This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now... I have beaten it for good.
Rob....I missed this earlier. I also want to extend my CONGRATS to you ! It is really difficult---my dh smokes and has tried unsuccessfully to quit---so a big hats-off to you.
I am glad your dd survived the fall. My ds also fell from a second floor window in '88. So very scary and stressful so I could understand how you would be pulled back to the smoking. Glad it turned out well.

Nursetink and Claire.....have a wonderful time ! Post back to us with your TR's when you can :thumbsup2

nursetink Can you ask if thay have lifejacket that you can use. I don't want to take ours from home less in the car the more room for kids. My DD 5 , & DS 7 will be playing on the beach but like at home when thay are on the beach by the water lifejacket has to be on. Last year my DD11 I had her still with one on. I know how the water is there so jackets are a must for them. Thanks for the help.

Hey Claire :wave: There's 8 of you there now and 2 more coming tomorrow... knowing you all are there is getting me excited.... :dancer:

We've been here since Thursday and the weather is fabulous. We're in an OVIR on the 4th floor and wake to a glorious view of the ocean every morning. We're a little sad we have to leave tomorrow. See you on the beach!

- Mike

nursetink Can you ask if thay have lifejacket that you can use. I don't want to take ours from home less in the car the more room for kids. My DD 5 , & DS 7 will be playing on the beach but like at home when thay are on the beach by the water lifejacket has to be on. Last year my DD11 I had her still with one on. I know how the water is there so jackets are a must for them. Thanks for the help.

I'm 99% sure they do not have life jackets for use at the beach. The rental people give them to you when you use the jet ski, but that is all. I imagine they have them at the pool, but doubt they intend for them to be take away from the pool area.

If nobody else confirms before my visit, I have it on my fact finding list for our next visit in TWO WEEKS!! :banana:

We've been here since Thursday and the weather is fabulous. We're in an OVIR on the 4th floor and wake to a glorious view of the ocean every morning. We're a little sad we have to leave tomorrow. See you on the beach!

- Mike

We are overlooking the pool, 3rd floor. Off out this lunchtime but on the beach/by the pool later this afternoon.

Claire ;)

I wish I could give you a good answer on the life jackets. I know they provided them to us when we rented jet skis there, but not sure if they were just included with the jet ski rental specifically ?

I just booked the Shutters breakfast for 10:45 am on Sat Aug 16. :thumbsup2

We will be down July 21-25 so If you go and can find out that would be great.:thumbsup2

Harley-Mouse I asked them today at Eb and Flo's they said that you may use the complimentary life jackets on the beach, but they ask that you return them by 7 PM. I hope this helps.

Sorry my post was so short, but the laptop battery was low the other day. My Vero trip is coming to a close. As we will be leaving tomorrow. I will post more when I return home, and be happy to answer any other questions.

Shana

When we were there in April we borrowed a life jacket for the length of our stay. We had it and were ready to go for the next day at the pool.

Also, there are noodles you can borrow at Eb and Flo's for the pool.

they said that you may use the complimentary life jackets on the beach, but they ask that you return them by 7 PM.
Shana

That's nice... I'm glad they do that. You just can't beat VB. Thanks for the definitive word, Shana. Have a good trip home. :thumbsup2

We are just toying with the idea of going to VB instead of WDW Oct. 19-24. We are in our mid 50's - just dh and me. Any advice; recommendations? I love beach - pool. We both love margaritas. Is there a super target in Vero Beach? We buy sugar free margarita mix that as far as we know is only available at a super target. By the way - we used "zyban" to quit and have been smoke free for 10 years last month.

:wave2:

We will be in Vero Oct 19-24. It is a very different vacation compared to WDW. It is very lazy trip for us...just the way we like it. We spend our day eating, hanging out at the beach/pool and taking naps. On our last trip we went to the botanical gardens. This trip the boys plan to charter a boat (with a captain) and go fishing for a day. The girls will head into the town of Vero and spend a day of shopping and enjoy pedi's at a shoe shop called Tootsie's and enjoy lunch at the Lemon Tree.

There is a Target in the town of Vero but it is not a super target. The closet super is about 40 miles north.

We are just toying with the idea of going to VB instead of WDW Oct. 19-24. We are in our mid 50's - just dh and me. Any advice; recommendations? I love beach - pool. We both love margaritas. Is there a super target in Vero Beach? We buy sugar free margarita mix that as far as we know is only available at a super target. By the way - we used "zyban" to quit and have been smoke free for 10 years last month.

BEACH + POOL + MARGARITAS = VERO BEACH :beach: You won't be sorry.

There is a Target in Vero Beach proper, which is about 20 mins south of the resort. It is on Rt 60. Congrats on kicking the curse. I am especially happy to see that one can enjoy Margaritas w/o smoking too. Haven't tested that yet.

Hi....
Anyone know specifically what is served at the snack stand by the pool, as far as food ? Just found out one of our traveling party is a vegetarian and on a tight budget.
Thanks

I know they offer salads. They also had wraps last time I was there so you may be able to ask for a vegetarian wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter