Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I just added a day to my April trip this afternoon. The confirmation number is the same, and the phone rep told me I did not need to re-link the reservation into MDE. Does anyone know how long this takes? It's still showing the old dates (I know I may be expecting it too fast). :)

I made two separate Dolphin reservations. One for March 8-10, and then one for a free SPG night for March 10. The March 10th showed up in MDE in a couple of hours. The March 8-10 showed up the next day. OTOH, I switched over to the Swan a few days back, and that never did update in MDE, although I'm not concerned about that.

Does anyone know if you can get 'first visit' or 'birthday' buttons at guest relations at the Swan/Dolphin hotels?

I made two separate Dolphin reservations. One for March 8-10, and then one for a free SPG night for March 10. The March 10th showed up in MDE in a couple of hours. The March 8-10 showed up the next day. OTOH, I switched over to the Swan a few days back, and that never did update in MDE, although I'm not concerned about that.

Thanks! It finally showed up. :)

Are the people who work there CMs? Are they as friendly? Do they wear pins?

Any help would be great! Thank you!

The employees at S/D are not Disney CM's, but they sure act like them, often even better. My experience is they are very friendly, helpful. Over the years, a good number of them have become vacation 'buddies' of mine, always great to see them. The folks in the two Disney stores and the two Disney concierge desks are Disney CM's, as obviously are the characters at the Garden Grove character meals.

I know the 'regular' employees do not have trading pin lanyards, but everyone wears a Disney name badge. I have not really paid attention as to whether the Disney store and concierge desk CM's wear pin lanyards.

We are from the UK and have booked a week at the Swan in May.
We have picked the Swan because Epcot and HS are our favourite parks and we will be easily able to walk to them.

We normally visit only once a year but have been lucky enough to have two trips a couple of times. We always stay on site either at Universal or Disney or do a split stay, we are coming back in September to do a week at Royal Pacific and a week at the Poly( been dreaming about the Poly for years!)
One of the main reasons for staying on site is we love to charge everything to our room and just pay one bill when we leave, this is handy as you don't have to carry any cash and just pay one bill. We get charged a fee for each individual transaction when paying by credit card abroad so that mounts up to quite a bit over a week.

We could bring cash but then we end up with a ton of change, we like to go to the parks with no bags.

My question is would we be able to buy a Disney gift card to use in the parks for say a thousand dollars ( or maybe two five hundreds) in the Swan gift shop, charge them to our room and just pay when we check out? Alternatively we could get them at the Parks but it would be nice just to get them when we check in and just leave the cards in the safe.

We have old magic bands which we will link to our park tickets and MDE for ADR's and will only be visiting Disney/ the pool

TIA

Welcome to he dis.

Gift cards are available up to $500. I do not think you can charge a gift card to your room. I may be in error.

I just called them, cheaper for me to call than you. No charging to the room, must be paid for in the Disney Store. And max per card is $500.

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble! No big deal really I suppose we will just get two cards in the gift shop and will only be charged for one transaction.

Looking forward to leisurely walks back from Epcot after illuminations and not tackling the Disney bus crowds!

I wasn't able to find an answer to this question by searching this thread, so forgive me if it's been asked and answered. If staying at the Swan, is it correct that you can only book dining ADRs 180 days from the date of your meal, not 180 days from the date of your check-in like at normal Disney resorts (the "180+10" rule)? Hoping for Cinderella's Royal Table during our Swan stay, so every day counts! Thanks!

I'm staying at the Dolphin for the first time early March, I usually stay at BC/YC and have jogged over to the Dolphin up the walk to Swan and back around and never really paid attention so I have a question about walking to HS. From the Dolphin do you walk back to the bridge over to BW and down that walkway to HS or is there a connection to the walkway from the Swan?

Hello, looking at dining at these resorts next month. Has anyone tried/has feedback on Shula's or Il Mulino? Thanks!

I've been to Shula's twice, and had a great experience both times. The food is amazing, and the service was great. The only downside is the price, but you get what you pay for.

Prices for my March 8-11 just dropped again! Back to the Dolphin and saving $57 for two nights (March 10th is on points). Starwood must be pretty tired of me at this point. A funny thing is that since MDE never updated the initial change from the Dolphin to the Swan, it's actually correct now. I am staying at the Dolphin.
Check your rates if you are staying in March!

Last edited:
Prices for my March 8-11 just dropped again! Back to the Dolphin and saving $57 for two nights (March 10th is on points). Starwood must be pretty tired of me at this point. A funny thing is that since MDE never updated the initial change from the Dolphin to the Swan, it's actually correct now. I am staying at the Dolphin.
Check your rates if you are staying in March!
The following week, rates have actually increased, at least compared with my convention rate. 3/13 is sold out at both hotels. Swan is also sold out for 3/15. There are also sold out dates for both starting 3/20. Spring Break is going to be busy!

The following week, rates have actually increased, at least compared with my convention rate. 3/13 is sold out at both hotels. Swan is also sold out for 3/15. There are also sold out dates for both starting 3/20. Spring Break is going to be busy!

Looks like I got lucky!

Everyone who works at the Dolphin that we have encountered has the same level of professionalism that the Disney CM's do.... No there's no pin trading,except in the Disney gift shop (Cm's in there) Honestly, I was worried about it feeling like Disney after MANY years of onsite stays (lots of hotels) and I have never looked back since trying the Dolphin.....

Is there anywhere online that I can find rack rates for Swan and Dolphin? I am planning my next trip, but timing is really flexible, so I want to find the cheapest times to go. I've been able to find it for every other resort except these ones, but I'm thinking that may be a Starwood thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter