VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORIBELL AND FRANANDAJ!!! :cool1::banana:

Thanks! The good news is that DH passed that nasty kidney stone over the weekend so no more worrying about that. He still has the parathyroid surgery ahead of him but we are hopeful that it will be an easy one that goes well for him.

Inkmahm...I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing much better. Prayers for him for the upcoming surgery.

4 more days for us! Dad continues to feel better, so he should be fine for when we go. He was so weak from being sick that he was worried about getting around WDW. But he is feeling normal again and getting his strength back.

Nicoal...Also great news about your father. I hope your trip is an awesome one! :)

Did the resort give you an option to use the safe at the front desk for free?

Every resort has a safe at the front desk that is available free of charge to guests. It's a little more pain to deal with than a room safe but we've had to use it for items too large for the room safe. I agree that it's weird that every room wouldn't have a safe. Go figure. :confused3

Granny Every resort has a safe at the front desk that is available free of charge to guests. It's a little more pain to deal with than a room safe but we've had to use it for items too large for the room safe. I agree that it's weird that every room wouldn't have a safe. Go figure. :confused3[/QUOTE said:
I appreciate that you Granny and eliza61, tgropp took the time to answer my question about the room safes. Thanks for your help.

We had a fabulous cruise. 10 days of beautiful weather, and bliss.

Welcome home Muush - so glad you had a great time.

Well Groupies - I've had an interesting week. Last week I survived cuts at work for the 4th time in as many years. Yay for that, but boo for the extra work I now get to absorb - and boo for those individuals whose jobs were cut. Ugh. But the BIGGER and BETTER news... the news that I am REALLY excited about....

... I've finished my Wood Badge Ticket - and am now awaiting my Beading Ceremony on May 23rd! :woohoo: In the Scouting world this is HUGE. As it was described to several of our youth recently - it's like completing 3 or 4 of their Eagle Projects. The amount of hours that went into it is truly astounding. Out of the more than 1.1 million participants since the Wood Badge training program began back in the '20's - only about 120,000 have actually completed it and earned their beads worldwide. Each participant is given 18 months from the conclusion of the practical course component of the training to complete their Ticket - made up of 5 S.M.A.R.T. goals. I completed 4 of the 5 within 5 months, and the final goal was completed last weekend - or by the conclusion of month 7. Beating the time allowance by 11 months is huge. I am so ecstatic and just had to share. :)

Hope you all have a great week!

I know virtually nothing regarding scouting, but congratulations are in order, anyway. :thumbsup2

Agree with this. Congrats Stopher!

Thanks for all the well wishes for our trip. 3 more sleeps :cool1:

Today is our anniversary. 9 years for us. Tomorrow is DH's bday. A week full of celebrations!

Off to get an eyebrow wax and run for some last minute items to pack.

Wouldn't you know it. Four days from departure and I get a sore throat and ear ache. Fortunately, I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I see a z-pack in my future.

We are staying at VWL in 10 days. We have never stayed here or WL before. We only have a studio so no washer or dryer. Is there a laundry room in the villa section or just in the main WL building?

We are staying at VWL in 10 days. We have never stayed here or WL before. We only have a studio so no washer or dryer. Is there a laundry room in the villa section or just in the main WL building?

There's a laundry room in the villas.

Today is our anniversary. 9 years for us. Tomorrow is DH's bday. A week full of celebrations!

It's our anniversary today too! :lovestruc 15 years for us. We won't be officially celebrating it until we arrive in Disney on 5/28. Happy anniversary to you! :lovestruc And happy birthday to your DH as well. :bday:

Eliza - sending out virtual hugs to you. :hug:

Stopher - congrats to you! I too know nothing about scouting but I commend you for your accomplishment.

Welcome back Muushka! :wave:

Happy belated birthday Loribell! :bday:

Wishing all of you that have trips coming up very shortly a wonderful time! Don't forget - We Like Pics!!! :teeth:

There's a laundry room in the villas.

pinkxray...the room is on the first floor, "behind" the elevators in the hallway closest to the main resort. Enjoy your trip! :)

WDad...sorry to hear of your ailment, and hoping it will clear up quickly for you.

Christopher...that achievement is certainly worthy of a Groupie round of applause!

clappinggh9.gif

Congratulations, happy birthday, get well wishes, happy anniversary and enjoy upcoming trips. Hope that covers everything that has been happening to the groupies!! ;)

DH, DD and I met with both my oncologists yesterday afternoon (and believe me it was a llloooonnnngggg afternoon and I was exhausted when we got home). My test results stated that I do not need chemo. :woohoo: So I begin my radiation therapy Wednesday the 11th, and that will continue for six weeks. They were also pleased with how well I had healed.

I have an appointment for my mom with the pain management doctor in a week and a half. Some days are better than others, but she is a real trooper and is hanging in there.

okkp said:
okay that is a funny picture

Though you're asked not to feed them, and I don't, obviously people do because the ponies will walk right up to you. (Photo taken by Happy John who, apparently, is a frequent traveller on the AT.)
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11142.jpg

Yep, he thought he'd find a snack in my pocket while failing to realize that in the mesh pocket of my camelback there was a whole pouch of trail mix. ;)

Safe and fun travels to those of you leaving soon, and hopefully no illness will slow any of you down, either. Pics are always a good thing. . .

We're up to 248... we need to start a new thread...

...I'm up to taking it on myself if you'd like... or if eliza wants to do it once again that's cool - but we need to do it soon.

Leaving Vero Beach today.....heading to the WL !

Heading towards our beloved Lodge! :woohoo:

It never gets old....driving under the entrance arch, up the driveway as the majestic Lodge rises before you in all its glory...getting out of the car and catching the first sounds of the music...through the whoosh of the double doors and into the grand lobby....

AHHHHHHHH

Enjoy your vacation, Maria. :)

We're up to 248... we need to start a new thread...

...I'm up to taking it on myself if you'd like... or if eliza wants to do it once again that's cool - but we need to do it soon.

Yes indeedy. So, who's it gonna be???????

Leaving Vero Beach today.....heading to the WL !

Have fun Maria! I'll be at your Vero in early Nov, save a spot for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter