Walking out the door...Leaving for BLT right now.

We made it over to Animal Kingdom at 9:00 via car and tram.
DisneySept2010213.jpg
We checked out the spiders and millipedes the CM's have in the clear boxes. Had to push DS to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris. He said the bridge scares him bad. The one that the driver says we have to hurry accross and it goes up and down. DS luck was still working today for him. The bridge was not working today and the radio.
DisneySept2010194.jpg
Next we went to Flights of Wonder. It's a wonderful show if you have not gone before.
DisneySept2010209.jpg
We went to the Boneyard. DS loves to run a round here.
DisneySept2010210.jpg
DS was ready to go back to BLT for a swim. It was getting hot. There is a bunch I like to do at AK but I was out voted.
DisneySept2010211.jpg

DisneySept2010212.jpg
We ate at the pool and had a great time swimming. We went to the Contemporary pool again. Food is better there and DS likes the interactive water area. We came back took showers. We left at 3:00 to go over to Epcot. By the time we made it to the Transportation and Ticket Center it was pouring rain. We caught the next monorail back to the Contemporary. DS wanted to stop at the arcade. Three or Four games later he had all the tickets he needed for the Ipod.
DisneySept2010215.jpg
It's still raining. We are trying to figure out what we are going to do.

I have never done the flights of wonder so I put it on my list for our trip.

Glad DS got his IPod

really enjoying your TR. As I read, I wanted to add that my DH and DD's - all avide coaster fans, did not like Manta at Sea World either and it made them feel wierd. THey all said they would not do it again.

As for the safari, I don't think they do the bridge thing anymore. I have done it twice now in the last 2 years and they did not do it wither time so perhpas they have stopped this (good idea with babies in arms).

Would love to see a few more pics of the room........

I am absolutley doing the Tye dye when I go - I love the Mickey heads on it!!

really enjoying your TR. As I read, I wanted to add that my DH and DD's - all avide coaster fans, did not like Manta at Sea World either and it made them feel wierd. THey all said they would not do it again.

As for the safari, I don't think they do the bridge thing anymore. I have done it twice now in the last 2 years and they did not do it wither time so perhpas they have stopped this (good idea with babies in arms).

Would love to see a few more pics of the room........

I am absolutley doing the Tye dye when I go - I love the Mickey heads on it!!

I'll try to post some more pictures of the room before we leave. Too messy right now.:laughing:

More pictures of the room I took when we got here. I didn't post these. We are in a studio lake view.
DisneySept2010012.jpg

DisneySept2010013.jpg

I guess we hit a wall. Even though I don't feel that tired. Normally rain would not stop us from our plans. We would just throw on ponchos and keep going. But tonight we just went over to the Grand Floridian Cafe had dinner and shopped. Then caught the monorail back over to the Contempoary. We saw some old friends from back home after we came down the escalator. One of their daughters is in my DS's school class. DS said good thing we didn't go to a park. He would have missed seeing his friend from school. Walking back DS said he just wanted to hang at the room so he could listen to his Ipod for a bit. I would have pictures to post but I left the camera in the room.:mad: We are going to Blizzard Beach or Disney Quest tomorrow morning.:woohoo:

We decided to go to Blizzard Beach this morning. BB opens at 10:00 today. We are also going to try and go to Disney Quest this afternoon. We can see Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom from our balcony. The only park we can't see is the Magic Kingdom. How ironic. These are live pictures looking outside right now.
DisneySept2010216.jpg

DisneySept2010217.jpg

Still reading so tell us how BB was.

Just remember as you hit the wall, 24 hours after being home you will want to be back - so savour the smell, the sounds and sights......and sometimes sitting in the hotel lobby watching guests come and go is just as fun as riding Haunted Mansion for the 100th time (perhaps not for DS....).

Looking forward to your next post.

Still reading so tell us how BB was.

Just remember as you hit the wall, 24 hours after being home you will want to be back - so savour the smell, the sounds and sights......and sometimes sitting in the hotel lobby watching guests come and go is just as fun as riding Haunted Mansion for the 100th time (perhaps not for DS....).

Looking forward to your next post.

So true!!!

What a fantastic last day!!! Glad we did not listen to the weather man. It turned out to be a beautiful day. I have never seen so few people at a water park. We got to Blizzard Beach at 9:55 and left at 4:30. There was no wait for Summit Plummet. The only wait was when BB first opened.
DisneySept2010235.jpg

DisneySept2010237.jpg

We got our locker and split up. DW and DS went over to Ski Patrol Training Camp.
DisneySept2010258.jpg

I went to ride SP and Slush Gusher. I liked both a lot. The speed you get going down SP is awesome. I could not break 54 mph. I like the air you get on the last bump or hill on SG. After riding a few times I joined the family. We then rode Teamboat Springs. The family raft ride. Which DS wanted to do as many times as we would let him.

We then went over to the Toboggan Racers. The eight lane toboggan slide. We all rode a couple of times. We all liked TR. Then did Snow Stormers. The switchback slalom-style mat slides. I liked SS but DW said it hurt her back and DS just said he didn't like it. We then rode the lazy river CCC over to eat lunch. Several CM's said the park crowd level was like a private party. After lunch I rode SP and SG a couple more times. Then went over and watched DS do the iceberg walk, T-bar drop(zip line), and slides.
DisneySept2010299.jpg

DisneySept2010248.jpg

DisneySept2010267.jpg

Then it was off to do more TS.
DisneySept2010270.jpg

Teamboat Springs.
DisneySept2010275.jpg

Not so hidden Mickey.
DisneySept2010226.jpg

Race!
DisneySept2010239.jpg
We had a great time at BB and would recommend going. We left BB at 4:30. We had ADR's at Kona Cafe at 6:30. DW had shrimp/scallops, DS had a cheeseburger, and I had the NY strip. All are entree's we very good. The desserts DW pineapple upsidedown cake, DS icecream sundae, and I had the chocolate lava cake.
DisneySept2010302.jpg

DisneySept2010303.jpg

DisneySept2010304.jpg

DisneySept2010300.jpg

After dinner we bought some souveneirs for friends back home. Stopped off at the arcade for a few games.
DisneySept2010308.jpg
Then we made it back to the Contemporary for fireworks at TOTWL. Which was a great way to top the day off.
DisneySept2010310.jpg

DisneySept2010311.jpg

DisneySept2010316.jpg

Have to finish packing up. Goodnight.

The Disney Depression is starting. We leave BLT at 9:00. It sure has been a great trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter