Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

would the swan or dolphin rooms work better for a family of 2 adults, 2 kids (7 and 11) and a baby/toddler?

Is it possible to hook up a portable DVD player to the TV in the Swan resort rooms?

Thanks,
Kate

I hooked up our laptop to an HDMI port and screen emulated Netflix to the room's TV. So, if your DVD player has an HDMI cable, you can definitely use it. If not, I am unsure. I wasn't looking for any other kinds of ports on the TV

The Swan is smaller, more compact, Dolphin is very big, sprawling. Dolphin has Picabu, the 24 hour quick service. Ice cream spot, part of Fresh, is at the Dolphin. Swan has a better continental quick breakfast counter. Pool area is equidistant from both, possibly a bit longer at the Dolphin, if you are in a real distantly located room. Dolphin is more busy, Swan more sedate. I like the Swan. HAve enjoyed it the past two years with my daughter and her 2 boys, as well as many trips prior.

The Swan is smaller, more compact, Dolphin is very big, sprawling. Dolphin has Picabu, the 24 hour quick service. Ice cream spot, part of Fresh, is at the Dolphin. Swan has a better continental quick breakfast counter. Pool area is equidistant from both, possibly a bit longer at the Dolphin, if you are in a real distantly located room. Dolphin is more busy, Swan more sedate. I like the Swan. HAve enjoyed it the past two years with my daughter and her 2 boys, as well as many trips prior.

thank you! very helpful descriptions - can't wait until our trip - I think we are more into the sedate-at least when in the hotel room!

If we are going to split a stay between Dolphin and another Disney resort, which one is better to do first?

ETA: I mean the order- Dolphin first or other resort first. Not which other resort.

I would do the lesser deluxe of the two first. Better to step up than down.
Thanks, Dan. I was thinking along those lines too, and when we decide on the other resort, I may have that question about which is more deluxe. If we do something like AOA, then I think we would have to do that one second for the kids' sake. But does it make a difference in regards to the logistics? Like getting Magic Bands or if we are going to do a meal plan for the other portion of our stay? I am under the impression that the Dolphin was "pretty much" a like a Disney property, but I know it's not in every way. We probably wouldn't use the Magical Express, so I'm not worried about that. This would be our first trip ever to the parks, second stay at Dolphin.

If you booked AoA, or other Disney resort, you would get MB's before your trip, which you could use while staying at S/D (other than for a room key while at S/D). I guess charging also, while at S/D. And no ME to the Dolphin. Meal plan fine at AoA, not S/D.

Great, thanks! That highlights the differences for me, and it doesn't seem that I would need to start at AoA in order to make everything work. I see questions all the time about linking reservations and things, but I'm not to that point yet. I appreciate the help.

Just wanted to say hi to my old Dolphin friends! Some good news on this end - DD was accepted to the DCP! She graduates college in May and the internship is August to January! She's hoping to stay in a permanent position after that! :-)

Just wanted to say hi to my old Dolphin friends! Some good news on this end - DD was accepted to the DCP! She graduates college in May and the internship is August to January! She's hoping to stay in a permanent position after that! :-)
Nice, congratulations to her, and you guys. Sounds like she was brought up well. :thumbsup2

Nice, congratulations to her, and you guys. Sounds like she was brought up well. :thumbsup2

Thank you, Dan! We are so proud of her! Her dream is to work in Disney casting or guest relations - hopefully this is the first step toward that journey!! (Looks like we might be moving to Florida someday! Lol)

Congratulations to your daughter! My DD started the DCP in September 2014; extended through May 2015; now looking to extend through the summer! She LOVES working at WDW! She has one more year of college and is transferring to UCF! She's deliriously happy with the decision she made to do the DCP! I'm sure your DD will feel the same! :thumbsup2

Congratulations to your daughter! My DD started the DCP in September 2014; extended through May 2015; now looking to extend through the summer! She LOVES working at WDW! She has one more year of college and is transferring to UCF! She's deliriously happy with the decision she made to do the DCP! I'm sure your DD will feel the same! :thumbsup2

Thank you! DD decided to wait until last semester of college to apply so that she will have graduated and can stay in Florida without worrying about returning to school or transferring. Just praying she will continue with a professional internship and full time position! Such exciting time for these kids! :-)

That's great too, Laura. Congratulations to everyone!!

So. I just booked Dolphin for one night since I can't get all the nights I want at BW. I think I read something about you can maybe get a free upgrade even if you have never stayed on any SPG resorts before?

Are the Grand Deluxe rooms in the Swan the only rooms getting the new decor, or will eventually all the rooms have it?

Are the Grand Deluxe rooms in the Swan the only rooms getting the new decor, or will eventually all the rooms have it?

I believe "grand deluxe rooms" is a new term used for the renovated rooms. I assume when all the rooms are done, they'll go back to being called just "deluxe".

So. I just booked Dolphin for one night since I can't get all the nights I want at BW. I think I read something about you can maybe get a free upgrade even if you have never stayed on any SPG resorts before?
I would request one, indicating 'if possible', here on the concierge site, http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm and then again at checkin, if not given one during the checkin process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter