VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Just came across this thread....don't have time now to read all the pages but i will because we LOVE VWL!!!....I kind of made a stupid mistake....booked BLT for September and really regretting it so i had to waitlist VWL....hoping the whole week becomes available...fingers crossed!

Just came across this thread....don't have time now to read all the pages but i will because we LOVE VWL!!!....I kind of made a stupid mistake....booked BLT for September and really regretting it so i had to waitlist VWL....hoping the whole week becomes available...fingers crossed!
Welcome, fellow VWL groupie! Feel free to grab a moose icon and stay a spell.

WELCOME Princess!

Our little VWL Groupie thread has been an active thread on the DISBoards for 10 years now, and we're always glad to have people come along and join in. Pull up a rocker here on the virtual VWL porch and stay a while!

BLT is also a great resort and it's hard to beat walking to and from MK (especially after Wishes!). And VWL is of course a major construction zone at this point. But we still love it and even though part of what we really like (trees!) will probably never return in the same manner as it used to be, we know we will still find it to be a special place. Looking forward to having you join in our conversations. And good luck with your waitlist! :)

Welcome to the thread! And good luck on your waitlist. If it doesn't happen then BLT is also a great resort to be at and still on Bay Lake which is one of my favorite things about VWL too!

There is a small buffer of trees along the waterline, probably kept there for now to hide the mess from those on the water. I figure that eventually, those trees will be removed once they start putting the cabins in.

I think so too WD - especially for the cabins on the north side which would be in full view of the MK boats for all the construction. ::yes::

Welcome, Princess! We're glad happenstance brought you to our band of Groupies where the only prerequisite is a love of the Lodge (and a $50, umm, handling fee payable to moi). ;) Seriously, we're a genuinely friendly bunch where you can share as much or as little as you wish about yourself. If you start at Page 1, you'll notice we have a listing of trips to both Disney World & Land, as well as Disney cruises. If you care to add your name and dates, just shoot me a p.m. We also carry birthdays and anniversaries on that page, and for that info, please p.m. KAT4DISNEY. . .only if you wish to do either. No pressure. As for BLT, it's also one of my favorites due to its location and convenience. I wouldn't worry too much if the waitlist doesn't come through. Again, welcome aboard!

As for the mug situation, we stopped doing those years ago since we drink very little soda. Now, if they ever have a refillable mug for wine, then I'm on that like a duck on June bug!

:welcome:Princess!!! There's room for more than one here!!!! :rotfl:(I'm a self proclaimed princess myself!!!!!!)

OK, my FP window opened up today, and is it weird that I almost feel resentful that I'm forced to make these plans? I dunno, I do enjoy the fact I can plan some things ahead, but I do miss that thing called spontaneity. :scratchin

OK, my FP window opened up today, and is it weird that I almost feel resentful that I'm forced to make these plans? I dunno, I do enjoy the fact I can plan some things ahead, but I do miss that thing called spontaneity. :scratchin

Corinne...I know what you mean. We don't do a lot of FP booking before arriving...generally just do Toy Story Mania at least once. Other than that, we pretty much do our FPs during the trip at night for the next day. We have found that to work fine for us...we don't have many "must do" attractions. Same with the dining ADRs. So you can still be spontaneous as long as you don't care about potentially missing some attractions or restaurants. Honestly, for us, the FP+ system works much better than the old paper FP system since we are not early risers.

Happy Anniversary rfassett and Rebecca!!!!

Welcome to the groupies The Princess!!!!

Happy Weekend Folks!!!!
We have guests this weekend, Tammys BIL and his family(DW, Step son, and 3 little ones) flew in from England yesterday for there final 2 years before his retirement in the Air Force. They were in England for 5 years and he will now be stationed at Seymour Johnson in NC. They will be here till Mon and we are so excited to see them!

Planning a trip for Aug 2017 and already can't wait. Hoping most of the construction will be done by then but already thinking the pool won't be. I don't want to have to switch at 7 months but think it's probably likely since I don't think they will be done with the pool by then. But maybe this will be the first time construction goes fast at Disney. I really don't get the pace that they work at. Being from NE a project like that up here would be done slot quicker.

Last edited:
Planning a trip for Aug 2017 and already can't wait. Hoping most of the construction will be done by then but already thinking the pool won't be. I don't want to have to switch at 7 months but think it's probably likely since zip don't think they will be done with the pool by then. But maybe this will be the first time construction goes fast at Disney. I really don't get the pace that they work at. Being from NE a project like that up here would be done slot quicker.
I hate being a Disney apologist, but in this case I suspect a lot of the lack of speed is the fact the crews don't work sun up to sunset. When we were there, it was strictly 9-5 and no weekends. On the one hand, that's good for folks staying at the Lodge but not so much for speed of completion. Still, even with that schedule, one would think that work would go a bit faster. I wouldn't hold my breath for Aug of 2017 though it's possible. I have no knowledge other than my gut, but the spring of 2018 seems a better bet.

On that note, we're thinking of adding a quick trip in Feb for the Princess 10K. Undecided, so we'll ponder for awhile before deciding.

I hate being a Disney apologist, but in this case I suspect a lot of the lack of speed is the fact the crews don't work sun up to sunset. When we were there, it was strictly 9-5 and no weekends. On the one hand, that's good for folks staying at the Lodge but not so much for speed of completion. Still, even with that schedule, one would think that work would go a bit faster. I wouldn't hold my breath for Aug of 2017 though it's possible. I have no knowledge other than my gut, but the spring of 2018 seems a better bet.

On that note, we're thinking of adding a quick trip in Feb for the Princess 10K. Undecided, so we'll ponder for awhile before deciding.

Don't forget.....they zipped in and did the entire VWL refurb in approx 1 month. Perhaps it was a floor a week, so 5 weeks. Of course quality of the workmanship was a whole other thing.......

Dont ponder too long there might not be anything available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter