We’re Going For the Record...A Record Number of Resort Changes! A June 2015 PTR - Updated 6/10

What a great last day of your spring trip. I really need to get back to Sea World...so much to see and do (I'm reading a TR now that the one in Orlando looks like a whole new park since I was last there). So glad that DS loved the whales and the dolphins. Isn't it funny how we relate everything to Disney World...opening time, etc.?

Cute pictures with the selfie sticks. I saw quite a few at Disney. Like you said, as long as they aren't bothering anyone or getting in the way or dangerous, go for it.

What a great day at Sea World. I haven't been in ages either. I love the penguins too. Your DS is adorable! Good thing he had a nap...my kids had a hard time napping while out...made for some cranky evenings on vacay lol

Fun day at Sea World! We are going to Orlando to visit my sister in law and we'll be visiting Sea World...but no Disney. I'm having a hard time dealing with being that close and not going to Disney. But none of my husband's family wants to go and I've been out voted.

I would have been surprised at a 10:00 opening as well. And closing at 6:00 makes it a pretty short day!

It seems like DS really enjoyed the shows! And the kiddie area looks like lots of fun. It seems like the San Antonio and Orlando parks have a few shows in common - Pets Ahoy and the One World show I think.

Excited to read about your Disney plans!

What a great last day of your spring trip. I really need to get back to Sea World...so much to see and do (I'm reading a TR now that the one in Orlando looks like a whole new park since I was last there). So glad that DS loved the whales and the dolphins. Isn't it funny how we relate everything to Disney World...opening time, etc.?

I know. Our lives now revolve around Disney principles. From grocery shopping to Sea World!

Cute pictures with the selfie sticks. I saw quite a few at Disney. Like you said, as long as they aren't bothering anyone or getting in the way or dangerous, go for it.

I agree. They definitely do not belong on rides or in front of people trying to watch parades or fireworks, but if out of the way then they are a nice tool!

What a great day at Sea World. I haven't been in ages either. I love the penguins too. Your DS is adorable! Good thing he had a nap...my kids had a hard time napping while out...made for some cranky evenings on vacay lol

Yes. I think we are pretty lucky that he falls asleep in the stroller. He is actually a really good napper, but not quite so good at actual bed time at night. Not quite sure what the difference is!

Fun day at Sea World! We are going to Orlando to visit my sister in law and we'll be visiting Sea World...but no Disney. I'm having a hard time dealing with being that close and not going to Disney. But none of my husband's family wants to go and I've been out voted.

You all will love Sea World. I mean it's not Disney, so that part stinks for you, but it is better than going nowhere at all!

I would have been surprised at a 10:00 opening as well. And closing at 6:00 makes it a pretty short day!

Yes. It wasn't that long of a day. It was a school day and Texas schools weren't on spring break, so I guess that is why hours were short. We got most everything done though.

It seems like DS really enjoyed the shows! And the kiddie area looks like lots of fun. It seems like the San Antonio and Orlando parks have a few shows in common - Pets Ahoy and the One World show I think.

The shows were definitely the highlight for him. I think they all have similar shows with just maybe slightly different elements. I remember enjoying the dolphin/beluga show more than we did this time. It seemed a little less energetic, but the Shamu show was awesome this time!

Excited to read about your Disney plans!

Can't wait to finish sharing them. I've got to get moving, we are almost down to two weeks!

Day 9 Plans

Sorry for being away for a while. Last week was our final week of school so I was pretty busy finishing things up for the year. But now...it’s summer! So we can really get excited about Disney, so on to our plans for Day 9 of our trip.

After an early to bed night yesterday we will be up and ready for rope drop at the Magic Kingdom. We’ll get to pass under my favorite sign!

DSCN0021_zps0ed380f6.jpg

Our plan this morning is to use the first hour or so to hit anything at rope drop that we feel we still want to do. I have a feeling DS will want Dumbo and Barnstormer, but we’ll wait and see. We do have some FP’s later on in the morning at Peter Pan, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and Big Thunder Mountain.

I also managed to snag a lunch ADR here…

DSCN0029_zps0e9ede67.jpg

...at Be Our Guest. We had planned on eating quick service in the park, but figured if we can get in here we might as well try it since it is still a quick service. We had dinner here two years ago, but have never been here for lunch, so that will be a first for us.

We will head out of the park by 12:30 or so for a good afternoon break. We have plans for a big dinner tonight!

We will be doing a big dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants:

DSCN4775_zps41621e0a.jpg

We ate here a couple of years ago and loved it. Both DW and I love crab and we thought it was really good considering it was an all you can eat buffet. DW was disappointed when we didn’t return last year, so I made sure and get us there this time.

After dinner we will probably head back through Epcot and spend a little time doing some Future World rides. We enjoy spending the evening in future world as some of the rides have really small waits. So we plan on doing Nemo and Figment for DS and maybe Spaceship Earth before heading to the front of the park. We definitely want to get out before IllumiNations so we can get to bed at a decent hour. We have another rope drop tomorrow and a traditional breakfast ADR.

I also want to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day and say thanks to all the men and women who have served in our armed forces! You allow us to live in this great country!
Up Next: Day 10 Plans

Great MK plans!! BOG is so awesome...so lucky to get an ADR there!! Also, we are planning a breakfast at Cape May so I'm glad to hear that you like it!!

Fun MK morning! I love that sign as well - such a special sight!

Great luck getting a BOG lunch ADR! I'm not sure the boys would each much there - maybe the grilled cheese? I would love the see the inside of the castle!

The Cape May dinner does sound very good - we love seafood too! And walking over to Epcot will be a good chance to explore Future World while everyone else is on the other side!

Great MK plans!! BOG is so awesome...so lucky to get an ADR there!!

I know. I hadn't really messed with getting one when they announced they would be available on the regular website, but a week or so ago I decided to try and ended up with an 11:15 lunch time. It was the only time available during the entire lunch period that day, but we like to eat lunch about that time in the parks anyways! Can't wait.

Also, we are planning a breakfast at Cape May so I'm glad to hear that you like it!!

We've only done dinner, but I have heard really good things about the breakfast there as well. Hope you enjoy it.

Fun MK morning! I love that sign as well - such a special sight!

I take a picture of that sign every MK rope drop I think!

Great luck getting a BOG lunch ADR! I'm not sure the boys would each much there - maybe the grilled cheese? I would love the see the inside of the castle!

We actually pre-ordered last night and had the same discussion about what DS would eat. DW ended up ordering (for now!) the turkey sandwich with green beans and we just decided DS would probably just be best off sharing with her as he will eat some bread, cheese, and turkey. We did get him a side of french fries for $2, but we weren't doing an entire $8 kids meal for him if he wouldn't eat it!

The Cape May dinner does sound very good - we love seafood too! And walking over to Epcot will be a good chance to explore Future World while everyone else is on the other side!

Yes, nighttime in Future World is really fun, as long as we know we aren't riding Test Track/Soarin' without a FP, which we don't have in this case. But all of the other rides DS loves anyways!

Day Nine plans sound great, Jon. I'm with you...love that sign. We snagged an ADR for lunch at BOG too and I can't wait to finally try lunch. It's been awhile since we've done Cape May...you'll have to let me know how it is this go round (our last time there it wasn't so hot). I like the idea of going back to Epcot and hitting Future World for some attractions for DS.

Just catching up on your plans.

We aren’t sure if DS will want to ride this. He will be 40 inches, but has just turned 3 years old, so we aren’t sure if this is a ride we should try with him. Any thoughts from those of you with little ones?

I think your DS will be ok with this ride. I rode it with Aidan when he was 3 and he was fine. Now that he's 9 he's actually more afraid of rides than he was when he was younger. :confused3

Any thoughts on the dips to order, or should we just splurge and try them all for the extra $2?

I would totally splurge for $2! :thumbsup2 I've seen so many DRs with those sauces, I would never be able to choose.

We’ll get to pass under my favorite sign!

I've never noticed that before.

We ate here a couple of years ago and loved it. Both DW and I love crab and we thought it was really good considering it was an all you can eat buffet. DW was disappointed when we didn’t return last year, so I made sure and get us there this time.

I walked by the restaurant a few times when we stayed at YC and it smelled heavenly. Our whole family loves fish/seafood so I can't believe I never made an ADR here. :wizard:

Yay for being done school for the year. You must be thrilled. I guess that means you trip is right around the corner.

Great plans for Day 7 through 9. I know I said this before - but you are so lucky to have such a long trip planned.

Yay for Spring Break Day 3 and a trip to Sea World. Looks like a great day. Is the park a bit scaled down compared to the one in Orlando?

All caught up again. :thumbsup2

We snagged an ADR for lunch at BOG too and I can't wait to finally try lunch.

Me too! We tried to get a FP+ last year when it was still in testing on that separate website, but never got the invitation to make it work. So we are excited this time.

It's been awhile since we've done Cape May...you'll have to let me know how it is this go round (our last time there it wasn't so hot).

I definitely will...hope it's still good!

I like the idea of going back to Epcot and hitting Future World for some attractions for DS.

DS loves those rides like Figment and Nemo and we may can even get in a bonus meet at the Character Spot. The waits there are usually very manageable later in the evening.

I think your DS will be ok with this ride. I rode it with Aidan when he was 3 and he was fine. Now that he's 9 he's actually more afraid of rides than he was when he was younger.

We have been watching videos of these rides and he seems to be very positive. He is especially excited for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. He has been walking around the house singing, "High Ho!".

I would totally splurge for $2! :thumbsup2 I've seen so many DRs with those sauces, I would never be able to choose.

I think we will. Especially since DW doesn't like spicy and I do we would have a hard time narrowing it down to three between the two of us.

Yay for being done school for the year.

:dancer:

You must be thrilled.

party:...can you tell I'm excited!

I guess that means you trip is right around the corner.

Yes...we are getting close! DS asks every morning right when he wakes up, "Are we going to Disney World today?" It is pretty cute!

I know I said this before - but you are so lucky to have such a long trip planned.

We are. DS will only be this young for so long. Once he is into activities and sports we probably won't be able to do quite as long a trip, so we'll get it while we can and while our teacher schedules let us!

Is the park a bit scaled down compared to the one in Orlando?

I have never been to the Orlando one. I think it is slightly smaller, although I'm not sure how much. It looks like they have about the same amount of rides, but I think Orlando may have more animal exhibit areas and they do have the new Penguin ride which San Antonio doesn't have.

Yay for Summer time! My last day of school was a few weeks ago and the kids last day was today. I wish we were heading to the World this summer! Loving all the plans. We did BOG lunch and it was ok. The best part were the cupcakes. I loved the atmosphere and think I was expecting way too much out of it for lunch. We also LOVE Cape May! I am not a seafood eater but they have a ton of other stuff! My husband can't wait to go back there. I am pretty sure he would do O'hana and Cape May every night of our trips. Looks like you had fun in Texas. My best friend lives down the street from Sea World so we have been there quite a few times since they moved. Will probably head there this July!

We did BOG lunch and it was ok. The best part were the cupcakes.

Good to know about the cupcakes. We are just looking forward to eating somewhere other than Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbour House. Don't get me wrong we like both of those, but it seems like we always eat at one of those places. We aren't big fans of Cosmic Rays, so as long as Be Our Guest is as good as Pecos Bills we will be happy!

We also LOVE Cape May! I am not a seafood eater but they have a ton of other stuff!

They do. DW is not a seafood eater either, but for some reason she loves crab. Go figure!

I am pretty sure he would do O'hana and Cape May every night of our trips.

Me too!

Looks like you had fun in Texas. My best friend lives down the street from Sea World so we have been there quite a few times since they moved. Will probably head there this July!

Sounds like fun. We love going to San Antonio. We have been there for 4-5 days several times both before and after DS and love it. It's close enough to get to from Oklahoma and has so many great things to do. Even touring all of the Missions and stuff like that is a really fun time. Hope you all enjoy it!

Day 10 Plans

Alright...on to Day 10! This PTR is almost over, which is a good thing!! Day 10 of our trip will actually be our last planned rope drop even though we have two more park days after this. We wanted to get all of the rope drops out of the way and just be able to relax the last couple of days of this long trip. So for our last rope drop we are of course heading back to the Magic Kingdom.

Our goal this morning is to get back to some of DS’s favorite rides back in Fantasyland. We will be hitting Winnie the Pooh, The Barnstormer and then this favorite of DS:

DSCN0857_zps9a45a68a.jpg

After these we will probably go meet character’s again at Pete’s. DS loves those meet and greets with some of his favorite characters. We have a 10:35 breakfast ADR, so we will then just do whatever else we can before heading to the one breakfast we have done on every trip with DS.

IMG_1510_zpsb7ebfe43.jpg

A little story behind this reservation. In my infinite Disney wisdom I had decided that why not try some new restaurants this time and I left Crystal Palace off the list. Well, DW is the nostalgic one of us was not happy that we were skipping Crystal Palace. She reminded me we had done it during our other two trips with DS and we needed to keep that going. Now, I was just happy that DW was giving me a recommendation. She loves Disney World, while we are there, but the other 50 weeks of the year she lets me be the nerd. So, it is well after the 180 day mark when we figure this out, so I began looking at what day it would work. Of course we usually do an 8:05 reservation, but that is obviously not an option at this late of a date. So I figured we would try this strategy of about an hour and half of touring before a late, 10:30, breakfast ADR. We will still get the breakfast foods we love like puffed french toast and the breakfast lasagna, but will also get some good touring time before. Of course we can have DS meet these great characters again:

IMG_1367_zps8932e54a.jpg

IMG_1378_zps12e4157f.jpg

After breakfast we have the only FP+ for the morning at Big Thunder Mountain and will try and get out for a break by 12:30 or so.

We plan on returning by dinner time and staying late. It is an evening EMH night so they will be open until 2 AM. We probably won’t make it that long, but we don’t have to get up in the morning so we will probably just go as long as we want to.

DW and I have some FP+’s at Space Mountain and we all have a FP+ for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, which DS is asking me to play the video of this about 5 times a day, so hopefully he enjoys that one. We don’t plan on watching the parade or fireworks tonight for sure, but may watch from somewhere a little less typical.

One thing I know we always love on evenings in the Magic Kingdom is letting DS dance at the party in Tomorrowland:

IMG_0156_zps5b12c1a8.jpg

He loves dancing over there! So we will probably spend a good amount of time doing that. That’s about it for day 10. I’m not sure how long we will make it that night, but again, nothing scheduled the next day until the late afternoon, so we are just going to go with the flow and have a great night in the Magic Kingdom. The atmosphere after dark there is awesome. I mean even if I’m just sitting on a bench being immersed in that atmosphere it would be great!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Up Next: Day 11 Plans

Your DS dancing is the most adorable thing ever!! Good plan on the ADR at CP...I hadn't thought of that when we couldn't get an early one...something to think about! And Dumbo...the best!! I wonder if it's possible to get on that one now without FP+ now that they have increased the capacity...hmmm

Your DS dancing is the most adorable thing ever!!

He loves to dance most any time music is on, but he especially loves that dance party in Tomorrowland!

Good plan on the ADR at CP...I hadn't thought of that when we couldn't get an early one...something to think about!

We've never done it this way, but I also thought we'd try this since I have heard recently that they have slowed the characters down so that you can't get them all seen by the 9 am rope drop. This way we can stay and see all of DS's favorites and not jeopardize our rope drop touring time.

I wonder if it's possible to get on that one now without FP+ now that they have increased the capacity...hmmm

We always do it either during the first hour of the park being open or later in the evening, after 8 pm or so. In the first hour or so it is never very crowded right now. It seems the doubled capacity has helped a lot. We have also done it later in the evenings with good luck. The wait may be 15 minutes or so at that time, but it doesn't ever seem to be near as bad as it used to be.

We’ll get to pass under my favorite sign!

DSCN0021_zps0ed380f6.jpg
That is a wonderful sign!
I also managed to snag a lunch ADR here…

DSCN0029_zps0e9ede67.jpg
Oh how fun! We hope to get a lunch there as well!
Last week was our final week of school so I was pretty busy finishing things up for the year. But now...it’s summer!
Summer vacation is a good thing indeed! Both of our kids school at home but one is out of school on the 4th of June and the other is in school until the 9th of June. I'm as ready as they are for the end of this school year! ;)
So we can really get excited about Disney
This is certainly a good place to do that. :)
She loves Disney World, while we are there, but the other 50 weeks of the year she lets me be the nerd.
In that way she sounds similar to my husband. He enjoys everything Disney when we're there, but would really rather not yap about it as much as I wish to blab Disney. lol.
Aww you guys have an adorable son!
It is an evening EMH night so they will be open until 2 AM.
Magic words right there... night time EMH!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hope you and yours have a great start to your summer break! :D

Sounds like a great MK day. Your DW sounds like my DH. I get all giddy when he makes a request so I do something silly like make an ADR for Biergarten. :laughing:Those pics of DS with the Crystal Palace crew are precious. :goodvibes

Great MK day with lots of favorites for DS!

We had a 10:30 Crystal Palace ADR last trip. We couldn't get a pre-park opening so I went with that. We got in quite a few rides before which was nice! And I liked that with the late breakfast ADR we got to experience both breakfast and lunch foods. We had all the breakfast items at the beginning (puffed french toast! yum!) and then they started bringing out lunch stuff as we finished up. So you could really experience both menus!

It sounds like a fun night. DS is too cute dancing around. Those dance parties are so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter