WDW withdrawals so we have to go twice! **New 5/18 Pics from the storm**

I'm so sorry you had to cancel that trip, Tracy. :hug:

The Poly sounds amazing, though, so maybe canceling the IpDip trip will make the Christmas trip even better!

I'm definitely in for the new TR!

I am so sorry to hear about your canceling the trip.

The Poly at Christmas sounds so wonderful!! I would love to stay there so I can't wait to read about that trip. I hope you write another PTR. And Gatlinburg is a great place to visit too.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around. Things have been stressful here with Bill's research paper, etc. We have been arguing over stupid stuff and finally sat down today to talk. Having two trips scheduled is just too much, he wants to do other things than Disney :eek: :sad1: and money would have been stretched really tight which was causing me problems (everyone knows I am a worry wart anyway).

So it is with sadness that I have to inform you that we have cancelled the Ip Dip trip, something had to give and the Poly at Christmas is Bill's dream trip, I couldn't let that go. I will very much miss everyone this year, but we had to make this decision.

After about a week I am going to ask that the mods delete this PTR all together, I might start another one right now I am not sure, I am just sad today :sad:.

I'm so sorry Tracy :hug:. Please do a PTR for your December trip. :hug: :hug:

Tracy,

I'm so sorry that you had to let one of your trips go. I hope your time at the Poly is all the more sweet at Christmas time! :hug:

As an aside: BroganMc on the DVC board just posted that the Characters in Flight Balloon ride is wheelchair accessible. I may be mistaken, but didn't you say that Bill is interested in this?

Shan

Thank you so much everyone, sorry I am not replying individually.

On Friday afternoon we had what the weather service is caling an "in land hurricane" the winds got up to over 105 mph. Trees down all over our town, power out for a majority of So. Illinois. Our county and 2 others have been declared state disaster areas. We live in an 8 story building on the 5th floor and the generator was only going to be running the elevators for abou 48 hours. No way were we going to stay there with no power, we have been told it might be Tuesday or later before the power is back on, we decided to go to Bill's parents in Indiana. The problem... not enough gas to get there, but we found a Kroger today and after spending over 3 hours in line we got gas :banana:.

We are safely in Indiana, with Ace, can you believe it the shedding dog is in Bill's parents home. We will see how it goes. His mom has covered many sitting surfaces already with sheets/blankets :lmao:. He was a mess throughout the storms and is asleep on the bed already. I have been stressed out for 2 days now so am finally getting sleepy.

Thanks for reading along with our crazy life.

I'm so glad you guys are safe! And so sad you had to cancel your trip. Please keep us all updated on your lives!

Oh no!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

We had quite a storm here last night and I was skeerd! :scared1:

I only lost power for 30 min...thank goodness!

I really, really feel for you. We had no power after Katrina for almost 2 weeks (we are 2 hours inland!) and I know what THAT looks like. No fun at all. Hot. No gasoline. Ruh! :grouphug:

Hang in there and keep us posted!!! :hug:

Hey Guys, glad you're all safe and didn't wind up getting stranded!

What a harrowing weekend you had... no wonder you haven't been around!

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're okay...

Kathy :hug:

Thanks everyone. The power came back on last night around 8pm. We are going home tomorrow. I hope to try to catch up here and on Enchanted this weekend.

I just found your report and now its over. I was really enjoying your report. You must start a new one. Christmas at the Poly is a lot to talk about. I know how disappointing it is to cancel a trip we did last year we were planning a March 2008 trip but new job with less money-but it allows me to be at home more. Ended up working out great and I got to go in December instead which was so much better with all the Christmas stuff. Start a new report it will make you feel better.:hug:

I just found your report and now its over. I was really enjoying your report. You must start a new one. Christmas at the Poly is a lot to talk about. I know how disappointing it is to cancel a trip we did last year we were planning a March 2008 trip but new job with less money-but it allows me to be at home more. Ended up working out great and I got to go in December instead which was so much better with all the Christmas stuff. Start a new report it will make you feel better.:hug:

Welcome, thanks for reading. I will probably start a PTR after we get back from a trip to Nashville in June.

Thanks everyone. Ace is still a mess at any noise, shaking and getting in my lap constantly. I am a little nervous still, the entire town looks like every block has some type of damage. I took some pictures when we were on our way to Indiana. This doesn't even begin to show the real damage:

May2009stormindianapictures001.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures003.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures004.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures005.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures007.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures009.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures014.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures015.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures016.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures018.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures024.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures026.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures027.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures036.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures037.jpg

May2009stormindianapictures042.jpg

I feel for you guys!!! :hug:

Did you get your power back?

There is nothing fun about all of that. I wish I could tell you it will all be cleaned up in a few months...but we are 13 months away from a tornado that hit my street and there are still blue tarps on roofs...Evidently it takes a while to get insurance money and then the contractors take their time, too.

Hang in there!!!!!

How scary, Tracy! Being on the coast we see our share of hurricane damage and it never ceases to amaze me at the power of Mother Nature! Nothing to mess around with! Glad you guys are safe! :hug:

Sara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter