Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're making our first Vero trip for Labor Day weekend. We're staying Sat/Sun in the 3-bedroom cottage house.

:beach: Will be there 4/6-4/18 got a 1bedroom waitlisted for a 2. Can't wait, been there 3or 4 times and love the whole experience!!!! My 10 yr old daughter loves the ocean. Wife and I catch up on our reading and 16 yr old son is always looking for something to do. You know how that is. Thanks for all the info and se ya real soon!!!!:beach:

Has anyone heard about the chair swap yet???

We will be heading to VB 4/5 - 4/12. Look for the 2 stressed out moms who just drove from MI in one van with 5 kids aged 4-12...

The dads are going to have a peaceful week+ at home...

Forgive me if this has been posted earlier in this thread (I'm just too pooped to scroll back 6 pages) but would it be a good idea for us to bring our bikes down? The kids got new bikes for christmas and our neighborhood is kind of hilly and not great for newbie bike riding. Are there good places to ride in VB? Can the grownups rent a few bikes to ride along with?

Just back from our first trip to Vero Beach and we absolutely LOVED it, even though we were given a 3rd floor OVIR with a tiny balcony. But we spent most of our time at the pool anyway. Avoid room 2331 (and 2330-2333 for that matter).

The slide at the pool was "wicked awesome", according to my DD4 & DD7.

Will it be possible to get a 2bdrm at the 7mth window for March? Since I've never been to VB, I don't have a handle on whether or not it's a really big resort that handles a lot of people or more of a smaller resort where you have to own to get the prime times.

Hi Minnesota...
I'm certainly no VB expert, but as a DVC Member I can tell you, for 2009, all of March and half of April is "premiere" season at VB. It's the highest number of points. I don't know if this means the spring break/Easter vacationers make this resort a priority for vacations or not.

Are you a DVC Member Minnesota Chill ? Or would you be renting. If you are a Member, I'd suggest calling day by day to add on your vacation nights instead of waiting to make a reservation for the whole week.

If you are renting, I'd call earlier than the 7 month window if you can. I think the resort could be catagorized as on the small side. There are the Inn rooms (I think 4 floors), then the surrounding villas/studios on either side of the Inn. If I'm off on this, hopefully someone will correct me.

would it be a good idea for us to bring our bikes down? The kids got new bikes for christmas and our neighborhood is kind of hilly and not great for newbie bike riding. Are there good places to ride in VB? Can the grownups rent a few bikes to ride along with?
Hi Kickapoo (love your screen name btw)........
Yes....there are bike rental and bike paths but don't know exactly how much it costs. I read somewhere there is an underground tunnel at VB that gets you across the street to the land Disney owns on the other side of A1A. Perhaps someone else would have more details. Hope the kids have fun with their new bikes. :cool1:

Ok, thanks to posting on this thread, I realized I hadn't booked Labor Day weekend, I booked the weekend after. So my dates are 9/5-9/7. I hope the rest of my group doesn't get too angry for my mistake.

ETA: There will be 13 of us (including a baby) in the Beach house.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, we are dvc members, SSR & BWV. I was thinking the higher points were because people had the time off, but not necessarily that it is super busy because it might be cool that time of year. Guess your reasoning makes more sense! (wish we had a smiley face thwapping himself in the forehead, like "duh!")

I was also hoping that like SSR, it was big enough to absorb the bigger crowds, but it sounds like it's not, so maybe I should have a back up plan...

Please check the Swap Thread for the 2008 lists.

Thanks!

Hi Kickapoo (love your screen name btw)........
Yes....there are bike rental and bike paths but don't know exactly how much it costs. I read somewhere there is an underground tunnel at VB that gets you across the street to the land Disney owns on the other side of A1A. Perhaps someone else would have more details. Hope the kids have fun with their new bikes. :cool1:

The tunnel that goes under the highway. (both ends)
P1010136.jpg

P1010138.jpg

On the other side of the street they have a small lake

P1010131.jpg

Over there they also have a hike/bike trail that goes all the way up to Pelican Island (8miles). No charges for the trail usage. So bring those bikes. :thumbsup2

And they have tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and a soccer field over there. And a couple of charcoal grilles and picnic tables.

Ok, thanks to posting on this thread, I realized I hadn't booked Labor Day weekend, I booked the weekend after. So my dates are 9/5-9/7. I hope the rest of my group doesn't get too angry for my mistake.

ETA: There will be 13 of us (including a baby) in the Beach house.

::crazy2: That's a lot of people. You're going to need a day or two off to recoup.

The tunnel that goes under the highway. (both ends)
P1010136.jpg

P1010138.jpg

On the other side of the street they have a small lake

P1010131.jpg

Over there they also have a hike/bike trail that goes all the way up to Pelican Island (8miles). No charges for the trail usage. So bring those bikes. :thumbsup2

And they have tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and a soccer field over there. And a couple of charcoal grilles and picnic tables.

Coool!!!:woohoo:

Man, april can't get here fast enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter