• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the roll call- We were there on Feb 17-19 Garden View Inn Room (can you believe I got sea sick with the OV room:confused3 ) But I just love it there. I even liked our room it was 2301 right off the elevator and overlooking the front driveway. I didn't get the sunrise but I got the Sunset!!! It was really nice.

IMHO this is Disney best kept secret!!! Even though it the resort was at full Capacity (presidents day weekend) it wasn't crowded.

Have a great time EVERYONE!!!

Missed the roll call- We were there on Feb 17-19 Garden View Inn Room (can you believe I got sea sick with the OV room:confused3 ) But I just love it there. I even liked our room it was 2301 right off the elevator and overlooking the front driveway. I didn't get the sunrise but I got the Sunset!!! It was really nice.

IMHO this is Disney best kept secret!!! Even though it the resort was at full Capacity (presidents day weekend) it wasn't crowded.

Have a great time EVERYONE!!!

Hmmm... sea sick?.... How about pregnant? :rolleyes1 Unless of course you're a guy and maybe it was food poisoning.

Ok Minnesota -- i got your message :rotfl: You would think after nearly 40 years of "proof reading" legal junk, I would have proofing down by now. But, now that I think about it -- it was just a bunch of legal "crap." Guess retirement has finally gone to my head!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I just downloaded squid lips' menu. OMG! It looks amazing! I'll check out the rest of the ice cream shops.

So, Sebastian is closer -- how about the price -- I see there is no price on the menu. Here in the Napa Valley, if there's no price on the menu, you probably don't have enough $$ to eat there.

We are so excited about our first trip to VB. You all have made it sound so perfect.

Leslye

Kimkatmom,

Are you in Napa Valley California ??

Prices are awesome for what you get - in the 10$-20$ range (similar to prices at Shutters) There was a live band playing Jimmy Buffet last year.

I should point out that the decor is not fine dining. It is open air with the windows open most of the time. The windows zip up if that gives you a clue. We were there one night and it was storming pretty bad. They just zipped up the windows on the side that the wind was blowing. Now unless they have updated I would say it is a beachside diner look. :thumbsup2

Hixski says : I should point out that the decor is not fine dining. It is open air with the windows open most of the time. The windows zip up if that gives you a clue.

Thanks for the head's up. It's ok with me....we're very casual folk. I spied this entree on their menu just now (and the drunkin' sweet potato doesn't sound bad either !)
From the Squid Lips menu :
Praline Tilapia - A mild, flaky Tilapia filet, lightly dusted in seasoned flour,
delicately pan-sautéed, then drizzled with a sweet pecan praline
butter sauce

I should point out that the decor is not fine dining. It is open air with the windows open most of the time. The windows zip up if that gives you a clue. We were there one night and it was storming pretty bad. They just zipped up the windows on the side that the wind was blowing. Now unless they have updated I would say it is a beachside diner look. :thumbsup2

Oh, that's not a problem. We go to a dump in Vallejo called the Sardine Can -- that's about what it is. A little dive with a bar and picnic tables facing Mare Island and the Mare Island sound. [Mare Island is an abandoned Navel Base.] OMG, do they have the best fish and chips. Can't get enough of them. Good thing they are in Vallejo and gas is climbing to $4 a gallon -- otherwise I would look like the Goodyear Blimp! :rotfl:

Have you ever watched Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Channel? Sometimes the best places to eat are little dives!

Leslye

:lmao:
Hmmm... sea sick?.... How about pregnant? :rolleyes1 Unless of course you're a guy and maybe it was food poisoning.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No not pregnant- definitely sea sick. I can't believe it either-- In my 20's I cruised every year and my family owned a speed boat.
I got a little sea sick again in the water mice boats. Oh well at least the garden view rooms are less points!!!

Hey, I have a question-I know it's not great snorkeling off the beach at Vero, but is there any good snorkeling close by? Does anyone know how close those clear springs are? Has anyone done that? We used to live in South Florida and would snorkel in the keys all the time, but that's a looooooong drive from Vero...

Hey, I have a question-I know it's not great snorkeling off the beach at Vero, but is there any good snorkeling close by? Does anyone know how close those clear springs are? Has anyone done that? We used to live in South Florida and would snorkel in the keys all the time, but that's a looooooong drive from Vero...

I think there are a lot of cool diving spots (offshore artificial reefs), but not snorkeling. I think the clear springs of central Florida are your best and closest spots. I'm no expert though.

Does anyone have any recent experience with deep sea fishing excursions at VB? Any recommendations for a multi-generational adventure?

Arriving April 12 - 19th, with my 3 kids ages 10,9, & 4, Trip we planned last year, unfortunately I am doing it alone as my husband passed away in Feb from lung cancer. It will be a difficult trip, but the children & I need something fun to look forward to and Vero seems to be it. keep the messages coming - especially dining options and fun things for kids.

Very nice thread here. But please don't give away all our secrets. Moved here two years ago from Ohio.....don't want to many more people moving here.;)

Arriving April 12 - 19th, with my 3 kids ages 10,9, & 4, Trip we planned last year, unfortunately I am doing it alone as my husband passed away in Feb from lung cancer. It will be a difficult trip, but the children & I need something fun to look forward to and Vero seems to be it. keep the messages coming - especially dining options and fun things for kids.

Sleeping Beauty.....so very sorry for your loss. I wish you a wonderful time with your children next month. I am sure you will all have a great time at the resort and beach. I'm sure you and the kids need some away time---and Vero is a perfect place for that.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you. Remember to post back here and share your thoughts, feelings (photos) with the group.

Wow... Life is so unpredictable. I am so sorry this happened to you all. Certainly hope you all can enjoy your trip and it helps heal the anguish I'm sure you are feeling.

Yes I am. Good old Napa, CA.

another Northern Californian... Hello :hippie: we are from the Tahoe area, Georgetown actually.. lots of snow still:sad2: can't wait for the warm sand at Vero:cool2: we are going to be there at the same time :cool1:

another Northern Californian... Hello :hippie: we are from the Tahoe area, Georgetown actually.. lots of snow still:sad2: can't wait for the warm sand at Vero:cool2: we are going to be there at the same time :cool1:

BURRR! We actually are having beautiful weather here in NV. I have actually started on my tan! Can't imagine going to FL and being all white.

What dates are your traveling?

Leslye

BURRR! We actually are having beautiful weather here in NV. I have actually started on my tan! Can't imagine going to FL and being all white.

*******************************************ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS *******************************************ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS What dates are your traveling?

*******************************************ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS Leslye

We are only going to be there from May 3-5.. I wish it were longer :guilty: but last year I got pretty burnt fast so maybe I should be working on a tan.. oooooooo yaaaaaa we still have

We will be in VB May 4th-8th, and October 23rd-27th.

See ya'll there!... :beach:

MG

Hey MG hope to see you around the pool although I wouldn't know you if I saw you :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter