Virtual Stateroom Tour

Hi there! Great pics! Now I have a few questions...

We are planning a cruise for Jan 2010. I have decided on cat. 6 and I am thinking I'd like to be on the starboard side (view of CC, no?). Looking for a quiet location, close to an elevator and would prefer a verandah with the solid sides for privacy. Are the cat 6's as small as they look? There are 3 of us, Me, DH and DS11. Was leaning toward 5622. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? If not, an recommendations?

Finding the right location is harder than I thought it would be!

Anyone? Another thought...adding to wanting to be a bit aft, starboard, plexiglass verandah, near elevators...would also want a cat 6 that has the drop down bed. Any suggestions?

Hi there,
No experience with this cabin, but checked my Passporter guide and it says it sleeps 3, so there would not be a pull down bunk.

It sounds like it meets your needs otherwise - not sure if you have read the reviews: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=5622

Starboard side usually gets the CC beach view, but not always - sometimes the captain does pull in the other way. My kids actually enjoy the CC dock view better - they like to watch the activity loading things on/off, etc. Though I prefer the beach view! :)

Have fun planning!

We are planning a cruise for Jan 2010. I have decided on cat. 6 and I am thinking I'd like to be on the starboard side (view of CC, no?). Looking for a quiet location, close to an elevator and would prefer a verandah with the solid sides for privacy. Are the cat 6's as small as they look? There are 3 of us, Me, DH and DS11. Was leaning toward 5622. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? If not, an recommendations?

As far as privacy... the plexiglass ones are ok... you are so far up from the shore that you really can't see much... The people on either side of you can peek around onto your balcony so if that helps a bit (on both solid and plexiglass)... but if you're worried about that issue... than just don't do anything that requires total privacy on your verandah... ;) ;) ;)

I had midship - Cat 5... it was very nice. You should be fine for the 3 of you... there is LOTS of storage in the room and you'll have lots to do on the ship...

Go to the top of the page to where it is a blue stripe and click on staterooms... you should be able to click on stateroom reports and you can see what people have said about them.

sorry I'll have to do this later...I can't get my photobucket pictures to copy

DH to the rescue!! :banana: Children are available on ebay. (free shipping) :woohoo: Large guy in last photo going into the closet. (Already sold):eek:

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

I've tried to look through all of the pics. They are great, but I have a question or two. This will be our first cruise. We'll probably stay in the standard inside staterooms. Is there a better deck to stay on?

You might want to ask that on the main part of the thread... you'll get more answers that way... I can't answer... I'm a Verandah girl... :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :rotfl2:

Thank you for the replies and suggestions! I actually did check out the stateroom reviews you both mentioned. I guess I was looking for more detail and something more recent.

samily-thank you for mentioning the passporter! You reminded me that I still needed to order mine. Got a nice 30% off coupon for registering my old passporter!

Tink rules-thanks for explaining the verandahs. I was thinking that some of the side walls only went up 1/2 way or were plexiglass--that's why I mentioned privacy. This is a family cruise afterall. We're keeping it G rated!

nah... the verandahs are very nice - I enjoyed the plexi-glass one because it gave me a wonderful view each time I opened my curtains... Also.. the railings come up quite high... I'm 5'7" and I'd say the came up to almost chest height and the plexi is on the INSIDE of the railings so little ones cannot easily climb up on them...

nah... the verandahs are very nice - I enjoyed the plexi-glass one because it gave me a wonderful view each time I opened my curtains... Also.. the railings come up quite high... I'm 5'7" and I'd say the came up to almost chest height and the plexi is on the INSIDE of the railings so little ones cannot easily climb up on them...

Yes! That's what I'm looking for! Ds will be 12 when we sail, so not too worried, but he is a daredevil, all boy...I will probably have to tell him, once or twice (or 100x) to stop trying to climb as I'm not ready for a heart attack! :scared1:

We did back-to-backs on the Wonder last summer (with double dips to CC on the 4 nighter) and I had heard that they usually backed her in. But they were doing some maintenance to that side of the ship (painting or something) so they pulled in on both stops on the 4 nighter. FINALLY! On our final stop on the 3 nighter they backed in. We were in one of the SPH rooms and I was surprised just how far forward we were to look back at the island. I had to cram into the corner to look back at the beach. I agree with Samily that it doesn't matter so much. If your cabin is mid-ship to aft you might have a better view but don't worry about it if your cabin is forward!

We are also a family of 3 too...We had a Cat 6 on our first cruise and a Cat 10 last time. The interior space is exactly the same. Just don't over pack so that you can stash your bags somewhere (in the closet or under the bed). We love Deck 5 - it is very quiet...go aft, but just forward of the Cat 7's so you get the clear railing on your balcony.

Thanks for the tips! I am very excited to say that I put down a deposit today!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I ended up asking for something on deck 6 as I read, in pastporter, that the verandahs are a little deeper. We are supposed to be in 6618, which is aft and starboard, plexiglass verandah. OT, but we also switched to the later dinner seating so that we are not rushed on excursions.

What's an SHP?

Thanks for the tips! I am very excited to say that I put down a deposit today!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I ended up asking for something on deck 6 as I read, in pastporter, that the verandahs are a little deeper. We are supposed to be in 6618, which is aft and starboard, plexiglass verandah. OT, but we also switched to the later dinner seating so that we are not rushed on excursions.

What's an SHP?

Secret porthole room charged as an inside room but actually you can look out slightly obsured.
5020/5022/5024/5520/5522/5524

What's an SHP?

SPH = Secret Porthole. Most cruiselines have at least some cabins that have a slight obstruction outside of the window - usually affiliated with the lifeboats. If there are enough of them they will book them in their own category and call them "obstructed view". The DCL ships each have only 6 of these rooms (all on Deck 5 Forward by the Cat 8's) so rather than create their own category for 6 lonely rooms they just sell them as Category 10's - which is the "Inside Deluxe" category. So for the price of an inside cabin with the split bath you get a porthole with an obstructed view! It's actually quite a good deal if you can snag one!!

This was our view from #5520:

ry%3D400

Yes! That's what I'm looking for! Ds will be 12 when we sail, so not too worried, but he is a daredevil, all boy...I will probably have to tell him, once or twice (or 100x) to stop trying to climb as I'm not ready for a heart attack! :scared1:

And for people with little ones... you can always ask the room attendant to remove the table and chairs or move them so that the little ones cannot climb on those.

Most people with little ones do not let them out on the verandah unaccompanied...

MY little one is 76 years old...(my mom) and enjoyed her verandah very much!!!

What's an SHP?

Late dining is a good choice. You will just go to see your shows before dinner. It's also good because you can relax before getting dressed for dinner. Also... you can order the cheese plate or a snack from room service or get something in the late afternoon up on deck if you need something to tie you over...

Thanks! We are feeling really good about this!

Us too...

BTW... where in NY are you? I'm just west of Albany...

Hey neighbor! We are in the Cooperstown/Oneonta area.

Lol...I've never met a person who didn't like Brooks!

They are here at our local church today... I'm on my way to stand in the cold to get me some CHICKEN!!! (and sauce...)

:love: :hippie: :worship: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :banana:
thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for sharing...

see ya...
:) :hug: :rolleyes1 :dance3: :laundy: :love: :hippie: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter