VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

We are going to be at VBR Oct. 29 - Nov. 5. It's been a few years since we visited. Our favorite breakfast place is out of business (Two Southern Sisters) :( Can folks recommend some decent off-site places for breakfast. We'll have a 1 bedroom so plan to breakfast most mornings in our room. However, as a treat, we like to eat breakfast out a couple times while we are there.

Thanks!
My DH and DS had a late breakfast and I had one of the specials, a delicious salad with chicken for and early lunch at the Lemon Tree. Pretty area of shops in Vero Beach. All the entrees were yummy! Seemed busy, does quite a good business.:thumbsup2Also, we did "take out" from the cute deli place right to the left of the villas right off the beach , bacon, egg and cheese and pork roll, egg and cheese, picked up some orange juice too. Didn't get an opportunity to try their subs for lunch, but I would imagine they were very good as they were preparing for the lunch crowd in the morning.

Do you happen to have a photo of the activities guide?

Was there any news when the restaurants will be opening after construction? The CM's keep hinting to me that an additional character meal will be available when the restaurant construction is complete!!

Hi! I don't have the times guide anymore, sorry. We mostly did the 8PM activity which was adult dictionary or adult trivia. There were some arts and crafts during the day (wine glasses, tie-dye shirts, etc).

They didn't give us an estimate on when the restaurants will be done either :(

My DH and DS had a late breakfast and I had one of the specials, a delicious salad with chicken for and early lunch at the Lemon Tree. Pretty area of shops in Vero Beach. All the entrees were yummy! Seemed busy, does quite a good business.:thumbsup2Also, we did "take out" from the cute deli place right to the left of the villas right off the beach , bacon, egg and cheese and pork roll, egg and cheese, picked up some orange juice too. Didn't get an opportunity to try their subs for lunch, but I would imagine they were very good as they were preparing for the lunch crowd in the morning.
THANK YOU!!:thanks:

Are dole whip floats still available while the refurb is going on? What are the current restaurant options?

Anyone heading out to Vero the next few days? Worried/canceling/called the resort?

Anyone heading out to Vero the next few days? Worried/canceling/called the resort?
Have you got a call to move yet? The barrier island is being ordered to evacuate. I would call the resort and ask for help relocating to WDW

Have you got a call to move yet? The barrier island is being ordered to evacuate. I would call the resort and ask for help relocating to WDW

We are supposed to check-in Saturday (driving down) - have seen warnings though also for I95 Corridor. We have been going back and forth about what to do. We will most likely cancel tomorrow.

Thank you.

Are dole whip floats still available while the refurb is going on? What are the current restaurant options?

I don't know about Dole Whips but for dining, your options are:
Green Cabin Room - buffet breakfast for $12. They have their bar menu for lunch through the evening. They also have pizza you can eat there or take away available from noon until 9 or 9:30. They a lot of snacky type menu options - we enjoyed everything we ordered which over our trip included the meatballs, bbq flatbread, skewered shrimp, soft pretzels with cheese sauce and regular pizza.

Shutters - breakfast buffet on Saturday. Open for dinner in the banquet room.

Bleachers - open from 11am-4pm. They are set up in the gazebo and have burgers, grilled cheese supreme, chicken nuggets and a chicken sandwich. The food is prepared inside...you'll be given a pager and when the food comes out you go back to the gazebo to pick it up. It will be in take out containers. They have a full bar there but no frozen drinks.

Right up the street from the resort on Wabasso road there's a pizza place which is open until 9:30 that was eh and sandwich shop which closes at 5/5:30 that was delicious.

We live about ten minutes away from the resort. I haven't heard of any evacuation orders yet. Schools are closed Thursday and Friday but Saturday may be relatively calm. It's hard to predict.

As of now the resort will be closed through Sunday night. 3' - 5' storm surge over barrier island and 12' waves per NWS. I glad they did the dune restoration last year or I think the cottages would oceanfront after the storm

As of now the resort will be closed through Sunday night. 3' - 5' storm surge over barrier island and 12' waves per NWS. I glad they did the dune restoration last year or I think the cottages would oceanfront after the storm

Thank you for the update.

I'm glad they've declared the resort closed at least through Sunday. After the storm passes, they'll need time to assess the damage and make sure that it is safe for guests to return before they let anyone back in. I think I remember Vero Beach being closed for sometime after a previous hurricane - I hope that is not the case this time.

We live about ten minutes away from the resort. I haven't heard of any evacuation orders yet. Schools are closed Thursday and Friday but Saturday may be relatively calm. It's hard to predict.
Good luck to you. I've been through 3 hurricanes/ tropical storms and they all have hit during the daytime, I can't imagine what it will be at nighttime. Stay safe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter