WDW withdrawals so we have to go twice! **New 5/18 Pics from the storm**

That is what I love about Disney movies, they can speak to children as well as adults. Bill and I went to see Bolt without any kids and we will be going to see UP opening weekend!

Pictures?? Oh please tell me there are pictures of this, Bill says he needs to see pictures!!

So sorry, Bill ... no pictures!! :sad1: (This was back when we were dating, so even if there were pictures, I doubt I could find them.)

I'll tell you one thing, I found out why they built homes with such wide doorways back when women wore hoop skirts!!

Kathy

So sorry, Bill ... no pictures!! :sad1: (This was back when we were dating, so even if there were pictures, I doubt I could find them.)

I'll tell you one thing, I found out why they built homes with such wide doorways back when women wore hoop skirts!!

Kathy

:lmao:

Hi! Subbing!

I love the Indiana Jones for Bill. But I am a couple's costume person, so I vote for Wall E and Eve-A. Love love love that movie - my daughter watches it all the time. They have such a beautiful love story. Isn't that a great Disney couple to be?

Hi there Tracy (and Bill) (and Ace)

I've been so busy running around over on the CB collecting tags that I missed the start of your new pre-tr. But I'm here now and will get caught up on all of the reading.

I'm back--it's been too busy with whogirl's birthday last week and then Easter. Whew!

I vote for Wall-e and Eve (unless Bill is just dying to carry a whip? :rolleyes1). You could get a pullover white sweatshirt with a hood and it would be so easy! Yep, I say go for it! Except, I just thought of how dang hot it was two years ago at MNSSHP....that would be miserable. I was still sweating at 11 p.m. because of the humidity. Ok, wear a t-shirt and spray paint your hair white and do white makeup on your face except around the eyes if it's hot?

You're right, this is a lot of trouble!:rotfl:

Ok lurkers, this PTR has over 150 views, am I that boring that you have nothing to say after you read the oddness?

Come on you wanna say hi I know you do. Bill is a cutie, Ace is adorable, and I am goofy, so come on and join the fun already.

Busted!! Ok, I'm a lurker, but in my defense it took me a week to read your past trip reports to get to something recent enough that I could actually post on to say how much I appreciate your reports. You have a wonderful way of pulling a person into your trip and making that person feel like they are there.

Bill is awesome and I would join in a heartbeat if you actually start a "Bill Fan Club". Hmmmm......maybe you could make t-shirts to sell for the fan club and make enough money to buy that Cinderella Castle figurine you wanted.....;)

BTW....loved the Buzz reports and I'm an admitted Ip-Dip Wannabe.:cool1:

I'm here, better late than never, right? I love the spectro chair. I saw a thread months ago about pimped up strollers in the parks and there were quite a few with lights. I will try to find it.

I just realized we are going to overlap a few days. We want to MNSSHP too but not sure which night.

Kathy

Bill is saddened there are no pictures :sad1:, oh did you get bounced back out the door :rotfl:.

Hi Tracy & Bill - I hope you had a Happy Easter yesterday. :goodvibes

So horrible of me to not have been posting here. Yes, we had a good Easter. Bill's parents came, she brought him 2 short sleeved polos and she got me a Mickey and Friends scrapbook kit :thumbsup2. Then when she went to the bathroom his Dad handed us $200. We tried to tell him we didn't want it to take it on their trip to Cancun, but he wouldn't listen.

Hi! Subbing!

I love the Indiana Jones for Bill. But I am a couple's costume person, so I vote for Wall E and Eve-A. Love love love that movie - my daughter watches it all the time. They have such a beautiful love story. Isn't that a great Disney couple to be?

Hello! I love that movie too, they say so much to each other without words :love:.

Hi there Tracy (and Bill) (and Ace)

I've been so busy running around over on the CB collecting tags that I missed the start of your new pre-tr. But I'm here now and will get caught up on all of the reading.

Hi, I am loving the tags. Thanks for reading.

I'm back--it's been too busy with whogirl's birthday last week and then Easter. Whew!

I vote for Wall-e and Eve (unless Bill is just dying to carry a whip? :rolleyes1). You could get a pullover white sweatshirt with a hood and it would be so easy! Yep, I say go for it! Except, I just thought of how dang hot it was two years ago at MNSSHP....that would be miserable. I was still sweating at 11 p.m. because of the humidity. Ok, wear a t-shirt and spray paint your hair white and do white makeup on your face except around the eyes if it's hot?

You're right, this is a lot of trouble!:rotfl:

Hi, there is no way Bill will get a whip :lmao:. Oh Tracy doesn't do sweatshirts, I am a very hot natured person. Thanks for the great ideas, but I am not spray painting my hair white, I do my hardest to keep the white hairs off my head :rotfl2:.

Busted!! Ok, I'm a lurker, but in my defense it took me a week to read your past trip reports to get to something recent enough that I could actually post on to say how much I appreciate your reports. You have a wonderful way of pulling a person into your trip and making that person feel like they are there.

Bill is awesome and I would join in a heartbeat if you actually start a "Bill Fan Club". Hmmmm......maybe you could make t-shirts to sell for the fan club and make enough money to buy that Cinderella Castle figurine you wanted.....;)

BTW....loved the Buzz reports and I'm an admitted Ip-Dip Wannabe.:cool1:

Hello you lurker. Oh my goodness you read my past reports and still decided to post here? You pour dear, I know I am very long winded. I can't believe were still awake long enough to post here. Thank you so the kind words about my TR's. I just try to be as honest as I can be.

Aww, a "Bill Fan Club" would be a good idea, he got a kick out of that.

Buzz is a nut, we were so lucky to meet them last October, I can't wait to see him and Linnie again!!

I'm here, better late than never, right? I love the spectro chair. I saw a thread months ago about pimped up strollers in the parks and there were quite a few with lights. I will try to find it.

I just realized we are going to overlap a few days. We want to MNSSHP too but not sure which night.

Hi Debra, you aren't late at all. Have you ever been to MNSSHP? We can't wait to go back again :yay:.

I know, I have been a bad PTR writer lately

The reasons I haven't been around as much were posted on FB.

I will c/p here though, just skip if it bores you :

Wednesday:

I picked up Bill from work today. He has worked part time for an Independent living center for over a year now. They give him crap work, newsletters etc, even though they know he can do more. He created their website and made it completely accessible for people with all different types of disabilities.

Well they asked him today how many hours would he really need to do the newsletter. This tells him that they aren't going to even let him try other things although they know he has 3 degrees and has almost completed his masters in Rehabilitation Administration and they are looking to cut his hours.

They have another person in the office that is an intern, he is in a wheelchair but has no speech impediment, they are looking to hire him full time. Bill is heartbroken and so am I.

Later that day:

He said he knew they would hire the other guy because of his speech.

He said he feels like he is going to school for nothing and that he thinks if an independent living center won't give him a chance that no one probably will. He said "but I have to try". He tries so hard it just breaks my heart.

Thursday:

In the class he has this semester the teacher gives points for assignments, Bill said to get an "A" he has to have 280. He had 202 as of Thursday morning, most people in the class had about 160. This shows how hard he works, he made a plan at the beginning of the semester to do the assignments with the most points to get his "A" faster. The teacher gave them 2 opportunities to make extra points on Thursday. By the end of that day he had racked up 22 more points, he also had assignments yet to be graded, so he will have 284 by the time those are graded. He emailed his teacher last night telling him he would not be back in class. The teacher emailed back "Ok, good job, that is a great place to be in isn't it".

Friday:

We had some appointments including a doctor's appt so he could sign off on paperwork to possibly get Bill a new wheelchair. This time with tilt to help him with all the cramping he has. This man suffers more pain in one day then the average person does in a month , he amazes me.

Then we have been having some ticker issues the Enchanted ticker site and I was dealing with that for a couple days. I think I got them straightened out finally, it was driving me crazy!!

This weekend:

We just caught up on movies we had but hadn't watched, just boring stuff. I plan on posting a real PTR update tomorrow some time.

We just caught up on movies we had but hadn't watched, just boring stuff. I plan on posting a real PTR update tomorrow some time.

Yay! :yay: I've missed you around here!

I really feel for Bill; he deserves better. It's so hard for everyone in this current economy. He's such a good student; I wonder if he could tutor?? He certainly seems to have the patience for it! :teacher:

Kathy

Yay an update! That stinks about Bill's job. He is obviously very intelligent, and I hope he keeps trying!

Glad to see you are back Tracy. Tell Bill not to give up; the fact that he keeps trying measures his success much more than being offered a job.

Yay! :yay: I've missed you around here!

I really feel for Bill; he deserves better. It's so hard for everyone in this current economy. He's such a good student; I wonder if he could tutor?? He certainly seems to have the patience for it! :teacher:

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, I have missed you too!! I think he wants as far away from school work as he can get.

Yay an update! That stinks about Bill's job. He is obviously very intelligent, and I hope he keeps trying!

Hi Katie! He is the kind of man that will never give up.

That stinks about his job. I hope this just means that he will get something better. :hug:

Yes, we went to MNSSHP last year and had a blast! I described it well here with pics
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28682527&postcount=63

Hi Debra, your MNSSHP pictures were fantastic!

Glad to see you are back Tracy. Tell Bill not to give up; the fact that he keeps trying measures his success much more than being offered a job.

Hello, he will never give up on anything he really wants.

Thanks Carissa :hug:.

If you have seen any of my other reports I sometimes decide I need to make things for the trip. Here are some examples from our trip in 11/07:

Mousekeeping Envelopes:

tripstuffenvelopes3.jpg

tripstuffenvelopes2.jpg

tripstuffenvelopes1.jpg

Notebooks etc:

tripjournalfrontandback.jpg

spiralnotebookforthistrip.jpg

spiralnotebookfornexttrip.jpg

Window cling from June 2008 trip:

9ccddec6.jpg

Stuff from Oct. 2008 trip:

Tink shirt I designed and had made from zazzle.com (It is a little big, but still being worn at some point for Ip-Dip II weekend):

Front:

012-1.jpg

Back:

017.jpg

My trip journal 2008:

Front:

Tracybookfront.jpg

Back:

Tracybookback.jpg

The trip journal I made for Amy 2008:

Front:

Amybookfront.jpg

Back:

Amybookback.jpg

I saw all that stuff and decided I was seriously slacking for this trip, so this is what I have come up with so far:

Front Oct. 09:

006-1.jpg

Back Oct. 09:

016.jpg

I glued this so I can pull them off and replace them for another design for the December trip:

Front Dec. 09

008.jpg

Back Dec. 09

012.jpg

I bet you are thinking “Hmmm, what is this mysterious December trip that Tracy speaks of?” Well, I am so glad you asked. Even though you can see by that cover and my ticker I will explain how the trip came to be. Bill and I had originally scheduled a trip for Star Wars Weekend in June for the 5th -12th. We were going to go for his birthday. We had a great time last summer even though it was very hot for this “pooh sized” trip report writer.

We had the trip almost completely paid for in February, then Bill looked at his University’s summer schedule. OMG he couldn’t believe it, the last two classes he needed for his master’s degree were both there right in front of him on the computer screen. Well that changed everything, no summer WDW trip
cry3.gif
. I knew it was for the best, one is an accelerated two week course (8am-12pm every day for those 2 weeks) and the other one only lasts 6 weeks.

Then I got an AP 40% off code for room only, so we picked Oct. 25th – Oct. 31st. We were going to go for MNSSHP. Then the Ip-Dippers started yapping, I mean suggesting that I should come to WDW then. As I stated in a previous post I crumbled under the pressure and moved the money to that trip. (Still sad that we am missing KathyRN) Bill promised me I could stalk her, I mean see her if they go in 2010. So Kathy you have fair warning now.

Bill thought it would be fun to go closer to Christmas so we could take in all the holiday spirit. I looked on my handy dandy 40% off room only code mailer:

December 13th – 20th, 2009 was included in the dates.

Well you know what happens when 40% off come into play. You get out your calculator and play “DISNEY FUZZY MATH”!!!!. You know the internal talk you have with yourself: I have this much money to spend, but if we take off 40% we can go here instead of there. Yes, I know it plays right into their hands. We could be putting that 40% off into our pocket and be happy, but NO we have to upgrade the resort and give it right back to Disney. I am such a foolish mortal, I know, but Bill said “you wanted Ip-Dip, I want the Poly”.

THE POLY!!!

What, huh? How can a 4 day trip for Ip-Dip and POR even compare to a 7 day/6 night trip to the Poly? I must avoid the piercing blue eyes and their mesmerizing stare. Yeah, that worked for all of about 5 minutes. So I got on the phone and booked the Polynesian Resort, but for Dec. 13th – 19th. I am still shaking my head like this guy>>>
sadno.gif
but I am not blue, if I was I wouldn’t be typing I would be on my way to the hospital because something would be terribly wrong, but I digress.

We could have AKL Savannah View for what this is costing for goodness sakes, but I get the monorail argument, you know “we just hop on the monorail and are on our way to two parks.” He forgets we have never tried to get on a monorail at park opening/closing. I am sure it is an utter madhouse.

I figured I would just discuss both of the trips here, so this PTR is now a twofer. I have months and months before the trips so this gives me more to talk about!!

Next installment… SouthWest dings? Why hasn’t there been one from St. Louis to Orlando ALL YEAR???

Tracy,

Tell Bill to keep his head up. Where a door closes then a window is opened. I understand he feels frustrated but I just don't see how someone with his intelligence and drive would have been satisfied with the newsletter job anyway. I believe that something more challenging and satisfying is waiting for him. I pray it comes sooner than later. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter