We’re Going For the Record...A Record Number of Resort Changes! A June 2015 PTR - Updated 6/10

Summer vacation is a good thing indeed! Both of our kids school at home but one is out of school on the 4th of June and the other is in school until the 9th of June.

I am glad in our state school gets out early. We do start early, but the time period after Christmas break to the end of the year seems long for us. I can't imagine having to go until into June. That just sounds like torture!

In that way she sounds similar to my husband. He enjoys everything Disney when we're there, but would really rather not yap about it as much as I wish to blab Disney.

No doubt! I can only say about one thing a day to her before she starts changing the subject anytime I bring up Disney. But then when we are there she is all in!!

Aww you guys have an adorable son!

Thanks...he's very cute, although when you tell him that he just says "No I Not!"

Magic words right there... night time EMH!

Love evening EMH at Magic Kingdom. I could care less if I did any ride at all if I could just walk around and soak in that late night atmosphere. Ok, maybe I would do the Peoplemover if nothing else!

Those pics of DS with the Crystal Palace crew are precious.

He loves those characters. Can't get him to watch the tv show at home, but when we talk about Disney World he always mentions these guys.

We had a 10:30 Crystal Palace ADR last trip. We couldn't get a pre-park opening so I went with that. We got in quite a few rides before which was nice!

That's good to hear. Hope it works well for us.

And I liked that with the late breakfast ADR we got to experience both breakfast and lunch foods. We had all the breakfast items at the beginning (puffed french toast! yum!) and then they started bringing out lunch stuff as we finished up. So you could really experience both menus!

I was hoping that would be the case. We love the special breakfast stuff they have at Crystal Palace, but it would definitely be nice to at least try a few things off the lunch buffet.

DS is too cute dancing around. Those dance parties are so much fun!

They work really well for us too since we are still rider swapping Space Mountain. It is so close and so while one of us rides the other can be at the dance party with DS.

We do start early,
How early does your school year start?
I can't imagine having to go until into June. That just sounds like torture!
It is. ;)
No doubt! I can only say about one thing a day to her before she starts changing the subject anytime I bring up Disney. But then when we are there she is all in!!
Ditto. Thank goodness for DIS friends :)
Love evening EMH at Magic Kingdom. I could care less if I did any ride at all if I could just walk around and soak in that late night atmosphere. Ok, maybe I would do the Peoplemover if nothing else!
Not people mover for me as it is not an option in wheelchair, but maybe someday. The night though, I do agree, in Disney is magic!

Day 11 Plans

Today will not take me too long to cover because we don’t really have anything at all planned until 4 pm or so. After a late night in the Magic Kingdom last night this is going to be some time for us to sleep in. We actually don’t have a rope drop planned on this day or tomorrow, our last day. We wanted to get all of that out of the way and just be able to relax some these last two days. So we will definitely spend some time here:

CSR%20Pool_zpsgfikts4j.jpg

DS has been taking swim lessons and loves swimming now. He still can’t quite go on his own, but at least he isn’t scared of the water like he kind of was last summer.

We will probably just head over to the Pepper Market for lunch or even just grab something at the little restaurant at the pool. The menu for that place looks like it has some decent options.

After giving DS some time for a nap we plan to head back to the Magic Kingdom around 4 pm or so. We have a FP+ for Space Mountain for one of us as soon as we get into the park and the other can ride with the rider swap pass that we pick up. We will probably do some other small things in Tomorrowland and then want to get DS a ride on the Railroad around the park again. He has been watching videos on YouTube of the train going around the park, so he will be really excited.

We will probably get off the train in Frontierland as we have another FP+ with this view:

IMG_1433_zps2488e48e.jpg

I think on this FP+ I just used whichever one of us didn’t ride Space Mountain earlier and we can do the child swap again. DS is still showing right around 39.75 inches. I don’t think we will get that extra quarter inch in the next week!

We will head over to dinner, probably at Columbia Harbour House. It is such a solid meal and great quiet atmosphere. We then have a FP+ for everyone at Peter Pan for one of DS’s favorite rides! Then we have our final FP+ of the night later on at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which we should get some on ride pictures from this year.

We will also head back to Dumbo for DS to get another rides later in the evening and even Barnstormer if the line is short enough. Or we may try to get a 4th FP+ for it if we need to. Have I mentioned that DS loved Barnstormer last year?

IMG_1257_zps06988a33.jpg

We will probably then just do whatever else sounds fun to us for the rest of the night. We can stay as late as we feel like again as the park is open until midnight and we don’t have a rope drop anywhere the next day. We will probably try and watch Wishes from somewhere, but definitely won’t be fighting the crowds in the hub or on Main Street. We might just catch it from Fantasyland or something like that.

That will do it for Day 11. Only one more park day after this one, you know what that means, right? The planning is about over and it’s time for the trip!
Up Next: Day 12 Plans

Day 12 Plans

I hope everyone is doing well! I am here to do an overview of our final park day, which is a little sad, but then I realize that means the trip is almost here so it’s not so sad!

Again, kind of like yesterday our plans for these last two days is to have the morning to relax and enjoy the resort. We aren’t going to rope drop or anything like that. We do have a reservation at DW’s favorite restaurant for breakfast. Here’s a hint...you get to drink out of my favorite kind of glasses:

IMG_1458_zps9d6a3a1d.jpg

So yes, DW loves Whispering Canyon, and I agree for the most part. The food last year was great here for breakfast and it was one of the things she told me she wanted to do again. I am betting we will just take a cab over their and back so as to not waste an hour or more each way by taking Disney transportation. Or we will at least cab one direction.

We will certainly spend some time at the pool and let DS swim and play before taking a short nap in the afternoon.

Not to long after our nap is over we will head back for one final evening in our favorite place on earth.

wd067wdw201418292961468_7008953654_18_zpsf2ab429a.jpg

Our plans for this visit include FP’s at Big Thunder Mountain as well as Peter Pan’s Flight. I also will have a final one of these:

IMG_1289_zps55088259.jpg

Yes, that is a Citrus Swirl and not a Dole Whip. I am a Citrus Swirl guy!!

We also have a FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train later on after dark as it completely changes that ride. We will also probably try to get back to the Storybook Circus area and see some of DS’s favorite friends one last time:

wd070wdw201417891325901_7008949875_18_zpse2cf1c54.jpg

Which means I can stop one more time in Storybook Treats, if only just for the great smells in there!

That will about do it. The park is open until midnight, but not sure how long we will want to go. We have a 7 AM flight coming home, and I don’t even want to mention or think about that Magical Express pick up time.

DW and I are both in a wedding for some really close friends this Saturday so I probably won’t get the final travel day update out until Sunday. Have a great finish to the week everyone!
Up Next: Shopping & Packing Update

Sounds pretty good for a last day!! Haven't tried Whispering Canyon...but am considering switching a character breakfast for that maybe...it sounds like fun.

Sounds pretty good for a last day!!

We are excited. FP+ makes it so nice we can sleep in and relax this last day and not worry about a rope drop, but we know we still have several headliner attractions that we get to ride that night. I know there are positives and negatives, but we couldn't have done that with the old FP system.

Haven't tried Whispering Canyon...but am considering switching a character breakfast for that maybe

We loved it last year. The food was great, but we can only speak to breakfast! The bacon was incredible and DW loved the biscuits and gravy.

it sounds like fun.

It is a lot of fun to. Make sure everyone knows what might happen here going in though so no one is surprised if you have someone who you think it might bother. We had a good attitude and our server was great. I know you haven't switched yet and this is a hard thing to remember, but if you do switch see if Wendi is there serving that day and request her...she is awesome!

Wow - less than a week!! So exciting!

I think 2 relaxing mornings after a long trip of early mornings is a great idea. It's so nice to take it easy when you reach that exhaustion point!

I'm sure DS will enjoy his time in the pool. The pool at Coronado Springs looks like fun!

We haven't tried Whispering Canyon. Breakfast and dinner both look delicious, but I'm a little intimidated by the travel time to get there.

It sounds like lots of favorites at MK on your last days - we had FP+ for Peter Pan and the Mine Train on each of our MK days as well - our boys favorites!

Wow - less than a week!! So exciting!

Started packing last night! It is so close. I am a little in a conundrum as I usually lay out all of our stuff to pack on the guest bed so we can see everything. But DMiL is coming this weekend to watch DS as DW and I are both in a wedding. Rehearsal tonight and wedding Saturday. So I can't really lay anything out yet where I want to. I have arranged our supply bag that we keep from year to year with things like stroller cover, ponchos, medicines, things like that. I did it on the floor in our office, but Sunday it is all moving to the normal packing location! I can't help myself.

I think 2 relaxing mornings after a long trip of early mornings is a great idea. It's so nice to take it easy when you reach that exhaustion point!

I am really excited about this too. I think it will be nice to wind down that way.

The pool at Coronado Springs looks like fun!

We agree!

Breakfast and dinner both look delicious, but I'm a little intimidated by the travel time to get there.

It is a great breakfast. We were staying there last year so easy for us, but I do see your point. The boat over there is nice if you do it on a Magic Kingdom day, but you still have to go back there before catching transport back to your resort.

It sounds like lots of favorites at MK on your last days

At DS's age Magic Kingdom is the place to be for sure!

Wow...I'm off the DIS for almost another week and I fall 3 updates behind on your PTR. :faint:

Keep checking for CP early...I was able to snag one two trips ago for 8:05 about five days before the trip. With the new cancellation policy, things open all the time.

Your plans sound great with the dance party, swimming at the pool at CSR (one of the best pools at Disney if you ask me...oh, and the food at the stand by the pool is really good...as are the drinks), more Big Thunder, more Dumbo and Barnstormer (I just did a mega update and talked about Barnstormer). I think the plans of sleeping in a bit those two last days is a good one.

Wow...I'm off the DIS for almost another week and I fall 3 updates behind on your PTR.

Glad your back!

Keep checking for CP early...I was able to snag one two trips ago for 8:05 about five days before the trip. With the new cancellation policy, things open all the time.

Sounds good. Will keep trying for sure.

one of the best pools at Disney if you ask me...oh, and the food at the stand by the pool is really good...as are the drinks

All of those things are things I wanted to hear. I keep thinking that pool food stand looks like the menu is pretty good, so I hope I'm right.

I just did a mega update and talked about Barnstormer

I'm trying to get caught up on everyone's posts right now, so I'll be there shortly!

I think the plans of sleeping in a bit those two last days is a good one.

Us too. We are looking forward to it.

Shopping & Packing Update

I hope everyone is having a relaxing and stress free weekend! We are getting really close to our trip and my plan was to just update about the packing and shopping that we have been doing, but honestly we haven’t been doing much of either of those things. This was a crazy busy weekend. My best friend that I went to school with and now teach with was getting married and I was the best man. DW was a bridesmaid in the wedding as well, so it was a lot of fun being there together, but tiring for sure. Everything went well and DW and I even managed to get a picture together in our wedding attire.

11377369_10152796606702854_2444903645962214934_n_zpsyyokwoaz.jpg

So, again this update was supposed to be about packing and shopping so that I could organize my thoughts on some of these things, but we leave in about four days and we haven’t even hardly started packing, which is so out of the ordinary for me. Now, the wedding definitely has us behind, but being the summer and that we are teachers who aren’t working we can make up for it in the next few days. I did manage to get out our bag of stuff that we call our “Supply Bag”. There are so many things you take on Disney trips and so when we get home we just organize these things into a suitcase and don’t use that suitcase for anything else until we got to Disney again the next year. I was able to get that bag unpacked and some stuff laid out, although today I need to move that stuff to the guest bed so I can see it all. Here is where I laid it out in the office floor, but I don’t have quite enough space there to organize like I need to.

IMG_0436_zpsiipke9rf.jpg

We have also been doing laundry like crazy today trying to get caught up so that we can start packing our clothes tomorrow. I will probably pack tomorrow. DW may wait until Tuesday. She is not quite as in a hurry to pack as I am. Usually she just lays her stuff out on the bed and I pack it because she doesn’t really like trying to fit everything into a suitcase.

Speaking of fitting things into a suitcase I did make one purchase so far since this update was supposed to include pre-trip shopping. After two years of really wanting to buy some of these and never really getting around to it I finally found a good deal on Amazon and purchased some packing cubes. These aren’t the really nice ones, they are more like bags, but we don’t travel a ton, so we didn’t need the really high quality ones. I found these for $29 for the set.

IMG_0435_zpsmvufz0iu.jpg

I bought two sets, the other being purple ones. I figured DW and I could try these out and at least see how they work. I think they will be great for my perfectionism!

Unfortunately that is about it for the shopping and packing we have done. I need to come back in a day or two and still outline the day we travel home and then we will be done and ready to go! Since the pictures were pretty boring in this update I’m adding below some pictures from our first trip with DS two summers ago and then some from our trip last summer when he was a little older. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!

100_2711_zpsabaadf6a.jpg

wd053wdw201418292961470_7007280137_18_zps3c2fe82e.jpg

Photo0243FourBySix_zps88d1346b.jpg

wd075wdw201418292717698_7008962684_18_zps3c29cb96.jpg

Photo0039FourBySix_zps171d19a3.jpg

wd028wdw201418292970871_zps84f2a29d.jpg

Up Next: Day 13 Plans

I'm sure all the packing will get done somehow...it always does! And you are so close!! Those packing cubes are cool...I have often thought about getting them too...but still wasn't sure exactly how I'd sort everything into them etc....Great wedding attire shot of you and DW!

I don’t think we will get that extra quarter inch in the next week!

You never know. It seems like my boys shoot up overnight! :goodvibes

Yes, that is a Citrus Swirl and not a Dole Whip. I am a Citrus Swirl guy!!

:thumbsup2

We also have a FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train later on after dark as it completely changes that ride.

I hope we get to do it at night next time.

You guys are so close! I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it. :goodvibes

You and DW clean up real nice for a wedding. :)

Ugh...packing. The worse thing about vacation if you ask me. I truly despise it.

Let me know how those packing cubes work.

I LOVE the photos from the previous two trips with DS...he's such a cutie.

I'm sure all the packing will get done somehow...it always does!

I got a little more done today. DS is working her last contract day of the year at school today so I got most all of the supplies laid out. DS and I also made a run to Dollar Tree and bought about $20 of supplies. Glow sticks for him in the evenings, some more suctions cups for the showers, batteries, small packs of tissues and other stuff like that. The Dollar Store is great when going on a Disney trip. There are so many cool things there that help on the trip.

Those packing cubes are cool...I have often thought about getting them too...but still wasn't sure exactly how I'd sort everything into them etc

I'm trying to wrap my head around that too right now. What should I put in each one. I'm just going to have to trial and error it. I should know more tonight. I'm going to try and get my clothes done and then DW can do hers tomorrow morning.

Great wedding attire shot of you and DW!

Thanks!

You never know. It seems like my boys shoot up overnight! :goodvibes

Funny story about that. In another pair of shoes he has he measured over 41" yesterday. So I'm thinking I may have just been measuring him wrong that first time I did it. So he should be tall enough for Big Thunder and Soarin'. We will just wait and see. If he sees Big Thunder and wants to ride it we figure we might as well give it a try!

You and DW clean up real nice for a wedding. :)

Thank you! DW certainly looked beautiful!

Ugh...packing. The worse thing about vacation if you ask me. I truly despise it.

I'm ok with the packing part before the trip. But having to pack in your resort room before coming home is awful. :(

Let me know how those packing cubes work.

Will do!

I LOVE the photos from the previous two trips with DS...he's such a cutie.

Thanks. He is cute and he is also so excited about this trip. He keeps coming up every hour or so at home and saying, "Daddy...I watch Disney World?" Which means he wants me to show him videos of rides like Seven Dwarfs or Big Thunder, or his favorite as of the last day or so the monorail...which he calls the "Monotrain". I don't know where he came up with that name!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter