Very Merry D23 Holidaze Dec 2009 TR - 7 magical park days! updt 7/1

What is furlough?

It means that I will not be getting paid that week. It is a cost-saving measure to keep everyone in their jobs. We have a big meeting on it tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

Oh, lord, they came out with free dining! :faint:

Are they trying to kill me? :lmao:

Is it free dining for everyone? I did get a pin, but I know DH won;t go, so I didn't even tell him.

Is it free dining for everyone? I did get a pin, but I know DH won;t go, so I didn't even tell him.

I assumed it was, but I didn't read up on it. It's on the frontpage. Of course, it is is, then booking ADRs is going to be a challenge!

Yup, looks like Free Dining is for everyone. Which means the peeps who had and used a pin code, must be hopping mad!

Though, this would possibly mean that it would be that much more difficult to get good ADRs. :scared:

In any which case, I was checking on my airfare and it dropped to $188 (or $209 total), which is about $10 more than I paid in May. Pretty good. I also checked JetBlue and the same flight was $260! :scared1:

OR....you knew it was coming.... :laughing:

I can use my miles. Now, I never use miles for tickets less than $350-400 because, in my head, it's not worth it. However, with the furlough, I'm thinking it may become neccessary just for cost savings overall.

I just checked and there is no super-saver type miles (usually 12,500 in economy) but there is the 25,000 first/business class one, which I've never done.
The ride back, there is only economy seats, no super-saver.

It'll "cost" me 50,000 miles all together and $5 fee, unless Continental has some sort of sale on miles. I'd rather use 25,000 for super-saver economy, and not use 50,000 miles.

For $209, I don't know if it'll be worth it....

What say you?

I do not look fwd to booking a flight. SO far i['m finding $220 is the average for me. I hate flying to begin with and now it's costing me an arm and a leg!

Ok, so we had a big meeting about furlough. I'm feeling better about it. :goodvibes

Onwards! I still have to scale back, so:

On the Outs:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Character Meals
Fireworks Cruise

On the Ins:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Candlelight Processional
Land, Sea, Air Segway tour (I *should* out this on the "outs" list, but I really really want it)

TS Dining I wanted:
Teppan Edo (I may combine this with CP?)
Tony's/Plaza (I think Plaza is most economical?)

And, of course, the condo is definitely on. I can't justify staying on-site, even with the rental car expense.

Ok, so it's shaping up. I was thinking of buying park tickets now, but I'm just too stressed out to deal with it. I'll suck up the difference.

ONWARD!

Ok, so we had a big meeting about furlough. I'm feeling better about it. :goodvibes

On the Outs:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Character Meals

On the Ins:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Candlelight Processional
Land, Sea, Air Segway tour (I *should* out this on the "outs" list, but I really really want it)

Dining I wanted:
Crystal Palace/Tony's/Plaza (I think Plaza is most economical?)

And, of course, the condo is definitely on. I can't justify staying on-site, even with the rental car expense.

Ok, so it's shaping up. I was thinking of buying park tickets now, but I'm just too stressed out to deal with it. I'll suck up the difference.

ONWARD!

Sounds great! I :lovestruc the parks all decorated for Christmas! Everything looks so beautiful! The Candlelight Processional is very moving. We saw Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) do it last year and she was very good. If you are going to DHS make sure you check out the Osborne lights! Although MVMCP didn't make your list this time keep it in mind for another trip. Seeing the castle in the icicle lights is very magical! I haven't done any of the tours that should be really fun!

Sounds great! I :lovestruc the parks all decorated for Christmas! Everything looks so beautiful! The Candlelight Processional is very moving. We saw Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) do it last year and she was very good. If you are going to DHS make sure you check out the Osborne lights! Although MVMCP didn't make your list this time keep it in mind for another trip. Seeing the castle in the icicle lights is very magical! I haven't done any of the tours that should be really fun!

Thanks Dawn! :hug:

I've never done the Candlelight Processional, but have gone to MVMCP years ago...7 or maybe 8?

I know I saw Osborne lights when I brought my mom down for her last Christmas (e didn't know that then :sad1:), so that was 9 years ago.

I'll defnitely leave MVMCP for next time. Something to look forward to!

I got my D23 Fall 2009 magazine. It feature Haunted Mansion on the cover from Disnyland. It's cartoony - very cute!

The Member Exclusive from the archives are Disneyland '59 patches; there are 6 of them total. Mine is the "Matterhorn Bobsleds-Fantasyand" patch!

So exciting! :yay:

Thank goodness, it stayed dried in its packaging. Why the mailperson would leave it outside in the pouring rain for hours instead of leaving it in the screen door, I don't know! :headache:

I don't even want to open it. :rotfl:

On the Outs:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Character Meals
Fireworks Cruise

On the Ins:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Candlelight Processional

TS Dining I wanted:
Tony's/Plaza (I think Plaza is most economical?)

ONWARD!

You should've bopught an AP on your first trip. It would probably have paid for itself. Maybe if you plan to go so much again next year, you should get one for this trip.

You should've bopught an AP on your first trip. It would probably have paid for itself. Maybe if you plan to go so much again next year, you should get one for this trip.

I think it's 10 days where it breaks even? :confused3
I used the tickets from the March trip for both March and May. Who knew?
The May trip was unexpected and it's not like that will happen again. :laughing:

I don't know but I like the thought of not *having* to go, even though I *like* to go....that doesn't make sense, but ya know what I mean? ;)

So, I visited my local AAA and bought my 5 day park hopper ticket. :yay:

I know it's early but I 1) wanted to beat any price increase, 2) wanted to have something DONE, 3) got a preferred parking pass

Though I did get pluto:

A few places online beat their price for a few bucks, but I liked the preferred parking pass. I hope it stays with me all 5 days!

Park tickets? :thumbsup2

The preferred parking pass is great! We rented a car on our '07 trip and loved the closer parking!

The D23 patch sounds cool. Do they send a "gift" with each issue?

The preferred parking pass is great! We rented a car on our '07 trip and loved the closer parking!

The D23 patch sounds cool. Do they send a "gift" with each issue?

So far, renting a car is super expensive!! :scared1: Holy Buckets! he last time I rented a car in FL was for 10 days, returning it to Orlando and I paid $213. I checked recently for 8 days and it's $400!

I think there is a gft with each issue. Very cool. Pictures soon!

So, I got my recent D23 issue and gift. I like D23 so far. :thumbsup2

I thought you would like a pictorial so far..... :goodvibes

First issue: Summer 2009
P8020003.jpg

Summer 2009 gift: Disneyland Fan (back & front)
P8020001.jpg

P8020002.jpg

Second issue: Fall 2009
P8020094.jpg

Fall 2009 gift: Disneyland 1959 patch (1 of 6)
P8020095.jpg

P8020096.jpg

So far, renting a car is super expensive!! :scared1::scared1: Holy Buckets!

The last time I rented a car in FL was for 10 days in 2007 and I paid $213. I checked recently for 8 days and it's $400!

So, the savings I got with buying park tickets now and staying off-site will completely get eaten up with this car. Argh! :headache::headache:

And my darn person at the condo company yet has to call me back to confirm the use of my week. Who takes 3 days to call someone back?! :headache::headache:

I've been thinking and I wanted to take an extra day either the day before or the day after my original dates. Assuming, that I can get the condo for a Friday check-in. IF she ever calls me back! :headache:

Remember, I bought a 5 day park hopper for this trip. I'm thinking it's 1 day too long? (I know, no such thing....:rotfl:)

If I go the day before (Fri, 12/4), I miss the panic that is Saturday morning arrival and get full use of my 5 day ticket in the parks (Sat-Wed=5 days).

If I stay an extra day, (Monday, 12/14), I get an extra day with the fam since I'm already cutting them down to late Thursday (only a 1/2-3/4 day in parks if I don't go on Sat to the parks) through Sunday stay, which means I'll just have Friday & Saturday with them.

Of course, I could not go down to them at all, but I should since I didn't see any of them last December (I didn't go down since I was going down in March for my solo bday stay), then they didn't come to see me in March except one cousin and there was no time in May. I owe them this. It just depends on how much I owe them. I did want to plan on seeing Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, but I'm pretty sure no one is going to go with me.

So, here I go on my own Carousel of Non-Progress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter