We’re Going For the Record...A Record Number of Resort Changes! A June 2015 PTR - Updated 6/10

Mind my ignorance but...suction cups for the showers???

Yes, I guess we picked the tip up for our cruise last summer to hang up swim suits and stuff like that in the shower. But we actually used them more while we were at Disney World than while we were on the cruise, so now they are on our master packing list!

Hi, just wanted to say I've been lurking along and enjoying your report! :goodvibes

For what it's worth, we ate at Sanaa this last trip and when you order all the accompaniments with the bread service, you now get all 5 types of Naan too. She said it was a recent change. Good deal (same price)! :thumbsup2

Hope you have a wonderful trip - almost time! :cool1:

Snazzy picture of you and DW at the wedding! It sounds like a fun time.

I like to start packing a few weeks in advance so I understand feeling behind. It seems like you have a great system with the Disney bag - I have a tote with that kind of stuff. It makes like much easier!

I love the year to year pictures! DS is going to have a blast this trip, I'm sure!

Gotcha...now it all makes sense!

:thumbsup2

Hi, just wanted to say I've been lurking along and enjoying your report! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along!

For what it's worth, we ate at Sanaa this last trip and when you order all the accompaniments with the bread service, you now get all 5 types of Naan too. She said it was a recent change. Good deal (same price)! :thumbsup2

That is great news!
Hope you have a wonderful trip - almost time! :cool1:

We are very close. The main packing is happening today (I had to take a little break), but we are getting excited!

Snazzy picture of you and DW at the wedding! It sounds like a fun time.

It was a great wedding!

I like to start packing a few weeks in advance so I understand feeling behind.

I feel very behind. Lucky for us though as teachers we aren't working, so we have all day today and tomorrow to still get ready. I would be worried if I was working 8 to 5 these two days.

It seems like you have a great system with the Disney bag - I have a tote with that kind of stuff. It makes like much easier!

Yes, I like keeping all that stuff together. It is the kind of stuff we really only use on trips and if I were to take it out it would go to various places all over the house, then in the instance that during the year we need something we would have to figure out where it was. With a bag for all this stuff I know right where it is and it is easy to find.

I love the year to year pictures! DS is going to have a blast this trip, I'm sure!

If he has half as much fun on the trip as he has the last month talking about it and watching youtube videos it will be an awesome time!

Day 13 Plans

Well, we are two days out, really only about 32 hours, but who’s counting? We made quite a bit of progress packing today. DW got all of her stuff laid out. We are fixing to get it all into her packing cubes in a few minutes. She also got most of DS’s clothes put into gallon sized zip lock bags so we can just pull an outfit each day. I got all of my stuff ready and packed into the packing cubes and they worked better than I even thought.

IMG_0439_zpsiz3oiond.jpg

I got every piece of clothing that I am taking on the trip into the 5 packing bags you can see in that picture. These will fit easily into my suitcase. I packed clothes for the first four days at Pop Century in two of the bags and clothes to get out at Coronado Springs for the final week in the other three bags. I love this organization!

I guess I should get to the plans for our travel home day since that is what I was supposed to talk about.

This day could be miserable. Remember back HERE where we added a day, well that gave us a park day yesterday, but an early travel day today. I’m not sure how late we will stay in the park that final night, but we have to be up EARLY!! Our flight leaves at 7:00 AM, which means a Magical Express pickup around 4:00 AM. I will probably want to relish the last little park time we have, but DW and DS may want to get to bed, so we’ll just see what we want to do.

We depart Orlando at 7:00 and fly through Houston before arriving home around 12:30. This was important because I have a 7 on 7 football scrimmage this evening at 6:00 PM that I need to be at, that is why I chose the morning flight. Plus it was the cheapest flight of the day back home.

That will do it though with the planning. I’m up tomorrow morning at 5:45 AM to check in for our Southwest flight and try and get us in the A boarding group. I’ll let you know how I did tomorrow. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Up Next: ??? It’s Trip Time!!!

Great job on the packing in the cubes.

Oh I had that flight home...slightly earlier and was picked up at 3:45 a.m. :faint:

Good luck with Southwest tomorrow morning.

I like the packing cubes! I might have to look into those. I do the same things with the boys outfits in ziploc bags. It made it so much easier instead of matching things up each morning.

That is quite an early morning! But I'm sure it will be nice to get home early and settled some before starting real life again.

Good luck checking in tomorrow!

Great job on the packing in the cubes.

Thanks. I really like how they work and our suitcases look so neat and tidy with those loaded in them instead of clothes laid everywhere.

Oh I had that flight home...slightly earlier and was picked up at 3:45 a.m. :faint:

Ouch...I'm not much looking forward to it!

Good luck with Southwest tomorrow morning.
Good luck checking in tomorrow!

Well, it went ok. I was up in time. I hate that when you book on points you get a separate confirmation number for each person, so I have to check the three of us in separately. I was doing me on the computer, DW on the iPad, and DS on the SW app on my phone. Well, on the flight from OKC DW and I got A 52 and 53, while DS got B2. My phone took forever to load that one page for whatever reason. I guess we'll just do family boarding and should still be ok. We all got A group though on our second flight from Atlanta to Orlando.

I like the packing cubes! I might have to look into those.

I've liked them so far!

I do the same things with the boys outfits in ziploc bags. It made it so much easier instead of matching things up each morning.

Yes, this was a great tip wherever I read it initially. Getting him ready to go to the parks is quick and easy.

That is quite an early morning! But I'm sure it will be nice to get home early and settled some before starting real life again.

It will be nice to get home for sure.

Wow, you are so close! and what awesome packing organization!! I just may steal your brilliant idea of putting an outfit a day for your DS into gallon sized bags...that's brilliant...wish I'd thought of it before!! I'd still probably want to bring a few "extra" clothes in case of spills etc...but that way you can even plan outfits and label them for each day...wow, what a great system!! Considering how long your trip is, it actually doesn't look like you have THAT much stuff!! I'm very impressed!! Also, excited for you that you are leaving so soon!

Wow, you are so close!

I know...we are leaving the house in less than 8 hours! I should probably go to bed, but who can sleep with excitement like this!

I just may steal your brilliant idea of putting an outfit a day for your DS into gallon sized bags...that's brilliant...wish I'd thought of it before!!

Well, it is definitely not my idea...I stole it from someone's PTR somewhere along the line.

I'd still probably want to bring a few "extra" clothes in case of spills etc...but that way you can even plan outfits and label them for each day...wow, what a great system!!

We do take extra's for sure (this time we had one "cube" for extras, but having the day's main outfit ready is awesome.

Considering how long your trip is, it actually doesn't look like you have THAT much stuff!!

I'm telling you those cubes are really good. I have about 8 shirts each in my two medium sized bags and let me tell you I'm not a small person. I was an offensive lineman in college so they aren't size medium t-shirts either!

We do plan on doing laundry on the day we change resorts as we aren't hitting a park that day. Once we get settled at Coronado I've heard the laundry facilities there don't get all that crowded with a large convention crowd a lot of the time, so we decided to pack a little less and do some laundry.

Also, excited for you that you are leaving so soon!

Thanks...can't wait for the alarm to go off!

Final Update

This is the final update because...the alarm clock will be going off in less than 7 hours so that we can get up and catch our flight to Disney World!

The wait is finally over and ready or not we are headed down tomorrow. We got everything all packed up and loaded in the back of my truck in the garage so we can just jump out of bed and get on the way to the airport. I hope we aren't forgetting anything, but if so, who cares...we will be at Disney World!

Thanks to everyone who has read along on this PTR. It has made the planning process very fun and I enjoy reading you all's reports as well! I may get on and update while we are gone, it just depends on how things are going. I hope everyone has a great week while I'm gone!

Up Next: The Trip!

Have an awesome time!! Looking forward to reliving every detail with you when you return!

A little behind on your plans, but I wanted to stop by to say HAVE A GREAT TRIP! You guys really did a great job packing. You must be seriously excited. Have tons of fun!

Have a fantastic and wonderful time! We can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter