Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

Our wait list just came through. We now have our whole October vacation in a BWV boardwalk view 1 bedroom! And during Food and Wine!

The strange thing is that the wait list matched while I was on the phone talking with DVC regarding that survey they are doing of all the members. They called me...we talked...after I hung up the email arrived with our final two nights of the vacation matching!

Our wait list just came through. We now have our whole October vacation in a BWV boardwalk view 1 bedroom! And during Food and Wine!

The strange thing is that the wait list matched while I was on the phone talking with DVC regarding that survey they are doing of all the members. They called me...we talked...after I hung up the email arrived with our final two nights of the vacation matching!

That's awesome for you!!! So glad you got what you wanted. I'm still hanging on by a thread! I was able to snag one of my days, but still missing one right smack in the middle!

I'm officially jealous. I am losing hope that ours will come through for the end of Sept. Still hoping to get my sister and her family to the BWV with us on their final weekend. Right now they're at AKV. I knew it was a long-shot, but I had some hope that someone would back out at the 31 day mark. That didn't happen. :(

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Joining the Support Group. Just booked a 1 BR @ SSR for 6 out of 7 nights in Dec. Of course the ONE night that I couldn't get was right in the middle of the trip! DH refuses to move only to come back next day and doesn't want to pay for a res when we have perfectly good DVC points just waiting to be used :confused3.
So now I am crossing my fingers, checking my waitlist 3x a day and hoping for a little pixie dust to come our way.

If my waitlist doesn't comes through for Dec 7th soon or our first trip in over 4 years just might fall through :worried:. I'm so nervous I haven't even told the kids we might be going to WDW!

Hitched, I think you have an excellent chance for SSR. They are wide open for Food & Wine right now, so I bet lots of folks staying there are waitlisting to move to other resorts in December too.

I started putting together a F&W trip on August 3 when SW airlines had a sale. Started out with 3 nights in a SSR 1 bedroom, no room for Saturday night, one night in a BWV GV studio, one night in a BWV standard studio for a total of six nights. Bit of a mess.

Got a WL for Saturday night at SSR 1 br, then the last two nights in a GV studio at BWV. By checking on line, we now have 3 nights SSR, 3 nights BWV standard 1 BR. Still working on those first 3 nights, but am pretty happy so far with just one move!

super excited to find out today that my waitlist came through for December!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

super excited to find out today that my waitlist came through for December!!

Still waiting... :sad:
Hopefully ours does, too. Hoping as the 60 day mark approaches it may.

i honestly thought we had NO chance for it to come through so i was pleasantly surprised!

i've got my fingers crossed for you!

Can I join?

Decide to run the Disney Marathon in July. Since DH and i are both running, i asked my mom,sis and her two kids to join us. My kids know about the trip but have no clue about their cousins joining us. Didn't want to go crazy with points so I was only able to get two SSR studios. I'm wait listed for a value AKL 2BR. I wish I had known we were going to do this back in February!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Sooooooooo excited my waitlist just came through!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Due to the southwest sale last week I rebooked our vacation from October to next week! Was happy to save $500, still get what I wanted at Vero, and change to a different MNSSHP, but sad to know I would lose our 1 night at BLT. I booked at AKL happy to give it a try, was able to change to VWL the next day and be only a ferry ride away. Today I got an email that BLT came through, so now we can just walk to the party! I never thought I would get it 9 days away. :cloud9: Good luck to everyone waiting!

Homemom said:
Sooooooooo excited my waitlist just came through!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Due to the southwest sale last week I rebooked our vacation from October to next week! Was happy to save $500, still get what I wanted at Vero, and change to a different MNSSHP, but sad to know I would lose our 1 night at BLT. I booked at AKL happy to give it a try, was able to change to VWL the next day and be only a ferry ride away. Today I got an email that BLT came through, so now we can just walk to the party! I never thought I would get it 9 days away. :cloud9: Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Oh, how I wish I didn't have to join this group:rolleyes2...but it's my own fault.

Back in May, I booked our 2013 spring break trip to HHI using HHI points. I was able to book Mo-Th on points and made a cash reservation for Sat-Sun with the intention of switching Sunday to points (25) at 7 months using my 3 leftover AKV points and buying 4 one-time use points.

For the first time EVER, I did not set my alarm to get up and be on the phone at 8:59am at the 7-month window. By noon, the resort was booked for the whole week:crazy2:

So, even though we have the room for Sat-Thurs night, we have to pay cash for Sat AND Sun, to the tune of $500ish per night. I waitlisted for that Sunday (which happens to be Easter!) and I am really hoping that the WL comes throughpixiedust: because I would so much rather spend 25 points vs. $500 cash.

Just did our first waitlist...hoping for 4 nights at OKW for Veteran's Day weekend 11/8-11/12 (but I'll keep checking for other places)

Me & the hubs have been really stressed with work & NEED our happy place! We were originally hoping to go to Montreal but this morning it hit me that for about the same cost we could go to WDW instead if we can get in somewhere (We have annual passes so we're good there)

So here's hoping.....

Well we got 11/8 at OKW now...waiting on 11/9-11/12 Looking for more Pixie Dust!!!

Ugh. Count me in too! We added 2 days to our Oct/Nov trip and NOTHING is available on propertyfor the night of Nov 3. We were able to get a studio at BWV on Nov 4. Wait listed at BWV for a studio or 1 bdrm Nov 3. Fingers crossed we are not homeless the night of the 3rd!!!

add me to the list! when jetblue came out with that lovely sale last week, i couldn't pass up $145 round trip tickets. already planning on going next april and oct, need annual passes for those anyway, so this is an extremely cheap trip! going oct 29-nov 3. was able to get bwv pool/garden for the first 3 nights. now i see that the first 2 are available in boardwalk view, but i'm already moving once for the last 2 nights. i'll request village green, otherwise, i don't care, i'm suprised i got any nights at bwv period!

anyway, the last 2 nights are tricky. currently have a standard view studio at kidani on nov 1 and a value studio at jambo on nov 2. originally had nov 2 at kidani savannah, but grabbed the value when it became available instead. i have a waitlist for both nights at bwv pool/garden, and also for nov 1 in a value. i know it's more likely that the standard view at kidani would come through for nov 2, but i'm crossing my fingers. i'm checking the website every five minutes when i can at work. would rather not have to move twice on a 5 night trip, so we'll see!

hoping for our waitlist for dec 1 to 5 to come through at wilderness lodge :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter