VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy...thoughts and prayers coming your way....

Stopher..glad things went well. Welcome home...and LOVE the Disneyland photos!!

Muush...so sorry to hear of your loss. I truly believe in the broken heart idea. My father died of a broken heart as well...

:grouphug:

OOOOH, ooooh - and take at look at this! I was so very excited to see something NEW and different in the shops at DL. I just HAD to get a pair of these for DW and I. We both are tea drinkers (not coffee), and so I just HAD to give the mouse a bit of money to bring these home with me. Dishwasher safe, and ready to be used. Green for DW (her favorite color) and white for me. (though I wish they had a blue one which is my favorite). The "box" is round, with a sold base and top, with "Fantasyland" several times around the bottom. Then the top you see in this picture. It's clear plastic around the middle.

IMG_20110721_205057.jpg

There was a set of glass tumblers celebrating the original lands that I would have liked to purchase as well, but they only had 3 of the original lands in stock, and I would have preferred to have all 5, so I skipped them. Perhaps when I return in October they'll all be there. Now I know what to look for!

I love seeing classic imagery and concept art being made into different items at DL. Now if they would start more of that at WDW too, I could come home with some new items the next time I visit...

Barb - I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

Stopher - great pics! I haven't been to DL since I was 7. Looking forward to getting out there again.

Thank you Groupies, for all of your support.:hug:

Stopher, those pictures make me want to drag Mr Muush on a plane! I really want to go there now.

IMG_20110721_205057.jpg

There was a set of glass tumblers celebrating the original lands that I would have liked to purchase as well, but they only had 3 of the original lands in stock, and I would have preferred to have all 5, so I skipped them. Perhaps when I return in October they'll all be there. Now I know what to look for!

I love seeing classic imagery and concept art being made into different items at DL. Now if they would start more of that at WDW too, I could come home with some new items the next time I visit...

Ooooohhhhh - I like!!! I've been wanting a new cup or two and those are great. The tumblers sound interesting also. Just can't tell DH that I'm going to try and squish some more glassware into the cupboard....... :rotfl: It's nice to see some new items coming out.

Muushka - So sorry to hear about your loss, there are always things that make us realize how fragile life really is. We need to take the time and enjoy it while we still can.

Stopher - Thanks for the pictures! I haven't been out there since the previews before the new rides opened and I've been avoiding it since then because of fear of crowds. Hopefully they have died down a bit since the initial hype from the new rides opening. It looks like a completely different park. I'm going to miss the letters. :sad2:

I doubt that I'll get out there until after the Expo. Our Estate Sale is rapidly approaching. Only four days left to prepare, the professionals are handling it for Tuesday and Wednesday next week for their clients, then we'll have Thursday and Friday to get ready for the blowout Garage Sale where everything will be priced to fly out the door. I've already got the meeting with the contractor set up to begin work once the Estate/Garage sales are over. It will be nice to close this chapter of our lives and move on. Not to mention the rental income, as this property is only 1 block away from the beach! :thumbsup2

Once that's over, I'll need to take some relaxation time before I'll have the energy to visit Disneyland again! Thanks for giving me a vicarious fix!

Hi Groupies:

So sorry that I haven't been on in a while but it's been a busy week with my mother and keeping on top of everything else.

Who else is enjoying this heatwave?:eek: Currently 104, heat index 123 in NJ. For those of you that are dealing with this please be careful!

Catch up time...

blossomz ~ Definitely request the Springs. If a villa is not available try for the Grandstand near the bus stop/pool. Good luck and I hope everything will work out for you.

jimmytammy ~ Thanks for the update on Stan. Prayers will continue for him.

twokats ~ I'm so sorry to read about your mom and your son. Hugs and prayers to all of you during this difficult time. Having a great support system and love from your family will help you get through this.

Inkmahm ~ Congrats on your upcoming cruise to Canada. What ports will you be stopping at? DH/I went on a cruise to Canada in 2008 and loved it. I'll be glad to help you out if I can.

stopher1 ~ Welcome back. Your grandmother would be proud of all of you for such a beautiful service. Having relatives from ten different states to celebrate her life is amazing. Glad you had a great time at DL and I enjoyed the pictures. Prayers will continue for your FIL.

Muuska ~ I'm so sorry to read about your friends. Hugs to you.

franandaj ~ Good luck with the upcoming estate sale.

Today is DH's/I 16th anniversary and need to get a few things done before he arrives home from work. Plan A was to sit on our deck and have a nice dinner but due to the heat we will eat inside. I was also hoping to sit by the fire pit tonight with a nice glass of wine but I think it's just a tab bit too hot for that too!

Be careful everyone with this heat and enjoy the weekend.

Twokats and Muushka....sending you both big hugs and holding you close in thought and prayer !

Stopher....your photos and descriptions are awesome. I have always wanted to stay in the Disneyland Hotel.

Stopher Thank you for your wonderful pictures. When I was there a few months ago they still had all the plywood up at the entrance. Being a Northern CA girl and having my two adult children living in SO CA I do get down there fairly but often but now I am really excited for my next trip in Sept!!!

Barb So sorry for the loss of friends. Dont beat yourself up, life gets us enough as it is. Tammys Dad passed of ALS(long story but it lead us into being Disney crazy)at age 52. ALS is very debilitating, so if he passed early, count it as a blessing. Not trying to be cruel, but as his caregivers, we saw 1st hand how tough it got for him, so rejoice in your friend being reunited with his DW, and long for the day when you and Chuck can rejoice with them where there is no more sickness, only joy and peace in the Light of our Savior.

I Book, Happy 16th!!!

Stopher Our hopes are for an Aulani 1 week stay then GC at DisneyLand. Both will be 1st for us (except Kristian has been to Oahu once). But those pics just make us all the more excited to go to DisneyLand!! Thanks for sharing.

Hoping to make contact with Stan Sat. night, and hoping he will be home with good news:thumbsup2

Stopher, those pictures make me want to drag Mr Muush on a plane! I really want to go there now.

Do it! Skip a cruise next year and fly west - or better yet - fly west and combine with a DCL Cruise to Alaska or Mexico to mix up your cruising pleasure. If not the DCL Cruises, go on Princess, the "Love Boat". (Sorry, I just watched some old episodes on the plane coming back home and the LB is still on my mind. It was always fun whenever the family would be in or around San Pedro to see if any of the Princess ships were coming in or out of the harbor... Julie and Vicki were my favorites... funny how I got my own Julie in real life. :) Growing up out there, I can bring up so many different tv shows filmed in and around So Cal and somehow weave it back in to a story one way or another. :rotfl: ) But seriously... get Mr Muush on that plane and head west! No matter when you go you'll love it... but especially the Candlelight Processional if you go in early December.

Stopher Our hopes are for an Aulani 1 week stay then GC at DisneyLand. Both will be 1st for us (except Kristian has been to Oahu once). But those pics just make us all the more excited to go to DisneyLand!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. But if you really want to get your juices pumping, and get ready for your trip west, check out this thread of mine over in the Dads sub-forum.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718241

It's still a work in progress with a few areas I haven't finished filling in yet, and a few things need to be updated now with new attractions, restaurantes and such opened up... but it gives an even bigger picture of what Disneyland is like, compared to Walt Disney World than I could do in a quick little post here.

Stopher
All I can say is WOW!!!! to those Disneyland posts. I will read them Sun when I get time, but the pics are amazing!!

Do it! Skip a cruise next year and fly west - or better yet - fly west and combine with a DCL Cruise to Alaska or Mexico to mix up your cruising pleasure. If not the DCL Cruises, go on Princess, the "Love Boat". (Sorry, I just watched some old episodes on the plane coming back home and the LB is still on my mind. It was always fun whenever the family would be in or around San Pedro to see if any of the Princess ships were coming in or out of the harbor... Julie and Vicki were my favorites... funny how I got my own Julie in real life. :) Growing up out there, I can bring up so many different tv shows filmed in and around So Cal and somehow weave it back in to a story one way or another. :rotfl: ) But seriously... get Mr Muush on that plane and head west! No matter when you go you'll love it... but especially the Candlelight Processional if you go in early December.

Actually our cruise line of choice sails out of CA for Panama Canals. We would love to do a DCL Panama Canal, but too $$$:scared1:

But going in Dec and seeing the CP, that would be a dream vacation of us.

I love the name Julie!

I'm new to the group.

Thanks for the great California pics. I have not been there since I was 9.

Glad to be here. Wilderness Lodge rocks:cool1::) I will be there in December!

AnniversaryGuy.

PS: Hi DiznyDad! :)

My hugs go out to all of my fellow groupies who are going through trying times. I hope that you find the strength to push through the rain that life puts into our lives.

Welcome to AnniversaryGuy! Feel free to pull up a moose soggy and stay a while. If this wonderful group can accept me, they can accept anyone, certainly you.

In other news, I need a WDW fix. I love WDW and don't consider my trips there to be a vacation, more like a homecoming.

I'm new to the group.

Thanks for the great California pics. I have not been there since I was 9.

Glad to be here. Wilderness Lodge rocks:cool1::) I will be there in December!

AnniversaryGuy.

PS: Hi DiznyDad! :)

Welcome AnniversaryGuy! BTW you forgot to say hello to your DW! ;) :lovestruc

Happy Anniversary Trish! :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter