Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

On March 1, the Swan will be moving from SPG category 4 to category 5, which means it will cost 12,000-16,000 points per night instead of the current 10,000 points per night. If you are planning to redeem SPG points at the Swan, be sure to do so before March 1. Interestingly, the Dolphin seems to be remaining a category 4.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a link you can point us to with this info?

I've been reading conflicting things on the front page and other posts - will other WDW resorts like POR transfer to Dolphin?

Disney resorts will transfer to S/D and likewise in reverse.
I meant to put in luggage - the wdw resorts will transfer luggage to the dolphin right?

TIA - went there a couple weeks ago due to this thread and really liked it and am planning to stay a couple nights over spring break last minute once again!

Haven't stayed at the S&D in a few years but was curious if you're able to get the Disney Dining Plan while staying there? I'm pretty sure you can do Fastpasses at 60 days but wasn't sure about the dining. Thanks!

We are coming from the UK to stay at the Swan in May, we last stayed onsite at Disney two years ago and used our Magicbands from that stay for our park entry and fastpass+ last year.
I understand our Magicbands batteries will probably be flat by now so we need to buy new Magicbands, but we were planning to walk to Epcot International Gateway on our first night to watch Illuminations; is there a Guest Services there where we can exchange our ticket voucher for tickets then get Magicbands once inside the park? I know you can do this at the Main entrance just not sure about the International Gateway

TIA

I haven't stayed at Swan or Dolphin since 2013. I stayed at the Dolphin in 2011, and the Swan in 2013. I have no idea why, but I seemed to like the Dolphin better, so I just reserved a room there for a Food & Wine trip in October. Before it's too late to change, can anyone tell me if there is any renovations or anything going on at either hotel ? The prices are about the same for either hotel.

We are coming from the UK to stay at the Swan in May, we last stayed onsite at Disney two years ago and used our Magicbands from that stay for our park entry and fastpass+ last year.
I understand our Magicbands batteries will probably be flat by now so we need to buy new Magicbands, but we were planning to walk to Epcot International Gateway on our first night to watch Illuminations; is there a Guest Services there where we can exchange our ticket voucher for tickets then get Magicbands once inside the park? I know you can do this at the Main entrance just not sure about the International Gateway

TIA

I would take those MBs with me, the batteries may be just fine and you won't have to buy a new one. Yes, there is a ticket agent at the IG, one of the best ways to get tickets and deal with GS since there are rarely any lines there.

I haven't stayed at Swan or Dolphin since 2013. I stayed at the Dolphin in 2011, and the Swan in 2013. I have no idea why, but I seemed to like the Dolphin better, so I just reserved a room there for a Food & Wine trip in October. Before it's too late to change, can anyone tell me if there is any renovations or anything going on at either hotel ? The prices are about the same for either hotel.

Haven't stayed there yet, will be at Dolphin in two weeks though. From what I understand from this board, the Swan has just finished renovations and the Dolphin is just starting theirs. I don't know if it's just painting and new bedding and furniture or if its hammering and sawing.

TIA
MB's should be fine. The only thing that may not work due to low battery is onride video sync if you have Memory Maker photo. Guest service at IG. I think you can do a voucher exchange for tickets at S/D concierge also.

loves to dive is correct below, Swan is finished, Dolphin starting. Renovations are pretty extensive.

Haven't stayed there yet, will be at Dolphin in two weeks though. From what I understand from this board, the Swan has just finished renovations and the Dolphin is just starting theirs. I don't know if it's just painting and new bedding and furniture or if its hammering and sawing.

I'll be at the swan in September ...I try to find any trip report ??? Anyone seen one?

Thanks

I booked using the AAA rate and it says on my reservation that since I'm staying for 5 nights, there is a $50 resort credit. Does that mean they are giving me $50 to spend anywhere in the Dolphin restaurants?
Also, the reservation says since I have to pay the $25 service fee for the internet, gym, etc., that it also involves 2 bottles of water a day. Where is that, do I just get it somewhere, or is it all stocked in the fridge when I get there, or is it just a credit or coupon I turn in somewhere. We are there 5 nights, so that would be 10 bottles??

it also involves 2 bottles of water a day. Where is that, do I just get it somewhere, or is it all stocked in the fridge when I get there, or is it just a credit or coupon I turn in somewhere. We are there 5 nights, so that would be 10 bottles??
There will be two bottles in your room when you check in. Each day the housekeeper will leave another two.

D'oh! I wish SPG wasn't changing the points categories. We are booked for Universal this year and didn't plan to come back to WDW until 2018. We prefer the Swan over the Dolphin for the queen beds. Either we will have to cut back on the number of nights or head over to the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter