VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off - how's your sister doing?

Second... did you see the pictures?

I saw the pictures, they were wonderful. You did such a great job. I look forward to meeting the Mrs. one of these days!

My sister is doing well physically. Her lesions are shrinking with the antibiotics and she does well in PT. Her biggest hurdle will be her speech. I felt compelled to tell everyone she worked with that my sister is one of the most intelligent people, a pharmacist too! Just because they would think that she was just uttering jibberish, but it really did mean something! Very frustrating.:scared1:

I saw the pictures, they were wonderful. You did such a great job. I look forward to meeting the Mrs. one of these days!

My sister is doing well physically. Her lesions are shrinking with the antibiotics and she does well in PT. Her biggest hurdle will be her speech. I felt compelled to tell everyone she worked with that my sister is one of the most intelligent people, a pharmacist too! Just because they would think that she was just uttering jibberish, but it really did mean something! Very frustrating.:scared1:

That's great that she's doing well physically. Praying for her speech and the continued PT.

BTW - I wasn't fishing for a compliment (even though I say thank you) - I just knew you would enjoy them and wanted to make sure you didn't miss them.

Friends, I have a new request for you, if you would, please.

Just in tonight, news that my 93 yr old grandmother fell today and broke her left hip. It's a pretty severe break at the joint, and surgery is pending probably on Friday... though the doctors are very concerned as apparently she's been having heart troubles as well. (No one in the family knew this prior to her falling apparently).

Plus, my uncle, her son, has had a bad spike in his EKG score and is facing a bit of concern from his doctors as well. He had a stent put in back in Septebmer the last time his numbers were this high. My grandfather died of a massive heart attack at 63 back in '79 - and my uncle is 65, so naturally he, my dad, and my aunts are concerned. (Side note - my dad, who is older than my uncle - praises his birthday each year since he adds a year to "beating" his dad. We laugh each time he says it, but it is so very true).

So if you don't mind, and I know you don't, some heavenward conversations would be appreciated when you have some time to share. Thank you!

some heavenward conversations would be appreciated when you have some time to share. Thank you!
Absolutely stopher1 ! Prayers going out to your grandmom and your uncle. Hoping all goes well for both of them. Bless your grandmother....at 93, for having to undergo surgery.

I found out yesterday that my good friend's kidney transplant went well. He is still in the hospital on pain and anti-rejection meds....but hanging in there and doing well. My prayers were so answered. I truly believe in the healing power of prayer. So you got it Stopher !

My thoughts and prayers continue for all our groupies and groupie friends and relatives. :grouphug:

And congrats to the new lodge owners! :banana:

I wish we were there right now. The blankets are back on the horses for our second winter storm in the past 8 days. The last dumped 2+ feet and this one may be a foot or so. At least it's better than the 8+ feet they got up in the mountains and the 4+ feet they may get this time. :scared1: How many points would it take to stay at the lodge from mid-Dec to April 1st? I wonder if I could help pay for it by putting my horses to work at the stables. :rotfl:

I'm back to ask for one other to be added to the prayers. Just got a call from my nephew who was quite upset. My BIL (Ron) had been undergoing chemo for colon cancer that had spread into the surrounding lymphatic system. Today was the first check up following the 8 months of treatments and they have discovered spots on his liver. Monday will be a meeting with two more doctors to determine how to proceed. Everyone had been hoping for really good news and got even worse. All thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Kathy...you got entirely too much snow....sorry about that :sad2:

And you definitely have my prayers for Ron----that is such difficult news to hear after they have been hoping for so much better. I pray there is a new treatment the doctors can give to help your BIL. Hugs !

Prayer requests from all being sent in His name.

Welcome Home to Fran!! And you were already a groupie;)

We lift up all of our Groupies heavenward that He may indeed comfort and soothe those of His that need Him. :littleangel:

And congratulations to franandaj! :cool1:

Name your top 3 rides and why

1. Splash Mt. Its got thrills, it can be mild, it lasts for a good while, love the characters

2. Buzz Lightyear It brings out the competitor in me(that I didnt know was there:confused3), just wish it lasted a while longer. Toy Story Mania would probably rank right up there, but honestly havent ridden enough to assess it yet

3. Pirates of the Caribbean Brings out the little boy in me. I remember playing Pirates as a boy so this along with Walts influence make it a must do every trip

Hon. Mention Haunted Mansion Halloween on a ride, who doesnt like a good ol spooky house to get the blood flowing?

I'm a thrill seeker...this is hard because I LOVE so many !
1) Space Mtn (love the feeling of flying !)
2) Big Thunder Mtn Railroad (again....speed, twists, drops, and reminds me of WL/VWL !)
3) Haunted Mansion : just an all-around well-done spooky house. Doesn't feel "cheesy" like many haunted houses do. Themeing is great (but this can be said for so many WDW attractions).

Runners up for me : Test Track (speed), Soarin' (again, feel like I'm floating or flying), Peter Pan (a CLASSIC !)

1) Kali River rapids. Since we tend to go when it's nuclear hot outside, we love this ride and we love trying to rotate the barge so some one gets a direct hit from the water fall.

2)Haunted mansion all of disney's rides show great attention to details but this one is the best IMO. every time I ride it I see some thing new.

3) Muppet 3D. It's corny, chintz and funny. and you've got Ms. Piggy. what more can you ask for.

Hon. mention. Soarin' I love the interactiveness (is that a word). how you can smell the oranges and the pine trees.

1. Haunted Mansion, hands down, slam dunk
2. Splash Mountain, love the theming and love the ride.
3. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, theming plus those drops! It's DW's favorite. She even has the t-shirt!

1. ThunderRailRoad-Just love how it bounces me around and its just so much fun to scream on it. Feel like a kid again.

2. Dinosaur-Love being thrown around and in the dark. Plus I have always loved dinosaurs in general. Just a great ride!

3. Haunted Mansion-Pure nostalgia. Plus its funny and who doesn't appreciate dark humor??

:yay: So today I got word that my VWL contract closed today! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now I am officially a group AND an owner! :cool1: :dance3::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I closed on my VWL contract just about this time last year, so I know how excited you are. Welcome Home!:thumbsup2

TOP 3 RIDES
Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller Coaster
0-60 in 3 seconds? Can't. . .beat. . .that. . .rush :cool1:
Hollywood's Tower of Terror
Great theming. Unpredictable. Exhilarating!

Expedition Everest
Especially at night. . .five times in a row. . .and the last ride of the night. . .in 40F temp at Christmas time!

HONORABLE MENTION:
Pirates of the Haunted Space Mountain

A Grandmother update:

I have learned from my aunt in CA that my grandmother's surgery for her hip may not even happen, they just don't know. At this time the risk is way too high. She has suffered a heart attack, and her troponin levels need to stabalize and come back down again (not sure what that is, but ok). She remains in extreme pain, and is highly medicated. No one is sure whether or not the attack came when she fell or afterward. Sigh. Everyone out there is very sad and distressed seeing her that way because she was her jovial old self just a week ago for her 93rd birthday. I'm just very thankful that we saw her in December while we were out there.

I am an old timer DVCer but never been to the lodge! Staying in a studio with DH in April. so it is going to be quiet no kids for us! Questions?
Is there a pool that is a little quieter than the main pool? Should we request a certain room or area? Any other suggestions?

Kathy & Stopher, prayers to your grandmother and BIL....also to the rest of the groupies who are still wrestling with family related medical issues....

OK, now on to the fun!

I had this all figured out as it's an upcoming post in my PTR and before I could figure out my favorite WDW rides, I had to work out my DLR rides because many of them are better at DL, but not all....so here are my top WDW rides.

1) Rockin Rollercoaster
I think someone else said it 0 to 60 in 3 seconds! woohoo!

2) Expedition Everest
again speed rush!

3) Mission space
Adrenaline rush!

I am an old timer DVCer but never been to the lodge! Staying in a studio with DH in April. so it is going to be quiet no kids for us! Questions?
Is there a pool that is a little quieter than the main pool? Should we request a certain room or area? Any other suggestions?

Oh boy! Sounds like a nice stay indeed. We left our kids behind last year and did an adults only stay and had a wonderful time.

There is a quiet pool, right next to the villas. The main pool is over at the center of the main lodge section. The views are all pretty much the same - trees. Some have a slight view of the parking lot and main building, and some have a slight view of the lake - but mostly they're all trees. But that fits the theme of the resort.

Here's a view that Granny posted back on page 179... the green roof is the main lodge, the red roof is the villas section. The main pool is found between the wings of the main lodge. The villas, or quiet pool, is found next to the corner of the villas section, closest to the main lodge building, right in the shadowed area by the villas building.

AerialVWL-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter