Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I will be visiting VB 5/1 - 5/4. We haven't been in a few years so we're all looking forward to relaxing after four busy days at WDW.

:tinker: DVCDawn

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this question -- but I thought I would start here.

My husband is looking for two things in the VB area --
An ice cream shop [he adores Beaches and Cream] and
A shrimp/crab shack

Any suggestions?

Leslye

Leslye -

Might want to edit the spelling in that last post... A crap shack? Like an outhouse next to his ice cream parlor?

A crap shack? Like an outhouse next to his ice cream parlor?
Thanks for the chuckle MinnesotaChill ! :rotfl: :lmao:

Leslye,
How about these :
http://www.verobeachlobstershanty.com/

Shutters right at the resort has a good icecream dessert :
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_vero3.htm

Boardwalk Cafe & Ice Cream CO
4079 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963
Phone: (772) 234-9570

Apples Bakery & Ice Cream Parlor
486 21st St
Vero Beach, FL 32960

(772) 567-5877

I haven't mapquested out the distances on these......hope this helps.

Thanks for the chuckle MinnesotaChill ! :rotfl: :lmao:

Leslye,
How about these :
http://www.verobeachlobstershanty.com/

Shutters right at the resort has a good icecream dessert :
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_vero3.htm

Boardwalk Cafe & Ice Cream CO
4079 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963
Phone: (772) 234-9570

Apples Bakery & Ice Cream Parlor
486 21st St
Vero Beach, FL 32960

(772) 567-5877

I haven't mapquested out the distances on these......hope this helps.

Maria, We are on the same page.

:) I was just doing some research and was going to suggest the very same two places for ice cream. They are 7.5 mi. from the resort.

I'm a Florida native so I'm picky about seafood. It has to have been swimming in the morning to get my approval. That said, I am an awfully big fan of Squid Lips for crab/shrimp.

Make sure to try their secret recipe vanilla vinagrette dressing. :cloud9:

I'm making my list of places to go and things to do. Thanks for all the suggestions. My family will be in AWE of my superior Vero Beach knowledge!!!I'm so jealous of, well, just about all of you! I have to wait until September for my visit.

I'm a Florida native so I'm picky about seafood. It has to have been swimming in the morning to get my approval. That said, I am an awfully big fan of Squid Lips for crab/shrimp.

DH and I love Squid Lips!!!! The last time we were at VB for 6 nights and went there for Happy Hour 3 nights. Their jumbo shrimp and grouper fingers were wonderful!!:thumbsup2

A few months ago I did a google map of some restaurants near VB. I just did a search of restaurants and put in the addresses. So no guarantees everything is correct.

Google Map of VB restaurants

You should be able to zoom in and also click on the pins to get the restaurant name. Or click on the name in the list and have it label the pin.

Thank you very much.....had a feeling it was Sebastian.
Maria

I have a picture of it too!

109_0941.jpg

wow...great photo Hixski. Thanks for taking the time to post it for me and others.
I will definitely take your and starbox's suggestion to eat there.

A few months ago I did a google map of some restaurants near VB. I just did a search of restaurants and put in the addresses. So no guarantees everything is correct.

Google Map of VB restaurants

You should be able to zoom in and also click on the pins to get the restaurant name. Or click on the name in the list and have it label the pin.

Lisa, thanks so much for posting this! Since this will be our first stay at VB, this really helps me get an idea of where everything is!:flower3:

Gail

Well we will have to compare notes!! Coming from the Annapolis Maryland area, we really know how to eat those shrimp and crabs. !:goodvibes

Ok Minnesota -- i got your message :rotfl: You would think after nearly 40 years of "proof reading" legal junk, I would have proofing down by now. But, now that I think about it -- it was just a bunch of legal "crap." Guess retirement has finally gone to my head!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I just downloaded squid lips' menu. OMG! It looks amazing! I'll check out the rest of the ice cream shops.

So, Sebastian is closer -- how about the price -- I see there is no price on the menu. Here in the Napa Valley, if there's no price on the menu, you probably don't have enough $$ to eat there.

We are so excited about our first trip to VB. You all have made it sound so perfect.

Leslye

So, Sebastian is closer -- how about the price -- I see there is no price on the menu. Here in the Napa Valley, if there's no price on the menu, you probably don't have enough $$ to eat there.

Prices are awesome for what you get - in the 10$-20$ range (similar to prices at Shutters) There was a live band playing Jimmy Buffet last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter