• on Disney Wonder

• on Disney Dream

• on Disney Fantasy

• 3 or 4 night

• 7+ night

• East Coast departure

• West Coast departure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Holly- saying a prayer for your friend. Luckily, thyroid cancer is one of the most treatable kinds. One of my college friends was diagnosed with it almost ten years ago and has been fine- even having healthy pregnancies. My cousin was also diagnosed recently and after a surgery to remove part of the thyroid, her prognosis is good. Hoping your friend has the same kind of experience.

Holly- saying a prayer for your friend. Luckily, thyroid cancer is one of the most treatable kinds. One of my college friends was diagnosed with it almost ten years ago and has been fine- even having healthy pregnancies. My cousin was also diagnosed recently and after a surgery to remove part of the thyroid, her prognosis is good. Hoping your friend has the same kind of experience.

That's very reassuring! Thanks! She's on her way in soon. Her husband is keeping a group of us updated by group texts.

No time for me to catch up here right now, will after work. Just hopping on for a request. Prayers please. Tyler's best friend Hunter, the boy who was recently over for a sleepover, and I used to pick him and his sister up from school last year, their mom is one of my best friends, Libby. She recently had a biopsy of her thyroid and it was undetermined whether there is cancer. So this morning she is having surgery to remove part of her thyroid and when they're in there they will be able to see if the whole thing is cancerous and if so will remove the whole thing. The uncertainty is awful, so any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.

sending lots of prayers and pixie dust!!!

sending lots of prayers and pixie dust!!!

Thanks! She is out of surgery and in recovery. The doctor only took the bad half of her thyroid. Said looked ok but have to wait on the culture to know for sure, those results won't be here for about 5 days.

Thanks! She is out of surgery and in recovery. The doctor only took the bad half of her thyroid. Said looked ok but have to wait on the culture to know for sure, those results won't be here for about 5 days.

holly

I am sorry to hear about it and it is horrible news for you and I hope everything go well for her.

Scottishwee35

holly

I am sorry to hear about it and it is horrible news for you and I hope everything go well for her.

Scottishwee35

Thanks! She's still very out of it but is about to be released from hospital and her husband is about to try to get her home so she can sleep.

How is she doing today?

Jan

Yesterday she was pretty loopy from pain meds. Today a bit better. She said she felt better as the day went on but still pretty dizzy from pain meds, but down to only one pain pill every 4 hours. I'll check again tomorrow. The kids went to her husband's parents' house for the weekend so she could recover in peace and quiet. :)

So sorry about your friend Holly. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Amy, my cousin Jeff's wife, just had her whole thyroid removed because of cancer. She pulled through like a pro and is doing well now. They got all the cancer and she's fine. She needs to remain on meds permanently, but she's good to go.

Well, we're officially homeless.....living in a hotel without any of our things. hahaha. We'll be here two weeks by the time our things arrive this week. I can't wait to get into the house. Even though this hotel is very nice, I want to go home and I want all my things.

Just got word, she got her results back just now. No cancer! Woohoo! She needs to celebrate! :)

Well, we're officially homeless.....living in a hotel without any of our things. hahaha. We'll be here two weeks by the time our things arrive this week. I can't wait to get into the house. Even though this hotel is very nice, I want to go home and I want all my things.

soon! soon!

Holly....

YAY!!!! you should take her out for a drink or at least some good frozen yogurt!

Just got word, she got her results back just now. No cancer! Woohoo! She needs to celebrate! :)

Great way to start my day!! :yay:

We have decluttered big time. We have a storage unit full of boxes and some furniture that we can live without for two years, a neighbor's across-the-hall-storage-closet with special items the realtor calls clutter but we will want in the apartment the next two years. Things we will need but are not considered clutter in the condo and we have given away mugs, some winter coats, clothing that is too small (if we lose the weight we will buy new!!) and we had had 8 showings.

No hot prospects. I figure we are weeding out candidates to find a perfect new neighbor for the others who live in our building. We are in no rush--Tom won't retire for two years. But when we sell we will know what we can afford. The idea is a central Florida condo but only God know for sure.

Good goal Jan!

I have to start to clear out lots of clutter... I have closets with crap in them that can go...

Just gettin this off of page whatever that it sank to...

With everyone traveling or moving to FL... nobody's here anymore... :sad:

Don't worry... I will pull the Plankman away from his desk duties from time to time (he's negotiating pizza lunch and happy hour for one of the friendies in her new contract...) so he can keep this thread going... :surfweb:

Not much guilt there in THAT now is there??? :rotfl::rotfl:

Evening all,

Part 21....wow....just seeing your names again brings back great memories

Will be keeping a closer eye on the group, have missed so much

Welcome back!

I see you're doing the TCM cruise... very cool!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter