Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I was able to locate my reservation for November for the Swan in MDE using the 9 digit reservation number. When adding it, I had the option of adding other family members on the reservation, but I was only able to add one instead of the 3 I needed to add. I can't seem to go back and add my children. How do I go about adding them?

I am having trouble finding the following information:

What are the dimensions of the crib mattress? I'll need to bring my own sheets as my son has several allergies to detergents. Also, is there a fee for the crib?

Are the washers in the laundry facility high efficiency? I'll need to bring my own detergent so just wondering.

Thanks so much!

Cribs are no charge. As for size, I would imagine 'regular', but a call to the resort would probably get the correct answer.

http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/special.html

From what I remember these are basic coin operated washers...
They need tokens, purchased in the laundry area.

Thinking about staying at the Swan in April of 2016. In-laws will be at the Boardwalk. We are eligible for various discounts...govt employee, airline employee, AAA....so we should get a good rate.

Car...we will rent a minivan for the six of us. Can I park it at the boardwalk under my in-laws names to avoid parking charges? I need a magic band to get in and out of the lot, right? Maybe I could "borrow" my mother in laws for trips.
Probably yes, but as you are asking, probably not correct to do. :confused3

I was able to locate my reservation for November for the Swan in MDE using the 9 digit reservation number. When adding it, I had the option of adding other family members on the reservation, but I was only able to add one instead of the 3 I needed to add. I can't seem to go back and add my children. How do I go about adding them?
Call the resort and ask them to list the each of the kids on the reservation. I had this on my last trip there, with my grandkids.

My thought on the parking situation was that since we are renting one large vehicle and splitting it, it is half the inlaws, therefore parking it at their hotel is okay. We would drive them to/from the airport and out for groceries, and possibly to parks or dining reservations.

My thought on the parking situation was that since we are renting one large vehicle and splitting it, it is half the inlaws, therefore parking it at their hotel is okay. We would drive them to/from the airport and out for groceries, and possibly to parks or dining reservations.
Probably fine then.

Jumping on board the thread so I can read up on it later:) 40 days til we are at the Swan, last minute trip!!!

Call the resort and ask them to list the each of the kids on the reservation. I had this on my last trip there, with my grandkids.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That makes sense, it doesn't have the children listed on the Swan reservation like my Disney resort reservation for June does.

I now see my 2 children added to my Swan reservation and "they" are also in MDE it now has 2 adults and 2 kids, but just 2 generic children, I don't see a way to change it to my specific children. To be able to book FastPasses for them this will be a problem. Disney's hold time is 25 minutes this afternoon :( Do I need Swan to have their names...or is this something I need to have Disney tech support help me with?

Also, has there been discussion somewhere on how to build points up quickly once you are past the initial card acceptance promotion?

Thanks!

SPG used to give you 5000 points for referrals. Both my husband and I have our own credit card account so we were both able to get the 25,000 initial bonus and we link our points to the same SPG account.

We put everything on this card, no matter how small. We even put half our down payment for our last car in the card.

Does the Dolphin offer pool activities and movies under the stars like other disney resorts?

http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/

POOLS, BEACH & SWAN PADDLE BOATS
activities_5.jpg

Discover fun and relaxation at the water’s edge. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin boasts five outdoor swimming pools, including a rock grotto pool with water slide and waterfalls, plus a beautiful white sand beach. This tropical playground offers seasonal live entertainment, paddle boat rentals and scheduled activities for all ages. There are also quiet areas where you can enjoy a cool drink and immerse yourself in a good book.

There were movies at one time, on the beach, but not sure if they still do. Someone will know for sure, or a phone call to 407 934-4000 will give the answer for sure.

I've finally decided when my next trip will be so now the planning can begin! Yay!

I'm going April 18-23 2016, and since I've already stayed in the Dolphin, this time I'd like to try the Swan. I've noticed that for the same time period this year, both resorts have a bunch of dates that are not available. Is this a busy convention time? It will be 3 weeks after Easter, so I'm hoping spring break will be mostly done by then. When is a good time to book? I'd like to wait long enough for some cheaper rates to come out, but not so late that I miss out on the room. Is the S/D like Disney in that if a cheaper rate becomes available for your dates you can call up and get it at the cheaper rate?

Hi, We are staying at the Swan for 2 nights this June using Starwood Points. The day we are planning on going to the MK there are morning EMH. I see from the first post that Swan and Dolphin guests are able to participate in EMH, but my question is, how will they know at the gates that you are staying there? Is there someway to link your MB to your Swan reservation?
(My family of 4 has two MB's each linked to my MDE account. We are planning on purchasing our tix sometime before the 60 day FP+ window and linking them to our MB's.)

Thanks!

Is the S/D like Disney in that if a cheaper rate becomes available for your dates you can call up and get it at the cheaper rate?
Yes, exactly the same.

my question is, how will they know at the gates that you are staying there? Is there someway to link your MB to your Swan reservation?
You will all have a S/D resort/key card, and yes, you can link your reservation to your MB.

Hey There,
We are booked at Swan for 5 nights the first week of May.
We used the Costco package.
My question is what should I expect from "traditional room upgrade"?
When we booked we choose the resort view room (the only choice) but on the reservation it indicates an upgrade.
Just wondering...anyone?
Anita

Actually, I think you are linking your tickets, not the resort.

I would think that the resort would need to be linked somehow or else how would they allow you to book at 60 days out? If you just link tickets and no resort, then it would only allow you to book at 30 days?

I guess the most logical thing for me to do would be to try and enter my Swan ressie into MDE and see what happens. :-)

I would think that the resort would need to be linked somehow or else how would they allow you to book at 60 days out? If you just link tickets and no resort, then it would only allow you to book at 30 days?

I guess the most logical thing for me to do would be to try and enter my Swan ressie into MDE and see what happens. :-)
I know when I entered my Swan confirm number into my MDE, it gave me 60 days. So I guess it is using the resort reservation somewhere in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter