VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Planning a trip for Aug 2017 and already can't wait. Hoping most of the construction will be done by then but already thinking the pool won't be. I don't want to have to switch at 7 months but think it's probably likely since I don't think they will be done with the pool by then. But maybe this will be the first time construction goes fast at Disney. I really don't get the pace that they work at. Being from NE a project like that up here would be done slot quicker.

I think the construction pace is based on PBV sales. Disney doesn't like the idea of trying to sell two DVC resorts at one time if they can avoid it. So their perfect world would be for CCV to open for sales when PBV sells out. By all accounts, PBV has a ways to go before it sells out. I think VWL will be a construction zone until 2018. I'd like to think faster but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I think the construction pace is based on PBV sales. Disney doesn't like the idea of trying to sell two DVC resorts at one time if they can avoid it. So their perfect world would be for CCV to open for sales when PBV sells out. By all accounts, PBV has a ways to go before it sells out. I think VWL will be a construction zone until 2018. I'd like to think faster but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
I think you are all right.

Welcome, Princess! We're glad happenstance brought you to our band of Groupies where the only prerequisite is a love of the Lodge (and a $50, umm, handling fee payable to moi). ;) Seriously, we're a genuinely friendly bunch where you can share as much or as little as you wish about yourself. If you start at Page 1, you'll notice we have a listing of trips to both Disney World & Land, as well as Disney cruises. If you care to add your name and dates, just shoot me a p.m. We also carry birthdays and anniversaries on that page, and for that info, please p.m. KAT4DISNEY. . .only if you wish to do either. No pressure. As for BLT, it's also one of my favorites due to its location and convenience. I wouldn't worry too much if the waitlist doesn't come through. Again, welcome aboard!

As for the mug situation, we stopped doing those years ago since we drink very little soda. Now, if they ever have a refillable mug for wine, then I'm on that like a duck on June bug!

Who can we send this suggestion to? :laughing: I too would be all over that! We don't drink soda so the new machines & mugs don't impact us in any way. The boys still drink it from time to time mostly on vacations. It's funny though DS16 used to love Coke until we went to Europe last year. Their Coke is far less sweet than ours. He liked it so much better & now can't drink the US Coke anymore.

Countdown is officially on for New Zealand. 8 more sleeps! :banana::banana::banana::banana: I need to take DS16 shopping today for warm/waterproof shoes. So strange to be packing for winter weather when it's so hot here.

Happy birthday Hope! :bday:

Countdown is officially on for New Zealand. 8 more sleeps! :banana::banana::banana::banana: I need to take DS16 shopping today for warm/waterproof shoes. So strange to be packing for winter weather when it's so hot here.

Sweet, Julie!!! I know how much you love trips to that country, and I'm sure you'll have another awesome trip. Godspeed for safe travels. :)

Anybody else notice how long it takes for the DisBoards to load up now? It just may be my work computer, but I think there are more and more advertisements that need to be loaded before you can navigate around. I see this on a lot of web sites. I know SOMEBODY needs to pay for all of this, but . . . . . . . . . . . . .

By the way, we all must be really busy with summer activities . . .we were so far below the fold this AM, and I noticed that there is about 24 hrs between Jimmy's playful post above and my complaints. I guess I just needed to grumble a little this morning . . . but visiting this thread always picks me up. Thanks to all of the Groupies for holding up YOUR end!

DAD, you are doing your part to keep us relevant here and I for one appreciate it:-)Even though I have posted recently, I feel so out of the loop these days with this forum. I try to stay up with all thats going on but feel I have been MIA. Its been a busier than usual summer around here between work, last minute trips, etc. I didn't expect or intend it to be this way, just happened but I promise I will be a better groupie soon and get back in the groove:D

DIS has always loaded slowly on my computer. . .oh, wait, it's because I get skanky service from my internet provider who shall remain nameless. Let me just say that it seems like it's been over a century since I've had a good link for my computer needs. :rolleyes1 I do check on here at work from time to time during lunch break or other slow times, and we have an adblocker for our system which really speeds things along. I believe, Dad, that it's the onslaught of video ads the past couple of years that have gummed up the works. Yeah, call me grunchy if you want--that's the name Luv bestowed upon me recently. . .it's a cross between grouchy and grumpy. I think it fits. :surfweb:

Groupies I've really missed you! Sometimes life just happens.....
I used to be able to keep up with many of you on fb, but I've been so annoyed that I haven't even been there in over 3 weeks and not looking to go back any time soon.
Julie - sounds like another wonderful adventure for you and your son! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your report.
I've skimmed back through the thread and know that I've missed a few 'welcomes' and a couple of birthdays, so :welcome: to our new Groupies that have found their way over to our little corner of the Dis. And wishing those of you that have recently celebrated birthdays a very belated :bday:
Enjoy your day

I do try to keep up but sometimes it's hard!

There probably won't be a lot of posts from me over the next few weeks which will make it impossible to catch up when I get back. :(

Grunchy. :laughing:

Yeah, call me grunchy if you want--that's the name Luv bestowed upon me recently. . .it's a cross between grouchy and grumpy. I think it fits. :surfweb:

Oh, that's a good one! :rotfl: Good thing DW doesn't visit this thread! I think I'd have a new adjective attached to me!

I visit this thread every day but don't post if I really don't have anything to add. We are in a bit of a lull as far as Groupie trips so no news on CCV/BRV/VWL/???. I do venture to some other threads if they pique my interest but I tend to spend more time at a different web site these days. I hope all Groupies are having a great summer as we turn the calendar to August. :sunny:

Have you all seen the new rock lined beach edging they're putting up over at the Poly and GF? Seems likely to carry through to WL and the Fort. Not sure if they're doing this to all the waterways around property.
I recall thinking years ago, when they first told us to no longer step into the water, that it was strange they kept access to the water open. It was a long time coming.

Have you all seen the new rock lined beach edging they're putting up over at the Poly and GF? Seems likely to carry through to WL and the Fort. Not sure if they're doing this to all the waterways around property.
I recall thinking years ago, when they first told us to no longer step into the water, that it was strange they kept access to the water open. It was a long time coming.

Hi twinklebug! My understanding is that they are going to do this to all water access areas at all resorts. I've seen the rock & rope fence pictures around GF & Poly, and it appears that every current resort beach will end up with something like that. It will probably take them some time to accomplish this across the property, but my guess it will be done long before CCV is finished. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter