VR a celebration of rememberance:30th anniversary shouldn't you get to know us first?

So, I have posted on the wedding/honeymoon board and the creative disign board looking for ideas. Until I did that I was thinking I wouldn't mention of what I am trying to do, just in case FGM was reading along. I thought if I posted a finished product it would be like presenting her with it. This is the idea/issue.
I am looking for a creative way of presenting a sheet of paper with info on it. Okay, that sounds really really lame.

DH & I (I honestly mean I) have put together information relevant to each person we are considering inviting to the VR date of birth, as well as historical events on the anniversary of the date of our wedding through the years. My issue is I am trying to make it pretty/creative. I am not technically intelligent and it has taken me many many hours over a long period of time to put these together. So, I really want them to come across as nice.
DH thought perhaps print them on something relevant to how we came to be friends, like if we went to school together put it on a diploma, or if we were childhood friends print it on the back of a map of our childhood neighborhood. If we met at work, somehow in-cooperate that. I am not totally convinced, or it seems more like a starting point, or maybe I am looking for something to precursor this. I don't know. So, ... any ideas from you all?

To give you an idea of what it is going to be like, it will start like this...

"When Mark & I began planning the celebration of our 30 years of marriage we began to realize what an impact our friends have had on our life together over the years. Some of you have been there with a phone call. Some with a hug. Some have been there for one of us, some for both. Some have leant us money, Some time. Some a shoulder to cry on. Some we are blessed enough to call brother, or sister. Some we have raised, or are still raising. Some have been brought into our lives in the most unlikely of ways. Some have moved. Some have died. Some sat in pews 30 years ago to witness the beginning of our married life. Some entered our lives more recently, and some left too early. The one thing they all have in common is they have wanted us to succeed. They have wanted us to live happily ever after. That is true friendship. That is love.
So today, as we celebrate this milestone in our relationship, we want to celebrate you, our friends. To celebrate that you accept us for who we are, separately and together"
Then it will list each persons name & date of birth as well as tidbits of history that happened the year they were born. Seperately (I think anyway) we will list all the presidents since the oldest of guests was born, to present. Also, all the NHL,NBA,MLB, & NFL championships (which was intersting as some of these did not come to be until after many of our guests were not so young children.).
So, any thoughts. Either what else we could include, how to present them, how to print them, how to display the general info ones(like presidents & championships)? Oh, we will also include somewhere historical info on the anniversary of our wedding through the years.

Well, as you may or may not remember (if you have a memory like me it would be the later.), our 1st choice for resorts for the 2nd part of our trip was the Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary Resort. However due to being DVC members at SSR we had to wait until 7 months prior to our trip to try that reservation. ("home" resort, for us SSR you can reserve up to 11mnths out). When we tried we were unable to book the BLT (or 1st choice for beginning of our trip Boardwalk Villas). So, I have been checking on line almost every day hoping someone canceled their ressie for BLT & we can get in. Well... today some of the days opened up. I had to act quick, so I made a call to DH at work & he said go for it! We now have very strange split stay ressies that go like this...

Nov9-12 SSR GV and studio (DDBF)
Nov.12-15 BLT 2bdrm theme park view :goodvibes
Nov. 15-17 SSR 2 bdrm.

We are on the waitlist for the BWV GV & studio. I will also keep checking to see if the BLT 2bdrm or 1bdrm open up. Lake or theme park view. I am soooo happy. Looks like we may get to go to Top of the World for on our actual anniversary! YAY!!!

DD and I are planning on going dress shopping tomorrow. I don't plan on getting one yet, but looking with her will be fun. Maybe a little lunch too.

Woohoo!!! I'm glad you are getting closer to having the exact reservations that you want. I didn't know it was so hard to get what you wanted for DVC members. I just assumed that you always got first choice of everything. I hope BLT comes open for you! How hard is it to have a split stay when you fly? I have always wanted to stay at Beach Club but we would not to "afford it" for the whole trip. I have thought of doing a split stay but I don't know how I would move all of our junk. How do you guys move luggage?

So, I have posted on the wedding/honeymoon board and the creative disign board looking for ideas. Until I did that I was thinking I wouldn't mention of what I am trying to do, just in case FGM was reading along. I thought if I posted a finished product it would be like presenting her with it. This is the idea/issue.
I am looking for a creative way of presenting a sheet of paper with info on it. Okay, that sounds really really lame.

DH & I (I honestly mean I) have put together information relevant to each person we are considering inviting to the VR date of birth, as well as historical events on the anniversary of the date of our wedding through the years. My issue is I am trying to make it pretty/creative. I am not technically intelligent and it has taken me many many hours over a long period of time to put these together. So, I really want them to come across as nice.
DH thought perhaps print them on something relevant to how we came to be friends, like if we went to school together put it on a diploma, or if we were childhood friends print it on the back of a map of our childhood neighborhood. If we met at work, somehow in-cooperate that. I am not totally convinced, or it seems more like a starting point, or maybe I am looking for something to precursor this. I don't know. So, ... any ideas from you all?

To give you an idea of what it is going to be like, it will start like this...

"When Mark & I began planning the celebration of our 30 years of marriage we began to realize what an impact our friends have had on our life together over the years. Some of you have been there with a phone call. Some with a hug. Some have been there for one of us, some for both. Some have leant us money, Some time. Some a shoulder to cry on. Some we are blessed enough to call brother, or sister. Some we have raised, or are still raising. Some have been brought into our lives in the most unlikely of ways. Some have moved. Some have died. Some sat in pews 30 years ago to witness the beginning of our married life. Some entered our lives more recently, and some left too early. The one thing they all have in common is they have wanted us to succeed. They have wanted us to live happily ever after. That is true friendship. That is love.
So today, as we celebrate this milestone in our relationship, we want to celebrate you, our friends. To celebrate that you accept us for who we are, separately and together"
Then it will list each persons name & date of birth as well as tidbits of history that happened the year they were born. Seperately (I think anyway) we will list all the presidents since the oldest of guests was born, to present. Also, all the NHL,NBA,MLB, & NFL championships (which was intersting as some of these did not come to be until after many of our guests were not so young children.).
So, any thoughts. Either what else we could include, how to present them, how to print them, how to display the general info ones(like presidents & championships)? Oh, we will also include somewhere historical info on the anniversary of our wedding through the years.

That sounds like a great idea. How about prices of things from the year you were married?? Loaf of bread? Gas? Average house? etc......I think your guests will love your gifts!!!

Woohoo!!! I'm glad you are getting closer to having the exact reservations that you want. I didn't know it was so hard to get what you wanted for DVC members. I just assumed that you always got first choice of everything. I hope BLT comes open for you! How hard is it to have a split stay when you fly? I have always wanted to stay at Beach Club but we would not to "afford it" for the whole trip. I have thought of doing a split stay but I don't know how I would move all of our junk. How do you guys move luggage?
We usually rent a mini van. But we have had disney transfer the luggage before. I don't THINK that is a dvc exclusive bennie. It is very easy to get a reservation for the dvc resort you "own". It is some of the other resorts that are tough. Usually when one is a couple years new. Or if it has an exceptionally good pool. AKL has plenty of rooms for our stay, as does SSR, and OKW. (I do love OKW & SSR), but wanted something different this trip. We may end up picking up a 2 bdrm in AKL for the last 2 days. We'll see.

That sounds like a great idea. How about prices of things from the year you were married?? Loaf of bread? Gas? Average house? etc......I think your guests will love your gifts!!!
I love that idea! Thank you. I am going to add that info as well.) Now, if I could just come up with a creative way of presenting them to everyone. We may have dinner at a chinese restaurant, in which case we could put them in a chinese food carrier. But I wanted something more....elegant, or creative. I don't know. If you think of anything else... I'm listening.. erh, reading

Now, about your trip.... Are you just soooo excited? I would love to see an update of your count down calendar. You know, because I'm sure you have nothing else to do than take a photo & post for me. ;)

I did take a picture and put it on my PTR last night. ;) It's been a while since I've been able to read everyone's PTR's and TR's. I'm so excited that school is out so that I can catch up!!!

Woohoo!!! We leave two weeks from today! I'm ready to go tonight but I have SOOOOO much left to do!

Have a great Friday!!!

I did take a picture and put it on my PTR last night. ;) It's been a while since I've been able to read everyone's PTR's and TR's. I'm so excited that school is out so that I can catch up!!!

Woohoo!!! We leave two weeks from today! I'm ready to go tonight but I have SOOOOO much left to do!

Have a great Friday!!!

YAY for the end of school for you. Our schools don't get out until the 13th. TWO weeks!!!!! yay. you'll get it all done.

I checked your PTR just now, but didn't see the picture. I hope I am following the right PTR...that would be so typical of me. As, my mom used to say...spin us around 3x and we're lost. :lmao:

:offtopic:

Trying not to hit the drama board, but.... first dryer caught on fire (thanking God no serious damage or injury), but had to buy a new dryer then DH hit pot hole & $385. later... now shower pipe broke INSIDE wall & flooded bathroom. Not sure how much that will cost us. And we can't shower, only bathe. Which I am used to but adult kids are freaking out a bit. :lmao:

So if you all could send a little:wizard: pixie dust our way, that would be awesome!

OUCH!!!! 2012 has been a rough year for you guys!!! I hope the fix is quick and cheap!

Here's some extra pixiedust: that the rest of the year is cheaper than the beginning!! Whew!

OUCH!!!! 2012 has been a rough year for you guys!!! I hope the fix is quick and cheap!

Here's some extra pixiedust: that the rest of the year is cheaper than the beginning!! Whew!

Thanks Bridget! DBIL saved the day. He came over while DH was at Home Depot, had the tough part done. DH got home & the two of them fixed the plumbing end. (DBIL's Dad was a plumber & he was his apprendice, so he knows his stuff). Now we just have to deal with replacing the wall boards. Hopefully, that will be cheap too. then either paint or wallpaper. Hopefully, it won't touch our Disney fund. Although like a dear friend of mine used to say. ... "Thank Christ you have the money to fix...(fill in car, wall, plumbing, etc.)" That is what he would say to me every time I would begin to feel sorry for myself. He is always with me. :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Thanks Bridget! DBIL saved the day. He came over while DH was at Home Depot, had the tough part done. DH got home & the two of them fixed the plumbing end. (DBIL's Dad was a plumber & he was his apprendice, so he knows his stuff). Now we just have to deal with replacing the wall boards. Hopefully, that will be cheap too. then either paint or wallpaper. Hopefully, it won't touch our Disney fund. Although like a dear friend of mine used to say. ... "Thank Christ you have the money to fix...(fill in car, wall, plumbing, etc.)" That is what he would say to me every time I would begin to feel sorry for myself. He is always with me. :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

How nice that you have a DBIL that can help!!! My FIL is a great carpenter and general "house fixer-upper" so that comes in handy a lot of times! Yes be thankful that you have the money to pay for your repairs but it still hurts to have to use that money!

I hope you have a great week!!

thanks Bridget! I hope you had a nice weekend too. We had a wonderful weekend that ended with troubling news yesterday, but that is a story for another day.

I have decided to share some of our memories from our Disney trips over the years. I don't have exact dates on most of them, but I can estimate. So, without further adieu ...
scan0002.jpg

This is apprx 1998. DS#2 with DH. Andi Mation asked if son would like a balloon animal. Of course DS said yes, and Andi asked if he could bark like Pluto. DS started to say yes, but Andi insisted Dad show child the correct way to bark like Pluto, including getting on all four. :laughing:

I will try to follow up with one of each of my kids, and maybe even one of me.

fbook9.jpg

this is 2009 the triplets graduation trip. DS#2 is taking the photo. I love that a bunch of 17/18 year olds were happy to wear the matching shirts I made them. Even if they were extremely hot! I call this bunch my diskids.

disclaimer.... I did not create the clipart. I only printed on transfer paper, ironed & painted. the creative disigners n these boards were kind enough to share their designs with me.

scan0037.jpg

DH (some call him Mr. Incredible) oh, no that right MY DH is wearing the hawaiin shirt., DS#1, and DD#2

2030.jpg

last one for tonight. DS#2 was chosen to make the sound of the elephant. Which he was told by the gentleman in the photo with him, was the most pathetic elephant he had ever heard. :lmao:

LOVE the photos!!!! :love: It's so neat I bet looking back at them through the years at Disney!!!! Can't wait to see more. popcorn::

LOVE the photos!!!! :love: It's so neat I bet looking back at them through the years at Disney!!!! Can't wait to see more. popcorn::

Bridget... I have a picture just for you to further entice your DH with...

Our November stay during the day....
disneynov20103.jpg

and during the night....

disneynov201029.jpg

beautiful Christmas lights that change color on the castle!! And we wore shirts most nights. Nothing like mid-November in Disney. Other than MAYBE early December. :) How is that for enticing??

Our November stay during the day....
disneynov20103.jpg

and during the night....

disneynov201029.jpg

beautiful Christmas lights that change color on the castle!! And we wore shirts most nights. Nothing like mid-November in Disney. Other than MAYBE early December. :) How is that for enticing??

Whew!!! That is gorgeous!!! :cloud9::love::cloud9:

He's pretty much settled in to the fact that we will be at Disney every year or every other year. He really wants a motorcycle to ride with his friends for benefits and stuff. I told him that if he gets a motorcycle, I get what I want (which is a yearly Disney trip). Well, he's been pricing them and as soon as I sign a contract, he is buying one!

Whew!!! That is gorgeous!!! :cloud9::love::cloud9:

He's pretty much settled in to the fact that we will be at Disney every year or every other year. He really wants a motorcycle to ride with his friends for benefits and stuff. I told him that if he gets a motorcycle, I get what I want (which is a yearly Disney trip). Well, he's been pricing them and as soon as I sign a contract, he is buying one!

What is it with guys and motorcycles? Although, I know plenty of woman who enjoy them too. I have issues with motorcycles. But that is another story. At least you will get magical vacations from the deal. :love: Then when he wants to up to a larger/better bike you can go for the juggler & tell him you want dvc. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter