VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

During the Christmas Season, they have Sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness. You pick up your sleigh (seat ~4) right outside the Trading post by the boat docks, near the horse barns. Cool ride! Sleigh bells and all!

DiznyDi and I have also taken the fireworks wagon ride, also at Fort Wilderness. It is a large wagon that loads up, say 20 folks, and positions itself off in the woods between the campground and Golden Oak. Also a good time ride!

Make reservations for both!!
Thanks DizDad, I had never heard of the fireworks wagon ride before. We have done the Fireworks cruise but the wagon ride is something we will look into.

Well, I hate to see a day go by without at least one post on our Groupies thread, so I guess it's up to the 'Dog to do it. Let's see. Snowed here again today. Ditto on the cold. Just an inch or so here though I think JT got more, oddly enough. Expecting more Wed/Thu, up to 6". And here I thought a couple of weeks ago that winter was going to sneak by us and just launch into spring. Hah! I do not care for winter, Sam I Am. I do not like it in my chair; I do not like to see it in the air. I do not like it on my deck; I will not like it one little speck. I do not care for winter for the cold, the ice it molds, the blankets I'm forced to fold. I do not like cabin fever; I do not like it ever. I do not like the cold, Sam I Am. . .so STOP IT! :crazy2: :faint:

Well, I hate to see a day go by without at least one post on our Groupies thread, so I guess it's up to the 'Dog to do it. Let's see. Snowed here again today. Ditto on the cold. Just an inch or so here though I think JT got more, oddly enough. Expecting more Wed/Thu, up to 6". And here I thought a couple of weeks ago that winter was going to sneak by us and just launch into spring. Hah! I do not care for winter, Sam I Am. I do not like it in my chair; I do not like to see it in the air. I do not like it on my deck; I will not like it one little speck. I do not care for winter for the cold, the ice it molds, the blankets I'm forced to fold. I do not like cabin fever; I do not like it ever. I do not like the cold, Sam I Am. . .so STOP IT! :crazy2: :faint:
I agree, enough already!:charac2:

We are expecting 4-6" by this time tomorrow, in addition to the surprise we woke to yesterday AM.

Cant wait til spring arrives, for all of us

I give winter 3 days to get out of Dodge. I refuse to pay old man winter after that. :earboy2:

I just want to be back in WDW!

;)
WD Thats a very nice thing to do for those folks:)
Agreed. Although, I've heard there's one DVC on site with a broken elevator, flickering power and reports of ghosts... steer clear of that one.;)

Speaking of other DVCs, the Poly is now open for reservations. I'm not really into the Poly's style, but my sister and daughter are. (Much to their disappointment, I'm sticking with the lodge for the summer trip ;) )

Luv wanted to check them out given they were her emotional favorite early in her adult life, so she managed to snag a room on 22 Sep for the first night of her annual Girls' Nights Out meet.

And while I was booking their studio at the Poly, I enquired about the availability of a Bungalow for our August, 4-night vacation. They said it was available, so I bit the bullet and turned the crank on that. We'll be staying at a Poly Bungalow for 4 nights in August! Once my wife learned what a Bungalow was and saw pictures of them, she said, "I'll just stay right here for the entire vacation." :)

This is most likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. We'll still be staying 6 nights in December at VWL and 6 nights at AKV Kidani in December. Gotta love DVC...

Hopefully, the following will be open in August. If so, you'll find me here most evenings.

• Located on the first floor of the Great Ceremonial House, Trader Sam's Grog Grotto offers handcrafted Polynesian-infused drinks and tasty small plates in a lively Tiki-themed atmosphere. Head off to this world-famous oasis for exotic libations among Trader Sam's collection of priceless souvenirs from around the globe.

Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked a bit, soaking up room location ideas, etc.

I'm not totally new to the Lodge; we stayed in a bunk bed room last year for a few nights since I wasted too many points to try the Grand that trip ;) We all fell madly in love with everything about the property and knew before we left that we would be trying for a villa for this trip. I was definitely thrilled to get one at the 7 month mark.

Now if the next 3 weeks could fly by....

And while I was booking their studio at the Poly, I enquired about the availability of a Bungalow for our August, 4-night vacation. They said it was available, so I bit the bullet and turned the crank on that. We'll be staying at a Poly Bungalow for 4 nights in August! Once my wife learned what a Bungalow was and saw pictures of them, she said, "I'll just stay right here for the entire vacation." :)

This is most likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. We'll still be staying 6 nights in December at VWL and 6 nights at AKV Kidani in December. Gotta love DVC...

Ok WD,
now is the time to buy that video recorder you've been contemplating (ok so maybe you haven't but come on, it's the poly!)

Now I can't wait for YOUR VACATION.

Sighs, I was toying with the idea of sneaking out of town to wdw for 3 or 4 days in march. Winter is starting to get to me. yikes.
LOL, amazingly the crowd calendar stopped me. I forgot this is spring break time. so I guess I'll live through other folks until our August vacation.

Although I've hit the 99 day mark on our very first cruise.

We're all wishing we were at the world so it's time for a little,

"Where in the world"???

Sort of like Where's Waldo only you have to say where you would be standing if you were looking at this picture.
It can be anywhere, in a park, on a ride, in a restaurant or a resort.

. . . . . This is most likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. . . . .

W/D - yup; take it! With only 20 available, unless you can get in on the 11 month booking, I suspect they will be like getting into The Lodge at Christmas Time.

Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked a bit, soaking up room location ideas, etc.

I'm not totally new to the Lodge; we stayed in a bunk bed room last year for a few nights since I wasted too many points to try the Grand that trip ;) We all fell madly in love with everything about the property and knew before we left that we would be trying for a villa for this trip. I was definitely thrilled to get one at the 7 month mark.
Have fun. . .I know you will!

Last edited:
Okay, eliza, I'll play though I'm actually not very knowledgeable about places: 1) No clue. . .see? 2) Sci-Fi 3) SSR 4) MK entrance 5) BOG hallway 6) see answer #1 7) GF 8) Living with the Land 9) Journey of the Little Mermaid queue

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter