WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

This seems like a fun challenge! I'm in training for the ToT 10miler and the marathon, so this is a nice way to track that. It took me 3 days/30 hours to drive the 1900 miles from here to there...let's see how long it takes to walk and run. Also, since I'm closer to DL, I'll figure that too. I'll start with my September so far.

17/1900
17/1070

Since starting this challenge (Aug 19), I have walked 116.78 / 3241.82 km... Only 3125.04 left to go :dance3:

With the kids back in school I am back to routine and back on my walks. 3 km with the kids yesterday morning and just over 5km in 30 mins while they were in school this afternoon.

New total 38km/4324

I'm going to start by tracking my progress to HK Disneyland - that's my closest park. And I'm only working on the distance airport-airport because it's really too hard to work out the actual distance and in the scheme of thousands of miles it's not really going to make much difference :rotfl:

So apparently HK Disneyland (airport to airport of course) is 4603.45 miles away.

I'm counting all the workouts I have recorded on my Garmin since I decided to start training for a Disney run. So far I have done 18.6 miles. So for me so far, it's...

18.6/4603.45 which is um... 0.004% of the way :lmao:

Didn't know this thread existed. I have been doing the same thing in my runs. In fact I have been printing out maps to actually track where I am at. Here is my progress for the last 4 weeks...

74.25/1279
5.8% of the distance.

BTW, I am skipping the resorts. My run takes me right to the MK. :)

I'd like to join! I've been walking for about 2 weeks, but I got a pedometer thing that keeps a running total 9 days ago. I love that thing! I have 1544 miles to get there, so:

31.58/1512.42

Thought I posted earlier this week, but I guess I just previewed the post instead of submitting it.

I started on Sunday, so as of last night I've finished 8.25 miles.

8.25/1,720

Walked to the hairdresser yesterday instead of driving
2.27km there, 2.35km back
C25K this morning
3.28km

Total 4.91 miles

27.5/4603.45 to HKDL
0.6%

Couch to 5K on thursday, longer walk today

38/1900 to WDW
38/1070 to DL

So, I think I'm going to see how much of this I can get done with my training for the Disney World Marathon.
So...as of now 0/854

Fantastic Thread!!! Love the idea!!!

Just committed to getting back to walking. So might as well walk to Disney World......673 miles!!! :cool1:

Question - do you also factor in what you do in exercise videos? I do a work out each morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter