Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there anywhere online that I can find rack rates for Swan and Dolphin? I am planning my next trip, but timing is really flexible, so I want to find the cheapest times to go. I've been able to find it for every other resort except these ones, but I'm thinking that may be a Starwood thing.

Check this site http://www.swandolphin.com/ You can also click on "special offers" at the top of the page to see discounts such as AAA, nurse/teacher, etc. Rack rates would be lowest standard rate.

Check this site http://www.swandolphin.com/ You can also click on "special offers" at the top of the page to see discounts such as AAA, nurse/teacher, etc. Rack rates would be lowest standard rate.

I booked a AAA rate through their site and then added the confirmation number to MDE. They also had a better special offer, but was sold out for my time. I'm assuming everything will be fine. Do other people book on their site or by calling disney? When I went on Disney's site they only listed packages and I was doing RO since it was the end of a split stay.

I booked a AAA rate through their site and then added the confirmation number to MDE. They also had a better special offer, but was sold out for my time. I'm assuming everything will be fine. Do other people book on their site or by calling disney? When I went on Disney's site they only listed packages and I was doing RO since it was the end of a split stay.

I book through the S/D site. I don't book packages, so booking on the Disney site isn't an option even if I wanted to book that way. This trip, I had enough points for a free SPG night, which I wouldn't be able to do through the WDW site. I've never actually compared prices on one site vs. the other, but guess that the discounts on the S/D site are better than pricing on the Disney site?

I book through the S/D site. I don't book packages, so booking on the Disney site isn't an option even if I wanted to book that way. This trip, I had enough points for a free SPG night, which I wouldn't be able to do through the WDW site. I've never actually compared prices on one site vs. the other, but guess that the discounts on the S/D site are better than pricing on the Disney site?

Nice to hear you book here too. It was really easy and a lot of options to pick, easy to find what was available with discount codes. I put in my reservation number to MDE and it came up, so guess everything is great. Best Part: almost half off of rates at Disney boardwalk resorts and looks like more amenities and dining places!

Hi Everyone! We have upcoming reservations at the Swan. There are teenagers in the group who would prefer late nights as opposed to early mornings in the parks. Has anyone stayed in balcony rooms facing the Dolphin? Can you tell me if the noise from the boat, specifically the horn, be heard in the rooms? What time does the boat start and stop running? If it wakes people up I'll request a room that does not have that exposure. Thanks for your help!

Hi Everyone! We have upcoming reservations at the Swan. There are teenagers in the group who would prefer late nights as opposed to early mornings in the parks. Has anyone stayed in balcony rooms facing the Dolphin? Can you tell me if the noise from the boat, specifically the horn, be heard in the rooms? What time does the boat start and stop running? If it wakes people up I'll request a room that does not have that exposure. Thanks for your help!
I don't think I have any balcony rooms, but have faced the Dolphin a number of times. You can hear the boat horns in the rooms (I personally love them, they are calling me :sail:). They do start about 7:00 if I recall and stop about an hour and a half after the later of park closings of Epcot or DHS. I never thought it was overly loud, and doubt it would disturb any soundly sleeping teenager. I do recall how I slept back then, even if it was over 50 years ago.

Curious to know if the teacher/nurses discount is generally better than the AAA discount?

I don't see teacher rates posted anywhere.

Curious to know if the teacher/nurses discount is generally better than the AAA discount?

I don't see teacher rates posted anywhere.

Those discounts used to be better than AAA, but in my experience the last 2 or so years the rates have been very close, if not identical.

Here is the link to the teacher discount: http://swandolphin.com/offers/teachers.html

Good luck! :)

Hi,all! It's been several years since our last stay at the Swan, but will be there in April. Can anyone tell me what inputs they have on the televisions now? Do they have HDMI connections? Also, does the S/D still have the Swan paddleboats? Refillable mugs? Sorry if these questions have been asked already, haven't made it through the whole thread.

I have a question on convention tickets if anyone could help. Convention is at the Dolphin and I've ordered 2 of the tickets needed and was able to link to MDE. I had called to verify I would get something to link and that worked out fine. I did them as will call pick up since it is close to the travel date. Then the CM said that I would have to stop someplace at the Dolphin (which I'm afraid I didn't pay enough attention to) and actually pick up the tickets? When I linked it indicates it's a ticket like any other we've had in the past so I'm a little confused. Do we need to stop, at concierge I'm guessing, or will they work at the gate?

I have a question on convention tickets if anyone could help. Convention is at the Dolphin and I've ordered 2 of the tickets needed and was able to link to MDE. I had called to verify I would get something to link and that worked out fine. I did them as will call pick up since it is close to the travel date. Then the CM said that I would have to stop someplace at the Dolphin (which I'm afraid I didn't pay enough attention to) and actually pick up the tickets? When I linked it indicates it's a ticket like any other we've had in the past so I'm a little confused. Do we need to stop, at concierge I'm guessing, or will they work at the gate?

The way I understand MDE - the tickets are now linked to your account. If you have an existing Magic Band, or if you purchase and link one, you will not need to pick up the actual ticket. Just use the MB to enter the parks. Now, if you are like DH and have no need for an MB, you should pickup your plastic ticket. This was the way it was explained to me when I called to order our convention tickets. Will call is at the Guest Services windows outside the park entrances. There is a Disney ticket desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. It can't hurt to stop there and ask first. Perhaps they can give them to you there.

Hi,all! It's been several years since our last stay at the Swan, but will be there in April. Can anyone tell me what inputs they have on the televisions now? Do they have HDMI connections? Also, does the S/D still have the Swan paddleboats? Refillable mugs? Sorry if these questions have been asked already, haven't made it through the whole thread.
They do have the paddleboat rentals.

http://swandolphin.com/activities/pools.html

Can't help on the TV question.

Mugs, all the way at the bottom here.

http://swandolphin.com/pdf/Resort_Report.pdf

The way I understand MDE - the tickets are now linked to your account. If you have an existing Magic Band, or if you purchase and link one, you will not need to pick up the actual ticket. Just use the MB to enter the parks. Now, if you are like DH and have no need for an MB, you should pickup your plastic ticket. This was the way it was explained to me when I called to order our convention tickets. Will call is at the Guest Services windows outside the park entrances. There is a Disney ticket desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. It can't hurt to stop there and ask first. Perhaps they can give them to you there.

Thanks for the reply! The one thing I thought of since posting was that the tickets also get a bonus admission to one of the water parks/miniature golf/Oak Trail so I'm thinking the tickets might need to be picked up to get that. :confused: Guess we'll make the stop somewhere and see. We're actually staying at BWV so have the MB's so it sounds like we otherwise could skip picking up the "tickets".

On March 1, the Swan will be moving from SPG category 4 to category 5, which means it will cost 12,000-16,000 points per night instead of the current 10,000 points per night. If you are planning to redeem SPG points at the Swan, be sure to do so before March 1. Interestingly, the Dolphin seems to be remaining a category 4.

Hello Everyone

I was looking around at the Character Wharehouse in Vineland Outlet malls. And when I look at how to get there it states there is a bus service free of charge that picks up from Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. If I were to go to the S&D would I be able to catch a shuttle bus from the resort to the Vineland Outlet?? I really don't want to bother with a taxi (we will be traveling with a 2yo and not bringing a carseat.) and the price of the taxi would probably level out to just buying on property. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this and what was it like??

Link provided to show what I am talking about :scratchin

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-vineland/about

On March 1, the Swan will be moving from SPG category 4 to category 5, which means it will cost 12,000-16,000 points per night instead of the current 10,000 points per night. If you are planning to redeem SPG points at the Swan, be sure to do so before March 1. Interestingly, the Dolphin seems to be remaining a category 4.

Darn! I prefer the Swan, but don't know when we'll stay next.

Hello Everyone

I was looking around at the Character Wharehouse in Vineland Outlet malls. And when I look at how to get there it states there is a bus service free of charge that picks up from Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. If I were to go to the S&D would I be able to catch a shuttle bus from the resort to the Vineland Outlet?? I really don't want to bother with a taxi (we will be traveling with a 2yo and not bringing a carseat.) and the price of the taxi would probably level out to just buying on property. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this and what was it like??

Link provided to show what I am talking about :scratchin

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-vineland/about

That is cool - thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter