Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now see Rob....here's where I'm different. We specifically booked the Inn room for the sole reason it had 2 real beds. We are spending 7 nights at VB and none of us wanted to sleep on a sofa bed for that long. I am thankful the Inn offers the option of 2 queen beds. I can understand for a couple and maybe a young child who wouldn't mind a sofa bed. But for dh, myself and two teen dd's, they weren't going to be comfortable sharing a sofa bed. I do love the extra space a studio with a sofa offers, just not the comfort of sleep---especially for any stay over 3 nights.

I understand completely, and I imagine the majority of guests prefer or need the second queen bed. I just wish they had a mix and made it a category. Anyway... I'm going to try to get one of the two 4th floor corner OV rooms that have a king/sofa arrangement that lisareniff promised me. Ok, she didn't promise anything, but she told me about them. Fingers crossed....

I understand completely, and I imagine the majority of guests prefer or need the second queen bed. I just wish they had a mix and made it a category. Anyway... I'm going to try to get one of the two 4th floor corner OV rooms that have a king/sofa arrangement that lisareniff promised me. Ok, she didn't promise anything, but she told me about them. Fingers crossed....

But they have an enclosed porch, right? Are all the porches outfitted with that plastic furniture?

But they have an enclosed porch, right? Are all the porches outfitted with that plastic furniture?
Yes on both points. Believe it or not we prefer the solid front. Don't really care for the furniture, but it functions. Hmmm.... wishing it was this time next week. Guess it will come soon enough, and be gone even quicker.

Yes on both points. Believe it or not we prefer the solid front. Don't really care for the furniture, but it functions. Hmmm.... wishing it was this time next week. Guess it will come soon enough, and be gone even quicker.

Can you see over the porch while sitting down? My hubby has got to see the water!!I'm gonna pack some chairs that fold up and check them in on the airplane. My DH will want to sit in something comfy.......(whatever he wants...he's worth it!goodvibes ).

Have a great time on your trips. Have about 300 new pics of the Resort to upload once back home for more than a few hours.

Whoa ! 300 ! Bring on the pics Mike !!! :thumbsup2

BTW....anyone know if VB has an email address ?

Just starting to think about packing.... Does VB do the same pool towel thing as WDW- you just pick one up out there and then turn it back in? And can you take them out to the beach or only the pool? Trying to decide if and how many beach towels to pack. Thanks!
Also, I know I could probably look this up on the DVC site, but thought since I'm on.... the inn rooms have the same cleaning/towel services as other DVCs if you're staying on points, right? Also trying to decide if I should pack a few extra bath towels/laundry detergent.

Only 1 week and a half left!!!!! :cool1:

Just starting to think about packing.... Does VB do the same pool towel thing as WDW- you just pick one up out there and then turn it back in? And can you take them out to the beach or only the pool? Trying to decide if and how many beach towels to pack. Thanks!
Also, I know I could probably look this up on the DVC site, but thought since I'm on.... the inn rooms have the same cleaning/towel services as other DVCs if you're staying on points, right? Also trying to decide if I should pack a few extra bath towels/laundry detergent.

Only 1 week and a half left!!!!! :cool1:

Towels are issued the same. They are issued at Eb & Flow's and also on the boardwalk to the beach. They are small though and you might want to bring one large towel to lay on. They seem pretty lax about how many towels can be taken. Same T&T service in the rooms (4th day). Staying in the inn rooms you'll be using the laundry room on the 4th floor. You can bring your own detergent or buy a pack from a vending machine (far cheaper to bring your own). The W&D are free. Hope to see you all there.

:beach:

Staying in the inn rooms you'll be using the laundry room on the 4th floor. You can bring your own detergent or buy a pack from a vending machine (far cheaper to bring your own). The W&D are free. Hope to see you all there.

Is the laundry on the 4th floor the only one ? Is there a laundry around the pool area ? We're in an Inn room, but ds is in a studio. Just figured if there was a laundry by the pool I could hang out there while doing wash. Thanks !

Is the laundry on the 4th floor the only one ? Is there a laundry around the pool area ? We're in an Inn room, but ds is in a studio. Just figured if there was a laundry by the pool I could hang out there while doing wash. Thanks !

:rotfl: Now that's planning ahead. I can't say there isn't for sure, but I don't think so. There are laundry rooms in each villa building so your son will have his own laundry room close-by, but.... I thought that was what moms were for? :duck:

There are laundry rooms in each villa building so your son will have his own laundry room close-by, but.... I thought that was what moms were for?

Thanks....and :rotfl:
I will most likely do his laundy.....just would have been nice to do while lounging by the pool ;)

Two questions about VB before we leave??::

Thanks,, in advance for your answers!!!!!!!!

1.) Do I need to bring my own towels for the pool/beach or do they have them like other DVC resorts.

2.) Is there anywhere to get a massage while at VB???

Two questions about VB before we leave??::

Thanks,, in advance for your answers!!!!!!!!

1.) Do I need to bring my own towels for the pool/beach or do they have them like other DVC resorts.

2.) Is there anywhere to get a massage while at VB???

They have towels for both beach and pool use. They are small, but they don't seem to limit you in qty used. They do have a massage, but I can't tell you anything about it. Hopefully someone else can tell you about it.

Hi everyone

I'm hoping to go to Vero once again this December. We are thinking of booking a two-bedroom unit for the first time rather than two inn rooms. Could anyone advise whether these rooms have the new style or old style sofa beds? The new ones at AKV and BC are great.

Thanks

Hannah

Hi everyone

I'm hoping to go to Vero once again this December. We are thinking of booking a two-bedroom unit for the first time rather than two inn rooms. Could anyone advise whether these rooms have the new style or old style sofa beds? The new ones at AKV and BC are great.

Thanks

Hannah

Don't know... hopefully someone else can tell you. Either way we'll have a 2 bedroom (dedicated) next week. I'll get you a photo. :thumbsup2

:(
Hi everyone

Thanks

Hannah

We stayed in a studio in May (which I believe combines with a 1BR to be a 2BR) and it had the old style pull-out bed. :(

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, but looking for some help. My parents are trying to plan a trip for all of our family to have a vacation for the first time ever all together. Their home resort is SSR they are looking for someone with VB to transfer about 265 points into their account and they will transfer their SSR points into that person's account. Trying to secure the villa at VB. Only 6 villas, so concerned waiting until 7 months out will not get us what we need... already posted on the DVC trade board, but thought I would put is out here as well!

Thanks,

Kathleen

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, but looking for some help. My parents are trying to plan a trip for all of our family to have a vacation for the first time ever all together. Their home resort is SSR they are looking for someone with VB to transfer about 265 points into their account and they will transfer their SSR points into that person's account. Trying to secure the villa at VB. Only 6 villas, so concerned waiting until 7 months out will not get us what we need... already posted on the DVC trade board, but thought I would put is out here as well!

Thanks,

Kathleen

Well... not sure how the mods are going to handle your post here, but you have a basic problem with the transferring part. DVC owners can only transfer one time per year (in or out) So the only way to do this is to transfer points from one to the other in the current use year and then to reciprocate a transfer in the following use year. So, someone is going to have to really trust someone. And of course that also is complicated by when the two party's UYs fall. Nonetheless, good luck.

Well... not sure how the mods are going to handle your post here, but you have a basic problem with the transferring part. DVC owners can only transfer one time per year (in or out) So the only way to do this is to transfer points from one to the other in the current use year and then to reciprocate a transfer in the following use year. So, someone is going to have to really trust someone. And of course that also is complicated by when the two party's UYs fall. Nonetheless, good luck.

I agree with Rob that this will be a tricky trade - plus - SSR for a VB cottage is not a very good trade so I doubt you'll get a taker.

IMHO, a better plan would be to rent the SSR points and then rent VB points for yourself. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter