• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ways in which the average dis'er

I didn't know how to butter and eat my dinner roll until a previous post explained it
I had to cremate my dad using my credit card because I didn't have the money for a funeral or even a plot ~ I love and miss my dad
I only have one bathroom
I'm not married but live in sin with my boyfriend who is 12 years Older then me
I didn't buy any of my children a car
I have a mortgage
I have a car payment
I do not have health insurance
I don't tell my boyfriend how much money I have or have not
I make my bed but I do not make my grand daughter's bed
I do not coupon
I pay for my yearly vacation in monthly installments
I am not taking my boyfriend to Disney because he complains ..... A lot... Not because "it's a girl trip"
I shop at Walmart
I sometimes pick my nose while driving

Y'know, I rarely come to the boards unless we have an upcoming trip which requires research, OR we have an upcoming trip, and I just can't wait and feel the need to live vicariously through others until the great day arrives.

I clearly have missed far more than I previously realized. Especially that buttered roll thing...

I have found, I don't get so upset over what others say to me. You can call me darling sweetie, or hun no biggie to me. You can either say Thanks, No Problem Your welcome or nothing it not going to bother me.

I also don't care if I get a thank you card if I give a gift.

I don't care if somebody says No Problem. I have so many bigger things to worry about then that. I figure at least they heard and acknowledged me.

I have found, I don't get so upset over what others say to me. You can call me darling sweetie, or hun no biggie to me. You can either say Thanks, No Problem Your welcome or nothing it not going to bother me.

I also don't care if I get a thank you card if I give a gift.

That's it! I'm blaming you two for the barbaric actions of the people who serve me! I just can't even... *clutching pearls*

I'm a native Texan, born and raised in Houston (before it was nicknamed the air-conditioned city!) and now living in Austin. I HATE the heat. It's just that I know how to cope with it, and I'm vain enough to feel superior when I hear or read a complaint about the temperature reaching 88 degrees somewhere up north.

Do we need to spin off a light-hearted thread about buttering bread? Not a serious one, like the thread of fond memory!! I have a favorite way that might prove entertaining.

Please start a spin off, and DO TELL your fav way, please.

Apparently I was a bad mom because I didn't find it cute for my young'uns to correct total strangers' responses to "thank you". I must have stifled their sense of public responsibility to a terrible degree. It's a wonder they didn't all turn out criminals or living on the street.

I also don't follow posters, know their styles and remember how many children they have or how much they spent on their last vacation. I don't recognize them if they come back in under another name. You have to be extreme in some way for me to remember enough about you to remember things. Don't have the time or energy.

And I usually avoid those threads that go on for days. I get bored and figure it's over only, for some reason it isn't. I never followed the bread and butter thread. I guess I missed it. Have to search for it unless, of course it's locked up somewhere.

1. I often want to correct others English but I don't.

I envy your self control. I have a hard time biting my tongue on that one sometimes! The voting displays for our town's festival queen this year used an apostrophe for the plural of "Days" in the name of the festival. Not on one, like it was an accident. On all of them, at 5 locations all over town. And the letters were cut out with a Cricut or something similar, not typed, white lettering on a black background. "Someone" may or may not have filled in that misplaced apostrophe with a black Sharpie on a couple of those displays. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter