Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Perhaps a weird question, but do they have the same check-in policies as the Disney resorts?

Specifically wondering about early morning check-in. Disney allows you to check in around 6 or 7am. (Of course, your room may not be available until 3pm.)

We are staying one night at CBR prior to our Dolphin stay. (Dolphin was unavailable) That morning I will be attending a class at DHS with our three kids that starts at 7:45. My plan was for DH to drop us off at HS, check in at the Dolphin, and then meet up with us a few hours later when the class is over.

Yes, you can check-in early, leave your baggage at the bell stand, and be assigned a room later.

Odd question, but how good is the wifi at Swan? We are going on our surprise trip next week , and I am just curious,.

I am on a 4 day weekend vacation at a TN resort, and I have found good WIFI at a hotel is something that is taken for granted until you need it.. heh (it has taken me over 2 hours during non peak times in day JUST to send business email on Outlook here)..>_>

Odd question, but how good is the wifi at Swan? We are going on our surprise trip next week , and I am just curious,.

I am on a 4 day weekend vacation at a TN resort, and I have found good WIFI at a hotel is something that is taken for granted until you need it.. heh (it has taken me over 2 hours during non peak times in day JUST to send business email on Outlook here)..>_>

I have been less than impressed with WiFi throughout Disney. At The Swan (and The Dolphin for that matter) it is practically nonexistent. One member of our party needed to conduct business while there and he was not able to get a decent enough signal in the room to send or receive email. The best location for WiFi reception at The Swan was near the Java Bar. Oddly, some rooms we have stayed in at The Dolphin had decent WiFi while others did not. The pool area is definitely not the place for signal.

We have actually received credits (from both resorts) for a portion of the resort fees due to our inability to have viable access. We were polite when we indicated the inability to properly connect and both front desks offered to discount the resort fee.

As with all things at Disney, I am sure someone will come along and say it was fabulous--we have, however, never found it so. :badpc:

....As with all things at Disney, I am sure someone will come along and say it was fabulous--we have, however, never found it so. :badpc:
I won't say fabulous; I have never found 'free' wifi anywhere fabulous, or even great. But I did find the Swan's wifi acceptable, and did use it every day. Don;t know about the Dolphin, other than the public areas, where it also was acceptable.

We are coming from England staying at The Swan in September for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. Is it worth us emailing the hotel directly to let them know of this? Wondering if there was anything they could do for us to make it extra special pixiedust:

We are coming from England staying at The Swan in September for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. Is it worth us emailing the hotel directly to let them know of this? Wondering if there was anything they could do for us to make it extra special pixiedust:
Definitely let them know. We've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries while there, and the resort provided us with lovely treats, such as balloons, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, sparkling wine...even milk and cookies at bedtime! One of the many reasons we go back year after year.

PS...be sure to request a renovated room.

Definitely let them know. We've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries while there, and the resort provided us with lovely treats, such as balloons, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, sparkling wine...even milk and cookies at bedtime! One of the many reasons we go back year after year.

PS...be sure to request a renovated room.

Great! We will certainly do this then :thumbsup2. When do you think we should let them know? Any time limit?

Thanks, K x

First of all, congratulations, best wishes.

And yes, absolutely!! You can let them know in email or phone calls and also here on their concierge link.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

I'm having trouble linking my reservation in MDE. I saw it takes 24 hours, but does that include weekends? Just can't get it going, I called Disney and was told it takes 24 hours, but I'm already over that. Coming up on 60 days soon and just want my ducks in a row!
I had the exact same issue. I called multiple times to Disney's tech support, which kept telling me it actually takes about 72 hours to process. After one week, I called Swan/Dolphin; I wished I had called sooner.

Swan/Dolphin in-house reservations can be reached at 888.828.8850. They are open weekdays, during normal business hours. The agent refreshed the information to send to Disney, and magically, my reservation was recognized on MDE.

Which of my Swan/Dolphin friends have been to their food & wine event? It looks to be centered on the walkway between the two...are the seminars in one of the hotels? Any comments on the event itself?

Which of my Swan/Dolphin friends have been to their food & wine event? It looks to be centered on the walkway between the two...are the seminars in one of the hotels? Any comments on the event itself?

We were there 2 years ago. Think of it as all of Epcot food and wine crammed into the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin. There were about 25 different "stations". Food and wine selections were very good although the lines started to get longer the later it went on (we went early as we had kids in tow). At that time you could pay as you go, but there was also a "walkway pass" where all food and drink was included. This year that pass is almost $100 per person, not worth it IMHO.

It's a nice event, and seems to cater to the young and single crowd, so if you fit the bill it may be worth it. Surprised to see a number of suites and gowns in the group; certainly a place to see and be seen.

If you could purchase food and drink separately, we would certainly walk around and sample a few things, but it's not an event I would seek out on its own merits.

Last edited:
We were there 2 years ago. Think of it as all of Epcot food and wine crammed into the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin. There were about 25 different "stations". Food and wine selections were very good although the lines started to get longer the later it went on (we went early as we had kids in tow). At that time you could pay as you go, but there was also a "walkway pass" where all food and drink was included. This year that pass is almost $100 per person, not worth it IMHO.

It's a nice event, and seems to cater to the young and single crowd, so if you fit the bill it may be worth it. Surprised to see a number of suites and gowns in the group; certainly a place to see and be seen.

If you could purchase food and drink separately, we would certainly walk around and sample a few things, but it's not an event I would seek out on its own merits.

Thanks for the info. That is pretty pricey. I haven't fit the young and single description for decades. :rotfl:

Hi,

We're looking to book the dolphin for next year (may 2016). I've been looking to do it directly with dolphin online but for some reason they don't allow you to book 14nights online (I think the limit is 10).

Out of curiosity does anyone know when they do this?

Thanks

Headed back to the Dolphin in 21 days for our 3rd year in a row!!! We love it there.... can't wait!

Anything changed since May of last year? Only did 2 days of park passes this year, planning to spend more time at the pool!

Hi,

We're looking to book the dolphin for next year (may 2016). I've been looking to do it directly with dolphin online but for some reason they don't allow you to book 14nights online (I think the limit is 10).

Out of curiosity does anyone know when they do this?

Thanks
Would it be possible to call the Dolphin directly to see if they might be able to do the 14 days?

Headed back to the Dolphin in 21 days for our 3rd year in a row!!! We love it there.... can't wait!

Anything changed since May of last year? Only did 2 days of park passes this year, planning to spend more time at the pool!
I think the main thing would be the ongoing (nearing completion I would think) of the renovation of all of the Swan rooms. The Dolphin is next in line.

Would it be possible to call the Dolphin directly to see if they might be able to do the 14 days?

I think the main thing would be the ongoing (nearing completion I would think) of the renovation of all of the Swan rooms. The Dolphin is next in line.

Thanks, Dan!

Normally we drive but decided to fly this year. Can someone confirm my memory of life jackets available at the pool for kids? I'm trying to pack lightly!

Thanks!!
Meredith

I'm adding a day. Will it be easier to call hotel directly or the standard customer service line?

Also. Do the king rooms have a pull out bed on the sofa? Couldn't find anything on the first page

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter