Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

I've seen a few PP's say that they check the website regularly on their waitlists. This is my first rodeo so I was just assuming you would get an email if/when yours happen to become available. Is that not the case?

there seems to be a lag in which a room becomes available and the point some program runs to match it to a waitlist. so in the meantime, it shows up online. if no one is checking at that moment and doesn't grab the availability, then it will run against the waitlist and match accordingly. my last night came through against my waitlist and i received the email telling me so. so if your waitlist matches, then yes, you will receive an email. but if someone else grabs it before the program runs, then you won't get a match.

there seems to be a lag in which a room becomes available and the point some program runs to match it to a waitlist. so in the meantime, it shows up online. if no one is checking at that moment and doesn't grab the availability, then it will run against the waitlist and match accordingly. my last night came through against my waitlist and i received the email telling me so. so if your waitlist matches, then yes, you will receive an email. but if someone else grabs it before the program runs, then you won't get a match.

That's interesting, then... So you're implying that some folks actually try to go in and create a new reservation (matching what their waitlist is) and might be successful? Then they'd just go and cancel the waitlist?
Wonder what that time gap is and if it really is worth the effort.

I'm booked at OKW for 11/4-11/8, I am wait listed for Boardwalk and Wilderness lodge. BWV has one night should I book it and hope to get the rest. After reading post it doesn't look like computer is matching very quickly!

I've seen a few PP's say that they check the website regularly on their waitlists. This is my first rodeo so I was just assuming you would get an email if/when yours happen to become available. Is that not the case?

And a few of us lucky people actually get a phone call. I was so surprised about that. But the CM was a little unsure because the waitlist makes for a strange reservation. I originally had a studio booked for 6 nights, but the waitlist was for 3 nights in a 1 BR right in the middle. So now I'll have a studio for 2 nights, a 1 BR for 3, then back to a studio for 1 night. As she told me, most guests waitlist to avoid that kind of scenario! So she called before she applied it. But once I explained that DH was joining me for those 3 nights, and that this is a surprise anniversary gift (he loves 1 BRs, but I convinced him that they were too many points), it was OK. And yes, I did get an Email about 2 hours later.

I have my wait list at 7 days. What are the advantages or disadvantages to having the wait list set for 30/7 days?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Never got my concierge level waitlist for AKV...1st time a wait list didn't come through.

Don't feel alone! I have tried to get that 4 times with no success!:rotfl: Didn't really expect to get it, but a girl can dream...can't she!?:rotfl:

I have my wait list at 7 days. What are the advantages or disadvantages to having the wait list set for 30/7 days?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

It's not a problem if your waitlist reservation requires the same or more points than your current reservation. If your waitlist reservation requires FEWER points and it fills less than 31 days out, then the leftover points become holding points. This can be very problematic if you are late in your UY and used borrowed points. This is why waitlists are cancelled at 31 days out, by default, unless you specify otherwise.

Our waitlist is not "backed" by a points reservation, but by a cash night instead so we have it set to a 7-day waitlist. If it fills, I'll just cancel my cash reservation. If it does fill, it is noted on my account to borrow points from 2014 to fill it.

:faint:I can't believe it!!! Our waitlist came through!:cheer2:

I'm absolutely stunned:goodvibes...I never thought this would come through. I'm going to call MS to make sure our reservation is all in order. The website shows three reservations...cash night, filled waitlist night, and then the next 4 nights. The cash night reservation no longer shows the "amount due at checkin" so I want to make sure that our payment/deposit is still on record.

Oh, what a happy day!!:dance3:

If it does fill said:
That's very interesting. I have a Dec. 1 ressie at SSR but a waitlist for BLT. BLT was 65 points more and MS said I must borrow the 65 points from 2013 to cover just in case the waitlist comes through. Now that the waitlist hasn't come through, those 65 borrowed points can't go back and they must be used before June 2013 or they are lost. Are you saying you didn't have to borrow but just have it noted on your account? I wish the CM I spoke to knew that.

We are waitlisted for a single night November 25th at SSR, we are hoping to get either a 2 bedroom at VWL or a 1 bedroom Theme park view at BLT. , keeping my fingers crossed, and hopping it comes through for us, this is the first time using our points!.

drcoulsey said:
If it does fill said:
That's very interesting. I have a Dec. 1 ressie at SSR but a waitlist for BLT. BLT was 65 points more and MS said I must borrow the 65 points from 2013 to cover just in case the waitlist comes through. Now that the waitlist hasn't come through, those 65 borrowed points can't go back and they must be used before June 2013 or they are lost. Are you saying you didn't have to borrow but just have it noted on your account? I wish the CM I spoke to knew that.

You can't borrow points for a reservation unless it is confirmed. In other words, the points don't get borrowed and then just sit in your account to await use. The only way they can be borrowed is if they are part of a reservation. The CM you spoke to was incorrect and the system should not even allow the movement of those points into a different UY if they aren't part of a reservation. Now, if you were to borrow points for a reservation and then subsequently cancel it, those borrowed points would remain in the UY they were borrowed into and cannot be banked.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I pieced my waitlist together - I needed 12/30, 12/31, and 1/1 for OKW 2 bedroom villa. By checking the website everyday - I managed to get each night reserved. After the final night was reserved - I hooked the whole reservation into 1. YEAH! You have to check yourself because my last night was waitlisted but they didn't pull it. The last night I needed was available on a Sunday morning. I called member services immediately and booked it.

It paid off though. We are now in the same 2 Bedroom Villa from 12/28 - 1/5 :cool1:

I pieced my waitlist together - I needed 12/30, 12/31, and 1/1 for OKW 2 bedroom villa. By checking the website everyday - I managed to get each night reserved. After the final night was reserved - I hooked the whole reservation into 1. YEAH! You have to check yourself because my last night was waitlisted but they didn't pull it. The last night I needed was available on a Sunday morning. I called member services immediately and booked it.

It paid off though. We are now in the same 2 Bedroom Villa from 12/28 - 1/5 :cool1:

Wow, that is amazing that you were able to find 12/31! Congrats on your reservation.

That's great news! Have a wonderful NYE!

I am halfway thinking about W-L for BCV 2BR/2Q for the night of the 27th of Dec, but I have mixed feelings about it. We currently have the 27th at THV and then 28Dec -1Jan at BCV 2BR/2Q. I have always wanted to try out THV and with the point reallocation next year, I don't think THV will be as good of a value as it is now. But, moving and being homeless for a few hours is a pain. But, I think the chances of the W-L coming through are slim. What to do?... :confused3

I am halfway thinking about W-L for BCV 2BR/2Q for the night of the 27th of Dec, but I have mixed feelings about it. We currently have the 27th at THV and then 28Dec -1Jan at BCV 2BR/2Q. I have always wanted to try out THV and with the point reallocation next year, I don't think THV will be as good of a value as it is now. But, moving and being homeless for a few hours is a pain. But, I think the chances of the W-L coming through are slim. What to do?... :confused3

The worst that can happen if you put in a waitlist and it's less points plus less than 31 days out is those points go into holding. We had SSR originally booked & waitlisted at 2 other resorts for NYE and our waitlist ended up coming through! But the inventory changes as people change their reservations or drop nights & pick up to piece together their reservations. Good luck with whatever you decide and pixiedust: for you and anyone else who is waitlisted.

So, I finally got online and waitlisted for potentially our 1st trip....MLK wknd at VGC (I know, slim pickings but can't fault a girl for trying!), and Pres wknd (BLT park view). Since the family doesn't know I purchased the dvc contract yet (Heehee), would be great if I could surprise them :). Pres wknd is my bday wknd, so that could be fun too!

From what I gather, one could end up with a room at a diff resort than what they booked? And yes, I am checking the website 2-3 times daily!

well here is an update ...
19 days to go till Thanksgiving and our Great Aunts first trip at the age of 91.
We had 2 rooms at Pop but after watching/calling i finally got our first night at AKV then two nights at BLT.
Still hopeful for that first night to open up (1 bedroom lake or standard nov. 22) so we will not have to change resorts but if not it will be a magical trip no matter what !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter