VR a celebration of rememberance:30th anniversary shouldn't you get to know us first?

No pictures yet. My father in-law passed away last week. My father became hospitalized, and I need to go for a biopsy tomorrow. All this the week of my youngest birthday. So, the VR/WDW trip has been on the back burner. I will wait to buy the last 3 tickets until after I find out how the biopsy comes back.

Dee

with all the negative updates I've been doing, I thought I would add a little positive....
I'd like to introduce our newest family member.... Dizzy. (as in Disney and as in the fact I suffer from vertigo and spend much time dizzy.)

Apparently Dizzy is not a fan of Cruella!

DizzywithCruellaDeVille8.jpg

We have already arranged house sitting for the w/e the adult kids will be joining us, now we have added "Dizzy sitting" to the responsibilities of the house sitter. :)

A couple of weeks ago we all gathered and decorated our own goody bags. Below is an example
a1816921.jpg

2b91aa42.jpg

then after everyone left I filled them...
f27ebfd0.jpg

I will hand these out sometime the week before we leave. Everyone can pack their own into their carry ons. then they can open them during the flight. My favorite are the vinylmations. The youngest 3 got decorate your own vinylmations and the older folks got regular ones.

I just posted pictures on post 66, around page 7, of items I will have at the VR party.

Below I am posting pictures of a few things that we will have at the VR party at home and the dessert party.

The first is a framed explanation (idea inspired by BethieTink on these boards)

3c9573d1.jpg

next we will have easels with either individual sheets of paper, or with flexible binders with information from either the year we were married or the years we & our guests were born going forward to present. (basically, the early 1950's to present)

f4c4db2e.jpg

we plan on having a basket with scrolls tied with ribbon in the basket. Each guest will recieve a scroll with historical events from the year they were born, each scroll ending with a disney fact from that year.
722eb7b2.jpg

:offtopic: More personal good news. My biopsy came back negative. :cool1:

Now, I am gunho on getting the airline tix. Planning on putting the pressure on DH this weekend. We will see.... wish me luck.

When I was putting together the scroll for each guests year of birth, I thought how I prefer to see dates/events through my life, things I may remember. So I composed the following pages. These will be on display in flexi binders on easels threw out the party. there will be one for each major Boston sport team. And some current events for the year we got married. Other than the 1982 date, I used the year of birth of the eldest guest.

I actually need to add, kudos to my kids and dh for helping be get this stuff together. If it had not been for them it would have taken WAY longer than it did.

Red Sox
cdcb27f7.jpg

Celtics
acaaea3d.jpg

Bruins
22d679c7.jpg

Patriots
444307b3.jpg

1982 events
94b7876e.jpg

746029e7.jpg

bd42a721.jpg

the one below is 2 seperate pages: left economy, right pop culture
12aeb84a.jpg

e74d8cbf.jpg

Finally, we made a decision on our flights. We are flying out of Boston to JFK then to Orlando. Arriving in Orlando around 8:30pm. Not ideal, but I just couldn't spend the extra $230. per ticket (3). We have never had a stop over flight before. And we will have to change flights. :scared1: I hope the magical express will take care of our luggage and not loose it along the way.

The good news is we are flying Jetblue, so atleast DD9 (and DH) will be entertained.

I think I forgot to mention that Jetblue changed our departure time & apparently it is a smaller plane, with seat configuration of 2 and 2. Well, with just the 3 of us, it is important to us to sit together. So I called JB and spoke with a very pleasant representative who helped me find a flight that had 3 & 3 configuration. And it came down to leaving about 5 hours ealier, or taking a flight the next day. hmmm... let me think... yeah, I'm okay with staying another night. So I told her I would call back after I found a room for us. I called DVC got a room, but it meant switching back to the first hotel we were staying at. But, I took it. And got put on the waitlist for a room at the same hotel (BWV) we had booked for our last few nights. And the next day it came thru!!! OH YEAH!!! So, the hotel ressies are like this

SSR GV 9th-12th
BLT 12th-15th
BWV 15th-18th

And we added MVMCP for the 12th (which is the night the triplets leave, so it should help DD9 recover a bit)

We will probably have to cancel the ressies for O'hana's due to the flight arriving in Orlando to late.

So the ever changing vow renewal vacation is... ever changing. So...stay tuned.

Hopefully invitations for the VR are going out this weekend. WE have changed them. I will post a picture after they are put together.

We actually did 2 separate invites because the actual vow renewal is intimate. Basically our kids, DDBF, the best man from our original wedding, and the couple who are joining us in WDW, and we have invited a friend of ours who has been my friend for 35 years.
The first invite is for those people. the second is for our friends and family who are invited to the party after. :cool1: If any of these people inquire about the VR itself, we will tell them they can go if they would like, we just don't think it is something everyone would be interested in attending.
The only thing different about them is the wording in the overlay.

The photo is from our original wedding, as we walked out of the church.

VRinvites2012005.jpg

VRinvites2012004.jpg

Whew I'm back and I see that I missed A LOT!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing away. I am excited that your biopsy was negative!!!! :thumbsup2 You certainly don't need anything else to worry about!! That's terrible about your computer! :badpc: Hope the guys gets it back really quick!!

Your countdown shows a little more than one month!!!! :hyper: Are you excited yet!??!?!

Glad to see that you bought all of your tickets!!! Oh and Dizzy is CUTE!!!!

I need to hang out more often! So sorry for leaving ya! :hug:

Whew I'm back and I see that I missed A LOT!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing away. I am excited that your biopsy was negative!!!! :thumbsup2 You certainly don't need anything else to worry about!! That's terrible about your computer! :badpc: Hope the guys gets it back really quick!!

Your countdown shows a little more than one month!!!! :hyper: Are you excited yet!??!?!

Glad to see that you bought all of your tickets!!! Oh and Dizzy is CUTE!!!!

I need to hang out more often! So sorry for leaving ya! :hug:

Thank you.

Yup, DD says 6 weeks! It's getting to be crunch time!!!

Tickets are bought, we are hoping they may consolidate two flights and perhaps we can change to a nonstop flight. They changed the times once, but only for 10 minutes. I called Jetblue who couldn't change my flight at no charge, but when I explained DH is nervous about making the connecting flight because I'll be in a wheelchair & DD is only 9. The woman was soooo nice she changed our seats to be as close to the front (for first exit) as possible, she also told me to make them aware when we board the plane of the fact we need to make a connecting flight.

We lucked out, Dizzy is a great dog!

Don't worry about keeping up with this thread. Although I love the company.
:)

Hope your job is going well!

Now, you need to start planning a fall trip!

5 weeks from tomorrow is our vow renewal! Which means 5 weeks from Friday we will be on WDW property, maybe even in a park!!:cool1:

Of course for the VR, I have no dress, no shoes, no jewelry, haven't ordered flowers, or a cake. hehe Not worried about the cake, we may just have a variety of desserts, and I could certainly live without any flowers. So, that is a no stresser. However.... I can NOT be naked! Not in a church VR, :rotfl2: If neccessary I have a very pretty black dress I could wear, I just don't think black is appropriate for renewing ones wedding vows. Maybe if I was renewing my vow as a nun. :upsidedow

I picked out a pretty dress online, and next week 2 of my children and my best friend are going to go to a dress shop nearby so I can try it on. It is pink, which is exactly the color I would like. I'll try to find a picture of it. A disbride is wearing it for one of her events. Funny she is a vr bride who is doing what seems like a beautiful all out vow renewal in Disney. Yeah, I am a bit jealous, but certainly which her the best. I had picked the dress out as the one I would like most if it looks good on me. She posted a photo of herself in it & it looks nice. we are about the same size it appears, so I am going to try it on next weekend. Hopefully, it will look nice & is not too expensive. (yea, I am a bit thrifty when it comes to certain things, like, clothes). I don't want to post the other womans link, but she is BethieTink. Her VW PTR is worth reading in my opinion, but if you just want to see the dress you can find it on her latest post. In the meantime, I will see if I can find it online & post.

I hope you like the dress. It gets closer and closer all the time and I must admit that I'm a bit jealous of you and the adventure you will soon have!! You all will have an amazing time!!!

Going see if I can see the dress!

Well... dress shopping was an adventure today. I tried on apprx. 30 dresses!!!!! 30!! I have huge balance issues!! That was a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG day!
I did not get over to the bridal shop to try "the one" on that I love, but I did buy one.
My dear friend was so kind to bring myself, DD, DS to a couple different stores. She is a true friend. She is so considerate and thoughtful and best of all, kindly truthful! If I tried one on she didn't like she just shook her head. :rotfl: "nuff said.
The one I bought we all agreed on. There was one they all LOVED. They said it was very flattering on me. Which, of course is great, but.... it felt like so many other dressed DH has seen me in. I really want the WOW factor. Not from everyone, just DH would be nice. ;) So, on we went. We all like the one I got. I will have DD take a picture this week and I'll post it. Just trying to resolve the dizzies. I took a meclizine, now off to bed.
But first.... I emaile the final dessert party menu to the event planner. I will post that soon as well.

BridgetR3.... thanks for staying iwth me.!

I'm glad you found a dress!!! One less thing to do! Can't wait to see pics of it!

Yum!! Desserts!! Definitely share that when you are finished with it.

Sorry about the balance issues. Hope your dizziness is all better by now.

3weeks from tonight is the VR :eek: We still have so much to do. In June we had a leak in the wall of our bathroom, where the shower is. So, we have been working on that, and it still isn't finished. DH works a lot of hours, and because of my dizzies, I can't do much. What I can do, I can only do in short periods of time. So, it is very pain stakingly slow. But, the walls are almost completely done. I have panels on the door that still need to be painted. Hopefully it will be completed tonight! pixiedust:

So, todays list goes something like this....
1)finish painting the bathroom
2)Also, I have to order the turkey, stuffing and the honey ham for the vow renewal itself. DD & I have been making cookie dough and freezing it, so that will be a day of baking the day before the vr.
3)make appt. for nails for 2 days before VR .this is a huge treat for me. Before I had my youngest, Santa would give me & my DD (only DD at the time) gift cards for mani/pedi's. We would go once a year. Since youngest DD seems there is no time. Not to mention the loss of income over the past few years. So to go to get my nails done is a BIG deal! I keep trying to decide if I want a pedi, or mani. hmmm. DD is getting a pedi, she prefers to do her own nails. I don't like people near my feet. weird I know, just creepy to me. :confused3
4)verify with the house/dog sitter the times we need her & her responsibilities

Because DH, DD#2,DS#2,and I have AP's we were eligible for the Fantasyland preview that will be happening when we are there on Nov. 10/11th. I spent WAY too much time trying to register on line (which many many people also did) only to find out the system went down & the sign up would be later that night. After about 30 mins of trying to call (figured website might go down again, so do it the old fashioned way), I finally got through.... to hold for 104+ mins. my daughter jammed her hand in the door, and needed me. I had to hang up! DD is fine thank goodness, but I was so :furious: I still am holding out hope though, as I have heard Disney is trying to have another preview day so those of us that had such a frustrating experience only to not get a preview time can MAYBE get one. We will see. Either way it won't ruin my vacation, but it would be nice as we are soooo close to the opening of it. It actually officially opens the day AFTER we leave. Well, maybe that will mean while we are there the crowds won't be so bad. ...maybe.

We have decided to hire an acquaintance of ours to stay at our house and put the food out while we are at the vr. This should work out great. I have cheese & crackers for the kitchen (that is the main entrance to our home) table, and the breakfast bar has outlets so the main course foods can be spread out on that. It is about 8 feet long, so there should be no problems there.
I think I am going to try to make the centerpiece. When Dh & I first got married, I was into strawberries. Don't laugh, remember I was 19:joker:. I decorated our kitchen with strawberries,- plates, tea kettle, canisters, pot holders, you name it. Anyway, a dear friend of my family gave me a beautiful ceramic tea pot as a bridal shower gift. It is the only thing I still have from that old kitchen. It has been buried in a closet for years. I think I am going to use that as the pot for my centerpiece. It is a bit problematic, as I was planning on purple/plum as my decorative colors, but the sentimentalist in me has overcome the logical person in me. If I follow through, I will post pictures.

We've sent the prayers,etc. to our priest. 2 children will do the presentation of the communion host/wine, 1 will do prayers of the faithful, 1 will do a reading. And DS#2 may sing. If he has time to practice & is comfortable with it. I would love this, as I am so proud of his voice. I wish I had that talent.
Hopefully, if the priest okay's it (which I can't see why he wouldn't), DH & I will greet our guests as they enter the church, during which the song "You Raise Me Up" will be playing.

Between a very very good friend of mine, Dh & DS almost all my windows are washed & curtains done, wood paneling is clean & polished (actually this had been done right after the fire anyway, so it wasn't too bad), carpets need to be cleaned, but that will wait until the week of, as will getting the dog groomed.

I am getting my hair set that day, which I never do, but I just got it all cut off, and now I can't work very well with it. Bad timing, but the long hair had to go. Now it is shoulder length. It was mid-back. It actually, was a bit emotional for me. My mom was a hairdresser and I have only had it cut 4 times as an adult by anyone other than her. I know she is still with me, but I miss her & our dear friend Frank very much as I make these plans. We often used to tease Frank and call him our "event coordinator", or "the great motivator". He would usually have been the one who would go to the church, sneak out quickly at the end and be back to the house getting everything set before people arrived. He would be raking the yard, and probably would have shown up with mumms for the flower pots/boxes. He would have planned h'ordeuves to have, made them and presented them in a very stylish manner. He also would have made some yummy dessert. He would have been in the church with a tissue, wearing his heart on his sleeve. He would have had the biggest hug. DH & I miss him dearly, but DD#1 perhaps the most. She told me the other day, she wished "Uncle Frank" was here to help her figure out what to do for us. To help plan something special. :sad:
Okay, focus back on the good, happy. ... I will be in sunny (hopefully) FLA 3 weeks from tomorrow night!!!:beach:

I must admit, I am getting very excited about the VR, as well of course as the trip.

Now, about the trip... 2 DS will fly out of Boston Friday am, DD & DDBF will fly out of RI Friday am (which means they will get very little sleep between the VR being over & getting to the airport early), DD#2 will go to school in the am Friday but DH & I will have her released early & we will head right to the Boston airport for our afternoon flight. We are looking into a limo for the 3 of us in to the airport, but it depends on the cost. We have the stop over in NY JFK, then we will be in Orlando at 8:40pm. I am sooooo excited.
The plan is to go grocery shopping after checking into the hotel. A quick Walmart run, then back to our villa, bed, then up bright and early for our Chef Mickeys reservation, where we will meet up with "Auntie Laura, Uncle BOBO, & the kids".
I stole an idea from BethieTink, that I will present at our DP. I ordered pins for each guest from something Disney the year they were born. I have placed them in boxes with bows and they will be set out for the DP.
I'm still waiting to her from the DP event coordinator about the menu. I haven't forgotten to post that.
Also, haven't forgotten to post photo of my dress. I will try to get that within the next couple of days.
I gave my friend the "surprise" travel goodie bags this past weekend when we met up. So, now I have a bit more room. DH & I are thinking about mailing the welcome bags down & have them delivered to the hotels we & our friends will be staying in. That way they will recieve them upon their arrival. Another little surprise. We will see. THAT will depend on the cost to ship them.

So, I leave you with this....
What will my hair look like at the VR? Will my son get to sing? Will DH, DD#2, and I travel to Boston airport in a limo? Will the event coordinator get back to me? How much does it cost to ship goodie bags for 9 people to Orlando from Boston?
And......will my bathroom ever be done????!!!!

It's soooooo close!!! Sooooo exciting!!! It all seems to be coming together! I say get your nails done if you don't like people around your toes! I do hope you get into the preview of Fantasyland! What a shame that you waited that long on the phone only to have to hang up!

You must be really busy with all the planning!!

2 weeks from tonight is the vow renewal YIKES :scared1:

It's soooooo close!!! Sooooo exciting!!! It all seems to be coming together! I say get your nails done if you don't like people around your toes! I do hope you get into the preview of Fantasyland! What a shame that you waited that long on the phone only to have to hang up!

You must be really busy with all the planning!!

I have been a little overwhelmed. But, I'm not now. Now I am ALOT overwhelmed!

Yup, I'm trying to get an appt. for my nails. Of course I hardly have any left, as we have been finishing the bathroom. I mostly just paint lower trim & walls, but I tend to use my nails to scrape the paint off the area it is not supposed to be, which with my vertigo is alot. :rolleyes1

I am excited. We did get a time slot for the preview of the new Fantasyland. They were very good about it. They did mention to me that they were able to open a few different days, but were afraid not everyone will be able to get a slot. So, I feel very fortunate! Fingers crossed for others.
So, for surprises for my little one now we can add the preview for Fantasyland! YAY! That makes , BBB, meal a Cindys Table, and the preview!

DD told us she has ordered a cake for our VR from her BF's cousin (who is a professional pastry chef). I hope she isn't paying a lot for it. But, I must admit I am very excited for it. She showed me the drawing the girl did and it looks amazing! I will try to remember to take a picture of it the night we pick it up!

I won't bore with details of the VR.

DH asked me if I would marry him...again. He took me out to dinner (the equivalent to Olive Garden).We were walking out of Bed Bath & Beyond (yeah, that is date night these days), and he said, so will you marry me again.
Back at our home DD(21) was watching DD(9) and informed her that she thought Daddy was going to ask Mommy to marry him again. So, when we came home DD(9) came running in to see what Mommy had said.

I told her..... to be continued...

...I told DD(9) that I .... laughed.:rotfl2: And that I did. Then I told her what I said when I was done laughing. I asked DH if he was crazy, I made that mistake once and I was not going to make it again. haha What is that saying? Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me? :lmao: DD(9) thought that was :rotfl: Everyone knows if I didn't love DH enough to spend the next 30 or so years with him, I would not be planning this VR. pixiedust:

I was hoping he would get my wedding band sized up. But in all fairness, I kept telling him I was going to loose weight for this VR. Which I did. Then I gained almost all 20lbs back again.

Well, I really need to get off the computer. I have so much still to do.

How cool that he asked you again!!!! :thumbsup2

Great update!!! Congrats on getting the Fantasyland preview spot!!!

Have a great weekend!

...I told DD(9) that I .... laughed.:rotfl2: And that I did. Then I told her what I said when I was done laughing. I asked DH if he was crazy, I made that mistake once and I was not going to make it again. haha What is that saying? Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me? :lmao: DD(9) thought that was :rotfl: Everyone knows if I didn't love DH enough to spend the next 30 or so years with him, I would not be planning this VR. pixiedust:

I was hoping he would get my wedding band sized up. But in all fairness, I kept telling him I was going to loose weight for this VR. Which I did. Then I gained almost all 20lbs back again.

Well, I really need to get off the computer. I have so much still to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter