Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are pics throughout the thread, but I'd love to see some of the pics you guys have of a 1 or 2-BR unit and some of the grounds and pool. DH and I just purchased 150 VB points (sight unseen!), and I'd like to see it! :laughing:

There aren't too many pics out there of VB, so anything you can post would be GREAT!!! Can't wait to see them and can't wait to visit next summer! :goodvibes

To everyone there and everyone going, have a wonderful time and travel safely!

Hi....
Anyone know specifically what is served at the snack stand by the pool, as far as food ? Just found out one of our traveling party is a vegetarian and on a tight budget.
Thanks

kids meals are $5.99, grilled cheese and hot dogs. Adult meals are cheesesburger, chicken nuggets, turkey wrap, and various typse of salads. Prices range from $6 to $8.
They do offer a veggie burger also.

kids meals are $5.99, grilled cheese and hot dogs. Adult meals are cheesesburger, chicken nuggets, turkey wrap, and various typse of salads. Prices range from $6 to $8.

Do you happen to know if they serve any breakfast type foods in the morning? Otherwise, I will be hitting the Super Walmart, lol. Thanks!

Thank you Mike and Karla & Tine731 !!!

but I'd love to see some of the pics you guys have of a 1 or 2-BR unit and some of the grounds and pool. DH and I just purchased 150 VB points (sight unseen!), and I'd like to see it!

Hi Buckeye Fan......I haven't been to VB in 7 years, but here are some of the photos I snapped when I was there (going back in Aug !). This was pre-digital camera days, so please excuse the quality of the photos. :

A few from the 1/2 bedroom villas that I toured while there :

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5a6bea0000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b686bd80000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b586be80000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b546be40000002.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b506be00000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b51ead10000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b6deaed0000002.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b6beaeb0000002.jpg

THREE BEDROOM COTTAGE :

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5c6bec0000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5feadf0000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5e6bee0000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5deadd0000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b5beadb0000001.jpg

I've never been to VB before and my DH and I are going in 3 weekes! I love to collect refillable mugs from the different resorts, and I was wondering if anyone who has gone recently can tell me if they have their own mugs at VB, or if they are the same YOMD mugs that are at the Disney World resorts. I went to HHI a couple of years ago, and I know that they have their own mugs.
Thanks!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. The mugs they have are the YOMD mugs. I had hoped they would have their own :(

I've never been to VB before and my DH and I are going in 3 weekes! I love to collect refillable mugs from the different resorts, and I was wondering if anyone who has gone recently can tell me if they have their own mugs at VB, or if they are the same YOMD mugs that are at the Disney World resorts. I went to HHI a couple of years ago, and I know that they have their own mugs.
Thanks!

Let me know your dates so I can add you to the roll call list at the beginning of this thread. We were at HHI last year and they have gone to the generic mugs also. I think it is DVC wide now. I'd be willing to pay more for a mug that had a resort signature and a year on it. The generic mugs are a waste resources... you know people that already have some are just throwing them away.

Thank you! We're going to be at VB June 26-30. We're so excited! We booked a studio. I'm worried that I should have booked an Inn room?? Are there studios in the Inn as well? Is the Inn better than the other buildings? Are there good views for the studios? We'd like to be close to the pool and have an open rail balcony. My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary. Thank you for your help!

Hi Buckeye Fan......I haven't been to VB in 7 years, but here are some of the photos I snapped when I was there (going back in Aug !). This was pre-digital camera days, so please excuse the quality of the photos... :

Great pics! Thanks so much for sharing. I was very excited to see the resort. It looks beautiful, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wait till next summer to go! :goodvibes

Also, thanks for the links. Not only great pics, but also nice to fish around other sites regarding DVC! You've successfully fed the addiction, obsession, whatever you want to call it! :laughing:

I can't wait till our first visit, even if it's a year away!

Buckeye Fan - you may find yourself thinking about staying in a BC and... since you are now a owner of VB.... you can!

Here's some BC pics from one of our resident photogs....

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1579245

I love Tagrel's slideshows! They are the best!

Of course Allears is always a good go to source..

http://allears.net/acc/g_vero.htm

Mouseplanet has a couple older articles...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/vbr.htm

with one on the BCs...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/cottage.htm

Thank you! We're going to be at VB June 26-30. We're so excited! We booked a studio. I'm worried that I should have booked an Inn room?? Are there studios in the Inn as well? Is the Inn better than the other buildings? Are there good views for the studios? We'd like to be close to the pool and have an open rail balcony. My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary. Thank you for your help!

Maybe we'll see you there... we overlap the 26th-27th. Inn rooms basically are studios, except they have 2 queen beds (wish they had 1-bed & sofa like the studios). I have never stayed in a studio and haven't really been mindful as to their locations. Building 14 is the closest to the pool, but it really won't matter which building you are in because the nothing in the resort is more than a 1 minute walk away.

Happy Anniversary!

VERO BEACH FAQ

Contributors: starbox, MiaSRN62, mbhoxie, DisDaydreamer, Lisareniff, DVCconvert, Sorcerer's Dad, floridaFam, nzdisneymom

How do I get to Vero Beach?

I went to the FAQ specifically looking for this and the answer was blank! :rotfl: Anybody have a link to good directions? We are flying into Sanford staying at Vero for 3 days then on to WDW. :thumbsup2

I went to the FAQ specifically looking for this and the answer was blank! :rotfl: Anybody have a link to good directions? We are flying into Sanford staying at Vero for 3 days then on to WDW. :thumbsup2

We may cross paths as you're checking out & we're checking in.

I didn't know Sanford has an airport. We take the Amtrak Autotrain into Sanford.

From Sanford we take 46 east to Rt 1 south until Melbourne and catch 192 east over to 1A then 1A the rest of the way to the resort. Rt 46 goes a long way without much civilization so you might want to save some of your book for that leg of the trip. Once you're on Rt 1 civilization is bountiful.

I'll let others give a go at going from VB to WDW... I haven't made that trip.

Have a great trip :beach:

:beach:

When I go to VB, I don't wanna think about WDW! My beach trips and world trips are totally different. Can't imagine intermingling the two, although I know plenty do. Nope, only wanna think about the waves, beach, pool, Green Cabin, food, drinks, KSC, Ron Jon's. No rides, no lines, no busses. :goodvibes

We may cross paths as you're checking out & we're checking in.

I didn't know Sanford has an airport. We take the Amtrak Autotrain into Sanford.

From Sanford we take 46 east to Rt 1 south until Melbourne and catch 192 east over to 1A then 1A the rest of the way to the resort. Rt 46 goes a long way without much civilization so you might want to save some of your book for that leg of the trip. Once you're on Rt 1 civilization is bountiful.

Have a great trip :beach:

Thank you so much!!!! :worship:

When I go to VB, I don't wanna think about WDW! My beach trips and world trips are totally different. Can't imagine intermingling the two, although I know plenty do. Nope, only wanna think about the waves, beach, pool, Green Cabin, food, drinks, KSC, Ron Jon's. No rides, no lines, no busses. :goodvibes

Right there with you. If I were staying for 10+ days I might consider it, but otherwise 5 days isn't enough to fullfil my VB desires.

We were going to visit Ron Jon's this time down because... well... last summer my boogie board developed an air bubble under the top surface :mad: and... it unsettles me :crazy: , BUT, I found a new one locally at a great price so we're gonna be driving on through this time. :car:

Inn rooms basically are studios, except they have 2 queen beds (wish they had 1-bed & sofa like the studios).

Now see Rob....here's where I'm different. We specifically booked the Inn room for the sole reason it had 2 real beds. We are spending 7 nights at VB and none of us wanted to sleep on a sofa bed for that long. I am thankful the Inn offers the option of 2 queen beds. I can understand for a couple and maybe a young child who wouldn't mind a sofa bed. But for dh, myself and two teen dd's, they weren't going to be comfortable sharing a sofa bed. I do love the extra space a studio with a sofa offers, just not the comfort of sleep---especially for any stay over 3 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter