WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Sounds good to me... Everyone in our party (except me) will be 60 or older at the time of the cruise. If we remember to come I'd be happy to help the Geezers find their rooms... Although I may be tied up for a bit with my own Geezers! ;-)

:lmao::rotfl2:

MrsMork said:
we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training)

This always make me snicker. Any Brits in here who care to tell what a "git" is? It's not a nice term. LOL!

Sent via my iThingy

This always make me snicker. Any Brits in here who care to tell what a "git" is? It's not a nice term. LOL!

Sent via my iThingy

It was shared by our Brit friends that this word would not be used in polite company :snooty: across the pond....but, they assured us they would look the other way when we type it. :rotfl: It takes so long to type Geezers in Training each time! :flower3:

I bin beeindruckt... alles in Englisch?

Ja klar! :) Du sprichst aber auch sehr gut Deutsch! Oder bist du ursprünglich aus Deutschland?
(And just in case, here comes the translation - I just complimented you on your great German! Are you originally from Germany too?)

Here's the graphic
WonderingJess.png

Cool, I like that!

The Geezer Meets - now known affectionately as FOG, (Fellowship of Geezers, Federation of Geezers or just that we now live in a fog :sad2: :rotfl:) was formed on the PC 2008 cruise. We meet nightly, or when we remember and can stay awake at Cove Cafe. We laugh and enjoy whatever drink and food suits our fancy. popcorn:: A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. There will be other founding members onboard with us - Cork (Corinne) and Rich, Marilyn (Grandmaz) and John. We would love to have your parents, or any others interested, join us. We are a welcoming, friendly group. :grouphug:

Sounds very inviting - I am only approaching 40 but I may drop by for a night or so! :wave2:

annichan said:
Sounds very inviting - I am only approaching 40 but I may drop by for a night or so! :wave2:

Me too. I have my 38th birthday, oh wait I meant the 17th anniversary of my 21st birthday, March 1. I will be at WDW for it. My better half is now having fun reminding me that I am in triple digits now until my 40th. I guess I should not have had so much fun with hers. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Here is the link:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/Lexa007/DCL/

The second one is larger version.

Thank you. What a lot of hard work, you are so clever.

It was shared by our Brit friends that this word would not be used in polite company :snooty: across the pond....but, they assured us they would look the other way when we type it. :rotfl: It takes so long to type Geezers in Training each time! :flower3:

I see the English 'word' as almost an affectionate term though I guess most Brits wouldn't. However as a Geezer I don't have to worry about being called a GIT anyway!!:rotfl2:

: A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. We are a welcoming, friendly group. :grouphug:

We are GITs getting perilously close to full Geezerdom so we may join you if y'all are still going after late dinner. I think we stopped by once on the 2010 WBTA...

I would like to join the Champagne Girls. :cutie:

You're on the list...

The Geezer Meets - now known affectionately as FOG, (Fellowship of Geezers, Federation of Geezers or just that we now live in a fog :sad2: :rotfl:) was formed on the PC 2008 cruise. We meet nightly, or when we remember and can stay awake at Cove Cafe. We laugh and enjoy whatever drink and food suits our fancy. popcorn:: A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. There will be other founding members onboard with us - Cork (Corinne) and Rich, Marilyn (Grandmaz) and John. We would love to have your parents, or any others interested, join us. We are a welcoming, friendly group. :grouphug:

FOG.:lmao: Wow we are Founding Foggers. Meet the Foggers! :rotfl:

Sorry I couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

I didn't see an answer, so I want to post again.

We were unable to reserve first check in at the port, but are interested in looking in to upgrading. How does that work? Will they let us in before our check-in time if we tell them we are wanting to upgrade?

WestCoastNovaks said:

We were unable to reserve first check in at the port, but are interested in looking in to upgrading. How does that work? Will they let us in before our check-in time if we tell them we are wanting to upgrade?

Not sure. Hopefully someone has sailed out of Miami before and can tell us. I'm guessing different rules than Canaveral.

Sent via my iThingy

My husband and I would love to join Geezers . See you after the show . Love the hot chocolate at the cove . Where exactly do you meet up there?

I have not seen anyone turned away when trying to check-in regardless of what time their scheduled check-in time was. I noticed that those with later times got higher boarding numbers but were still allowed to check-in early then go to the supervisors station to ask about upgrades.

I have read that people have been turned away but have witnessed people with late times checking in early.

Oh I can clean that off :)

When you clean off the edible greeting, you will see just a dinner plate. So if you are into taking home the tableware, then have at it, ROFLOL!

When we arrived at the Port in LA for our Hawaii cruise, the line stretched far away to get into the building. So check in times did not matter I guess. Problem was, there was only one single cabin available for upgrade, and the second party in line took it. :)

Looking forward to the Geezer Meets again. I still have my little gold pin that I received when I joined on the 2010 WBTA.

CarolAnnC said:
When you clean off the edible greeting, you will see just a dinner plate. So if you are into taking home the tableware, then have at it, ROFLOL!

When we arrived at the Port in LA for our Hawaii cruise, the line stretched far away to get into the building. So check in times did not matter I guess. Problem was, there was only one single cabin available for upgrade, and the second party in line took it. :)

The Hawaii cruises also sold out a lot faster than this one. We never had a wait to enter the Port of LA for the MRs.

I sailed on Dec. 23, which was the first day out of Miami. I drove to the port, dropped my kids and the luggage, and then went back into the city to park. By the time I got back I think is was about 11. I think people were lined up to go into the terminal when I first got there, but there were people everywhere as the EBPC people were still trying to get taxis and shuttles. There is not a huge area out in front of the terminal. I think our PAT was either 12-12:30 or 12:30-1 (we ended up with boarding group 10), but it was probably about 11 and we got to go in to the terminal. They check your documents at the door, but I think they just wanted to make sure you were on the cruise and had them (it was someone who works for the port, not a border patrol or Disney person. Then you go up the stairs, then you go through security like at the airport (there were 3 or 4 scanner stations), and you go down a long hallway and there are the check in windows on the right. The first window is where you go for upgrades, but you have to check in first. About 1/4 of the way down there were 2 lines, one for Castaway and one for everyone else (probably a foreign passport line too but I don't know where). There were only about 4 people in front of us for the Castaway line, but the other line was really really long, and one of the groups next to us had something like 14 people/14 passports.

There were no upgrades available for our cruise, or at least that's what she said. Maybe they were all taken by 11:20, but if so I think there then would have been at least 1-2 rooms available (from the people who upgraded?).

On our cruise, it looks like there are still 5 concierge rooms, but it's hard to know. Sometimes it says sold out, sometimes it says just one 00T, other times 5. Sometimes there are 6A verandahs, sometimes not. I really have never seen a cruise change availability so much, sometimes during the same day.

So for all that, I think they will let you in earlier than your PAT, but the entire terminal might not be open before 10 or 10:30, and if you are waiting outside it is not a nice place - sort of like passenger pick up at an airport.

Nancy

Your boarding number is tied to your PAT. So even if you show up early, and don't want a upgrade, you will get a boarding number based on your time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter