WDW withdrawals so we have to go twice! **New 5/18 Pics from the storm**

Tracy, I see no Cricut stuff in any of those craft projects, when are you busting that beast out?? (I took mine into the office and my HR stuff is loving it so it's finally getting some use).

And the Poly for Christmas...well, well, that's a whole bunch more talking we'll be doing on here. Staying on the monorail loop is magical.

If you have seen any of my other reports I sometimes decide I need to make things for the trip.

Yes, you are very creative!!

012.jpg

Love this one... it's perfect for you two!

(Still sad that we am missing KathyRN) Bill promised me I could stalk her, I mean see her if they go in 2010. So Kathy you have fair warning now.

You Betcha! :thumbsup2

Bill said “you wanted Ip-Dip, I want the Poly”.

THE POLY!!!

Woo-hoo!! How romantic! :love:

I figured I would just discuss both of the trips here, so this PTR is now a twofer. I have months and months before the trips so this gives me more to talk about!!

(You'd think that I would've learned how to multi-quote by now!)

Yippie!! I'm so happy for you!!
:hug:

Kathy

Yay for the Poly!! :cool1: That's exciting news!

I'm sorry to hear about Bill & his job... I don't really know what else to say, but it really breaks my heart. :hug: for you & :hug: for Bill.

TRACY!!!!! :yay::yay:

Yay! The Poly! How Fun!!

:cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3::love::cloud9::banana::cheer2:

I'm so excited for you! Shawn and I are headed there in a few weeks and I can't wait! I never, ever, thought we could stay there! Oooo...you're gonna get to see the ice-castle from the beach! :worship::worship:

I'm trying to get caught up here on the DIS as well....it's so easy to fall behind on people's plans!

Sara

Hi Tracy! I've been thinking of you and Bill. I hope things are well with you guys!

I definitely think you should craft! You are very talented and I love to see your creations!

And Woo Hoo on the Poly! That will be awesome! :cool1:

Woo Hoo on the poly. I had so much fun there on my fantasy trip LOL! I am sure you will have a blast.

Hugs to Bill and slaps-in-the-face to his workplace! :hug::hug:

You scrapbook! I did not know that; I just got back from my first crop convention last weekend. That was just a bizaare place and pretty overwhelming for a new scrapper like me (just since Aug.). Women were doing this :dance3: on chairs at 11 p.m. :rotfl: I went with a good friend of mine and her crop buddies, so at least I didn't feel out of place. At the end of the weekend, I looked at my friend and said, "You know we could have almost bought ourselves Cricuts for what this weekend cost." Doink!

Glad to hear the PTR has turned into a two-fer!

I know, I have been a bad PTR writer lately

I picked up Bill from work today. He has worked part time for an Independent living center for over a year now. They give him crap work, newsletters etc, even though they know he can do more. He created their website and made it completely accessible for people with all different types of disabilities.

Well they asked him today how many hours would he really need to do the newsletter. This tells him that they aren't going to even let him try other things although they know he has 3 degrees and has almost completed his masters in Rehabilitation Administration and they are looking to cut his hours.

They have another person in the office that is an intern, he is in a wheelchair but has no speech impediment, they are looking to hire him full time. Bill is heartbroken and so am I.

Later that day:

He said he knew they would hire the other guy because of his speech.

He said he feels like he is going to school for nothing and that he thinks if an independent living center won't give him a chance that no one probably will. He said "but I have to try". He tries so hard it just breaks my heart.

Thursday:

In the class he has this semester the teacher gives points for assignments, Bill said to get an "A" he has to have 280. He had 202 as of Thursday morning, most people in the class had about 160. This shows how hard he works, he made a plan at the beginning of the semester to do the assignments with the most points to get his "A" faster. The teacher gave them 2 opportunities to make extra points on Thursday. By the end of that day he had racked up 22 more points, he also had assignments yet to be graded, so he will have 284 by the time those are graded. He emailed his teacher last night telling him he would not be back in class. The teacher emailed back "Ok, good job, that is a great place to be in isn't it".

Friday:

We had some appointments including a doctor's appt so he could sign off on paperwork to possibly get Bill a new wheelchair. This time with tilt to help him with all the cramping he has. This man suffers more pain in one day then the average person does in a month , he amazes me.

Then we have been having some ticker issues the Enchanted ticker site and I was dealing with that for a couple days. I think I got them straightened out finally, it was driving me crazy!!

I am so sorry about this work thing. I am beyond sad that the Independent Living center won't hire him. That just makes me sick.

Hugs to both of you guys!!

I have not even read any more because I just had to comment on that...

What a great way to do a class! Finish your work and you can go home. I like my job being that way, too!! Finish my work and I can be on the DIS. :thumbsup2

Congrats, Bill!!! Great job!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

A powerchair with a tilt is a WONDERFUL thing. I bet it will make things a lot more comfortable for him. Are they able to get him a good gel seat, too? That helped Lauren a lot!

Ok...now I can go read your "real" update!! :)

I was so in the middle of posting here when Internet Explorer decided to "shut down"...Microsoft even offered to let me "Report the Error"...Does anyone ever actually report the error? What would happen if we ALL did one day? We need to start a "REPORT THE ERROR" Day and see what happens at the Microsoft headquarters when we all tell them how many times a day our programs just stop working for no apparent reason. Gosh, I digress!!!!

So...as I was saying...I actually don't remember what I was saying! :confused3 :lmao:

I think I was telling you how cool it will be to stay at the Poly!! :goodvibes And I also said something about wanting to stalk, I mean see, BOTH you and KathyRN in 2010, too! :)

And...I would love to see what you write in the little planners you make. I need to make myself one of those! That is a lot easier to carry around in Bagallinni than a guide book with all of my ressie numbers in there!

I think that is all I had typed before Microsoft decided to kill IE. If I remember anymore, I can always post again, right! :)

Tracy,

Tell Bill to keep his head up. Where a door closes then a window is opened. I understand he feels frustrated but I just don't see how someone with his intelligence and drive would have been satisfied with the newsletter job anyway. I believe that something more challenging and satisfying is waiting for him. I pray it comes sooner than later. :hug:

He laughed when he read about not being satisfied with the newsletter situation. He said "you got that right". We both thank you.

Tracy, I see no Cricut stuff in any of those craft projects, when are you busting that beast out?? (I took mine into the office and my HR stuff is loving it so it's finally getting some use).

And the Poly for Christmas...well, well, that's a whole bunch more talking we'll be doing on here. Staying on the monorail loop is magical.

You busted me, you are right, I haven't even touched the Cricut in about 2 months. Bill is so excited about the Poly.

(You'd think that I would've learned how to multi-quote by now!)

Yippie!! I'm so happy for you!! :hug:

Kathy

I made that "I found my Prince" the day I posted that update. I actually liked that one, most stuff I make on Paint Shop Pro I am not satisfied with. Thanks :hug:.

Yay for the Poly!! :cool1: That's exciting news!

I'm sorry to hear about Bill & his job... I don't really know what else to say, but it really breaks my heart. :hug: for you & :hug: for Bill.

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Love all the crafts Tracy! :love:

I would love to stay at the Poly one day! How exciting!! :cool1:

I am starting to get a little more excited about the Poly, I am one of those "we don't spend time in the room or the resort why pay that much?" type of person, but the Poly is Bill's dream. Thank goodness for 40% off codes.

TRACY!!!!! :yay::yay:

Yay! The Poly! How Fun!!

:cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3::love::cloud9::banana::cheer2:

I'm so excited for you! Shawn and I are headed there in a few weeks and I can't wait! I never, ever, thought we could stay there! Oooo...you're gonna get to see the ice-castle from the beach! :worship::worship:

I'm trying to get caught up here on the DIS as well....it's so easy to fall behind on people's plans!

Sara

Sara, I have not really been excited about the Poly, I can't tell you why, that is until I read "you're gonna get to see the ice-castle from the beach! ", that did it. I was all excited then!!! I am continually behind here and on Enchanted, it is hard to keep up.

Hi Tracy! I've been thinking of you and Bill. I hope things are well with you guys!

I definitely think you should craft! You are very talented and I love to see your creations!

And Woo Hoo on the Poly! That will be awesome! :cool1:

Hi Michelle. We are doing well, how are you and your family? Thanks you are so sweet for saying that about the craft stuff. The Poly will be an experience.

Woo Hoo on the poly. I had so much fun there on my fantasy trip LOL! I am sure you will have a blast.

Hi Debra, I liked your fantasy trip!

Hugs to Bill and slaps-in-the-face to his workplace! :hug::hug:

You scrapbook! I did not know that; I just got back from my first crop convention last weekend. That was just a bizaare place and pretty overwhelming for a new scrapper like me (just since Aug.). Women were doing this :dance3: on chairs at 11 p.m. :rotfl: I went with a good friend of mine and her crop buddies, so at least I didn't feel out of place. At the end of the weekend, I looked at my friend and said, "You know we could have almost bought ourselves Cricuts for what this weekend cost." Doink!

Glad to hear the PTR has turned into a two-fer!

:rotfl: Bill thought your first sentence was funny. I have never been to a crop convention, I have completed one 8x8 scrapbook for my son and about 3/4th of the way through a 12x12 scrapbook of our Nov. '07 trip, yes 2007 :sad2:. I am a slacker. Bill's mom got me a Cricut for Christmas 2007. I think I have used it 3 times, I am horrible aren't I?

I am so sorry about this work thing. I am beyond sad that the Independent Living center won't hire him. That just makes me sick.

Hugs to both of you guys!!

I have not even read any more because I just had to comment on that...

What a great way to do a class! Finish your work and you can go home. I like my job being that way, too!! Finish my work and I can be on the DIS. :thumbsup2

Congrats, Bill!!! Great job!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

A powerchair with a tilt is a WONDERFUL thing. I bet it will make things a lot more comfortable for him. Are they able to get him a good gel seat, too? That helped Lauren a lot!

Ok...now I can go read your "real" update!! :)

Hi Mary!! Bill says he really didn't see himself at the ILC job forever, so he now sees it as a positive, he can change anything into a positive. He really wants to work at a camp for people with disabilities, that is his dream.

He always uses a Roho seat, they are the best for his needs. They had me put him in a weird looking chair that had rubber pins in the back, then they push it forward to mold to his back, so he will have a custom back too. I think the tilt will help him tremendously.

I think I was telling you how cool it will be to stay at the Poly!! :goodvibes And I also said something about wanting to stalk, I mean see, BOTH you and KathyRN in 2010, too! :)

And...I would love to see what you write in the little planners you make. I need to make myself one of those! That is a lot easier to carry around in Bagallinni than a guide book with all of my ressie numbers in there!

It would be great to get to meet you too!

You don't want to see what I write in my planners. Before the trip it is a bunch of chicken scratches, partial plans, possible ADR's, budgets, etc. Before we leave I go through it and rip out what I don't need. I take it in Bill's bag to the parks, I attach a pen or a mechanical pencil to it and write trip notes when we are eating at counter services.

GREAT crafts!!!!

Staying at the Poly for Christmas...HEAVEN :cloud9:

Hi Kat!! It is so weird that the October trip is essentially planned except for the ADR's. Now I can concentrate on the Poly and surprising Bill a with a couple of things for our anniversary.

As some of you know, we only fly SouthWest and only direct flights. We do this for a couple of reasons, SouthWest treats his wheelchair and us very well and because of Bill’s personal needs having a lay over is not a good idea. So I have the “SouthWest Ding”, I have a couple of cities on my favorites list, St. Louis, Nashville, TN, Indianapolis, IN, and Orlando. Why Indy you ask? Well I have become an unofficial travel agent for Bill’s mom. When she wants a flight through SouthWest she just has me find her a good deal and since I love saving us money and anyone else money I happily do this for her.

I have been checking the “Dings” for St. Louis to Orlando every time a “Ding” pops up, it doesn’t matter if our dates weren’t even able to be booked yet, it was research to see what the possible prices might be. Not one “Ding” for St. Louis to MCO, NOT ONE!!! What is up with that? I never saw anything under $99 one way and that really isn’t that bad a price, but we have always paid lower than that. I knew by reading their site that on April 14th the booking window for our dates would be opening up, so I waited
confused.gif
and I waited
Bored.gif
and I waited
gaah.gif
. It was taking eternity for April 14th to roll around. Ok that was a little dramatic
dramaqueen.gif
, but you know what I mean it drives you crazy.

I will admit it now, I am odd, weird, strange, and eccentric, I couldn’t sleep waiting for the flights to be posted. Bill was oblivious
Smiley_sleeping.gif
to my predicament. I popped out of bed bright and early and turned the laptop on. How bad would the flights be??

Oh my goodness
thdancecircles.gif
$84 on the way down to Florida
1e76d761.gif
!! That seemed good to me, the flights on the way back on the other hand were $164 per person on the flight we wanted
confused2.gif
. I was thinking WHY, WHY?? Then I realized
IpDipsmilie.png
. We are flying home on Columbus Day.

I went into Bill, who was still laying down and told him what was going on with the flights. We decided to go ahead and get the flight down to MCO
bananamickey.gif
. Now I get to watch the “Dings” and hope something happens for the return flights, if not we will pay more going home then we usually pay for round trips for the two of us. I can’t believe I didn’t think about Columbus day, I should have booked us coming home on Oct. 13th, but you live you learn, you laugh you learn according to Alanis Morissette and I believe her ;).

Next installment…October Ip Dip thoughts

I do the exact same thing! We prefer SW too, and I am always on the website waiting for fares to come out or to lower. Even now I still check it, even though our flights are booked. You never know!

I love all your crafts! Each year I plan on making some mousekeeping envelopes but never get around to it :sad2:

Yahooty for the Poly!!! :woohoo:

Too bad about the price hike for the return trip.

Glad you got part of your tickets at a good price. :thumbsup2

Would you consider flying on a different day on the way back to save money? Good luck on that! :goodvibes

Hi Tracy! For our October 2008 trip, I had originally planned to come back on Monday night (Columbus Day) but the rates were soooo much cheaper to fly back on Tuesday morning. It was hard getting everyone up and out that early the next morning, but it worked out well. We saved money, plus I got that FULL extra day on Monday. (I guess you can do the math and see if spending another night at the hotel outweighs the price difference on the flight - you might find that it wouldn't be worth it, but it was for us - since there were 8 of us! LOL!)

BTW...don't know if you read my October report or not, but I was there that same weekend! Columbus Day in the MK was blissfully uncrowded! There was a MNSSHP that night and apparently it was sold out, but the daytime hours were fabulous! Don't know if there is party this year on Columbus Day or not, but if you end up staying that extra day, you should consider it! It was great! :goodvibes

Sara

I had a similar problem with Southwest in that I am flying out the Friday of Labor Day weekend. But Soutwest had my non-stop flight listed as "unavailable"...looks like someone bought out the entire plane! So I have to fly to Houston (from MS) and then to Orlando. Which is so backwards. I am still waiting for a DING, too!!

Do you guys go ahead and buy the ticket and then re-book? Or do you wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter