Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

Joining this group late ... I have a 2-night reservation in hand for GCV but am on the waitlist for 3 nights in either Studio or 1BR unit. There are only 2 of us going ... so the larger unit won't be particularly appreciated. We can stay longer (that extra night) if we can downgrade the unit size.

My fingers crossed ... and I'm stalking inventory online daily!

Does anyone have experience with HHI wait list. I have two nights of a three night stay for July. I am nervous that the third (middle) night will not come through and wonder if I should find other arrangements. Thanks.

I booked AKV Jambo House for May 5-9, I just waitlisted with the VWL. I like the idea of taking the boat to the MK when the weather is nice. If it does not come through I'll be happy at AKV, but I figured it couldn't hurt try to waitlist.

I just started my first ever waitlist!

I had an extra 66 points to use up by August. I really want to stay at BWV. It's the only DVC resort in WDW that I haven't stayed at.

I ended up booking 4 nights at OKW and waitlisting BWV....hoping for some pixiedust:

Does anyone have experience with HHI wait list. I have two nights of a three night stay for July. I am nervous that the third (middle) night will not come through and wonder if I should find other arrangements. Thanks.

Summer is peak season at HHI. If you are definitely going and you are missing a night in the middle, I would secure a cash reservation (if there is still availability) so that you at least have a room. If the waitlist comes through, you can cancel the cash night. This is especially true if you are waitlisted for a studio or a 1BR since there are only 21 of each, compared to 76 2BR's.

We did this for our Easter vacation. We are arriving Saturday night but only had enough points for 4 weeknights. So at the 11 month mark, I made a cash reservation for the first two nights (Saturday and Sunday). At the 7-month mark, I was going to use my AKV and a few one-time use points to book Sunday night (only 25 points for a 2BR) but there was no availability when I called. So I waitlisted the Sunday night and crossed my fingers that it would come through. I wasn't really confident since there was no availability when I called at noon on the day the 7-month window opened, but it did come through.

I am a Worldmark member, trying to get a 3 bedroom or a couple of 2 bedrooms at Animal Kingdom through the RCI Exchange for November 2014. I know this is a while out but any tips/hints for the possabilities of getting it or what I can/should expect? This is my first time trying this.

Well, that's it, my wait list is expired. I was hoping that by some sheer stroke of luck, someone would cancel their 2 BR value at AKL so I could get one. :-( At least it's just 7 days until Disney!!

crampr said:

I have 2 nts in late July waitlisted for a studio at HHI, but also have a cash ressie for those same nites....just in case. Crossing my fingers that at least one, if not both nites, come thru!

Good luck to everyone!

Well, that's it, my wait list is expired. I was hoping that by some sheer stroke of luck, someone would cancel their 2 BR value at AKL so I could get one. :-( At least it's just 7 days until Disney!!

Awww...I am sorry to read this. I am waitlisted for a 2BR at Boardwalk and we arrive in three weeks. I should probably not hold my breath that I will get it. I was tempted to waitlist at Kidani as well for a 2BR. I still might do that. :confused3

kittylady1972 said:
Another frequent waitlister here...ok maybe not frequent but I've definitely had a few of them in my history. Some successful and some not so much.

I am hopeful that I'll win this game of Resort Waitlist Roulette but the problem is...I'm not sure which waitlist I'd rather win??? :rotfl2:

Currently booked for four nights at OKW in January...slow season, so I'm hopeful for lots of cancellations and changes. I check almost daily on availability at other resorts. We have 7 of us, and it would be nice to get a 2BR but I'm also open to doing a 1BR and Studio or 2 studios somewhere, but you can't do that kind of waitlist easily or online. So instead I check often to see what's out there.

So right now we are waitlisted for a 2BR Standard View at Kidani AND/OR a 2BR Standard View at Boardwalk. This morning I noticed a 1BR Standard View at Kidani was open for all 4 nights...but no studios at any view level for those same four nights and 2 1BRs would be more points than I'd want to part with right now.

There was also a 1BR Std View open at Boardwalk...for Fri and Sun night but not Sat or Mon night. So I'm hopeful that maybe that will open up.

I wish I knew my chances of getting any of these. I feel pretty good that we might get one of the two waitlists sometime in the next four weeks but if not we are okay with OKW! :goodvibes

What dates? I just gave up a studio savanna view at kidani

I checked my email this morning & my waitlist came through!

July 7 at HHI was the night I was missing.

:drive: We are driving down end of June staying HHI, continuing down to WDW 29-7 & we'll be back at HHI now on the 7th!

Yay! :goodvibes

I checked my email this morning & my waitlist came through!

July 7 at HHI was the night I was missing.

Yay! :goodvibes

That was a great score. :thumbsup2 Last weekend I was able to book us at Disney's HH for 7/9 in a studio on points (15 pts.) and a cash reservation for 7/10 - 7/13 ($272. per night). I then waitlisted only 7/10 and 7/11 since the points for weekends are so much more (27 pts). I would love for those two nights to come through, but at least we are booked for all 4 nights. I must say, I was shocked at how much availability there was for cash nights - not just for the time I booked.

Your post gives me hope for those 2 nights. pixiedust:

We just booked the trip and had to add the waitlist request on Jan. 6--I was very surprised to see the email this morning. We needed a 2bedroom--for the six of us.

We've been busy doing our happy dances at home-so excited to be going back. And this was great news.

Good luck with your waitlist! :)

What dates? I just gave up a studio savanna view at kidani

Ooops I never answered...our dates are Jan. 25th - Jan. 29th. I've been checking almost every day for studios, 1BR and 2BR units. We have a reservation at Old Key West and I'm pretty sure we'll just end up staying there.

My waitlist expires next week. After that I still plan on stalking the DVC Reservations every day to see if something opens up VERY last minute! :lmao:

Well it's certainly not looking great for my waitlists at Boardwalk. I added a 2BR both for standard and Boardwalk views but so far nothing. I only have a few more days until they both expire. So this morning I dropped the Boardwalk View and added Kidani 2BR Standard View as my 2nd waitlist.

I have no idea what my chances are of this happening but I guess once they expire this week I'll start regularly checking each and every day for possible cancellations within our 7 day window. I wonder if anybody has had any luck changing their reservation that close to a trip??? :confused:

Add me to the club! I have two days for our early December trip waitlisted. If they come thru I will be thrilled but if not, it gives us a chance to try out AoA or head over to the Darkside for a few nights.

Good luck everyone!!!

Due to some crummy circumstances, we had BCV for May, had to cancel the trip due to airline overcharging us for flight changes due to DH having to change the dates, sent a complaint and had our complaint handled better than expected and were able to rebook. We're at SSR right now and had to waitlist to try to get a studio for BCV back for May 14-19. REALLY praying for a miracle, but ok with staying home too! Better than the alternative...not going at all.

Due to some crummy circumstances, we had BCV for May, had to cancel the trip due to airline overcharging us for flight changes due to DH having to change the dates, sent a complaint and had our complaint handled better than expected and were able to rebook. We're at SSR right now and had to waitlist to try to get a studio for BCV back for May 14-19. REALLY praying for a miracle, but ok with staying home too! Better than the alternative...not going at all.

Ugh...I'm so sorry to hear that. Hoping you have plenty of time for your waitlist to come through! :)

Agree with better than the alternative. I think at this point we will end up at Old Key West but now I am seriously considering changing because we will be dealing with a scooter now and I recall that there are no elevators at the OKW upper floors so if we don't get lower level...we'll be hauling that scooter upstairs every day to charge it which will suck. We've done it before (back in 2007) and I remember how fun it was NOT! :bitelip:

Well, my waitlist for January never came through but my waitlist for October did, and then DH had to change the dates. :worried: Now, we are waitlisted again for 1 night in an AKL value studio but at the end of our trip. I'm just hoping I can get a Boardwalk standard view studio instead for our whole trip. Only 2 months until I can see if they're available.

Waiting for July 3-5 for Hilton Head studio. Meanwhile, we're booked on cash for those dates. It will be our first trip there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter