VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

Here's a silly question - does Shutters/Seagrape take reservations? Because I can't find the restaurant at all to book.

I was also wondering about a recent menu for Shutters and the other current food options during construction. With our trip being the end of this month I was waiting and hoping that the construction would be complete but it doesn't seem like that will happen now.

I was also wondering about a recent menu for Shutters and the other current food options during construction. With our trip being the end of this month I was waiting and hoping that the construction would be complete but it doesn't seem like that will happen now.
It turns out the Disney's Vero Beach Rocks Facebook group is very active, Jen, so if you don't get an answer here, try there, it might already be posted!

Thanks for the Facebook page info
Heading to vero on the 24th
Glad there's not to much damage done after Matthews visit

haven't posted in these boards for quite sometime - since facebook! But I have a question I don't want my husband to see in Vero Beach Rocks. We will be there on October 26 when he turns 64, and I was wondering if you can order a cake like at the parks?

haven't posted in these boards for quite sometime - since facebook! But I have a question I don't want my husband to see in Vero Beach Rocks. We will be there on October 26 when he turns 64, and I was wondering if you can order a cake like at the parks?
I can't find a Facebook page called "Vero Beach Rocks". How do I get there?

Need to change our 2016 roll call entry! We had to cancel our Oct. 30 - Nov. 1 GVIR, but this AM I booked an OVIR for Dec. 13-15. And thanks to this thread I knew to request 3rd or 4th floor. We're really looking forward to our first visit to VB.

Can anyone tell me about the breakfast in Green Cabin Room. Is it everyday and always a buffet? What are the offerings and how is the food? TIA!

Is resort back to fully functioning after hurricane? :confused3Anyone privy to any information on when restaurants refurb will be completed?:goodvibes MUCH THANKS as always!:goodvibes:disrocks:

Can anyone tell me about the breakfast in Green Cabin Room. Is it everyday and always a buffet? What are the offerings and how is the food? TIA!

We are at the resort now and have had the buffet 2 days in a row. The food is very good and includes an omelette chef to cook your eggs, potatoes, fruit, really good danishes, bacon, sausage and toast. We have enjoyed it. I think it is everyday.

We are at the resort now and have had the buffet 2 days in a row. The food is very good and includes an omelette chef to cook your eggs, potatoes, fruit, really good danishes, bacon, sausage and toast. We have enjoyed it. I think it is everyday.

THANK YOU cindyzig!! Do you happen to know the adult/child prices? If you get a chance PLEASE post any menus or food options that were available during your stay--I was hoping the restaurants would be done by our stay but now our trip is getting closer and closer!

We are VB now as well and the cost of the breakfast buffet at the Green Cabin Room is $12.00 for adults and $8.00 for children.

Shutters just started a new menu and it is different than the one we got from the front desk. Sorry we forgot to photo it. Good food though, the most expensive items were for steaks running $33 (strip) and $34 (tenderloin) per plate. We purchased the NY strip steaks and they were very good, puree cheddar potatoes, sauté fall veggies, with rolls and corn bread. I would get it again. We had left overs which we shared for a light meal the next day. There was a fabulous Maryland Blue Crab Cake and creamed mushroom soup that was so thick your spoon could stand in it. Yummy.

THANK YOU cindyzig!! Do you happen to know the adult/child prices? If you get a chance PLEASE post any menus or food options that were available during your stay--I was hoping the restaurants would be done by our stay but now our trip is getting closer and closer!

It looks like there are some other DVC members here now helping with food info too. We ate at Shutters our first night, and we thought it was very good too. My husband had the pork tenderloin, and it was fantastic. They also have burgers and regular food items on that menu. The banana, chocolate chip bread pudding dessert was to die for... it came with vanilla sauce, extra chocolate chips, and caramel sauce. I also really liked the corn bread.

On Wednesday night, Shutters was closed because there was a wedding in the conference room, so they had a buffet in the Green Cabin Room for $19 for adults. I think it was around $12 for the kids. It was a bummer because we wanted Shutters food again, however, we really enjoyed the buffet. They had beef tenderloin, chicken cacciatore, pesto pasta with shrimp, cooked veggies, potatoes (much like the really good breakfast ones), and salad. There could have been more...everyone liked it.

There is a Grab and Go near the lobby, but I keep hitting the breakfast buffet and haven't made it all the way down in the morning. I will try to remember to check it out in the morning just for fun.

I also tried the food by the pool today with my hubby and son. We ordered burgers and hot dogs which were also very good. We have gone into town to eat at a few places too, but we have been satisfied by the food at the resort, and we are very picky. We were not happy at all with the food at Aulani, and my DH and I both agreed that it was better here even with the restaurants under construction, and it was more affordable.

On a side note, we loved this resort and plan on hitting it every year now. There is so much to do here for the kids, but it is also laid back and so relaxing with the beautiful ocean. I can't say enough good things about our stay here so far. I will be sad to leave on Sunday!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter