• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Wow, this is really cool...it's the most people I've met on the DIS who speak German yet! I took 4 years of it (about a zillion years ago now, I've forgotten most of it), mostly because where I went to high school was a VERY German area! I wish I were as fluent as I was after 4 solid years of studying...:sad2:

Well, in case you want to practice your German, we're always happy to talk in our mother tongue! Especially DH, he understands English totally well but he is not so used to speaking it, so it gets tiresome for him after a while and he turns into the Enigmatic Quiet Guy :thumbsup2

Our anniversary is also June but we will consider this cruise as our anniversary . It will be 46 years for us. Anyone else ?? B

Our anniversary is May 29, and we will consider this our anniversary as well. We have a LONG way to go until your 46 years though - it is 5 for us! Not much, I know - but I still can't believe how fast those years have gone, it feels like yesterday that I planned our wedding and our WDW honeymoon :)

Our anniversary is also June but we will consider this cruise as our anniversary . It will be 46 years for us. Anyone else ?? B

Will be 46 for us this year also, but not until Oct 6. I think we will not consider this our anniversary trip so that we can go to WDW for our anniversary trip! :thumbsup2:dance3:

It will be our anniversary cruise too. We celebrate on April 29th and it will be 10 years. We are older parents with young kids. We always joke that we were looking for each other for so long, went through all our crazy young years first and then finally met and started a family :)

Congratulations! We've got a ways to catch up, but will be celebrating our 20th anniversary on May 15th (Armed Forces Day! LOL ) with a Palo Brunch!

Happy Goofy said:

40 years for my father-and-mother-in-law on May 19th.
10 years for my brother-and-sister-in-law on May 17th.
And 3 years since my husband and I eloped on May 5th. (We have a separate wedding anniversary.)

I have set up the new Roll Call here and added everyone who has contacted me so far.

Anybody who is not in it yet but wants to be, just let me know!

Could you please add us too?

Kumiko(38), Ken(40) and Ocean DS4

We are from Seattle.

Looking forward to meeting other DISers :goodvibes

How nice that there are so many anniversaries! And a big congrats to anyone over 10+ years of marriage! That is really something these days.

We will celebrate #8 in June. They've all flown by so far:goodvibes

Private Mixology Class Update:
I received an email back from DCL. I will need to know the first AND last name of each person participating, along with your cabin number. You MUST be 21 or over, no excpetions! The cost of the Mixology Class will be charged to your cabin, and there will be no refunds once I submit the final list (this won't happen until about 2 weeks before cruise time.) As soon as I know how much per person, I will let you know, but generally it's no more than the non-private classes (last year that was $20/person). There will be a MAXIMUM of 49 people per class. If we go over this number, DCL will split us into two groups and we will schedule classes on two different days. If this happens and you would like to attend both classes, we'll work it all out when I know more details from DCL. I have set up a sign up so your information isn’t displayed to the public. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YjlUdXTMBTRtdNapm9HRhED9hFGhG__9wjecBJ8FJ2s/viewform

I might be interested in the mixology. I would like to know what will be sampled? I am only asking cause I can't even sip tequila. If I do bad things would happen.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Wow 46 years. Congrats! On May 26 it will be 5 years...of course we've been together since Sept of 2000 so 12.5 years. I wanted to get married but DH wanted to finish school and get stable first. He got me to agree by telling me that if waited I could have any wedding I wanted. So that's how I got my Disney wedding. We had plenty of time to save up! :goodvibes

I might be interested in the mixology. I would like to know what will be sampled? I am only asking cause I can't even sip tequila. If I do bad things would happen.

The drinks (usually) are

Classic Martini
Mojito
Margarita
Sunken Treasure
B-52 (tri layered shot)

Alexis Green said:
The drinks (usually) are

Classic Martini
Mojito
Margarita
Sunken Treasure
B-52 (tri layered shot)

Is there tequila in a sunken tresure?

Is there tequila in a sunken tresure?

From A Cup of Disney website:

Sunken Treasure

1 oz Malibu coconut Rum
1 oz Midori
1oz Orange juice
1oz Pineapple juice
.05 oz Curacao
Splash of Sprite
Pour Malibu rum, Midori, Curacao, orange juice and pineapple juice into ice filled beverage/martini shaker. Shake it up. Strain into a glass.
Top with Sprite.

Alright I will sign up. Anyone want to trade a Sunken Treasure for a Margarita? Thanks for the info.

Yep, our 14th anniversary will be May 29th. We decided before we got married that we'd always try to take a trip as our anniversary present to each other (memories last longer than stuff!), so sometimes we celebrate in April, sometimes May, sometimes June... just depends on how the scheduling works out with where we want to go!

It's nice that this trip happens to coincide with Mother's Day. Makes it even better.

LindaBabe said:
Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Home from 20 days at WDW. Blizzard predicted.

GoinPlaces63, my husband is 3rd generation American, but all his forefamily were German. I was the first non-Germanic woman to marry into the family - but I'm the only one left who speaks the language.

all!

Sounds like there may be a German speaking group on this trip too!

Happy Goofy said:

Mom and Dad are celebrating a belated 50th and we are on the ship on our 26th!

GROUP HOTEL DISCOUNT:
DoubleTree Biscayne Bay (by Hilton), 1717 North Bayshore Drive
$149 (plus taxes) available for your choice of 5/4 and / or 5/5.

Located about 1 - 1.5 miles from Bayside Marketplace
www.baysidemarketplace.com

We have the group discount program IN PLACE ... have the ability to add a few more rooms. As with any discount promotion, any booking is non-refundable. Questions? Interested? Please PM me (do not respond online, as I do not see all posts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter