Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm only using a car from the airport to the Dolphin, so it's a $15 difference. Still, probably not enough to take a chance. Darn my obsessive need to get the best rates on things. I think both of you are right, and I'll book with someone known.
Thanks for the opinions.
If you use Tiffany, ask them if there are any coupons available. I know there used to be, maybe no longer though. But worth asking. Maritza was the one I have spoken with in the past.

I saw A refurbishment list that the Dolphin was down for refurbishment October through December 2015. What was done?
All the rooms are being refurbished at the Dolphin (the Swan is complete). But I highly doubt they were completed between those 3 months.

Thank you! Yes, they can book fast passes right now 30 days in advance, so it looks like we should be fine at the 60 day mark. Thanks for the reassurance!
To put you at ease, we were all linked and able to practice booking 30 days out. Then last night at 12am eastern (11pm my time), I refreshed the booking screen and the 60 day window opened.

Reactions: CJK
I'm thinking about adding a day to the beginning of my trip. I've already linked my reservation in MDE.. if I add a day, will it automatically update, or will I need to do something to make it appear?

We just decided to go to WDW tomorrow on a whim this week (APs expiring next month and found flights for cheap using points) and because of the deal I got off here we got a room at Dolphin for half the cost of our regular BC room....this is our first time actually staying at Dolphin after walking by it for years. I enrolled in SPG and while my 2 travel cards don't transfer points to them at an acceptable rate I am interested in transitioning to one after I stay at a couple SPG properties this year. I've also booked Swan for F&W during our fall break as it is currently almost $2k cheaper than our BC reservation. I'm hoping someone on here can tell me some benefits of using SPG at S&D.

1. Is there an upgrade possibility when checking in?

2. I saw someone mention about getting 500 SPG points/nt when foregoing Housekeeping?

3. If we do forego housekeeping for the points how can I get refills on the water (included in resort fee), coffee pods, and toiletries?

4. Do we get points with purchases at the food establishment or gift shop there?

5. Any other tips to maximize my SPG rewards while staying at Dolphin?

6. Is the coffee at Picabu linked to the refillable mug system at Picabu?

7. Is there really a AAA discount at Garden Grove for breakfast and dinner character meals (I may switch a breakfast ADR if there is)?

8. I have a car service through Tony Hinds that we've used for our USO transfers from MCO and they charge $120 roundtrip - is there another service anyone can recommend that's cheaper? No interest in car rental due to our car seats and not caring to drive while on WDW trips. Mears calculator for taxis seem to run similar price but we like having the luggage assistance of a service.

9. I saw something about a refurb going on at Dolphin currently...is this still going on?

TIA for any assistance

what's the best way to make an ADR for Garden grove Sunday breakfast? on the MDE site, or thru the swandolphin page? right now they are showing no availability for my dates.... and it's pretty far out too
So I called their number, and was told that the character breakfast is a drop in only, no ADR's.... interesting.... it must get busy on weekends

I just found this thread yesterday and you'all have provided so much great information!

Last night I booked a stay at the Swan (teacher discount) for November 1-8. We haven't been to the F/W festival for 3 years and are excited to come back next fall! The cost was less than half the amount of a standard Beach Club room. I understand we still need to arrange for airport transportation, but its still a great price! Originally, our idea was to make a reservation at the Swan now and then wait for Disney discounts to come out. However, after reading this thread, I am not even interested in switching!

Now for my questions....
1. I booked the cheapest possible room. Where are we most likely to be located? I am an SPG member and included my membership number on our reservation, but I have the lowest membership status (preferred) so is an upgrade unlikely?

2. The Mears transfer seems to be the cheapest option. Any concerns about using them? Is it best to book it through the Swan website?

3. My Mom will need to rent a ECV. She normally rents from Apple. Do they deliver and pick up from the Swan?

4. I tried to link my reservation to MDE using the confirmation number from the Swan. I received a message saying that it couldn't find the number and that if I was trying to link a S/D reservation to wait 24 hours. How likely is this to work? If it doesn't link tonight, who should I call?

5. I believe our week includes the 1/2 marathon? What impact will that race have on our stay, if any?

THANKS so much and I will check in on this thread often before we go!

So I called their number, and was told that the character breakfast is a drop in only, no ADR's.... interesting.... it must get busy on weekends
Really? Strange. I would try again as you get closer. I recall that I had reservations in the past, I think.

I just found this thread yesterday and you'all have provided so much great information!

Last night I booked a stay at the Swan (teacher discount) for November 1-8. We haven't been to the F/W festival for 3 years and are excited to come back next fall! The cost was less than half the amount of a standard Beach Club room. I understand we still need to arrange for airport transportation, but its still a great price! Originally, our idea was to make a reservation at the Swan now and then wait for Disney discounts to come out. However, after reading this thread, I am not even interested in switching!

Now for my questions....
1. I booked the cheapest possible room. Where are we most likely to be located? I am an SPG member and included my membership number on our reservation, but I have the lowest membership status (preferred) so is an upgrade unlikely?

2. The Mears transfer seems to be the cheapest option. Any concerns about using them? Is it best to book it through the Swan website?

3. My Mom will need to rent a ECV. She normally rents from Apple. Do they deliver and pick up from the Swan?

4. I tried to link my reservation to MDE using the confirmation number from the Swan. I received a message saying that it couldn't find the number and that if I was trying to link a S/D reservation to wait 24 hours. How likely is this to work? If it doesn't link tonight, who should I call?

5. I believe our week includes the 1/2 marathon? What impact will that race have on our stay, if any?

THANKS so much and I will check in on this thread often before we go!
Hope you enjoy your trip.

1. I would ask on your reservation for an upgrade if possible as well as at checkin. As for location, wide open, could be anywhere.
  2. I have not used Mears myself, but have always heard good things about them, other than some times being a bit slow if you have other people going to other resorts before yours. As for booking, I would think the Swan site was fine or directly on the Mears site.
  3. I have not used Apple in the past but have used Buena Vista Scooter and they delivered just fine. Apple is big and I would think they would also, though I would check with them to make sure.
  4. If it does not link, call the Swan and tell them you need the number for linking to MDE. I think it is a 9 digit number, sometimes you have a shorter number initially from the reservation.
  5. I do not think the marathon should impact at all.

We just decided to go to WDW tomorrow on a whim this week (APs expiring next month and found flights for cheap using points) and because of the deal I got off here we got a room at Dolphin for half the cost of our regular BC room....this is our first time actually staying at Dolphin after walking by it for years. I enrolled in SPG and while my 2 travel cards don't transfer points to them at an acceptable rate I am interested in transitioning to one after I stay at a couple SPG properties this year. I've also booked Swan for F&W during our fall break as it is currently almost $2k cheaper than our BC reservation. I'm hoping someone on here can tell me some benefits of using SPG at S&D.

1.Is there an upgrade possibility when checking in?

2. I saw someone mention about getting 500 SPG points/nt when foregoing Housekeeping?

3. If we do forego housekeeping for the points how can I get refills on the water (included in resort fee), coffee pods, and toiletries?

4. Do we get points with purchases at the food establishment or gift shop there?

7. Is there really a AAA discount at Garden Grove for breakfast and dinner character meals (I may switch a breakfast ADR if there is)?

8. I have a car service through Tony Hinds that we've used for our USO transfers from MCO and they charge $120 roundtrip - is there another service anyone can recommend that's cheaper? No interest in car rental due to our car seats and not caring to drive while on WDW trips. Mears calculator for taxis seem to run similar price but we like having the luggage assistance of a service.

9. I saw something about a refurb going on at Dolphin currently...is this still going on?

TIA for any assistance

1. If available yes. I had good luck as a new SPG member with no status by calling in my request. But that was years ago. My understanding is that they always try, status helps.

2. We did not do this on our last stay.

3. I understand that people do this successfully. Hopefully someone will chime in.

4. Charge food and shop purchases back to your room. The way I recall and understand it, all charges to your room bill result in 2X points to your SPG account.

5. Use Uber. 1X Points earned when not at an SPG property. 2X while at S/D. Use an SPG Amex. From the Amex site: "Earn up to 5 Starpoints for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program‡ - that's 2 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as a Card Member in addition to the 2 or 3 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member. Terms and limitations apply.‡"

6. Picabu was closed during my stay.

7. I think so. Dan has mentioned that.

8. That is the cheapest rate I have heard. I priced Mears, Tiffany and FLTours at similar. I believe one of them was higher.

9. Yes, as far as has been reported here.

1. Is there an upgrade possibility when checking in? If there is availability they may - but I believe it is more likely if you have suite nights to apply. Even with that we did not receive an upgrade as the hotel was full (and my husband is the highest level SPG awards).

2. I saw someone mention about getting 500 SPG points/nt when foregoing Housekeeping? I believe we were offered this.

4. Do we get points with purchases at the food establishment or gift shop there? I think anything charged at the hotel would get the extra points for being onsite, but not positive.

TIA for any assistance

The answers I could attempt to provide are mentioned above. Good luck!

Is it possible to get magic bands befor our trip ? I already bought E tickets and have fast pass plus reservations. My kids really want to decorate them befor we go .

I just checked on rates for my March 8-11 at the Dolphin for both AAA and nurse's rates. They have dropped. I moved over to the Swan for $11 less per night. The Dolphin would have been $22 less per night, but thought it would be nice to have a newly renovated room.
Moral of the story is that anyone with a trip booked should check their rates. Maybe you will get a pleasant surprise!

Is it possible to get magic bands befor our trip ? I already bought E tickets and have fast pass plus reservations. My kids really want to decorate them befor we go .

There was a good selection on the Disney Shopping App that Dan linked. The Disney Store website seemed to be out of stock on a number of colors.

I just checked on rates for my March 8-11 at the Dolphin for both AAA and nurse's rates. They have dropped. I moved over to the Swan for $11 less per night. The Dolphin would have been $22 less per night, but thought it would be nice to have a newly renovated room.
Moral of the story is that anyone with a trip booked should check their rates. Maybe you will get a pleasant surprise!

I got a few dollars less by using the discount they advertise on their page, for the same time frame. Thanks for the info though, I'll keep checking to see if they drop again. I would rather have a balcony room but didn't want to pay the rates since I could get the same price for WL just didn't want to stay at a MK resort. I have a car so I have to factor parking in too.

Southwest flights dropped in price too! I now have a $101 SW credit to use before next January. Check your SW reservations in addition to S/D room rates.

Garden Grove doesn't take character breakfast ADR's....or so I was told by phone last week.... correct me if I'm wrong please....(I want to be wrong lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter