VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Way to go, Dad!! Of course, we'll want a full report, pics, etc., etc.

Sir, yes sir! I mean, dog, yes dog! I will provide a full report.

Report? I want a tour! I'll pay three dancing moose and a bouncing stitch. :D

I will try to keep my party from trashing the place before I get a nice video tour of the place. JK about trashing the place. We're careful DVC owners. Although, those dance moose sounds attractive...

Has anyone stayed in the 2BR's that are on the "diagonal" in the building? Namely, rooms 2519, 3519? We're staying in a dedicated 2 BR in August, and I just wanted to know how it's laid out, if it's somewhat larger/smaller then the rest, etc...... Thanks!
Welome to the groupies roydavid7771!!!!

Our one and only stay in a 2 bed ever was in that corner room, 2nd floor, facing the pool/lake. And we absolutely loved it!! I remember the CM at the front desk telling my DW that we got a good one, and we did! I am not sure on size as we have nothing to compare to, but it was laid out like a big Z with the middle part of the Z being a little more straight(if that makes sense). Mast. bed area was on one end, kitchen area just outside the door, then big LR, turn to right towards 2nd bed area, door to hall between. Mast. bed had private balcony, LR and 2 bed had balconies as well. To ask for this, dont be specific, but rather near elevators. IMO, this would be best shot at snagging one.

Anyone surprised at how much is still available at the 7 month window for Poly? :) :stir:popcorn::

Anyone surprised at how much is still available at the 7 month window for Poly? :) :stir:popcorn::
My first reaction a few weeks back was there would be plenty of availability, then I began to wonder how much there would given all the excitement in other threads, ending with seeming like there was plenty of availability given how most people seemed to be getting their desired dates (including Luv for 22 Sep). It will be fun to watch how the sales go for PVB.

Wishing MUUSH a very Happy Birthday!Our very best wishes to you as you celebrate this, your special day!

I'm so proud! I'm the first to wish Muush a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for 2016!

Hope your last one was grand!

Eek, I missed one...
Happy (belated) Birthday DisneyFreaks!!! :cake:

and for tomorrow.. a big
Happy Birthday Muushka!!! :cake:

Playing around with attachments...

I love the attachment! Thank you!

I'm sorry I forgot to check in yesterday. Thank you all for remembering Muush and her birthday.
You Groupies are the best.

I need your valuable opinions.

Next year (Thanksgiving week) we're taking family for a DVC trip. We'll be using 3 years of points, so our budget is 450.

I'm thinking OKW, a grand villa would be awesome (there are 9 of us). If not, a 2 BR and a 1 BR.

I love the space that it gives. But (isn't there always a but???) we would love to do BLT (2 BR and a studio).

It has been several years since we stayed at BLT, my question is, do you think the space in a 2 BR is doable for dining and socializing for 9? I know OKW is, but I'm unsure about BLT or if anyone has another suggestion. I know our beloved VWL, BCV, SSR and BWV are too small.

Anyone have any suggestions? And for that week, bookability? (if there is such a word!).

Have a great week everyone and thank you again for the birthday wishes.

Hello Groupies. It has been a long time since I checked in with you all. Have I missed a lot of excitement? I got very busy with family, church, and work. Not much time to play on my home computer. Winter has to almost be done now. Well maybe in four more weeks anyway. I did take time to check my reservation and it says 97 days until it is time to go back to the Lodge. I'll just focus on that. Hope all are doing well and surviving the winter blast(s). The wicked, nasty, brutal cold has drained spirits here in the mid west, but folks don't complain too much. Probably because we know the real suffering is in Boston and Hartford. I'll try to participate more often if I can.

greg

Hey Barb! Based on our stay in a 1 bed at BLT, I think a 2 bed would be fine for 9, but a GV at OKW would be way better. That said, the Master bed area and the LR area of the 1beds at BLT are good sized for sure. In comparison, the 1 beds at OKW are still bigger, esp. the LR area. That time of year may dictate whether you can land that ressie at 7 mos at BLT. A lake view tends to be the most likely. OKW will be a little easier at 7 mos for sure. BTW, still working on getting a meet in the works, had good intentions in Feb, looking more Marchish now:duck:

Greg, we understand. Life kicks in from time to time, just visit when you can, we will still be here:tilt:

I love Jimmy's details on room size and sleep-ability, but 9 even in a two BR; please Jimmy, give Barb the run down on the bathroom sizes! I personally need a lot of room for my toothbrush. . . . . .

I love Jimmy's details on room size and sleep-ability, but 9 even in a two BR; please Jimmy, give Barb the run down on the bathroom sizes! I personally need a lot of room for my toothbrush. . . . . .

Hmmm... building one of these in the bathroom area? http://product-images.highwire.com/2725140/vintage-lodge-tbh.jpg :-)

Someone here mentioned and had a pic many-a-pages-back of a ̶m̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ 3 bears in a canoe being used to serve sugar packets in WL concierge. Found it... and it's not what you think it is: (8-) Love this new feature. Liking this DISboards upgrade more and more each day.)

Last edited:

Silly Dad, there would also be studio in the mix. We're not totally nuts! 9 in a 2 BR, it would need to be followed up by a visit to the local mental health facility!

Hey Barb! Based on our stay in a 1 bed at BLT, I think a 2 bed would be fine for 9, but a GV at OKW would be way better. That said, the Master bed area and the LR area of the 1beds at BLT are good sized for sure. In comparison, the 1 beds at OKW are still bigger, esp. the LR area. That time of year may dictate whether you can land that ressie at 7 mos at BLT. A lake view tends to be the most likely. OKW will be a little easier at 7 mos for sure. BTW, still working on getting a meet in the works, had good intentions in Feb, looking more Marchish now:duck:

Thanks, JT. I thought I remembered the BLT living areas being pretty spacious. And I agree with the fact that OKW would be ideal and much easier to reserve. We need to talk with the fam about what is most important, so now I can add BLT to the list of options (hoping that we can book there!)

Thanks all!

9 would be cramped for sure, but is doable:crazy: Not sure how many BLT technically allow in a 2 bed, but physically, it can be done, just like a 2 bed at OKW. You have 2 in master bed, 4 in 2 bed area, 2 on pullout couch and 1 on sleeper chair, so hah, it can be done:duck:

But I agree with yall, I wouldnt do it either:headache:

Hmmm... building one of these in the bathroom area? http://product-images.highwire.com/2725140/vintage-lodge-tbh.jpg :-)

Someone here mentioned and had a pic many-a-pages-back of a moose in a canoe being used to serve sugar packets in WL concierge. Found it... and it's not what you think it is: (8-) Love this new feature. Liking this DISboards upgrade more and more each day.)

Oh I am so ordering this!! LOL

Hey Muush, lovely to hear from you and happy belated birthday.

So I've done 2 family reunions at the world. thankfully not everyone stayed with us. LOL.
I'd go with OKW.
We've never done BLT but we have done 8 in SSR and BCV's. Now the thing is, tightness for one or two days is great, no problem. Tightness for 6-7 days "wellllll"
Now I have to say when we did it 3 of the 8 were young kids so we had to factor in "running around" and "bouncing off the walls from too much sugar" room.

BLT does give you the advantage of walking to MK and I gotta say when we stayed at the Contemporary it was the one perk we quickly got use to.

Someone here mentioned and had a pic many-a-pages-back of a moose in a canoe being used to serve sugar packets in WL concierge. Found it... and it's not what you think it is: (8-) Love this new feature. Liking this DISboards upgrade more and more each day.)

That was me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Twinklebug!!! I'm so ordering this.

I've fallen off the groupie bus but I'm trying to jump back on! Sorry for the extended absence. As others have said this winter has been absolutely brutal here in MA. We've reached an all time record for snow. We had major damage from ice dams. It hasn't been fun. Now it's warming up & everything will start leaking & flooding. Good times! :sad: :mad:

So to eleviate my crabbiness I'm going to Disney World! I have to get away from this snow for a few days. Booked a trip for next Wed-Sun. Not DVC though. I'm out of points. :sad2: Moving around a lot but it's just me so I no big deal. I can live out of a suitcase for a few days. First day at POFQ, 2 nights at Dolphin, last night at YC. The boys have next Fri. off from school for a teacher professional day. I offered the trip to them & they said no! :eek: I've clearly done something wrong raising them! :rotfl: Oh well I'm going to enjoy some F&G time, meet some friends for lunch & hopefully enjoy sunny skies for the entire trip.

Kat - have a great time at Aulani!

:bday: Muushka!!! Sorry I missed it.

Take care groupie friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter