WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

I have been trying to stay motivated to mainly just get more fit and get exercise back into my regular routine. I'd also like to lose the last ten pounds of pregnancy weight I am carrying around.

It is 4324 kms from my place to Bay Lake Towers where my other 'home' is. I walked 5 kms last night instead of sitting on the couch reading a book. It's a start. I'm also hoping to make some Disfriends along the journey.

My current weight is 126 lbs and my goal is 115 lbs (I'm just under 5 feet tall)

According to mapquest Disneyland is 945 miles away. I am flying there November 8th (for 25th with DH! :cool1:), and I seriously doubt I can "walk" there by then. I think I will hop over to my map my walk account and see how many miles I've walked since I started that a year ago. For July it seems as though I've walked about 60ish miles. Gotta love summer and no pesky work to take all your time! :rotfl2: Or I'll just start August first. Decisions, decisions.

?/945

just got in from tonight's walk and I feel great.

Total 11.5km/4324
Thank goodness I have until Sept 2013 before our next trip - I did the math and decided math is overrated as it pertains to motivation!

Now to finish putting away the last load of laundry :laundy:and then take a well-deserved rest:happytv:

Best wishes to all!

So if I want to make my mileage before I really go (which will be a good motivator for me!) I need to "cheat" and count my miles for the last year. Here's to hoping I can do 180 miles in 3 months! :thumbsup2

765.74/945

I completed 12km with 700ft elevation gain during hike. Best part was my five year old kept up and trekked the whole way with us, while the 2-year old did 3km but hitched a ride in the backpack the rest of the way.

Jumping in on this! No idea when I'll get back to disney (an awful thought), but can still "walk" there. Although really mine will probably be a combination of walking/running/maybe even some biking once I get back up to college.

1,552 miles to go!

86/1060
six months left before I'm back at Disney. I hope this will help with my training for the Princess Half.
I'm still in New Jersey, twenty more miles to Delaware!:woohoo:

I'd like to join please.. I think this would be fun just to see how long it would take me. I have to go on a run tomorrow so I'll post my miles plus how many it'll take me to get to WDW then.

:wave:

It is 1230 miles from my house to my home resort SSR. Today I did a 9.18 mile run. That leaves me 1220.82 miles to go :)

For kicks I added DL which is 2165 miles.. :faint:

To SSR - 9.18/1230
To DL - 9.18/2165

Joining in!:goodvibes Love this idea!

I just started walking again so this will be a great motivation for me.:thumbsup2

1201 miles from my house to Disney.

This sounds like a really fun idea and I think it is the perfect motivation to help me lose the last 12 pounds... I live 3241.82 km from the Magic Kingdom... Today I walked 10.72 km...

10.72/3241.82

Oh! I love this idea. I have my print outs of google maps for the parks with distances around them. This could be a great motivator.
NJ to MK - 1,090 miles. I really need to put my feet in gear to "walk" there before our stay. Should be fun. :)

We just got back from Disney a few weeks ago. I do not have a trip planned at this time *just dreaming about it every day*.... but I'm going to start all over again at zero.

27/1137 miles to go from here to Disney!!!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter