Very Merry D23 Holidaze Dec 2009 TR - 7 magical park days! updt 7/1

We honestly didn't deal with too many CMs when we were there so to us they were pleasant :rotfl: I like the changes I read about on JetBlue's site about their new loyalty program...the main thing is that points dont expire as long as you fly with them once a year. they say its going to take effect some time in the fall. I'm hoping before my Sept trip so i can get the correct mileage!

Nice deal on the rental!!! I haven't seen anywhere that has a better price than 233!

Yes, I'm quite happy with the rental so far. The rate shoould include a $30 off coupon. I hope! :eek:

I don't really deal with CMs either, unless I have some sort of issue there. I like knowing all the info before I go. I know, I was frustrated at POR with all that luggage mess.

I am expecting great things from JetBlue. I don't mind booking a flight with them, but certainly not having points expire really helps. It was one of the top reasons why I didn't book with them alot in the past.

We'll see when my time gets closer. :goodvibes

I reserved the condo today using my old 2008 week (pushed back because of my March 09 trip).

I decided to go with Blue Tree Resort for somewhere different as I only went to my home resort of Vacation Villas Resort in the past. Since, I was using an old week and "exchanging", I had to cough up $130 fee. :headache:

I got myself a 2 bedroom with washer/dryer included. princess: I'll call the resort directly when time is closer for a request where I want to be placed.

Condo? :thumbsup2

Your trip planning is coming right along! :thumbsup2 The car sounds like a good deal! I hope the airfare drops so you get a good deal on that too! Since we're staying at Pop for the first time next month I hope what you've heard is wrong ;)

Your trip planning is coming right along! :thumbsup2 The car sounds like a good deal! I hope the airfare drops so you get a good deal on that too! Since we're staying at Pop for the first time next month I hope what you've heard is wrong ;)

I'm a-tryin'! If I could move time, I would! :lmao:

I'm hoping the car comes through, one never knows when using coupons. But I've never had a problem in the past, so I refuse to worry about it. :goodvibes

I think POP was mostly for CM experiences. Some reports reported frustration with not enough help and CM not being knowledgeable. I don't think it is the resort itself.

Your trip must be close! How excited are you? :yay: Definitely, let me know how POP went.

At least progress is being made! I seriously need to do some planning and buy some plane tickets. It's the researching the good deal I ma not too thrilled about.

All Ears reported dining reservations are going back up to 180 days starting in late October. And here on DIS, it is reported theme park hours going back to 180 days, starting in late October.

I really really REALLY hope they post park hours for December a couple of days early. It would help me out greatly on the ADRs. Right now, I'm using December 2008 hours as a guide.

I'm currently finalizing what ADRs I can make. Or whether I should blow the budget just a tiny teeny bit. :lmao:

I got my condo reservation in the mail over the weekend, so that brought my spirits up a bit. :goodvibes

After a trip to the doctor and receiving not bad news but not happy news; and what would have been my mom's 70th b-day tomorrow, I was in a glum mood, so good news was definitely needed.

I made a more comprehensive Dining Wish List, so I can figure what I want to do, since my ADRs are coming up in 19 days, but I'm not counting or anything....:lmao:

Keep in mind, characters meals are not on the menu this trip. I can't even foresee doing that solo, besides the money aspect! I'm also trying to eat at places that I have not done so before.

But, if there was character meals, Crystal Palace would be at the top of the list! I wish there was a non-character at this one. I was love the look of the place.

MAGIC KINGDOM:
Table Service
Tony's Town Square
The Plaza

Counter Service
Main Street Bakery
Columbia Harbour House (KTTK?)
Village Frye Shop

EPCOT:
Table Service
Teppan Edo/Biergarten/Le Cellier (Candlelight Processional?)

Counter Service
Sunshine Seasons
Possibly a "Snack Around the World"-type

ANIMAL KINGDOM:
Table Service
Tusker House (Nemo seating?)
Yak & Yeti

Counter Service
Yak & Yeti Local ?
Kusafiri Coffee

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Table Service
I'm having trouble coming up with any TS for this one...
Have a redo on Sci-Fi?

Counter Service
Starring Rolls
ABC Commissionary

Downtown Disney:
Raglan Road

Even though, I will be off-site and have a car, I'm trying to have all my meals within the parks. I will do a supermarket/WalMart run to keep some foods at the condo.

I'm hoping to keep to the food budget of $200-250, based on my last 2 trips.
[/FONT]

Thanks! I'll try sending you one. LOL! I'm slowly following along with all the reports I'm reading. I thinking I over subscribed. LOL!

mmm...all your food choices sound great! Can't really help you with the TS at hollywood studios. we haven't found anything that really wow'ed us when we went two years ago. i'm willing to give mama melrose a try again though. And we're trying sci-fi for the first time next month.

I am planning to take full advantage of the car and visit all the Deluxe resorts to check out their gorgeous decorations, foodstuffs and hidden mickey's!. :goodvibes

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Visit Mara for some zebra domes!

Boardwalk area:
Boardwalk Bakery
Beaches & Cream
Soda Shop?
Check out Jellyroll's?

Polynesian:
check out Ohana's
Kona Cafe (I'm not sure if this is a TS or a CS)

Wilderness Lodge:
decor only?

Grand Floridian:
Tea, Garden View Lounge

Contemporary:
Contemporary Grounds

I have no idea yet if I'm going to dedicate a half-day to this or visit a couple each night or do a tour my first day/last day. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

mmm...all your food choices sound great! Can't really help you with the TS at hollywood studios. we haven't found anything that really wow'ed us when we went two years ago. i'm willing to give mama melrose a try again though. And we're trying sci-fi for the first time next month.

I know, TS at HS is difficult!

Mama Melrose, I wasn't really impressed with but I did enjoy Sci-Fi alot!

There's the Brown Derby and '50s Prime Time cafe, but they don't interest me much. Derby is too expensive and I've already been to places like '50s PT and it doesn't interest me.

Boardwalk area:
Check out Jellyroll's?

Polynesian:
check out Ohana's
Kona Cafe (I'm not sure if this is a TS or a CS)

I need to check out jellyrolls too! Still haven't been!

As for Kona...the sit down restaurant is TS. There's the sushi bar/coffee stand that are right outside the TS and I believe you can get some things that are considered CS but not really sure?

The biggies in my Wish List, in terms of packages & tours:

Candlelight Processional, Epcot
Keys to the Kingdom, MK
Nature-Inspired Segway Tour, Epcot

I know for definite I definitely want to do these and my friend Mary (who is staying at Bay Lake with her mom) said she definitely wants to do these.

Her and her mom are definitely in for the Candlelight Processional and since she is staying on-site and has access to the +10, she said she will book the CP for all 3 of us. :yay: This is a great burden off my shoulders. We talked, went back and forth between our two wants and settled on Andy Garcia for the 12/9, possibly at Le Cellier. We need to come up with back-up plan just in case; hopefully it will be Teppan Edo, as I really wanted to try there. Of course, this means, we will be doing Tier 1, which is the most expensive. I don't think there are AAA discounts with CP. :laughing:

As for KTTK and Segway, I will try to book those at the 90 days as I do not anticipate for a rush for these. I'm hoping for earliest times. :goodvibes Mary said she is in for these 2 tours but her mom would like to pass on it. They are also doing MVMCP, so she as that to book as well as her other ADRs that she wishes.

So, I'm guessing, I am not so solo! I also have my friend Jennifer, who lives in the area and she is trying to figure out whether she is coming or not, but she would not do the 3 things above.

Enough updates for you today! I just need my airline to come down in price and I would be most happy. :thumbsup2

I need to check out jellyrolls too! Still haven't been!

As for Kona...the sit down restaurant is TS. There's the sushi bar/coffee stand that are right outside the TS and I believe you can get some things that are considered CS but not really sure?

I want to see what Jellyrolls like. I was with my cousin in March and she didn't want to go in. :sad2: We ate at Big River instead and went to mini-golf. Which was great too. :goodvibes

Re: Kona - I hear that too, so I got myself all confused. I'm not doing any TS at the Resorts, just CS. Except for GF, if I can get in for tea. :goodvibes

You have some great dining choices and the tours will be great! I am planning on checking out Jelly Rolls on our trip next month and I'm really looking forward to it!

You have some great dining choices and the tours will be great! I am planning on checking out Jelly Rolls on our trip next month and I'm really looking forward to it!

Ooooohhhh, let me know how it was! Are you doing a PTR/TR?

I'm soooo looking forward to the tours!

Enough updates for you today? I just need my airline to come down in price and I would be most happy. :thumbsup2

Since I wrote this earlier this morning, I decided to check.

The car service to get me to Newark runs me about $50, so I always add it to the total. Usually, there is someone around who can pick me up.

Anyway, Continental was $268 (w/o taxes last night) and I just checked now and it dropped to $218, which is $239.20 total.

The same flight with JetBlue is $259.20 total. I can take a slight change in times and bring the total down to $239.20.

So, I wait. Both of these prices are at least $40 more than what I paid for the May trip and prices should come down a little more. The usual best prices - though these days, who knows? - are priced outwards o f the 6 week date. I think I have time. popcorn::

Of course, I have miles with CO that I hoard. :lmao: If CO has a sale with 12,500 miles each way. I'll jump on that, but right now, they don't have a flight back. Another plan is to do miles going down and pay for a one-way ticket coming back up, that'll run about $120 along with 12,500 miles plus $5 fee. The JetBlue flight back up is the same price.

Edit: I checked and one-way reward travel is not allowed. Argh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter