but had not eaten here much...maybe a carrot cake once before in all our trips...it is usually just so packed that we don't want to wait in line so we just skip it. Well, this time there was no one there! Yeh us!! So we go in and ask what we can get on the dining plan and what it all counts as. Well, either they were not very adept at translating into guest terms or I just missed something and I consider myself pretty well informed on the dining plan so I am tinking it was them. What I wanted was to use the least amount of credits for what we wanted. What I ended up with was close but not exactly what we wanted. We got two egg sandwiches (now I am the only one who would eat these and they are huge so I really did not need two) so that was my breakfast with a milk that Skye and I shared. Skye had a crossant and Tyler had a Cinnamon Roll and a chocolate milk...which I shared some if because Skye does not like that kind on bottled chocolate milk...ya, they are weird! Everything was huge! Ty was in cinnamon roll heaven! Skye did not want to get messy so she did not even want to taste it...but her crossant was nice and fluffy and fresh. My sandwiches were great...and I wish I had pictures. I did not even think about it...the morning had been so busy already, it did not even cross my mind!

All of this ended up being two meal credits...at the time I would have perferred to use snack credits but in the end it did not really matter because we ended up leaving with a few credits left. I am going to guess it would have cost around $25.00 had we paid out of pocket for this meal.

We will definately return expecially if we arrive early and there is no line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter